• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 1,088 Views, 24 Comments

Aliens: Pony Marines - Renegade Thunder



Twilight and her friends are no longer part of the elements of harmony, and have separated paths with each other. They are now part of the C.M.E (Celestial Marines of Equestria) and have intercepted a signal from the planet LV426.

  • ...
2
 24
 1,088

Chapter 2: The colony

The troopers were suiting up for the drop. Strapping their bulky combat-armor...interlocking plates, like they would do, if they were part of the guards for Celestia. Rainbow Dash tied a red bandana around her head, while Renegade puts on his lucky cap. His cap was a cadet hat, the colour was black and had a few cuts and scrapes, from the last time he wore it. On each of the ponies armour they had different emblems; some had their own cutie mark.

Lyra had a hand print on the front of her chest plate, on the bottom of the hand print it said, “WE KNOW.” As the ponies were clipping their armor on to their bodies, their hooves moved methodically over the fastening, it had its own rhythm...‘CLICK, CLICK, and CLICK.’

Zecora shouted her order while rhyming them to the ponies as they getting to the ready line. One of the APC’s drove pass and stopped, the side door opened. All the pony troopers line up and moved inside. Twilight was wearing a flight jacket and a headset, she move inside and seated herself facing the other troopers across a narrow aisle. Rainbow Dash and Renegade stashed their smart-guns right next Rarity.

Rarity looked at their smart-guns, as she saw the word on the side of their guns, Rainbow’s said, “TEN SECONDS,” while Renegade’s said, “BEND OVER.” The APC’s door slammed shut as the troopers pulled down the safety bar. Bishop then reversed the APC into the belly of the drop-ship.

Pinkie was checking all the safety bars; she prowled the aisle, her movements predatory and exaggerated. As she paced, she kept up a steady stream of psychobabble, unavoidable in the confined space. “I am ready. Ready to, get it on. Check it out. I am the ultimate. State-of-the-art, you do not want to mess with me.” Twilight watched Pinkie working her way towards her. “Hey Twilight, don’t worry, I’ll take care of you, also have you ever felt the G-force of a drop-ship before, or felt the rush of a roller-coaster.”

Twilight looked up at Pinkie and thought, “Ah no, here she goes, off the edge of excitement again.” Pinkie, was excitedly blabbering about the G-force of the drop-ship, and how harsh they would drop. Until suddenly Applejack grabbed Pinkie by her battle harness and pulled her into the seat next to her then slams the safety bar down, “Save it,” said Applejack, as her voice was low, but was carried.

Pinkie looked at Applejack, “okie, dokie, lokie.” She said as she surprisingly quieted down. Twilight nods her thanks to her, while Applejack nodded back at Twilight, giving the sign of her friendship returning.

The C.M.E-ZECORA moved over the planet as the drop-ship lowers from the cargo-bay and locks on to a massive launch rig. The night side of Acheron yawns below...enigmatically.

In the cockpit, Spitfire and Sorain ran rapidly through the switches, they both check and made sure that everything was shut and sealed. Afterwards she puts on her pilot sun-glasses, and then a pilots helmet. “Initiate release sequencer on my mark, three...two...one...mark!”

A hydraulic whine came for the clamps as it slammed back. The ship dropped into the planet. In the APC, Pinkie raises her hooves in the air as she was enjoying the ride. Twilight had her eyes closed as she knows the point of no return. The drop-ship shook and rattled, as it was heading into the planet’s atmosphere.

As the drop-ship was heading into the atmosphere, there was a grey limbo below. The dark mantle of clouds that shrouded the surface of LV426 suddenly became something more than a pearlescent sheen to be admired from above.

The drop-ship bounced through alien jet streams, shuddering and rocking. Spitfire’s voice sounded icy calm over the open intercom as she shouldered the streamlined craft through the dust-filled gale, “Switching to DCS ranging. Visibility zero, a real picnic ground. What a bowl of crap.”

“Two-four-oh,” said Sorain as he was too busy looking at his radar, “Nominal to profile, picking up some hull ionization.”

She looked out the widow of the cockpit and then looked at the radar, “got it.” Spitfire then pressed a button on the dash board. “Nothing that ain’t in our programming,” smirked Spitfire. “At least the weather hasn’t changed down there.” She eyed the readout, “Rough air ahead.”

In the APC, Applejack was fast asleep in her harness. Spitfire’s voice sounded briskly over the APC’s intercom system. “Stand by for some chop.”

