• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 5,897 Views, 170 Comments

Role Reversal - TheGentlemanCreeper



A sequel to Freudian Slip. You helped Rarity face her demons and now it's her turn.

  • ...
16
 170
 5,897

Epilogue

“It’s been a hairy few months, but honestly? I think you’re in the clear now.”

You let out a long sigh of relief. When Twilight asked to meet you at her Library, you honestly felt like you were gonna have a coronary. “Oh thank the stars above.”

Rarity’s hoof finds its way into yours and squeezes tight. “And you’re 100% sure? There’s no more of that wretched poison is still floating around in his system?”

“Oh no, it’s still in there,” Twilight says flatly. “Trace amounts are still in your bloodstream, but nowhere near the amount to trigger anything like that initial poisoning.”

“Well, it’s only been a couple months,” you say sheepishly. “And you gave me 4 for a clean bill of health. At least now I can sleep a little sounder.”

“Especially considering the bank completely forgave our loan!” Rarity says with a laugh. “I mean, honestly! I’ve never heard of that happening before! It’s like it just got paid off in full!”

“Eh heh heh... Yeah, that really is something!” Twilight says a wide grin and a laugh. “So, umm! How are those renovations coming?”

“We just need to get the painting done and we’re ready. After that, the movers will get everything in and now that the whole debacle with Careheart is well and behind us, we can start looking to future!” Rarity beams for all but a second before scowling. “Ooooh just thinking about that mare makes my blood boil...”

“Well, she’s good and locked up now.” Twilight says. “I was about to go out and get something to eat. Wanna join me?”

“Ooooh! That sounds grand!” Rarity says, perking right up. “I’ve been craving a hayburger all day! One with onions, pickles, just a dash of sauerkraut and a side of onion rings. Ohh that all sounds so sinful but I can’t help myself!”

“Eeesh,” you mutter as you get to your hooves. “At least you’ve got your appetite back.”

Twilight raises a single eyebrow “Back?”

“Yeah, Rarity’s been sick these past couple mornings. Nothing serious, but...”

Twilight just stares at you, her eyes growing a little wider with each passing second.

“What?”

Comments ( 3 )

Ayyyyye! This is a dream come true:raritystarry:. I just finished the first, and now I find This! :duck:

I SO enjoyed this story! My mother, born in 1919, was the daughter of German immigrants to America, and I studied German in high school, so I was not put off by the amount of German language in it. The story was beautifully written and dealt with important issues. Enjoyable all the way through!

Login or register to comment