• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 1,088 Views, 24 Comments

Aliens: Pony Marines - Renegade Thunder



Twilight and her friends are no longer part of the elements of harmony, and have separated paths with each other. They are now part of the C.M.E (Celestial Marines of Equestria) and have intercepted a signal from the planet LV426.

  • ...
2
 24
 1,088

Chapter 6: The Shit Just Hit the Fan

There was view of the processing station from the colonies’ landing filed. Great streaks of blue lightning shot out from the station, while lightning was striking out from the dark grey clouds above.

Bishop stood in the wind at the base of the telemetry tower, his back was facing into the wind. He had a test-bay panel opened and the portable terminal was patched in. One of the commands he typed into the portable terminal caused the dish on the array to swivel and stop. He watched it move to the location of the ship in space, as he continued typing. He punched a few more keys and then hits a white button marked ‘ENABLE.”

Far overhead, the C.M.E.ZECORA drifted patiently and silently in the emptiness of space. No busy figures moved through its empty corridors. No machines hummed efficiently as they worked the huge loading bay. Instruments winked on and off silently, maintaining the ship in its geo-stationary orbit above the colony.

A sudden Klaxon sounded, as rotating warning lights came to life within the vast cargo hold. Hydraulics whined, immensely powerful lifters rumbled along their tracks as the second drop-ship was trundled out on its overhead rack. Wheels locked into place, and pulleys and leavers took over. The shuttle was lowered into gaping drop bay.

As soon as it was locked in drop position, service booms and automatic decouple extended from the walls and the flooring to plug into the waiting vessel. Predrop fuelling and final checkpoint commenced. “Attention, attention. Final fuelling operations have begun. Please extinguish all smoking materials.”

Mean while back into the surgery room, inside the Med-Lab, Twilight awoken with a start and just missed banging her head against the underside of the cot, as she had a bad dream. She checks her watch and noticed an hour had passed. Afterwards she saw something in the distance across the room, just inside the door to the Med-Lab.

Twilight looked carefully as she saw that there were two stasis cylinders on the ground. The stasis cylinders were on their sides with the tops were hinged open along with both of them empted. She then realized the inescapable certainly of a lethal presence.
“Applebloom, wake up,” said Twilight, quietly shacking Applebloom to wake up.

“Wha...?” muttered Applebloom, as she woke up from her nap, but got interrupted before she could say anything else.

“Be quiet, we’re in trouble,” said Twilight in a quiet tone.

Applebloom nodes and was now fully wide awake. They listen in the darkness for the slightest betrayal of movement, but nothing was heard. Twilight reaches up while clutching the springs of the underside of the bed, she began to inch it away from the wall.

When the space was wide enough, she cautiously slides herself up between the wall and the edge of the bed, reaching for the rifle she left lying on top of the mattress. Her eyes were clear from the edge of the bed, and noticed the rifle was gone.

She snaps her head around looking for the rifle, but within a sudden second a scuttling shape leaped towards her. Twilight quickly ducked back under the bed. The obscene thing hitted the wall above her, as she quickly reflex, by slamming the bed against the wall, pinning the creature inches above her face. Its legs and tail writhe with incredible ferocity.

Applebloom screamed. “Move, Applebloom!” shouted Twilight, as she kept the creature pinned to the wall.

She then slides out from under the bed. Twilight in a frenzied scramble rolled from underneath the bed and flips it over, trapping the creature underneath.

They backed away, gasping as the creature scuttled out from beneath the bed and disappears under a bank of cabinets within a blur. Twilight and Applebloom headed towards the door, moving as if every object in the room had a million volts running through it.

They both backed away towards the doorway. As soon as their backs struck the door, Twilight reached for the wall switch, but nothing happed. The barrier at her back should have trolled aside. She hits the switch again, and then started pounding on it, regardless of the noise she was making. They then tried pushing the door open manually, but it was jammed tight. Afterwards they moved to the observation window, keeping their back glued to the window.

Twilight and Applebloom eventfully turned and started to pound on the window. From the outside the window there was no sound that could be heard through the double thickness of the window. Twilight then looks down on a table outside the room and saws her rifle laying on it.

“Help!” shouted Applebloom, as she continued to bang on the glass.

Twilight looks around and spies the surveillance camera, she suddenly moves over to it view and waved her arms in a circle while yelling, “Applejack!”

“Somepony, help!” continued Applebloom.

On the video monitor, it was showing Twilight waving her arms, as there was no sound coming out from the speakers.

Applejack was out the table in the centre of the room while talking into her mike, “Uh, say again, Bishop. You’ve got it into the outer refuel mode and the sequencing, right?”

Filthy Rich watched the lavender unicorn wave her arms endlessly at the camera. He suddenly turns the monitor off and straightens casually from the console, while Applejack was talking into her headset.

Bishop voice came over the mike with some static, “That’s right!”

