• Published 26th Jul 2014
  • 762 Views, 14 Comments

My little Gryphon: Friendship is Knowledge - Honest Wisdom



Solar Flare has returned! Will the the Elements be able to stop her or is the Unity Empire doomed?

  • ...
3
 14
 762

Chapter Three: In which Discord makes friends

Ponyville had bore witness to many strange things since it's founding, Solar Flare being the most recent. There were arguably a few times when it would've been named the 'most dangerous small town' just by being next to the Everfree. Nothing could prepare them for the sight of a Baby Draconequus being dragged to school by his gryphon caretaker. "I don't wanna!"
Wisdom sunk her talons into the ground and pulled with all her might against the suprisingly strong foal. "This is for your own good."
"Never!" he summoned a giant weight and chained himself to it. Wisdom sighed and let go. The two engaged each other in a short staring contest until Wisdom simply sighed and stretched out a wing. In a single swift movement the chain shattered and Discord was caught in a sphere of air.
"Wind blade, Dissy." She snapped, dragging him behind her.
"Noooooo.... hey look a ruby!" he grabbed the floating gem and started playing with it. "Heehee, sparkly." Wisdom rolled her eyes. It was so easy to distract him it was almost comical.
Screwball bounced over to them. "Hi Wisdom! Hi Discord!"
Wisdom smiled at her new friend. "Oh, hello Screwball. How are you today?" That's how ponies interact right? She thought. Oh no, what if she thinks I'm too formal, or if I'm not formal enough? What if that's not the right way to ask? What if it isn't the right time to ask? What if she thinks I'm too awkward to be her friend! Ahhhh! Her feathers ruffled in response to her worry.
Her mental Panic went unnoticed by the Party Planner, who continued to bounce beside the gryphon. "I was just looking for you guys! I wanted to know what kind of foods you'd like for your housewarming party!"
Wisdom winced. "Uhh, well..."
"And don't worry, there won't be any chocolate this time." Screwy elbowed Wisdom and giggled. Suddenly, Wisdom's chest puffed out and she burped up a stream of blue fire. "Oooo, Pretty."
Wisdom picked up the scroll. "A letter from the princess, I wonder what it's about."
"I wanna read it!" Discord snatched the scroll from her grip. He cleared his throat dramatically. "My most faithful student, Wisdom. It is my pleasure to invite you and your fellow Element bearers to the Winter Solstice celebration in Canterlot on the... blahdy blah blah... great honor... something about friendship... Oh look tickets!" Discord held up six golden tickets.
"Well that could be fun!" Wisdom looked at her bounceing friend, who seemed even more excited at the sight of the tickets. "Would you..?"
"The Winter Solstice!" She wrapped her forelegs around the gryphon and brought her into a bone crushing hug. "I've wanted to go there ever since I was an itty bitty filly! It's supposed to be the best celebration in the entire world!" She dropped Wisdom unceremoniously on ground. "I would walk in, wearing the prettiest dress that they'd ever seen. Then I'd have my time to shine, not that mare with the weird eyes, or the Party planner, I'd be Screwball, the prettiest girl at the ball." She sighed dreamily. "Can you guys keep a secret?"
Wisdom shook off her dizziness. "Uhh... yeah."
Screwball leaned in uncomfortably close to Wisdom's beak. "I have a crush on Pound Cake."
Discord gasped, "Really?" Wisdom rolled her eyes at their childishness and set Discord on her back. The two barely noticed when she started walking, Screwball just bouncing along next to her and Discord to distracted by their conversation. She simply tuned them both out and tried to keep Screwball from running into something. The walk was shorter than she expected and the papers were rather easy to fill out.
"And that's how the empire was made!" Screwball announced loudly.
Wisdom blinked in confusion. "Wha..?"
"Wow!" Discord said in amazement. "That makes waaay more sense then what Wisdom's books say!"
"My books are historically accurate, I don't even want to know what you think makes sense." She set Discord down on the ground. "Now try to be good, unless you want to back to homeschooling."
Discord's eyes narrowed into slits. "You wouldn't."
"I would." she sneered. Discord bolted to his seat and folded his paw and claw over his desk, which transformed into peanut brittle at his touch. The teacher, a white unicorn with a curly purple mane, began to protest but wisdom stopped her. "That's the best you're gonna get. Tell me if he plays any pranks on anyone." She trotted out of the room, Screwball bouncing behind her.
The teacher smiled. "Everyone, say hello to Discord, your newest classmate. Would you like to tell us something about yourself?"
Every student in the classroom turned to Discord to see him gnawing on his desk. He glanced up. "Umm... Hi." His ears flattened on his head and he started to sweat. "I'm from Canterlot and I like pranks." he said lamely.
"Okay, how about we go around the room and introduce ourselves! I'm Sweetie Belle and I enjoy teaching young ponies. Filthy Rich, would you like to go next?"
A light brown Earth pony with a slick black mane sat up a bit straighter. "I'm Filthy Rich and My family owns Diamond in the Rough." he turned to a butter yellow pegasus next to him and sneered. "Would you like to go next?"
The Pegasus shrank under his gaze and eeped. "I'm Fluttershy. and I ...can't fly..."
"Ooooh oooh! Me!" A pink on pinker earth Pony bounced in her seat. "I'm Pinkie Pie and Screwball's my big sister!"
The quiet, pale gray thestral next to Discord spoke. "I'm Ghost Star, and I enjoy peanut brittle." there was a near in audible crunch and Discord notice a massive chunk of hid desk was missing. He laughed and Ghost Star smiled. "I think we'll be good friends."
There were a few more introductions and they started a lesson on something or other. Discord didn't know, he was to busy passing notes with Pinkie and Ghost.

Author's Note:

(damn writer's block) Questions please!
Tell me if I made any Typos,

Comments ( 5 )

Say Discord, perhaps you should speak to Fluttershy (you know, the yellow one that was barely audible.) She seems to be kind of timid.

Discord... And Pinkie Pie...

Well, it was nice knowing you universe. Too bad your doomed.

Really nice story! :pinkiehappy: Hope to see more :pinkiesmile:

Hello there. I have to admit, so far, this looks like it could be a pretty good story. It's a shame it hasn't been updated in over two years (I'm judging this by your last response to the story) because the exchanges, emotional content, humor, action and future story set-up are all pretty good. Anyway, as for questions:

1. Pinkie and Fluttershy are obviously in the story as at least minor characters. But what about filly versions of the rest of the canon Mane Six?

2. An adult Sweetie Belle is obviously in canon Cheerilee's role, but will adult versions of Apple Bloom and Scootaloo appear (if they haven't already; I admit I DID only skim it so far)?

Login or register to comment