• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 8,131 Views, 180 Comments

Where Was Spike? - powerpony



A few one shots of where Spike was in the episodes where he was absent.

  • ...
12
 180
 8,131

No Second Prances

Spike was busy cleaning up what was left of the fancy dinner Twilight had with the princess. Even though things didn’t turn so well as Twilight left Celestia with the other guests to look for Starlight, the princess was very understanding about when Twilight told her what happened between her, Starlight and her new friend, Trixie. She even invited Trixie to the dinner.

And even though Spike still held a grudge against Trixie for the last time she was in town, where she used the Alicorn Amulet to turn him into a basketball and ban Twilight from Ponyville, he was happy that Starlight was able to make a friend.

As Spike had just finished wiping up the water on the floor from what was left of the ice sculpture, Starlight entered the room.
“Need a little help?” she asked.

“Thanks, Starlight,” said Spike. “But I’m just about finished. By the way, congrats on making a friend.”

“Thanks, Spike,” said Starlight. “I gotta tell ya, it wasn’t easy. I was starting to believe I would never make any friends. I got Applejack pretty mad when I put that spell on Big Mac to make him talk more.”

“Hey, that wasn’t your fault,” said Spike. “You had no idea that Big Mac doesn’t like to talk much. I just talked to Applejack and she wanted to let you know that the spell has worn off and she wanted to say she was sorry for being so moody with you.”

“I guess you’re right,” Starlight sighed. “But I hope Mrs. Cake isn’t upset with me anymore either.”

Spike stopped what he was doing when he heard that.

“I didn’t hear about that,” he said. “What happened?”

“Well, Pinkie Pie took me to Suagarcube Corner, hoping for me to make friends with Mrs. Cake, who was busy making a cake,” Starlight explained. “I decided to try and help her by making a cake myself using my magic. But when Mrs. Cake saw it, she got mad at me. She thought I was trying to make her lose business. “

Spike was a bit shocked when he heard this. For as long as he’s known her, Mrs. Cake has always been a sweet pony. He still remembered the sapphire cupcake she made him for his birthday. And to hear about her getting mad over something as baking a cake just didn’t sound right.

“That doesn’t sound like Mrs. Cake at all,” Spike said. “C’mon, Starlight. We’re going to go talk to her.”

“Are you sure?” Starlight asked, sounding a bit nervous. “What if she’s still upset with me?”

“Don’t worry,” said Spike. “I’ll be with you. If she’s still mad, I’ll tell her that you were just trying to help. I’m sure she’ll understand.”

Although she was still a bit nervous, Starlight decided to go with Spike and the two headed towards Sugarcube Corner.

When they got there, Starlight and Spike entered as saw Mrs. Cake at the front counter, adding some a new batch of cupcakes to the display case. When she saw the two enter, Mrs. Cake had a big smile on her face.

“Well, hello there, dearies,” she said. “ Would you like to try our cupcakes? They’re fresh out of the oven.”

“Actually, Mrs. Cake. We came to ask you something,” said Spike.

“Sure. Go ahead,” said Mrs. Cake.

“Well, I would like to know why you got so mad at Starlight,” said Spike. “She told me how you got mad at her for making a cake for you. Said you thought she was trying to make you lose business.”

Mrs. Cake let out a small gasp as she remembered what happened between her and Starlight and the cake she made.

“I was bit shocked when I heard this,” Spike continued. “You’re always such a nice pony and you never get upset over something like that. Also, you make cakes for a living, so wouldn’t Starlight making one give you more business instead of losing some?”

When Spike was finished talking, Mrs. Cake lowered her head in shame. She then walked up to Starlight and lifted up her front hoof and rubbed it.

“I am so sorry, Starlight,” she said. “I had no right to talk to you like that. That cake you made was one of the prettiest ones I’ve ever seen.”

“Then why were so upset when I made it,” asked Starlight.

“Well the truth is…..I was a having a bad day,” said Mrs. Cake. “Everything went wrong today. The twins have both come down with bad colds so I had to spend a lot of time taking care of them. If that wasn’t bad enough, I burnt two cakes, we ran out of flour, and I accidentally added salt instead of sugar to the latest batch of cookies and got a lot of complaints because of it. So I guess I was just so stressed out that I took it out on you. Which was wrong of me, and for that, I am truly sorry.”

Starlight then gave Mrs. Cake a comforting smile.

“It’s okay, Mrs. Cake,” she said. “Everyone has bad days from time to time. “

The two then shared a small hug.

“Still, I wanted to make it up to you,” said Mrs. Cake as she walked into the kitchen.

When she came back out, she had a tray in her mouth that she placed on top of the counter. On it were cake slices all with the same design as the one Starlight made.

“This is from what’s left of your cake,” said Mrs. Cake. “Pinkie Pie was right, it is delicious. So I took what was left of it that fell on my head and sliced them up and decided to serve them. Here, you two should have one each on the house.”

Starlight and Spike each grabbed a slice and took a bite. They were definitely delicious.

“This is the best cake I’ve ever had,” said Spike.

“I knew you’d like it,” said Mrs. Cake. “And Starlight, dear, if you ever want to come by and help me make another cake, I’d would really appreciate it. “

“I would love to,” said Starlight as she finished her cake.

She then looked at Spike and smiled before giving him a hug.

“What was that for” asked Spike.

“Just for being such a good friend. I wouldn’t have been able to come here and find out what happened if you hadn’t convinced me,” said Starlight before placing a small kiss on Spike’s forehead, causing the little dragon to blush.

“Aw, shucks.”

Comments ( 4 )

You know, Spike never got the chance to meet Pinkie's family.

Starlight giving Spike a kiss......why am I not surprised?

Is this story continuing?

Login or register to comment