Some of the troopers sat quietly, staring straight ahead, their minds mulling over private thoughts. Rarity sat with her eyes shut tight; there was sweat that stood out on her forehead and neck. Her hooves were in a nonstop motion, rubbing the back of her hind legs.
Twilight looked over at Rarity, “how many drops is this for you?”

Rarity snapped opened her eyes and blinked at Twilight. “Thirty-eight...simulated.”

“How many combat drops?” asked Rainbow Dash pointedly, as she smirked.

“Well...two...three, including this one,” Rarity suddenly remembered the time Rainbow Dash saved her, “four if you include the time you saved me aswell.”

Rainbow Dash and Renegade exchange with the, ‘do-you-believe-this-shit’ expression. Twilight looks at Filthy Rich, as he was excited, like he was going on a fishing trip.

Cockpit voices continued to reverberate over the intercom. Spitfire managed to outgripe. Sorain’s three to one. In between gripes and complaints they managed to fly the drop-ship.

“Turning on final,” she was saying. “Coming around to a seven-zero-niner, terminal guidance locked in.” she looked out of the cockpit window again, “Where’s the damn beacon?”

It suddenly merges from the low clouded ceiling; from the twilight haze ahead the distant colony landing beacons become visible. The APC was stumbling as the ships pitches, Twilight made her way forward to the MTOB, ‘MOBILE TACTICAL OPERATIONS BAY’ a controlled line with monitor screens. She joins Filthy Rich watching over Rarity as she plays the board like a video director.

On the monitors were the names of the troopers, two for each solider, the upper screens show images from the I-IVC, IMAGE-INTENSIFIED VIDEO CAMERAS, which was in the troopers helmets. The lower screens were BIO-MONITERS: EEG, EKG and other graphic life-function readouts, other screens show exterior views.

Rarity looked at the monitor, “let’s see, Everypony on line, Renegade, check your camera, there seems to be a malfunction.”Renegade whack his head against the safety bar, as he know this malfunction, “That better, pan it around a bit.” he panned his head as the camera was showing a clearer view.

The safety bar of the trooper’s seat then lifted, as they were getting ready. Renegade looked over to Derpy and notices that her helmet was backwards. He looked at the monitor on Rarity’s desk and knew something was wrong. So he went over to Derpy. “Hey, can I help you with something for a minute.” She looked at him; one eye was looking directly at him, while the other was looking completely the opposite direction. He grabbed her helmet then turned it around, “there, you now look like a badass and not a dumbass.” He looked up at the front of her helmet and saw a picture of a muffin.

There was clatter of activity as they packed their backpacks and weapons. Rainbow Dash and Renegade buckle on their smart-gun body harnesses. While Pinkie Pie nudge Applejack on her arm to wake her up.

Twilight watched the AP station loom on the exterior screen, “that the atmosphere processor?” asked Twilight as she looked at Filthy Rich.

He nodded, “uh-huh, one of the thirty or so, all over the planet. They’re completely automated; we also manufacture them by the way.” Twilight looked at him for a second, but then looked back at the screen.

The tiny ship circles the roaring tower; it looked like a metal volcano, thundering like it was going to erupt. Rarity plays with the controls, as she was zooming in the image of the colony; she then tapped her mike, “hold at forty, slow circle of the complex.”

Twilight looked as she examined the tower, “The structure seems intact, and they have power,” on the screen the colony building loomed in with low visibility, like shipwrecks on the sea floor.

Rarity turned her chair and looked at Zecora, “okay let’s do it.” Twilight turns as Rainbow Dash squeezes past her. She looked at Twilight for second, “you staying in here?”

“You bet,” replied Twilight as she was tooken by surprise.

Rainbow Dash then looked at as she faced the door of the APC, “figures.”

Rarity tapped her mike to signal Spitfire again, “set down sixty metres this side of the telemetry mast. Immediate dusts off on my ‘clear’ then stay on station.” She turned to the troopers, “ten seconds, ponies, look sharp!”

The landing beacons sweep harsh light across the wet tarmac. The ship roared down, as it was extending its loading ramp. The drop-ship slams down on the hydraulic landing legs, and the APC drove on the ground within a moment later, pulling away from the ship as it leap up in a cloud of spray.

The APC pulls to the edge of the complex, the side door then opens and the troopers hit the ground running. They speaded out as they drop behind immediate cover. Zecora scans with her image intensifier visor. She looked through the starlight-scope visor. The place was bright as a sunny day, though it was raining and dark with the grey clouds. She sees the colony building, as trash was blowing in the streets, but there was no movement, not from ponies anyway.