“Okay, good. Stay on it,” replied Applejack.

“That’s where I am now!” said Bishop.

“Get back to me when you’ve activated the launch cycle,” said Applejack.

“Roger!” replied Bishop.

Applejack then turns to face Rarity and Filthy Rich, “he’s at the up-link tower.”

“Good,” nodded Rarity.

Back into the Surgery room, Twilight kept shouting at the camera while waving her arms, “Applejack...Applejack...Applejack!”

“Help, help!” shouted Applebloom.

“Applejack, help us!” shouted Twilight, as she stopped waving her arms.

“Break the glass, break it!” shouted Applebloom, to Twilight.

“I’ll try.” Twilight picked up a steel chair and slammed it against the observations window. It bounced back from the high-impact material.

She tried again to no success, smashing the chair into the window, even tried some of her spells, but soon realised the window was spell proof. She suddenly dropped the chair and places her back against the window, studying the room, while hearing for the facehunggers scurrying around on the floor.

“Twilight...I’m scared,” said Applebloom.

“Me too,” replied Twilight, giving comfort to the little filly.

She steadies herself, realizing Applebloom’s horror and the filly’s dependence on her, suddenly Twilight got an idea as she looked up at the sprinkles on the ceiling.

“Stay here,” said Twilight, as she moved cautiously across the room, she then stops under a temperature-sensor of a fire-control system. She closed her eyes, as her horn started to glow an orange/red aura.

At the tip of her horn, a tiny ball of fire appeared and triggered the sprinkling system, spraying the room from several sources with water. An alarm was soon activated throughout the complex, Applebloom ran to her, hugging her tight.

In the operations room, Applejack jumped at the sound of the alarm, finally identifying its source among the lights flashing on the board, “It’s the Med-Lab!”

She bolted for the door, while yelling into her headset as she moved to the Med-Lab, “Pinkie, Rainbow, meet me in Med-Lab! We’ve got a fire!”

“We’re on our way,” replied Pinkie Pie in her mike.

Applejack grabbed a fire extinguisher as she quickly ran to the source of the problem. Rarity followed her, trying to catch up.
Back in the surgery room, Twilight and Applebloom were drenched as the sprinklers continued to drizzle in the darkness, “they’re coming, Applebloom.”

Twilight looked around inside the room; she had Applebloom deep in her arms, hugging her tight. She looked at some cables, and equipment, she even looked back at the bed to where she turned upside down.

Suddenly her eyes snapped back to a cabinet as something leaped at her face. She screamed and fell back, splashing to the floor, while pushing Applebloom away. Twilight hurled the creature away from her.

It slammed against the wall, and fell to the floor. It surprisingly got back and up and skittered across the floor straight towards her again. Twilight scrambled desperately, pulling any equipment over as she moved, clawing across the floor in a frenzy of motion.

The creature then leaped at her face for a second try. But Twilight stopped it with her hooves and her magic, forcing the pulsing body back from her face.

Applebloom screamed abjectly, backing away, until she was pressed up against a desk next to a wall. The creature’s long tail whips out from her magical field and wrapped around her neck, forcing the underside of its body close to her.

Twilight trashed about, knocking over equipment, sending instruments clattering. Applebloom continued to scream, while watching Twilight keep the creature away from her face.

Suddenly crab-like legs appeared from behind the desk, which was right behind her. She turned and saw the creature appear, but thought fast, as she jammed the desk against the wall, pinning the writhing thing’s tail.

The desk jumped and shuddered against all the pressure her tiny body could bring to bear on it. She wail between gritted teeth as the second creature’s segmented tail slowly pulled free an inch at a time as it worked towards her.

The team of solders’ appeared outside from the room, with Applejack leading, she immediately saw what was going on inside, “Shoot it out!” shouted Applejack ducking away from the window.

Pinkie shot a burst of pulse-fire into the observation window, shattering the tempered glass. Applejack then dived into the crazed spider-web pattern and explodes into the room with a trail of flying glass.

She hits and rolled on the ground, then quickly aided Twilight. Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash leaped into the room after her. They both rushed to help Applejack pull the creature off from Twilight.

“Pinkie!” shouted Applebloom, getting her attention.

“Holy shit, kid, look out!” shouted Pinkie, as she flings Applebloom away from the desk. She blasted the second creature against the wall and floor in point-blank range, while acid and smoke scattered around the area, “Fucking die!”

Applejack and Rarity had got their hooves around the thrashing of the vicious beast and was pulling it away from Twilight’s face, thought Twilight was losing her strength as the tail tightened.

Rainbow Dash appeared at Twilight’s side and grabbed the tail, helping unwind its writhing length like a boa constrictor coil from her throat. Applejack got the rest of it free. All of them had got the struggling shrieking creature.

“Over there! Ready?” shouted Applejack to Rainbow Dash, as she was ready to throw the creature.

