• Published 30th Oct 2011
  • 36,614 Views, 5,030 Comments

Two's Company, Three's a Crowd - Lithe Kamitatsy



One night of fun for a certain musical pair will leave their lives upside down.

  • ...
74
 5,030
 36,614

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Sixteen

The three walked towards a small cafe near the Library, taking a seat outside while they waited for the waiter.

"Y'know, that Trixie filly is something else. How long have you two been dating?" Vinyl asked.

Twilight blushed slightly, thinking back. "Well, I originally met her a quite some time ago when she came to Ponyville, boasting about her magical abilities. She was dead-set on convincing everypony that she had vanquished an Ursa Major, amongst other feats. At first, everypony disliked her...for good reason, admittedly."

"Why is that?" Octavia asked, curious.

"Well, she DID kind of show up all my friends...she tied Applejack up with her own rope, turned Rarity into a fashion DISASTER, and a few other things that generally just embarrassed them." She explained. "Everyone kept egging me on about showing her up, but I honestly didn't want to stoop to her level and end up having everypony think I'm just like her. In the end, two other colts that live in town got a little over-excited and woke up an Ursa Minor, which came into town and started terrorizing everypony. I was able to put it back to sleep, but Trixie ran off before I could talk to her again." She said.

"So what, did she come back on her own? Or did you go looking for her?" Vinyl questioned.

"It's a funny, story actually...I received mail one day from her: a legal summons sent by her agent. As it turns out..." Twilight then turned a deep shade of red. "...She wrote a screenplay about me, and wanted my permission to have my likeness used in it."

Octavia smiled. "How sweet of her. She must really care about you."

Vinyl merely laughed. "So she sued you, just to get your attention?"

Octavia sighed. "No, Vinyl. She did not SUE Twilight, she just wanted her permission-"

"Huh. Maybe I should do that." Vinyl said. She then turned to Octavia. "Octy, I love you so much that I'm suing you. I'll see you in court." Octavia face-hoofed so hard that Twilight winced.

"Heh, kinda reminds me of the time I got that new Hoofby Surround Sound for my system, and blew out our neighbor's wall with the drop on the track I was mixing." Vinyl grinned, proud of herself.

"Ugh, please do NOT remind me Vinyl. The amount of begging I had to do to prevent our landlord from throwing us out was humiliating, not to mention I promised free concert tickets to him and his wife for the next year." Octavia groaned, remembering it clearly. "Thankfully, the neighbors were kind enough not to press charges."

"The police weren't." Vinyl said flatly, folding her forelegs.

Twilight chuckled sheepishly, not sure what to say. "Well, to put it simply, I talked to Trixie about why she created the screenplay. She told me she was in such awe of my ability and grace she felt she wasn't worthy of being near me, and tried to hide it with her illeisms and self-propagation. Over time, she grew to miss me to the point she felt she had to get my attention, but she was also afraid of how Ponyville would treat her after the mess she caused." Twilight paused to take a breath.

"I think it was what she did next that made me fall for her. She went to each and every resident of Ponyville and apologized, one by one. It damaged her pride, sure...but she said I was more important than that." She blushed. "Eventually, everypony started to see that she was a good pony on the inside, she just has a weird way of showing it. She moved in only a couple weeks ago, seeing as she didn't really have anywhere to stay, and that's how it's been ever since."

"That's a nice story." Vinyl said, content with the ending. It was then that Vinyl heard a whistling sound filling her ears. "Um...am I going deaf or do you guys hear that whistling?" She asked. Both Octavia and Twilight looked around, looking for the source.

"Yeah, I hear it too..." Twilight said.

"Me too..."

Vinyl looked up. "Uh..."

"WATCH OUUUUTTTTT! A voice yelled as it screamed towards them. At the last possible moment, Vinyl pushed Octavia out of the way, Twilight jumping backward as a rainbow-colored blur slammed into their table, destroying it completely and leaving a small crater where she made impact. When the dust settled, a cyan pegasus with a rainbow-colored mane and tail sat in the crater, very much dazed and confused.

"RAINBOW DASH! What were you thinking?! You could have hurt yourself, or worse, somepony else!" Twilight scolded as the dust settled. Rainbow Dash shook her head slightly to stop the shaking in her vision.

"Ugh...what..." She then realized she was on the ground. "DARN IT I was so close! I KNEW I shoulda pulled up sooner! Whatever, I'll just try that move again until I get it right! The Princess didn't call me the "Best Young Flier in Equestria" for nothing!" She grinned mischievously, eager to get back up in the air.

"Oh no you don't!" Twilight yelled as she used her magic to hold the pegasus in place.

"Wha-Twilight! Let me go!" She said, desperately trying to flap her wings but gained no distance.

"Not until you apologize to the two other mares you almost FLATTENED." She chastised.

