• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 8,225 Views, 237 Comments

[PonyType] - Jaytee



When a mutated and virus infected Alex Mercer is thrust into Equestria, his life begins changing...

  • ...
29
 237
 8,225

The Fight

A/N)
This fight scene was one of the most fun things to write. It was definitely longer than expected. Have fun!



Alex, along with the other six ponies immediately ran outside, expecting to see a dragon right outside of the door. No. The dragon was a bit off to the distance towards the east, a tower of purple, red, and black scales were visible from even the distance they were at. Alex knew the coming fight was going to be a pain in the ass, but he was mentally ready. By the speed the dragon was going, he was quickly getting larger, he only had a few minutes before it was directly above him. He decided to take the dragon by surprise, and he extended his wings to full size, surprising those behind him. He turned to them.

"Wait for me to give a signal, then blast him." He wanted no reply, he wanted nothing but for this fight to start already. He took off, flying as fast as he could and as high as he could. Thankfully the night sky was as clear as could be. He rocketed towards the moon with all of his might. He reached the peak of his flight, and looked towards the incoming dragon. He still had a minute or two of time left. This dragon was coming fast, but what Alex planned to do would hopefully cripple, if not kill, the dragon on impact. He planned to activate his armor, tripling his weight, then rocket himself towards the dragon's back with his hammerfists. Alex steeled his mind as the dragon drew close enough for him to start dropping.

His armor took form over his body, and he demorphed his wings. He took aim at where him and the dragon should meet, and brought his hammerfists out. He hurled himself toward the dragon with a blinding downward speed. If all went right, this dragon was his for the killing.

----------------------------------------------------------

Drog'Faas was one of the most feared dragons in his kingdom. He was honored when his king had asked him to test these weak ponies for power. His blood-red eyes looked up to his king.

"Geh, Jun'Kein." Yes, King War. His eyes locked onto his kings.

"Please, Drog. Save the dragon language formalities for the public. We are alone here, among friends, and brethren." A snicker appeared on Drog's face.

"Very well, my king. But three days? Isn't that a little much time for them to prepare?"

"Exactly, my prized killer. I told them three days. You will attack tonight."

Surprise flooded into Drog'Faas' eyes, before morphing into eagerness, before his voice bellowed:

"Tonight, pain and suffering will ensue!"

Drog'Faas could barely wait, he had only a few hours left before darkness would start to overcome. As soon as the sun set, he set out towards Canterlot, to attack the ponies at their direct source of power and leadership.

As soon as he passed over the mountains, and his target came into sight on the other end of the horizon, he let out a bellowing roar that shook the foundations of Equestria itself.

"DIR, KEYS! DIR!" Die horses! Die! And with that, he let out a steam of, not red and orange, but black fire escape his snout and into the air above him. This was going to be fun. He doubled his speed as he set course directly for the royal town. Just as he was passing over a small town, he heard a faint whistling. He looked up to see a black object quickly coming directly for him. He dove quickly to his right as the black object sailed and landed directly on the bone connecting his left wing to his spine. He let out a billowing roar as he began to plummet towards the ground.

----------------------------------------------------------

SNAP! Alex's killer smile grew wide, he had nearly missed his mark, but he landed on something just as important, the wing bone. Alex soon morphed his hammerfists to his claws, and sank them into the dragon's back as he roared and dove toward's the ground. The dragon hit the ground running. He was fearing the dragon rolling over and crushing him, before dismissing the thought, remembering he was invincible. The dragon smacked the ground with a loud CRACK! Alex's face recoiled, and bounced face first into and off of the dragon's back. The dragon's head turned around and looked directly at Alex, before taking a deep breath. Knowing what was coming next, Alex quickly laid flat against the dragon, feeling the heat sear his back, burning his body deeply. After the rain of fire, Alex stood up, and charged the dragon's face. Unfortunately for Alex, the dragon was much smarter than to just sit there. With a swing of it's body, it turned it's head around to the other side and smacked Alex directly out of the air and into the ground, with the force large enough to create a small crater around him.

Alex sat up in a daze, as much as that hurt, he couldn't let this beast get the best of him. He quickly recovered and stood up. Baring his teeth, he yelled and charged the dragon once more, switching to his blade instead of claws. The dragon turned it's head again, and blew fire at him. Alex saw this action coming, and prepared his legs to propel him directly into the dragon's face. As soon as the fire came over him. Alex pushed his legs as hard as he could, sending him soaring towards the source of the fire.

His body broke the end of the fire, and he locked eyes with the dragon before him. He could see the surprise in it's eyes, as he quickly did a mid-air turn and sunk his blade deep into the top of the dragon's snout, gripping one of it's nostrils as a hand hold. The dragon roared and flicked it's head, attempting to get rid of Alex.

In one moment, the dragon quit bucking it's head. Alex took advantage of this, and quickly shifted to his claws, drawing his blade out of it's snout. He charged for the eyes. The dragon saw this coming, and quickly drew it's head backwards quickly. Sending Alex off balance, then into the air. The dragon's neck arched back, placing it's head beneath him. It opened it's mouth and closed it quickly, the dragon's jaw clenched tightly around his stomach.

Alex let out a blood curling scream as the jaw crushed his midsection. He turned his head towards Twilight's house, where he saw six terrified looking ponies. He yelled as loud as he could muster.

"Now! Shoot him now!" Twilight nodded quickly all the ponies closing their eyes, and Twilight pointing her horn at the dragon.

