• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 3,407 Views, 34 Comments

Monster in the box - Miracle



[Microphilia material] Terror strikes in northern-Utah, as over 1,200 humans are captured by an unknown entity... They later discover how meaningless their lives have become, now at the mercy of a gigantic unicorn.

  • ...
25
 34
 3,407

Special Delivery

Author's Note:

Warning: This chapter contains violence, murder, hoof-crushing, cruelty, minor discrimination, questionable ethics and new-world order; Read at your own risk.

Humans killed in Equestria: 0/1,370

N/a


Exhibit A: Alozec, Our Ethically-challenged antagonist...

Monster In The Box:

Humans: Currently the most actively-populated species on Earth, also referred to as 'Terrans', besting to simplify the most stressful of tasks. Tonight, approximately 0.00002 percent of the Earth's human population will be killed by something out of world, something magical... Soon, their luck will run out, unaware of the adventurous, extraterrestrial encounters they will soon discover.

Our story begins in the small town of Western Wendover, a mid-class town in Utah. The citizens of this quaint little town aren't much different than any other regular parts of American civilisation, some like to party, whilst others like to relax and take it easy--But, whoever they were, or whatever they were like, that didn't matter: For when the sun began to fall into the night sky, the foreign creature that was about to make its move showed no mercy towards them.

The time was just settling into midnight, and everything was quiet, with only a few small groups of freshmen partying at various bars and burlesque clubs; one would suggest it to be a beautiful night... But, then it happened--Everything got wacky, all of a sudden; Radios were being interrupted by incoherent mumbles, cars started alarming, television screens showed unusual static, and even the lights were flickering in random colours.

Soon, the entire town was covered in a strange, soothing yellow and blue energy, paralysing anyone within its range, instantly freezing them inside the uncontrollable anomaly.

It only took mere seconds until the town was completely wiped off of the Earth, with only a small crater left to show the where the city of Wendover once existed.

Nobody was sure what became of the small town--Terrorism? Test sight? Aliens? No-one knew but the townsfolk themselves, and they were further away from home than anyone could've imagined.

When the people awoke from what could only be described as a nightmare, they were still terrified, everything was dark, but movement was audible from within the distance; everyone was confused, unsure of what was going on, and the ground below their feet felt like rough, industrial paper.

Not having any time to react, the citizens were forcefully pushed onto the floor, and the odd sensation of what seemed like seismic blasts were heard in the background, muffled from whatever held the helpless people captive.

A ray of light crept in from a small tear in the darkness, opening up the new world to the humans to explore--They were horrified at what they saw.

Only a few people recognised the familiar layout of the outdoor territory, and those were the folk who saw that one popular cartoon show... Something to do with ponies, surely this was just a coincidence, right?

Then, all of a sudden... Those thumps grew louder, and louder.

"Oh, great... Those Terra specimens have arrived."

Boomed the voice of a titanic, white unicorn, stepping out of the shadows of her front porch.

"Note: The specimens in this container may not be used for reproduction... Extermination of these... Blah-blah-blah, violation of the celestial... Uh-huh, Direct specimen disposal Is recommended... Yah-de-ya-de-ya... Yeah, whatever, this better not be boring." She continued, not even bothering to read the 'terms of use' note that was shown on the cardboard box.

The few dozen people who heard her godly voice and dared to go outside soon regretted their decision once they saw the Titan in front of them...

"Arghh, it came ripped? Can't those damn Mail-ponies take extra care of m-... Oh, my, what do we have here?"

It was too late--The Unicorn already noticed a small tear in the package... And the few escaped humans who were now frivolously fleeing away in terror.

"Hey, you... Things, whatever you are... Hi."

An awkward silence lingered for a brief moment, confusing the tiny specks of life, below.

Not only was it odd that she spoke their language, nor the fact she was an alien, but she was a unicorn of all things...

"Can you thingies understand me? If you can logically process my words, could I have a volunteer to step up in front of me, please?"

By this moment, over 50 people were outside of the box, their brains still mesmerised by what they were seeing.

Eventually, one brave soul stepped forward to face the gigantic creature, and it wasn't long after until she spoke up against the group.