Rarity voice sounded crispy over everyponies suit communicator, “first squad up, on line. Applejack, get yours in a cordon. Watch the rear, Rainbow Dash, take point and move up.”

A line of troopers advances on the colony’s main entry-lock. Parked tightly across the doors were two heavy-duty tractors. Rainbow Dash reaches one of the tractors, she looks inside. The controls were ripped out, as if by a crowbar or an axe. She then moved on and reached the main door. Renegade was flanking on the right, Zecora pressed the door controls, but nothing happened. She looks at Pinkie, “The door won’t open to show the way. Run a Bypass, and it’ll do what it’ll say.”

Pinkie hopped over to the control panel, and studies the door controls. She pries off the facing and starts clipping on the bypass wires. The wind roars around the bleak structures, a neon sign creaks overhead. Pinkie made a connection; the door shrieks in its tracks and rumbles aside. It jammed partway as it opened. Zecora gave Rainbow Dash the signal to move inside; she eased over the wrecked tractor, and through the doors. Zecora and her team followed her inside.

Rarity voice then came over the mike, “second team. Move up, flanking positions.”

Rainbow Dash and Zecora moved in the broad corridor, a Few emergencies lights were still on, the wind moaned along the concourse. Pools of water covered the floor. Farther down, rain dripped through blast holes in the ceiling, evidence of a fire fight with pulse-rifles, as there were bullet holes all over the walls and floor.

Rainbow Dash moved forward. Her smart-gun cannon swinging slowly in an arc, she studies the video aiming monitor, looking down rather than ahead, their hoof steps echoed.

Twilight watched as the bobbing images reveal the empty colony’s building. “Quarter and search by twos, second team move inside, Applejack take the upper level, and use your motion trackers.” said Rarity in the mike to Applejack.

Applejack leads her squad up the stairwell to the second level. They emerge cautiously; as they entered an empty corridor receded into the dim distance. Applejack unslings a rugged piece of equipment and aimed it down the hall. She adjusts the ‘gain.’ It remains silent. “Nothing, no movement,” said Applejack as she looked carefully at the tracker.

They passed rooms and offices, through doors they see increasing signs of struggle. Furniture overturned, papers scatted...floating sodden in the puddles of water. Twilight watches the screens, as Applejacks’ group passes several burnt-out rooms, but in the rooms there were no bodies to be found. In several offices the exterior windows were blown out, admitting wind and rain.

On the lower level quarters, Zecora’s team were split up in two’s. They pass through the colonists’ modest apartments, little more than cubicles. Pinkie was looking at her tracker as she was following Rainbow Dash. They moved forward down the corridor, Pinkie touched a splash of colour on the wall, as she looked closely, it was dried blood. Her tracker then suddenly beeped.

Rainbow Dash whirls around and aimed her smart-gun at the direction of the pointer. The beeping grew more frequent as Pinkie advanced towards a half opened door. The door was splintered partway out of its frame; there were even pulse-rifles bullets in the walls. Rainbow Dash eases up to the door, she then kicks the door in as they entered the room ready to fire.

But inside, dangled from a length of flex conduit, a junction-box swung back and forth like a pendulum, driven by the wind that poured in through a broken window. The heavy metal box clanked against the rails of a filly’s bunk bed as it swung.

Rainbow Dash uttered a guttural sound. “Motion trackers, I hate ‘em.” they then both turned back to the hallway.

In the APC Twilight watched Applejacks’ monitor suddenly she leaned forward. “Wait! Tell her to...” Abruptly aware that only Filthy and Rarity could hear her, she hurried to plug in her headset jack, patching herself into the intersuit communicator net. “...Applejack, this is Twilight. Back up and pan left.” She complied, and the picture of her monitor retreated. “There!”Applejacks’ monitor shifted, revealing a section of a wall corroded almost through in an irregular pattern.

Applejack spoke over the mike, “you seeing this okay? Looks like it melted.”

Filthy Rich looked at Twilight and raised an eyebrow, “hmm, acid for bloods, or something.”

“Looks like somepony bagged them one of those Xenomorph things here,” Said Applejack as she was looking at Renegade camera.