“Yeah!” replied Rainbow Dash, who was ready to blast the creature to nothingness.

“Now!” suddenly Applejack and Rarity hurl the thing into a corner. It hitted the wall and Rainbow Dash got a clear shot with her rifle as she shot the creature until there was nothing left.

Twilight collapsed in Applejacks’ embrace, while breathing heavy for air. The alarm and the sprinkles turned off automatically, “Pinkie?” asked Applejack.

“Yeah, all clear, I nailed the other one, its history.” replied Pinkie.

“Filthy...” It came out as long wheeze. “It was Filthy,” gasped Twilight, while she was coughing for air.

*** *** ***

Everypony was in operations, all looking at Filthy Rich. Pinkie Pie came up and shoved her rifle into his face, “I say we grease this rat-fuck, son-of-a-bitch right now.”

Applejack was pacing up and down in front of him while scratching the back of her neck, “it just doesn’t make any damn sense.”

“He figured that he could get an alien back through quarantine...if one of us was...impregnated...whatever you call it...then frozen for the trip home. Nopony would know about the embryos we were carrying, me and Applebloom,” said Twilight as she had and blanket around her as she had her arms crossed.

“Wait a minute, now, we’d all know,” said Applejack.

“Yes. The only way he could do it is if he sabotaged certain freezers on the way home, namely yours. Then he could jettison the bodies and make up any story he liked.” replied Twilight,

“Fuck! He’s dead,” Pinkie switch her attention from Twilight and turned to point her gun back at Filthy Rich, “You’re dog meat, pal.”

“This is so nuts, I mean listen...listen to what you’re saying. It’s paranoid, it’s really sad, it’s pathetic,” said Filthy acting all innocent.

“You know, Filthy, I don’t know which species is worse. You don’t see THEM fucking each other over for a damn percentage,” said Twilight.

Suddenly something clicked inside Applejack, as she looked at her sister, and thought that her own sister almost had one of those ‘THINGS’ inside her, “Alright, lets waste him,” she then grabs him by the shoulders. “No offense.”

Twilight shock her head, the rage giving way to a sickened emptiness. “No he’s gotta go back...”

Suddenly the light got cut out and everypony stopped in a sudden second, as they were standing in darkness. Realizing instinctively it was a new escalation in the struggle. The emergency lights turned on, basking everything in a red glow.

“They cut the power,” said Twilight standing motionless in near blackness.

“What do you mean, THEY cut the power? How could they cut the power?” said Pinkie nervously.

Applejack looked at Pinkie and Rainbow Dash, “I want you two with trackers, checking the corridors, MOVE!”

“Rarity, watch Filthy!” said Twilight to Rarity.

“You got it,” replied Rarity, as she levitated her pistol in front of her and grabbed Filthy.

“Applebloom, stay close,” said Applejack.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie picked up their trackers and moved to the door. Pinkie had to slide it open manually on its tracks. “I’ll go to this side,” said Pinkie to Rainbow Dash pointing to the left.

“You do that,” she nodded.

The two troopers separated and moved to the barriers at opposite ends of the control block, each moved slowly, while holding the trackers out in front of them. On the trackers there was nothing...yet.

Twilight picked up a headset and puts it on her head; she then connected herself with the Rainbow Dash and Pinkie, “anything?”

“Nothing here.” said Rainbow Dash as was a shadow away, against the wall. Twilight didn’t have to put the same question to Pinkie.

Pinkies’ voice came over the mike filtered, “there’s something. I’ve got something.” On her tracker there was a faint signal. She panned the tracker around back down the corridor and it beeped again, but loader this time. “It’s moving. It’s inside the complex,” said Pinkie hesitating.

“I don’t see anything,” said Rainbow Dash, as her tracker remained silent. “You’re just reading me,” replied Rainbow Dash annoyed, as she rolled her eyes.

Pinkie quickly swivels around, aiming her tracker toward Rainbow Dash’s position, “No. No! It ain’t you, they’re inside. Inside the perimeter, they’re in here,” said Pinkie, justifying her evidence.

“Pinkie, stay cool! Rainbow Dash?” asked Twilight over the mike.

She swung her tracker and her rifle together, and aimed them behind her. Her tracker beeped up multiple targets. “Pinkie Pie may be right,” said Rainbow Dash in a cool and calm tone.

“Get back both of you,” commanded Applejack.

“The signals weird...” said Pinkie over the mike.

Applejack and Twilight started checking their pulse-rifles, taking off the safeties and checking the magazines.

Pinkie backtracked nervously, peering all around. She looked stretched to the limit, “must be some interference or something, there’s movement all over the place.”

“Get back to operations!” shouted Applejack.

Twilight and Applejack shared a look and thought the same thing...“here we go.”

“Its game time,” said Applejack in a low tone.