"Ugh, fine! Just lemme go already!" A moment later, the purple glow around her faded, and she was free once more. She took a deep breath, and sighed. "Look, I'm sorry I almost-" Dash froze when she realized just who she was looking at. The white coat. The electric blue mane and tail. The violet sunglasses. The double eighth-note cutie mark. It HAD to be her.

"OMYGOSHOMYGOSHOMYGOSHOMYGOSHOMYGOSH!" Dash squealed, unable to control herself.

"Uh, you alright?" Vinyl asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Y-You're DJ-PON3...THIS IS SO AWESOME!" Dash yelled. "I LOVE your music! When's your next concert!? What about your next album!? This is AMAZING! You're like my FAVORITE DJ in all of Equestria!"

Octavia shook her head and sighed. "Monkey see, monkey do I suppose." Twilight stifled a giggle at this.

Vinyl smirked. "Now this is a pony that has an eye for talent!" She said, trotting over to her and draping a foreleg across her shoulders. "Well, I'm currently not touring, but I can give you a tidbit on my new album. It's called "More Manticores and Parasprites," and should be due out sometime in February." Vinyl said.

"Just for being such a cool pony, I'm gonna send you an advance copy and a backstage pass to my next set, on me." She winked. "By the way, that was a pretty cool move, even if you did crash. Keep it up, and I'll stake my CAREER on the Wonderbolts letting you in." Vinyl said, patting her on the back.

Twilight was worried. Rainbow Dash was shaking so violently from excitement she was convinced she was going to shake off every last feather on her wings. Suddenly, Dash gave a scream of delight and rocketed off back towards her cloud home, leaving a rainbow trail behind her.

"I gotta say, Vinyl...I've never seen anypony get Dash THAT excited. Well, aside from the Wonderbolts." Twilight chuckled.

"Ahem...and just who is going to pay for these damages?" A voice said from behind them. The three of them wheeled around, only to find a very unhappy waiter, standing over the wrecked table and broken plates.

"Just put it on my tab." Vinyl said. Octavia looked at her incredulously.

"WHAT TAB!? Vinyl, you have done this at the last THREE restaurants we have been to! Just SAY you do not have the money to pay for it!" Octavia yelled.

"But I do, I just prefer to pay it all in one go. Again, put it on my tab." Vinyl said nonchalantly.

Octavia looked ready to grab the nearest object and beat Vinyl with it, but was showing titanic amounts of restraint. She walked up to the waiter. "I will be back later with the money." She said, gritting her teeth.

The three left to look for another place to eat, not having eaten due to Rainbow Dash's sudden appearance.

"Hm, I guess we could go eat at Sugarcube Corner. I've actually been craving a danish recently." Twilight said.

"Sounds good to me." Vinyl said. Octavia was still upset at Vinyl, but agreed.

"I will eat, but I have to keep an eye on my sugar intake. I know I am going to do a lot of growing as the foal grows, so I do not want to have to do double the work once it is born to lose the excess fat." She said.

"That's very observant of you, Octavia. I'm glad you're taking steps to make sure the foal is born healthy, as well as staying healthy yourself. If you want, I can lend you a book on maternity care, that way there's no guesswork involved." Twilight offered.

"Gladly, I can use all the help I can get. To be truthful, I am scared...but I am more excited than scared. I was the other way around at first, but now...I am very much looking forward to the day my foal is born." Octavia said softly with a blush. Vinyl smiled, relieved to hear that Octavia was feeling the same way she was.

"Well, I'm sure things will turn out just fine. You know Nurse Redheart lives here, and she's got a small clinic. If you need to go see her at any time while you're here, she's open pretty much all day." Twilight said.

"That is good to know, I will definitely keep that in mind...and you know, I have to say. I have grown to like this little town very much. The sense of community is wonderful, and everypony seems to be very kind to and genuinely caring towards one another here...aside from a certain green unicorn." She said.

"Green unicorn? Do you mean Lyra? What's wrong with Lyra?" Twilight asked.

"Octy and Lyra apparently hate each other. Some sort of rivalry according to Bonbon. I think it's funny, personally. Octy's pretty good at throwing insults, probably because she had her nose turned up at birth."

"Oh, ha ha Vinyl. Very funny. I will have you know Lyra's talent does not even BEGIN to compare to mine. She has never played for the Princess, whereas I have played for her several times as Twilight can attest to." She said, boosting herself up.

"Why don't we talk about that over lunch?" Twilight asked. "I'd like to see if maybe we can get that resolved." She then held the door open to Sugarcube Corner.

"Resolved? I don't see that happening. Ever." Vinyl said as they entered.

"Why not? Maybe it's just a misunderstanding." Twilight suggested.

The three sat down at one of the tables, continuing their conversation, lunch completely forgotten.

PreviousChapters Next