Twilight then looked at Rainbow dashes’ monitor and saw Pinkie looking at something. She looked at Rainbow Dash, “if like that, you’re going to love this...” Rainbow Dash then looked up and was looking at a gaping hole in the ceiling. There was another hole directly beneath them as she looked down. The acid had melted right down through two levels into the maintenance level, revealing pipes and conduit equipment...eaten away by the ferocious substance.

Rarity spoke on the mike to Applejack, “second squad? What’s your status?”

“Just finished our sweep, nopony’s home,” said Applejack to Rarity over the mike.

Rainbow then spoke over the mike in a sudden second, “this place is dead, whatever happened, we missed it.”

Rarity turned to the others, “all right, the area’s secured. Let’s go in and see what their computer can tell us.” She then spoke on the mike to the two teams, “first team head for operations, Pinkie, see if you can get their CPU on line. Applejack, meet me at the south lock by the up-link tower we’re coming in.”

Renegade smirked to Applejack, “she coming in, I feel safer already.”

*** *** ***

Outside of the building the lights arc across the dormant buildings as the APC turned onto the ‘main drag.’ It trundles down the rutted street, throwing up sheets of filthy water as the massive wheels hit pond-like potholes.

Applejack emerged from the south lock just as the APC rolled up close to the entrance. The side door slides open as Rarity emerged, followed by Filthy Rich, Bishop, and Twilight.

Filthy Rich looks back to see Twilight stop in the APC’s doorway, eyeing the ominous colony structure. She meets his eyes, shaking her head ‘no, not ready.’

Pinkies voice came over the mike, “the CPU is on-line.”

“Okay, stand by in operations,” replied Rarity back to Pinkie over the mike, she turned back at Twilight, “let’s go.”

Twilight and the other caches up with the troopers as they move into the bowls of the complex, Rarity looks at Filthy Rich as he owned the complex, “looks like your company can write off its share if this colony.”

Filthy Rich just looked forward unconcerned, “it’s insured.”

Twilight walk behind the group, she sees the ravaged administration complex. Fire-gutted offices, Applejack noticed Twilight looking around nervously; she casually fell in beside her on the other side, rifle at ready. Twilight glances at her. Applejack nods as she looks back at her.

Fluttershy then emerged from a side corridor ahead, “err, you should check this out...” she then leads the way into the corridor.

The wing was completely without power, the troopers switch on their pack lights. The beams illuminated a screen of devastation, worse that they have ever seen before. “Right ahead here...” said Fluttershy as she was leading them deeper into the wing.

They approach a barricade blocking the corridor. A hastily welded wall of pipes, steel-plates, and outer-door panels, acid holes were slashed through the floor and the walls in several places. The metal was scratch and twisted by hideously powerful forces; peeled back like a soup can, on one side. They squeeze through the opening.

They pack-light play over the devastation of the colonists’ last ditch battle. The equipment of the med labs has been uprooted to add to the barrier. The walls were perforated by pulse-rifle fire and acid, scorched by untended to bare metal. A few instruments glowed with emergency power.

“Last stand,” said Lyra as she looked around.

Rarity looked at Fluttershy, “no bodies?”

Fluttershy shock her head. “No, but it looks like it was a horrible fight,” replied Fluttershy.

Twilight looks in an open door and saw something. “Over there,” said Twilight in a low tone. The others turned and approached the door; seeing what Twilight saw, they entered the second room that was part of the med lab area. In the storage alcove at near eye level stands seven transparent cylinders. Stasis tubes, they glowed faintly with an eerie violet light given off by the field which preserves the specimens inside.

They looked like jars of contained severed arthritic hands; the palsied fingers curled in a death-rictus. But structurally they looked more like spiders with sickening translucent skin. A flaccid scrotal body and gill-like organs underneath drifting in the suspension fluid, Filthy Rich looked at Twilight, “are there the same in your research, report.”

Twilight nods, unable to speak, as Filthy Rich leaned closer in. He was fascinated by the spider-like creatures that his face almost touched the glass cylinder. The specimen in side was lit by the glow of the lights.

“Watch it, Filthy Rich...” said Twilight, as she was giving him a warning to back away.

He just smiled as continued to stare at the creature. It suddenly lunges itself as it slammed against the glass. Filthy Rich jumps back, as the palm of the thing’s hand-like body emerged a pearlescent tubule. It looked like a tapered piece of intestine, which slithers like a tongue over the inside of the glass. It then retracts into a sheath between the ‘gills.’

Applejack leaned in, “looks like love at first sight,” she then looks at Filthy Rich, “it likes you.”