Pinkie and Rainbow Dash appeared from the closing the door as they entered, “Seal the door, hurry!” commanded Twilight.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash pulled out their hoof-welders’ and began sealing the door. “Work fast,” said Applejack to Rainbow Dash.
“Cover your eyes, Applebloom. Don’t look at the light,” said Twilight as she placed her hoof over Applebloom’s eyes, while she used of magic to balance the rifle.

Pinkie looked at her tracker. The beeps continued to beep louder and louder, its rhythm increased, and Pinkie continued getting nervous at every beep.

Movement! Signal’s clean,” she then looked at the range of the targets. “Range twenty meters.”

Twilight removed her hoof from Applebloom’s eyes and pulled up Rainbow Dash’s tracker. “They found a way in, something we missed.”
Sparks showed around Rainbow Dash and Applejack as they moved fast as they could to get the door sealed. “We didn’t miss anything,” said Applejack, as her concentration was on the door.

“Eighteen...seventeen meters,” counted Pinkie, staring at her tracker.

Twilight continued looking at Rainbows tracker, as she couldn’t understand anything, “Something under the floor, not on the plans. I don’t know.”

“Fifteen meters,” continued Pinkie, as she sounded more nervous.

“Twilight!” said Applebloom, as she was getting nervous, just like Pinkie.

“Definitely inside the barricades,” said Twilight looking at the distance of the target on the tracker.

Applebloom began to tug at Twilights’ leather jacket, as she was trying her best to get Twilights attention, “Let’s go.”

“Thirteen meters,” said Pinkie, as she was breathing heavily while looking at the tracker in her hooves. On her trackers’ screen, it showed an amoeba-like mass of dots moving across the top.

“That’s right outside the door,” Twilight then looked up at both of her friend at the door. “Applejack...Rainbow Dash, get back!”

“Man, this is a big fucking signal!” Said Pinkie, as she looked at how many target that was on her tracker.

“How you doing, Rainbow Dash, Talk to me?” asked Applejack, as she was welding the top part of the door.

Rainbow Dash was heedlessly showing herself with molten metal as she welded the door shut. She was working like a demon, “Almost there.” said Rainbow Dash, getting close to finishing the door, “that’s it.” They both drooped their torches and began to move back with everypony else.

“Twelve meters...eleven...ten,” said Pinkie, informing everyone.

“Man, they’re right on us,” said Rainbow Dash as she raised her rifle getting ready.

“Nine meters,” continued Pinkie.

“Remember, short controlled bursts,” commanded Applejack.

“Eight meters...seven...six,” said Pinkie, counting down like an old egg timer.

“Can’t be, that’s right inside the room,” said Twilight, as she thought her had read it wrong.

“It’s readin’ it right, man. Look!” shouted Pinkie, as she pointed at her trackers’ screen to Twilight.

Applejack suddenly got annoyed, “Well you’re not reading ‘IT’ right!”

Twilight jerked her tracker up, not believing Pinkie. Her eyes suddenly widen in horror as she realized the reading was true
“Five meters...four, what the heck?!” said Pinkie as she looked at Twilight.

She then looked up and levitated the tracker at the ceiling. The beeps on the tracker suddenly got faster and louder.

“Oh shit!” said Pinkie nervously.

“Gimme that light!” said Applejack, as she grabbed a file cabinet from the corner and places it under the ceiling. She then climbed onto the file cabinet and raised one of the panels of the acoustic drop-ceiling, she paned her light around the inside.

As she looked to the right, her eyes widen in a soul wrenching nightmarish moment, as she saw the aliens crawling upside down like bats, clinging to the pipes and beams of the structural ceiling.

“OH SHIT!” shouted Applejack, as she yelled falling back into the room, while firing a couple of bursts of her rifle at the ceiling.

The ceiling exploded, raining with debris as nightmare shapes dropped into the room, “there they are. Over there! Get ‘em!” shouted Pinkie.

“Do something, Rarity!” shouted Filthy Rich, as he was backing away from her. Rarity turned and fired at the aliens while he bolted for
the only remaining exit. The corridor was connected to the Med-Lab.

In the room the pulse-rifles fire was flashing, as the aliens were getting closer, moving through the shock.

“Look out! There are more of them!” shouted Pinkie, as she saw more aliens fall down from the ceiling.

Medical! Get to medical, do it! Go!” shouted Twilight to the other as they slowly moved towards the exit.

Twilight grabbed Applebloom and ran for the corridor to the Med-Lab.

“Pinkie, watch out!” shouted Applejack, as she shot the alien that was creeping toward her.

As Twilight moved towards the corridor to the Med-Lab, a warrior alien came around the corner which was a few feet away from Applebloom. It moved like a locomotive, making Twilight and Applebloom jump. She raised her rifle and squeezed the trigger, but nothing happened.