"OK, OK, listen up! This goes for you insects in the box, too!" She yelled, pointing her hoof aggressively towards the cardboard box in front of her.

"I have an announcement to say that will dictate life or death."

Everyone's heart sank after hearing that death would be a possible discipline, they knew that whatever it was she was about to say next, wasn't gonna be good news; Many doubted themselves the possibility of seeing their friends and families again, and even many more hoped it to be just a really bad nightmare.

Slowly licking her lips, she finally made her announcement...

"I am your new guardian, I am your new deity, I am your new master... Which, after all things considered, makes me your new god."

Confusion and fear from the humans only multiplied after her small speech, and from what the unicorn saw (Or from what little she could barely make out) she was disgusted at their disloyalty towards her. The lack of any respectful bowing and modest praise only further provoked her.

Distastefully holding in a small sigh, she continued in an attempt to negotiate.

"Now, I called upon one of you to show an example of loyalty."

She immediately looked at the tiny speck with a manic expression upon her face, who volunteered from within the crowd. Wasting no time she lowered her hoof to the ground, just enough to cast a shadow next to the human in front, making him flinch in surprise.

"Bug, I command you to go into the shadow of my hoof."

Having no choice but to obey her command, the frightened human did just that, albeit, it took slightly longer than she expected, but he obeyed the unicorn's demands, nevertheless.

"Wise choice, small one, wise choice."

After complementing the useless bug, she spoke out towards all the humans who gathered in a single, large crowd, watching in curiosity to see what would happen to one of their own.

"Now, as long this insect obeys my decision will it stay as an insect."

"Bug, I now command you to avoid my sweet, merciful hoof."

The human below only had enough time to gaze upwards in awe at the giant shadow quickly darkening and widening over him... Until he took his last living breath, a gasp of shock and disbelief, he was instantly smushed to nothing but a thick, crimson paste.

"See? Now, if insects disobey Alozec's commands... Insects die."

"My first command for all of you is simple: Run away... If I see you, it's game over."

It was at this moment when chaos rose for the insects, many began screaming and shouting before running away, mostly attempting to re-enter the box they came from.

Some of the people in the group were still unsure of what was going on, continuing to scatter away from each other like a pack of unorganised ants.

When her first hoofstep closed in near the disobedient group, most of them figured it was simply a bad dream, wishing it to end abruptly.

It was only until Alozec's shadow grew darker, that the few couple of people who attempted to escape were helplessly crushed, their skeletons turning to dust in a mixture of blood and dirt, as the hundred tons of pressure from her hoof claimed their petty lives... Including the few who would've gladly tried to obey any request she had.

"Should've listened..." She added, revealing her now somewhat blood-soaked hoof... She couldn't help be utter a snicker, before lifting the package with her magical horn as she happily strode inside her home--Alozec's next-door saw the whole thing, unsure what she just did... If only she knew.

Only three people managed to escape from Alozec's grasp... And even to this day they still traverse the odd land of Equestria--Likely to be crushed by a plethora of various ponies nearby; and without food or water, they're as good as dead.

Meanwhile, inside the box--Confusion only grew for the humans inside, after they eavesdropped over Alozec's loud voice, still unaware that the voice was from a unicorn.

Alozec quickly looked from left and right to see if anypony was watching her, and after seeing just next-door neighbour watering her garden, she was satisfied... Locking and barring her door shut, and shutting any visible light from outdoors away until she was completely alone--Well, her... and over 1,100 humans, no-pony was going to ruin this day for her, she was about to have a really good time...

After a brief run downstairs, and into the basement, Al quickly turned on the lights, and placed the package onto a large, wooden table in the middle of the cold, empty room.

Jumping up, she sat onto the table, before slowly opening the top of the box... Instantly, the light shone upon her subjects, and ironically so--She really was their god.

Almost everyone below was flabbergasted at the sight of her terrifying presence.

After a few seconds which felt like minutes of pure silence and awkwardness; She finally spoke to them...

"Wow... What can I do with you all--They're so many of you things that--I don't know what to do..."

She stuck out her tongue, resting it on the side of the box, letting a waterfall of saliva wash down on a group of humans trying to hide from view whilst she thought up of a plan to dispose of her subjects.