• Published 30th Oct 2011
  • 36,606 Views, 5,030 Comments

Two's Company, Three's a Crowd - Lithe Kamitatsy



One night of fun for a certain musical pair will leave their lives upside down.

  • ...
74
 5,030
 36,606

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Three

Octavia entered her apartment to a strange scene.

The living room was a disheveled mess, several records of artists she didn't recognize strewn about over the couch, music blaring to the point the walls were shaking. It was a small wonder the neighbor's hadn't tried to stop her.

Then again, if they did, knowing Vinyl she would have just turned it up to spite them...which is why THIS NOISE IS MAKING MY EARS BLEED! She screamed in her mind, determined to find whatever record was playing, and END its sorry existence.

She dropped her key in the bowl on the table next to the front door, and began to search for Vinyl throughout the apartment.

The first room she checked was the bedroom, coming up empty. The room was still neat, Octavia giving a small sigh of relief that that was one less thing she had to do.

"VINYL!" She yelled, but still the music drowned her out.

She then checked the kitchen, no sign of the DJ anywhere, aside from the absurd pile of dishes in the sink.

"UGH! When I get my hooves on her I will wring her neck until it STOPS BEING FUNNY!" Octavia fumed, resuming her search.

She checked all over the apartment, but could not find Vinyl.

This apartment is NOT THAT BIG. Ponies do NOT get lost in an apartment this size! She yelled inwardly. She then noticed a small glimmer of light coming from under the bathroom door, as well as a muffled voice coming through the door.

"YOU ARE MINE!" Octavia growled, rushing the door.

She pushed open the door, and felt her mane fray out from the sight, her eyes shrinking to the size of the eye of a needle.

Vinyl had just gotten done taking a shower, and as always, had tracked water all over the bathroom floor. Octavia found the DJ rocking out in front of the bathroom mirror as she dried her mane, water spraying everywhere (including all over Octavia) as she bobbed her head back and forth.

"BUUT IIIIIIIIIII JUST WANNA PLAY IT RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
WEEEEEEE, WE'RE GONNA GET THERE TONIIIIIIIIGHT!"

"VINYL!" Octavia yelled, trying to get her attention.

"IIIIIIIIIIIIIII, JUST WANNA TAKE YOU DOOOOOOOOOOWWWNNN!
WEEEEEE, WE'RE GONNA BRING YOU AROOOOUUUUUUNNND!"

"VINYL!!!" She yelled again, growing angrier and angrier by the moment.

"BUUT IIIIIIIIIII JUST WANNA PLAY IT RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
WEEEEEEE, WE'RE GONNA GET THERE TONIIIIIIIIGHT!"

"VIIIINYYYYLLLL!" Octavia roared at the top of her lungs at the exact moment the song ended.

"YIPE!" Vinyl yelled in surprise, not expecting another voice behind her. She immediately wheeled around, both her front hooves raised.

"I KNOW HOOF-TO-HOOF COMBAT!" She yelled, her towel still over her face as her chest heaved heavily, her heart pounding like a drum.

"Vinyl, for Celestia's sake, how many times have we spoken about you getting water everywhere?!" She said, her voice coated in anger.

Vinyl immediately recognized the voice as Octavia's and relaxed.

"Hey babe, how'd it go at the doc's? Everything good?" She asked, removing the towel from her face, her still-wet mane lightly spraying Octavia as it frizzed back to its normal shape.

"Everything is NOT alright! You and I need to have a talk." Octavia said firmly, somewhat out of breath from all the yelling. "It did NOT help that I walked into that infernal racket you call music!"

"Hey, hey, hey, Deadhor5 is NOT racket! He is an ARTIST! Not to mention Rob Wires has the voice of an angel!" She swooned. "He can sing for me ANY DAY."

"He does have an exceptional vocal range...such a shame he wastes it on such noise." Octavia huffed.

"Again, Octy, it's not noise! It's called house!" Vinyl corrected.

"REGARDLESS! We have matters to discuss. Meet me in the kitchen when you are done." She said, her tone serious. She turned and trotted her way towards the kitchen.

"Uh...okay." Vinyl said, turning to finish drying her mane.