She looked at the side of gun, and noticed that the safety was on. She quickly switched the safety off and snapped the bolt back, manually sliding the bullet into the chamber. Twilight then aimed the rifle at the alien before it could get any closer. She squeezed the trigger, firing the rifle at the alien. The gun forced Twilight back, slamming against the wall, as the stock whipped back to her shoulder. The silhouette creature hurled back, screeching insanely in pain.

“NOW!” shouted Twilight, as she turned grabbing Applebloom and sprinting down the corridor. As they both ran down the corridor, Twilight saw Filthy Rich by the door to the Med-Lab annex. He slid the door shut and locked it tight.

She slams on the over side of the door and noticed that he locked it on the other side, “Filthy, open this door! Filthy! Open it!” Shouted Twilight, as Filthy slowly backed away from the door. The sound of the battle still penetrated through the thick metal. His eyes were widening, and there was terror in every part of his body.

In the operations room Applejack opened fire on every dark shape that moved, which seemed everywhere. “Ahh, Come on! Let’s go, fall back!” commanded Applejack.

“Die, mother-fucker! Die!” shouted Pinkie as she shot everything moving toward her, she looked to the left and then to right spraying her gun.

Twilight and Rarity was desperately trying to get the door open; they were trying everything by using the magic or even their strength to pry the door open, “Filthy!”

“Pinkie, pinkie!” shouted Applejack, trying to get her cousins attention.

“Mother fucker, come on! Come and get it, baby! I ain’t got all day! Come on, you bastards!” shouted Pinkie as she continued shooting any aliens she could see.

She suddenly looked to the left and saw more aliens creeping towards her. “Oh! You too, you want some of this! Fuck you!” she shouted blasting the aliens apart.

Pinkie was so busy yelling and shooting at the approaching creatures that she didn’t noticed the flooring panels was smashed underneath her. The aliens’ claws seize her with lightning speed, dragging her into the floor. She yelled while firing into the floor as she was being pulled down.

“Aaarghhh, fuck you,” she shouted, shooting at the alien which was dragging her down. “Applejack,” Pinkie reached out her hoof for Applejack’s.

“Pinkie!” shouted Applejack, trying to help her cousin, by pulling her out, but the creature was too strong. Pinkie quickly disappeared into the hole, yelling.

“PINKIE!” shouted Applejack, as if time had stop, and everything suddenly turned to dark, “First Fluttershy now you,” she thought.
She suddenly rolled over just in time while blasting a diving creature before it toke her down the hole too. Another appeared as she got up from the floor, she shot it fully into the chest with the pulse-rifle.

Rainbow Dash grabbed Applejack and pushed her into the corridor with the other, “Come on, AJ, go!”

Applejack appeared through the wall of smoke and ran toward to Twilight and the others at the door. Twilight looked at her and pointed at the door, “It’s locked!”

She suddenly unsnapped the torch from her belt and started cutting through the doors lock. Rainbow Dash was standing just outside the entrance of the corridor, destroying the incoming aliens by the dozens.

She suddenly stopped firing and pumped back the grenade launcher, letting one fly. It detonated behind some machinery, blowing up a group of hiding aliens. “That was for Fluttershy! And this is for Pinkie Pie!” shouted Rainbow Dash, as she fired another with the same affect of destruction, she then turned and ran down the corridor to the others.

Applejacks’ torch burned through the lock, melting the metal into a white-hot liquid. Twilight watched nervously down the corridor as she finished on the lock.

“Got it, let’s go! Let’s go” commanded Applejack, as she opened the door.

“Go! Go!” shouted Rarity letting her generous side take over, as she was letting everypony go through the door before her.

“Move, Rarity!” shouted Rainbow Dash, as she pushed Rarity into the room.

The group crowed the annex, Applejack slides the door shut and then looks at Rainbow Dash, “Seal it!” She nodded and then pulled out her torch and began welding the door close.

In the annex Twilight quickly went up to a door that leaded to the Med-Lab. She tired opening it, but it wouldn’t budge. She then banged on the door, as she knows who locked it, “Filthy!”

In the Med-Lab Filthy, was hyper-ventilating with terror, he backs into a dark chamber. Gasping and almost paralyzed with fear, he crosses to the main concourse, as he backed into a room, he stumbled over some canisters on the way.

“Damn you! Open this door!” shouted Twilights voice, coming through the door.

His hoof reached for the control panel, pressing a button, opening a door that moved by its self. The door opened slowly and Filthy went into the door, but stopped in shock as his eyes widen, which was transfixed by his fate.

One of the creatures was standing in the doorway; its slimy jaws opened and slowly leaned into Filthy, extending to a scream.

Back into the annex, Rainbow Dash was still welding as fast as she could, as the door was getting battered by the creature from the other side.

“Get back!” shouted Applejack, to the others.

“Hurry up!” grunted Rainbow Dash, as she knew that the welding would not hold. Another impact from the door, as the creatures was beginning to dimple the door inwards.