The dragon took no note of what the pathetic being in it's jaws was doing. It pointed it's snout straight up into the night sky, and drew a deep breath. A steady stream of pitch black fire then enveloped Alex, as he screamed with pain. Alex was in agonizing, burning pain. He slowly felt each layer of what he could call "skin" burn away as the dragon continued his onslaught of fire. Where the fucking hell is Twilight's 'all powerful' spell? His question was soon answered as the fire consuming him stopped, and the dragon's jaw opened up. He turned his head to see a rainbow colored beam shooting right through the air, and into the dragon's chest. He took advantage of the situation, and slid himself into the dragon's mouth.

Alex looked down at his midsection to asses the damage. A normal human would have been split in half, but there were just gaping teeth holes in him. He watched as the virus soon melded the holes closed, but the pain remained. Alex dismissed his armor, knowing he would no longer need it in here. He needed to be light for this. He drew his claws, and looked directly above him. The roof of the mouth was a distance away, but he knew he could get to it. He leaped with all of his might, and sank both claws into the roof of the mouth.

The dragon swung his head with all of his might, attempting to get the stinging pain out of his mouth. Quickly realizing this was futile, he turned his attention to the ponies a distance off to his right, the ones who shot him with the beam that burnt a deep scar into his chest. Alex continued his onslaught in the dragon's mouth, tearing the roof to shreds, then aiming for anything else that looked somewhat vital. He was getting nowhere. He needed to get to the brain or spine. Knowing a cut up mouth had only pissed it off, he spotted something glinting on the bottom of the mouth. He quickly remembered how dragon's fire came to be. He aimed for the shining spot in the mouth, and ripped it to shreds. He could tell it was vital, because the dragon then did the same motion of flicking it's head wildly. Alex then knew what he had to do to win this.

He stuck his claws into the base of the mouth, and headed towards the open teeth. He shouted out:

"Twilight! Hit him again! I need to get on top of his head!"

He barely heard her agree, as a flash of light quickly came from outside the mouth. He knew it was his moment. He grabbed one of the teeth, and jumped onto the outside of the dragon's snout. He sank his claws into the side of it's face, as he quickly made it toward's the dragon's head, it's eyes were closed, clearly in pain from the Elements of Harmony.

He switched his armor back on, fearing he might need it. He drew his body long blade out of his right arm, dismissing his claws. He was about to strike into the dragon's head, when he felt it shift under his feet. He was nearly thrown off when he saw a gigantic claw making it's way towards him. He laid flat against the dragon's head, feeling the claw narrowly miss his back. He quickly jumped as high as he could force his legs to, and dove directly toward's the dragon's cranium with his razor-sharp blade. He felt a feeling of satisfactory, soon followed by dread. His blade sank into the dragon's head, but it did not even phasing the large being. He could feel the familiar movement of a claw being drawn at him as he redrew his claws, dismissing his blade. He sank his claws into it's head and laid down, just as the claw passed over. It took a piece of his back with it.

Alex yelled in pain, as he sat up with a blood-driven fury. He relentlessly took chunks of armor out of the dragon's skull with his claws, until he had reached bone a few feet under. He ducked as another claw passed the head he was sitting on, now taking more of his back with him. he knew what he had to do. he took one last swipe as his claw met the familiar feeling of claw-on-bone. His claws had dug though a ton of armor, more than he had anticipated. He quickly redrew his blade, and sank it deep into the dragon's skull, penetrating the bone, and sinking into it's brain.

The dragon roared, as the virus went to work. He had slain the dragon, but something was wrong. His blade was stuck. The dragon's body went limp, as it smacked the ground, causing the ground to shake. Something still was not right.

He yanked and yanked, even attempting to dismiss his blade, but the virus would no longer obey his mind's commands. He soon felt the dragon's memories flood his mind. A millennium's worth of memories, appearing in an instant. He was absorbing something that has been immortal for thousands of years, until it met him. His mind was not prepared. Nor was the virus.

The virus quickly attempted to absorb the dragon, attempting to recreate it's form and read it's memories. The virus soon overexerted it's cells, slowly killing them one by one. A dragon's soul, mind, and body were too much for the virus. Alex could feel this. An unbearable pain like no other soon took control of his whole body. Screaming bloody murder, Alex finally ripped his blade from the dragon's skull, now being absorbed by Alex.

Alex could feel his body and the virus slowly shutting down as it continued to absorb the insanely large dragon. The worse pain was in his chest. Alex quickly brought his hands to his chest as the virus fully absorbed the dragon. A look that was an equivalent to someone who had suffered ten thousand years of anguish took over his face. The grim look would be the last thing anyone would ever see him do again. Alex fell to his back, finally absorbing the last of the dragon, his body hitting the ground with a dull thud. A look of peace soon overtook his face, his body no longer obeying him to sit up. He felt his whole body relax, as a warm feeling began to overtake him. His vision blurred, he was fighting to hold onto what life was left within him. His breathing was labored as he saw Twilight, and all the others soon look over him with a look of horror. His mind and facial expression soon met peace, his face relaxing into a indifferent look, not that of pain, nor of happiness, but of pure neutrality. He saw tears appear in Fluttershy and Twilight's eyes as his breathing became more and more labored. The virus was done. The dragon had been too much for the virus to comprehend. Absorbing an immortal was something it was not made for. His vision blurred, and his eyes began to close. Twilight was saying something, but his hearing was deafened. He managed one last sentence before falling into complete darkness.

"You're welcome.."

With that strained sentence, Alex's head fell back and became best friends forever with the ground. A wave of warmth overcame his senses, and his mind removed of all guilt, pleasure, hate and any other emotion. Alex's brain fell into a bliss as it told all his senses he was dead.

----------------------------------------------------------

(A/N This is not the end. hope you enjoyed it thus far.)