~A Little While Later~

Vinyl took a seat across from Octavia, who was having a bit of tea to calm her nerves.

"So, what's this uber-important matter you talked about?" Vinyl said, curious to know what Octavia had on her mind.

It almost irked Octavia to see Vinyl so relaxed. We will see how relaxed you will be when I tell you that-that-

She stopped. How was she gonna break it to Vinyl? She had been so caught up in the events of the day she hadn't considered how she was going to break the news to her marefriend.

"I...um...I..." She started, trying to find the right words.

"You what, Octy?" Vinyl said, tilting her head slightly, trying to understand.

"...I...I am...pregnant..." Octavia said, her voice very soft.

Vinyl's eye twitched, the news completely throwing her mind upside-down.

"WWWWHHHAAAAATTTT!?" Vinyl shrieked, not sure what to make of the news.

Octavia jumped slightly at the reaction, but what followed made her heart ache.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" Vinyl yelled, her ruby red eyes welling over with tears. "I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT YOU, YOU OF ALL PONIES, WOULD DO THIS TO ME!"

"Vinyl-" Octavia started, but was cut off.

"WHO WAS IT, HUH? THAT STALLION FROM THE BAR?! YOU KNOW, THE ONE THAT WAS GIVING YOU THOSE WEIRD WINKS!? I THOUGHT YOU SAID HE WAS CREEPY! WHY, OCTY!?" Vinyl screamed, her mind going in a thousand different directions.

"VINYL-" Octavia tried to start again, but failed miserably as Vinyl continued on her misguided tirade.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, OCTY! I LOVE YOU, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT!? WHY WOULD YOU CHEAT ON ME?! PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS JUST SOME CRAZY JOKE! PLEASE-"

"IT'S YOURS!"

Vinyl stopped dead in her tracks. The words rang loudly in her head, tears still streaming down her muzzle and dripping off her chin. "Wh...what?"

"Yes, Vinyl...the foal is yours..." Octavia said with a thick blush, averting her violet eyes.

"It...it is?" Vinyl said softly, trotting over to Octavia with a look in her eyes that she would break if it wasn't true.

"...Yes...it i-" Octavia was cut off as Vinyl forcefully kissed Octavia, her hooves on Octavia's neck.

"YESS! OH MY CELESTIA I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! YEEEES YES YES YES YES!" Vinyl hopped around the room, doing a complete 180 in mood.

"V-Vinyl...how are you so happy? J-Just a moment ago you were..." Octavia mumbled, unable to believe her eyes.

"Are you KIDDING?! I was worried that you had cheated on me, but now that I know the foal's mine, I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!" She squealed, unable to contain her excitement.

"Y-You are? I-I never would have guessed that you would have wanted this so badly...I never knew." Octavia said, bringing up an excellent point.

"Oh, I never told you? It's always been a dream of mine to have a foal." She said flatly, as if it was no big deal.

Octavia was shocked. She never knew such a side to Vinyl existed. Vinyl was the textbook definition of tomboyish, so to see such a feminine side to her was surprising...and refreshing.

"Octy, just 'cause I don't act like a girl doesn't mean I don't THINK like one." She giggled, trotting back over to Octavia.

"I've dreamed of being a mom ever since I was a filly. I kinda gave up on that when we started dating, but you're going to make my dream come true! THANK YOU SO MUCH, OCTY!" Vinyl said, pulling her lover into a tight embrace.

Octavia couldn't help but smile, wrapping her forelegs tightly around Vinyl.

What surprised Vinyl was the sounds of Octavia crying, finally letting out all the pent up emotion she had had throughout the day. She simply held Octavia, gently stroking her mane as she got it all out.

"Geez, Octy...I didn't think you were so worked up..."

Vinyl pushed Octavia back a bit, and wiped her eyes with a hoof. "Just relax, alright? Thing's are gonna be great from here on out." She said, giving Octavia her trademark smile from ear to ear.

"P-Please...try to refrain from smiling like that...your face might get stuck like that..." Octavia chuckled.

"Oh come on, you know you love it." Vinyl said, her smile turning into a smirk.

"Yes...I do." Octavia blushed, returning to Vinyl's embrace.

PreviousChapters Next