“Rarity, get out of the way!” said Applejack, to Rarity as she standing in shock.

“Twilight, Applejack! This way!” shouted Applebloom, getting both of their attentions.

“What?” Twilight asks.

Applebloom suddenly grabs Twilights hoof and pulled her over to an air vent set low in the wall, she expertly unlatching the grill, and dropped it to the floor. She was then about to crawl inside, but was stopped by Twilight.

“Wait! Get behind me.” said Twilight, pulling Applebloom behind, as she got in the vent first.

Rainbow Dash was still welding the door shut, “Whatever you’re going to do...do it fast!”

Twilight kneels and levitates her flash light down the air duct. The flash lights shine lit up the red emergency lighting, showing nothing in the way. “Applejack!” shouted Twilight, as was about to enter the air vent.

“Let’s go!” said Applejack to the others.

Twilight entered the air shaft, which was a tight fit; Applebloom was scrambling in from behind, followed by Applejack and Rarity. Rainbow Dash finished up, in time as the door was hit by a full force from the alien mob. The dimple on the door suddenly grows larger as the impact increased.

Twilight and Applebloom came to a three way junction in the air ducts, she looked in every direction, but she didn’t know which way to go, “which way is it to the landing field from here?”

“This way,” said Applebloom, as points to the right tunnel and moved down.

In the annex the increased impacted on the door had now made the dimple reach its maximum pressure, as there was gapping crack in the centre of the door. Rainbow Dash fired into the door, there was a sudden high-pitched death scream of several of the creatures as she shot them.

Back in the air shaft, Twilight turned into a larger main duct, where there was enough room to crab-walk in a low crouch. She runs as Applebloom followed, the troopers’ armor clattered in the confined space.

They then came to another intersection, “Go right.”

Twilights’ lights illuminate the slightly dark tunnel ahead of them as they came to yet another three way junction.

“This way” This way,” said Applebloom, stopping Twilight taking the wrong way.

They headed off to the right, into a long connected duct, as they run through the duct Twilights light casted a white glow upon her terrified face.

Rainbow dash was quickly trying to catch up with the group. She fired behind her as she ran in a crab-walk. Dark shapes moved in the tunnel behind her.

Twilight and the others were moving at their top speed through the shafts. “Which way?” asked Twilight.

“Straight ahead and left,” replied Applebloom.

“Bishop, do you read me?! Come in, over!” said Applejack into her mike.

“The ship is on its way...” said over the mike with some static.

Bishop was standing next to the base of the telemetry mast. The wind was blowing all around him viciously, “...E.T.A. – sixteen minutes!”

“Good! Stand-by there! We’re on our way!” replied Applejack into her mike.

Rainbow Dash finally caught up with the others, she was moving right behind Rarity. Looking back, she sees more of the creatures, coming up fast through the tunnel; she fires on them, killing them by shooting them in the head.

Twilight and Applebloom came to another intersection, She shines her light down each one, “Which way?” asked Twilight to Applebloom.

“That way, said Applebloom, indicating to the left. “No, wait!” this way she said, correcting her mistake, as she moved to the right.
Applejack and Rarity waited at the intersection for Rainbow Dash. She was moving up the tunnel while blasting any incoming creatures at the same time.

“Rainbow Dash move!” shouted Rarity.

Twilight and Applebloom went round a corner. Twilight stopped and looked back for the group, Applebloom continued forward, “Right up here, it’s just up here.” said Applebloom.

“Applejack!” shouted Twilight down the other end of the duct.

“We’re almost there!” said Applebloom, not stopping.

As Twilight stares down the tunnel, she didn’t see her friend and started to panic. She then looked to the other way and saw Applebloom getting too far ahead, “Applebloom! Wait!” shouted Twilight, as she quickly ran to catch up with the filly.

Rainbow Dash came to the intersection where Applejack and Rarity were, but they had moved on ahead. She blasts a few more creatures, but her pulse-rifle suddenly ran out of ammo.

She dropped the weapon and pulled out her service pistol and ran after the group. As she passed through under an overhead air duct, she looked up and saw an alien warrior screeching down the vertical shaft.

She fires her gun as it fell next to her, while rolling and writhing around. Rainbow Dash was wrestling the thing and managed to place her hind hoof to its head, and slammed it against the wall.

“Oh yeah!” grunted Rainbow Dash, as she fired her pistol at the alien’s head. Its acid-blood spilled out and hitted her ankle, searing into her hind leg. She gritted her teeth against the white-hot pain.

Rainbow Dash then pushed the creature away and moved clear of it while firing the remaining bullet in her gun. The alien rolled and bounced around the shaft in its death throes.

Applejack and Rarity stopped at the corner where Twilight and Applebloom was at earlier, they looked back for Rainbow Dash.
“Rainbow Dash!” shouted Applejack, hoping for a reply, but nothing.