In the cylinders only two of the creatures seemed to pulse with life, Filthy Rich taps the other stasis cylinder but the hand-like creatures remained inertly clenched. On the top of the each cylinder was a file folder. Twilight toke the folder from one of the live specimens’ cylinder. She looked inside at a medical chart printout with hoof written entries.

Twilight was reading one of the entries, “removed surgically before embryo implantation, subject: Star Shine. Died during procedure,” she looked at the group, “they killed him, while getting it off.”

Applejack looked at one of the cylinders, “poor bastard.”

Suddenly a loud beep, beeped on the motion tracker, they turned, as Applejack looks at the tracker and aimed it towards the shattered barricade. The beeps were getting faster, ‘BEEP, BEEP.’

“Behind us,” she gestures at the corridor that they passed through.

“Is it one of us?” asked Twilight as she didn’t want anypony shooting each other.

Rarity tapped her mike and contacted Rainbow Dash, “were you and your team, is there anypony up in D-block?”

Rainbow Dash replied, “Nope, we’re all down here searching in operations.”

Renegade then swung his smart-gun in to a ready position on its supported arm, while locking it with an authoritative ‘CLICK.’ He and Applejack headed towards the source of the signal, the others followed from behind.

Applejacks’ tracker was reading out more rapidly, as they turned into the kitchen. It looks like a stainless steel labyrinth. Twilight hanged back, but then realizes there was nothing behind her but darkness; she then caught up with the group.

The troopers entered as their lights were bouncing around the stainless steel surfaces, “It’s moving,” said Applejack as she looked at the tracker carefully.

Renegade was scanning the room, as his gaze was intense. The other troops gripped their weapons tightly, “Which way?” he said.

Applejack nods toward a complicated array of food processing equipment. They moved forward as their weapons were levelled.

Twilight shuffles forward in the dark, Lyra trips over a metal canister, sending it clanging, while making Twilight jump out of her fur.

Applejacks’ tracker beeped steadily, the beeps merge as it became a solid tone. Suddenly something hit the floor, causing a load ‘CRASH,’ as something moved in the dark, as a rack of stacked pots topped from the tables’ surfaces.

Renegade had his smart-gun steady, and was ready to fire, but suddenly Applejacks’ rifle slams into Renegades’ barrel, lifting it upwards while they both open fired at the same time. A steam of tracers fired, as the bullets ripped into the ceiling, the rounds struck like lighting.

“You fuck!” grunted Renegade as he pulled his smart-gun back into a steady position.

Applejack ignores him, as she moved past and aimed her light under a row of steel cabinets. Her eyes widen as she got Twilights attention.

She walked up to Applejack and crouched beside her then looked. She saw a tiny cowering figure. A very dirty, and very terrified filly, it was Applebloom. They looked at her and wondered, what has happened to her, and how did she get here? And why is she alone.
Twilight spoke soothingly to the frightened filly, “come on out, It’s all right...”

She moved towards her, reaching slowly under the cabinets, Applebloom back away, trembling visibly, her vision fixated like a rabbit blinded by headlights. Twilight’s hoof almost reached her, but the filly bolted like a shot, scuttling along beneath the cabinetry.

Twilight and Applejack scrambles to follow...to keep her in sight, crabbing frantically sideways. Renegade make a grab, catching the filly, but then snaps out a moment later, “Ow! Shit, watch it, she bites.”

The filly reached a ventilation duct set in the baseboard, its grille was kicked out. She scrambles inside, her tiny body barely fitted; she wriggled in, like a fish.

Applejack pulled off her bulky armor and dived in the duct without thinking. Just ahead she sees Applebloom enter a dark space and slams a steel hatch. Applejack pushed the hatch open before the filly could latch it and crawl in the other one behind her.

Applebloom back into a corner, Applejack looked at her and thought, ‘your in big trouble.’ She looked around the place and saw wadded up blankets and pillows line the space, mixed up with a haphazard array of toys, stuffed animals, cheap jewellery and comic books.

Applebloom edges along the far wall and made a dive for the hatch, but Applejack grabs her, and then started to control her in a bear hug. The filly struggled wildly, her eyes were wide, and her hooves were lashing out in a frenzy...but silent.

“It’s okay; it’s me, your sister, Applejack,” she said as she hugged her tightly. As she would always do when she had a bad dream and couldn’t wake up.

Applebloom stops and started breath heavily as her eyes were focused on the dark walls, thinking that something would come out and strike at her.

