• Published 26th Jul 2014
  • 2,916 Views, 70 Comments

Original(And Cancelled) Silent Protectors - HonestAJ4President



2 Delta Force Operators find themselves in the Everfree Forest. Instead of showing themselves to the ponies, they hide in the shadows stopping crime and being Ponyville's silent protectors.

  • ...
79
 70
 2,916

Day 1

Day 1
From the Perspective of Sergeant First Class David H. Grayson, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta(more commonly known as Delta Force)

I awoke on the ground in a clearing in a forest. I slowly got up and what just happened came flooding back to me. The Blackhawk, the RPG, being thrown out of the open door. I looked around and saw my equipment and another operator. I grabbed my rifle and checked it. Seeing nothing wrong I began searching my pouches. Ammo, compass, binoculars, grenades, radio, journal, pen, a suppressor and my IPod. I looked at my compass and it was going haywire, so I assumed that either we were above a large iron vein or magnetics didn't work here. I checked the other operator to see if he was ok. He was unconscious and I recognized him nearly immediately. He was Sgt Elliot D. Lee, a country boy from New York, expert marksman, nearly immediately designated our team's sniper. I noticed the sound of water and got an idea of how to wake him up. I took off my helmet and went to look for the source. I found a small pond with a waterfall and filled my helmet with water. I walked back to the clearing and poked him a few times before resorting to Plan B. I poured the water in my helmet on his head and he nearly immediately woke up. "Rise and shine, sleeping beauty."

He coughed a bit and said "Dude, what the fuck was that for?"

"I really didn't want to, you looked so cute when you were sleeping. However, this look like where we were before?" He realized that what I said was true and that we weren't in the Russian countryside. "We aren't in Kansas anymore Todo. You up for some recon?" He nodded and was about to say something but was cut off by a feminine voice. I whisper-shouted "Grab your gear and hide in those bushes." I scrambled towards the bushes I pointed out and hid. The private grabbed his DMR and carbine before scrambling towards the bushes.

The voices grew louder until they reached the clearing. "Stay down, don't engage unless attacked." I said looking at Lee. He nodded and he looked out towards the clearing.

The owner of the voices turned out to be 6, small, multicolored ponies with wings and horns. "-stia said that there was a large magical disturbance in this area, Rainbow. We should look for something out of the ordinary. Well as normal as you can get in the Everfree Forest."

"Well what should we be looking for egghead." said a pony with a rainbow mane, who I assumed was the Rainbow the purple unicorn was referring to.

"Celestia said that it was a large enough disturbance to bring through creatures. We should look for hoof-prints, stuff like that." The purple unicorn and I noticed that the all pink pony was waving in our direction. I motioned for us to move back and the unicorn asked what she was waving at.

"I'm waving at the big green guys in those bushes over there, DUH."

"Um Pinkie, what are you talking about?" asked the pony I had designated 'Rainbow'

"Oh, hold on. They're backing up." I motioned for us to go faster.

Attention was thankfully drawn for us when a white unicorn said "Darlings, look over here would you. It looks like somepony poured water here recently." I now designated her 'Regal'.

"Yeah, sugarcube. And it looks like somepony was pouring it on somepony, look at the outline." I designated her 'Country'. I motioned for us to stop.

"Well it looks like whatever was here left, so why don't we leave. I don't know why but I feel like somepony is watching us." said a yellow pegasus, who I still hadn't come up with a designation yet.

"I guess you're right Fluttershy. Besides, it's almost night. Let's go girls." said the pony I designated 'Purple'

After they left, Elliot asked "What are we gonna do boss?"

"Tomorrow we'll observe where ever they came from. Today we set up a base camp, I found a pond with a waterfall. If we set up nearby we'll never be at a loss of fresh water. We'll need camouflage to hide us from predators or any ponies that try and find us. We can make ghillie suits for extra camo."

"Alright boss, lead the way."

"Hey Elliot, call me Dave." I lead him to the pond and found a small cave behind the waterfall. "We've had worse sleeping areas. For extra safety we should get some wood for supports." I opened my journal and began writing.


Day 1

Location; Unknown

SFC David H. Grayson

Sgt Elliot and I have awoken in a forest. We don't know where, but we assume that it is not on Earth because there are talking ponies, unicorns and pegasi. Set up small base camp in a cave behind a waterfall. Tomorrow will do recon on the ponies.

I turned the page and wrote.

Designation of Locals

Purple; Unicorn, Lavender, Black Mane with Purple Streak Notes; Seems to be leader of the group that investigated the clearing.

Rainbow; Pegasus, Cyan, Rainbow Mane

Pinkie; None, Pink, Pink Mane Notes; Nearly blew our cover, USE EXTREME CAUTION AROUND

Regal; Unicorn, White, Purple Mane

Country; None, Orange, Blonde

Shy; Pegasus, Yellow, Pink Mane


I closed the journal and put it away. I looked out towards the entrance of the cave and saw Elliot trying to fashion beds out of leaves. I exited the cave and began looking for firewood. I picked up a few dry sticks and began walking back to the cave but was stopped by something growling. I put the sticks in my left hand and drew my pistol. I looked around and began slowly backing towards the cave. Deciding that this was a good time to test if radios work, I began radioing Elliot. "Elliot, I'm backing towards the cave. Somethings growling at me and I cannot identify, possible wolf. Get your sniper and cover me."

After several agonizing seconds I got a response. "Solid copy. Don't run, if it's wolves they'll chase you." I kept backing up, slowly sweeping the pistol back and forth. "And stop. If you take another step you're gonna fall in. Hold on I got something. Yeah, tango on your left. You ain't gonna believe it."

I looked left and said "We just watched technicolor ponies with horns and wings come look for us. How much weirder could this day get?" I immediately ate my words when I saw it. There was a wolf but it was made of wood.

"Permission to engage?"

"Granted." Nearly immediately the wolf's head exploded. I saw another and fired at it. I heard a howl and more wolves came into view. "Falling back to the base." I turned and ran towards the cave. Thankfully, when I turned back I discovered the wolves had cut their losses. "We need to make a door, at the very least it'll give us time before wooden wolves slaughter us in our sleep."

Elliot chuckled a bit and said "At least we got extra firewood."


Twilight couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Falling back to base." She was randomly tuning her radio when she came across a frequency that featured 2 stallions talking. However, it wasn't 2 friends talking. Instead they were saying things like 'Permission to engage.' She needed to contact the mayor and princess.

"Spike, start a letter." Spike got a piece of parchment and quill and prepared to write.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Earlier today, you sent me and my friends to the Everfree Forest to investigate a magical disturbance. We found nothing but recently poured water in the dirt. Pinkie said something about 'Two Big Green Guys' in nearby bushes. I thought nothing of it at first, just Pinkie being Pinkie. But now, I'm not sure. A few minutes ago I was randomly changing frequencies on my radio when I came across a normally static frequency that now had voices. I didn't catch their whole conversation but this is what I caught.

Stallion 1; -e just watched technicolor ponies with horns and wings come look for us. How much weirder could this day get?

Stallion 2; Permission to engage?

Stallion 1; Granted. Falling back to base.

What they said makes them sound like they're military. Tomorrow I will talk to the Mayor about this. Respond whenever you can.

Sincerely,

Princess Twilight Sparkle

Spike sent the letter and Twilight rested back in her chair. It was going to be a long day tomorrow.