Rainbow Dash was sprawling out on the shaft’s floor while lying on her stomach. She moaned out in pain while managing to eject the magazine from her pistol. “Ohhh, Nnnooooo!” she moaned as her gun was out of ammo.

“GO!” shouted Rarity, as she hits Applejacks on the shoulder armor. She then ran back for Rainbow Dash. Coming around the corner, she sees Rainbow Dash on the floor and grabs her underneath the arms then started dragging her towards to safety.

Until one of the creatures broke though an air duct grating in the tunnel floor in front and behind them. Rarity pulled out her pistol and fired it at the alien’s head, but the bullets seemed too bounced off its armoured skull.

Twilight, Applebloom and Applejack reached a large metal housing, “Applebloom!” shouted Applejack, as she saw her sister crawl inside.

“Up there, there’s a short-cut across the roof,” said Applebloom.

The shaft junction was of several shafts, including a vertical duct with a ladder rungs leading up to an exterior vent hood. The ‘floor’ was actually the top of a large blower drum, a veined cylinder. The room was tall enough for all three of them to stand up fully.

Twilight crossed to the ladder, she seized a rung to steady herself, as she reached back for Applebloom. “Applejack,” called at Twilight as she was ready to lift Applebloom to the ladder.

Applejack nodded as she lifted Applebloom up and gave her over to Twilight. Applebloom then grabbed onto the ladder and held on firmly.

Back at Rarity and Rainbow Dash, She unloaded her pistol into the alien, finally killing it, but it was too late.

Rarity looked to the left and saw aliens crawling along the shaft like a multi-armed freak. She then looked to the right and saw another alien crawling over the one she just recently shot.

“You were always a bitch, Rarity,” grunted Rainbow Dash, saying her last words to her.

She suddenly pulled out an M-41A grenade with her magic, Rainbow Dash was barely conscious. She looks around the tunnel one more time, seeing the aliens closing in. Rarity then popped off the safety and presses the detonator stub.

Rainbow Dash hears it and looks over; she then seizes her hoof in a deathly grip, a death grip she would only share with Renegade. Rarity returned the grip, as the aliens were beginning to strike with its jaws, but it wasn’t fast enough.

The tunnel exploded in a fire and debris, the explosion sends a powerful blast of flame up and through the tunnel.

Applejack looked back and saw a flame ball heading towards her; she quickly crouches by the door to the ventilation room. The blast knocked her over and dislodged Applebloom from the ladder.

She suddenly fell onto the blower drum, causing it to rotate. Applebloom slips nightmarishly through the narrow gap into another duct. The duct was at a chute angle into a depth at a forty-five degree angle. She catches the lip of the chute and held on.

“Applebloom!” shouted Applejack, as she jammed her pulse rifle in to the drum, stopping the rotation.

Both Twilight and Applejack lunged into the gap with their arms out to reach her, “Hold on, Applebloom!” grunted Twilight.

“Twilight, Applejack, I’m slipping!” shouted Applebloom.

“Twi, use your magic,” said Applejack, as she could not reach her sister.

Suddenly Applebloom slipped, but Twilight caught edge of her hoof, “I gotcha’ I gotcha!” grunted Twilight. But suddenly something Twilight loses her focus and lost her magic’s grip on the filly hoof.

“Applebloom, No!” shouted Applejack as she watches her sister sliding down the chute into darkness and disappearing around a bend.
The shaft recedes into darkness, there was no answer. Applejack then pulled herself from the gap and looked at Twilight, with angered eyes. “Come on! We can find her with this!” said Applejack, as pulled out her locator from her belt. It beeped slowly. Twilight nodded, and then yelled down the chute of darkness.

“Stay where you are, Applebloom!” There was a plaintive call from the darkness. “We’re coming!” shouted Twilight, as she heard a faint voice from the shaft.

Applejack then kicked out from the ventilator grille and emerged onto a stairwell, followed by Twilight. They rushed down the stairs as fast as possible.

In the sub-basement Applebloom was in a low grotto-like chamber, filled with pipes. It was flooded, almost up to her neck.
Twilight...Applejack!” shouted Applebloom, as she looked around.

Applejack and Twilight reached the bottom of the stairs and sprinted along the corridor, intent onto the locators’ signal. The signal beeped faster as they closed in on Applebloom.

“This way, she’s close,” said Applejack, looking at the distance the locator.
“Applebloom!” shouted Twilight.

Applebloom was wading around, looking everywhere for any unexpected visitors, “Twilight...Applejack!”

“Where are you? Can you hear me!” continued Twilight, as she ran with Applejack.

Applebloom suddenly heard hoof-steps and voices, she then looks up, and sees Applejack and Twilight run past.

“Here!”Started Applebloom, as she climbed up on some pipes toward the overhead grilling, “I’m here!” finished Applebloom.