*** *** ***

They all were back at the operation room; Lyra was looking at Applebloom, as she was the medic of the group. Applebloom was sitting huddled in a chair, her arms were around her knees, and she was looking at a point in space.

“What’s her name again?” asked Lyra to Applejack.

Applejack looked at Lyra as was placing her bulky armor back on, “her name is Applebloom.”

Rarity was sitting in front of her while Lyra was watching the readout from a bio-monitoring cuff wrapped around Applebloom’s tiny arm. “Now think, Applebloom, just start at the beginning...”

There was no response from Applebloom; Twilight entered the room while levitating a steaming coffee mug.

“How did you get here?” asked Rarity as she leaned closer to Applebloom. She just continued to look into space as she was no responding; Rarity shook her head as she got off from her seat, “total brain-lock.”

Lyra shrugged her shoulders, “physically she’s okay, borderline malnutrition, but I don’t think any permanent damage.” she then unsnaps the bio-monitoring cuffs and walked out of the room with Rarity.

Twilight kneels beside Applebloom; she brushed the filly unkempt hair out of her eyes in a gentle, maternal fashion. “Here, try this, a little instant hot chocolate.”

She levitated the cup and raises it to her lips for her. The filly drinks mechanically, spilling down her chin. Twilight then sets the cup down and wipes the filly’s chin.

In the operations, the ground teams were gathered around a terminal in the computer centre. Pinkie had the CPU main computer on-line and reading out. Pinkie bashes at the key board, as her hooves were dancing expertly.

Filthy Rich looked at Rarity, “what is she scanning for?”

“PDT’s ‘PERSONAL-DATA TRANSMITTERS.’ Every adult colonist had one surgically implanted.” said Rarity as she watch Pinkie look for the colonist.

Pinkie continued to look on the computer, “if they’re within twenty clicks we’ll read it out here, but so far...zip. And nopony threw a welcome party for us as we entered.” Rarity just rolled her eyes at the pink party pony.

In the Med-Lab Bishop was hunched over a dead face-hugger, while probing it to look whats inside the alien and how it functioned. Sorian entered the lab while wheeling in some electronic gear. He places it near Bishop’s work table, “need anything else?” asked Sorian.

Bishop looked up from his work at Sorian; he’d seemed to have trouble answering the question, “hello, Bishop. Do you need anything else?”

He looked down at the electronic gear then looked back up at Sorain, “no.” Afterwards he turned back to the alien.

“That’s a nice pet you’ve got there, Bishop.” said Sorain as he looked over his shoulder.

“Magnificent, isn’t it?” replied Bishop.

Back in the office, Twilight wiped Applebloom’s face clean. “I don’t know how you got here, but you are sure lucky to be alive.”

“Tw...Twilight.” said Applebloom, as her voice was almost inaudible.

Twilight leaned in closer, she felt like she’d been breathing on coals. The sound was incomprehensible. “What did you say?” she asked as she wanted to hear her voice again.

“Twilight, is that you?” Twilight suddenly smiled as caught Applejack attention, Applebloom looked at Applejack, “sis, what are you doing here?”

Applejack cocked an eyebrow as she wanted to ask the same question, “young missy, you’re in the biggest trouble, I mean ‘THE BIGGEST TROUBLE’ which you’re in right now.” Applebloom locked her eyes onto Applejacks’ they then hugged each other in a sudden second. “So why did you come here?”

Applebloom pulled herself away from Applejacks’ arms and began to explain. “Ever since you recruited yourself for the Marines of the Princesses, and that you broke up your friendship with your friends. I thought it would be a good Idea if I went to one of the colony’s and work with them on getting my cutie mark.”

Applejacks’ eye twitch for a few seconds, “so you came out here, all on your own not for me, but for yah cutie mark.” finished Applejack, as she watched Applebloom nod.

Applejack then steamed up with frustration, but immediately disappeared as Pinkie cries out triumphantly.

“Hah! Stop your grinning’ and drop your linen! Found ‘em,” said Pinkie as she looked at the computer.

“Alive?” asked Rarity as she entered the room.

“Don’t know, but it looks like all of them. Over at the processing station...sublevel ‘C’ under the south tower. WOW, it must be a surprise PARTY,” said Pinkie as she showed an amoeba-like cluster of flashing blue dots.

Rarity looked at the group of troopers huddled around the computer screen, “okay, let’s saddle up and get those colonists.”