They both suddenly stooped and turned around noticed Applebloom’s’ bow was sticking out from the flooring. They both then ran back, and shine a light through the floor grating to see Applebloom’s face.

“Applebloom, are you okay?” asked Twilight.

She nodded, as Applejack gripped the grating and tried pulling it up, but there was no success, “I have to cut it.”

“Climb down, we’ve gotta’ cut through,” said Twilight, as Applejack unslings her welder and flips up the guard screen.
Applebloom climbed back down into the water, she looked up and watched Applejack cut through the bars.

The torch emitted a blinding blue light that illuminated the corridor. Twilight blocked off the glare to her eyes with the light as she looked down into the sub-basement.

“Applebloom...” she looked around as the blue sparks rained down into the water next to her, “...Now, don’t move, stay very still.”

“Okay,” said Applebloom, as she continues looking around the sub-basement.

“We’re almost there, hang in there, okay?” said Twilight, giving the filly some comfort.

Suddenly, Applejacks’ motion track came to life, as it started beeping. Twilight looks over and picks it up. A blob of white dots were moving onto the screen, “Applejack!”

“I know!” replied Applejack.

“Hurry!” continued Twilight, as she looked behind her.

“I know!” re-replied Applejack.

“I mean it!” said Twilight, as Applejacks’ torch worked quickly cutting through the bars on the grating.

Applebloom was starting to get very frightened, as she continuously scanned the room while the blue sparks were showering blindly beside her. The flames were cutting through, turning the metal into liquid and sparks.

Twilight was focused on the motion tracker; she was staring at it very closely. She shocks the tracker thinking there was a fault in the system, but then she remembered when nopony believed Pinkie. She then looked down at Applebloom, “Applebloom...Applebloom! Just stay still!”

Applebloom stood shoulder deep in the water, while watching the sparks fall as Applejack cuts. Silently a glistening shape raised in a graceful motion from the water behind her. It stood, dripping, dwarfing her tiny form.

She turned and screamed as the shadow engulfed hers. Twilight and Applejack both panic, hearing the screaming below, then the splashing. “All most there!” said Applejack, finishing off the last bar on the grating.

Twilight and Applejack suddenly, kicked desperately at the grating, smashing it down. Applejack then lunged into the hole with her light. The surface of the water reflected the beam placidly, as she looked around; she then noticed that Applebloom was gone.

Twilight pulled her away from the hole; she struggled furiously, trying to tear out of Twilights grip.

“Noo, Nooo!” shouted Applejack, as she got yanked out from the flooring.

Twilight shock Applejack, trying to get the sense into her, “They don’t kill you! They don’t kill! They...” she then shocks her one more time, “Listen! She’s alive!”

“Alright, I believe you! She’s alive,” Applejack then took in a breath before continuing, “But, we’ve gotta’ go and get her now!”

Applejack suddenly pulled herself off the floor and dragged Twilight down the corridor towards an elevator, which was not far away at the end of the tunnel. The elevator door opened and Applejack along with Twilight got into the elevator.

She hitted the button to go to the surface level, but the doors didn’t close. She then hits the button again and the door began to close, but they didn’t close fast enough as an alien warrior leaped at the door. The doors stopped from closing due to the safety and reopened. Applejack fired at point blank range, blasting it in the head.

The alien fell back out of the door, as its acid-blood spewed out and flow through the door, hitting Applejacks’ armor chest plate. The lift started upwards, and Applejacks’ hooves raced with the clasps. Galvanized out of her hysteria, Twilight quickly clawed at her armor, helping her out as much as possible.

“Get it off! Get it off!” Screamed Applejack as the acid contacted her chest and arm. She shucks out of her armor, as acrid fumes filled
the lift. Twilight slammed the armor on the floor, as it a large hole sizzled at the chest plate.

The elevator stopped and the doors opened. Twilight supported Applejack, “Here,” said Twilight as carried her friend through the front doors of the complex.

“Come on, you can make it!” shouted Twilight, as they were getting closer to bishop, who was steering the incoming drop-ship with a joystick. He looked up as the drop-ship files over the north lock building, and descends towards the landing grid, while it was side-slipping in the hurricanes gust.

The ship settled down hard, as it landed on its ramps. Twilight and Applejack suddenly stumbled up to Bishop, She shouted to be heard over the wind, “Bishop, how much time?”

“Plenty, twenty-six minutes!” replied Bishop, as he helped up the other side of the limping Applejack.

“We’re not leaving!” shouted Twilight, as she pulled Applejack into the lowered down ramp of the drop-ship.

Bishop suddenly stopped, and stood in hesitation, “We’re not...why?”

His question was perfectly understandable under the circumstances. She relaxed a little. “Tell you in a minute. Let’s get Applejack some medical and close this sucker up, and then I’ll tell you.”