• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,988 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,988

Energies

Edited by frieD195!

Twilight tapped her chin with her left hoof. Discord was trying his best to not to panic, it wasn’t going that well. She suddenly stopped tapping her hoof and placed it back on the ground. She took a step closer to Discord. As she moved forwards, he moved backwards.

’‘Hmm... Nope. Haven’t seen you before, but you remind me of someone I thought I’ll never see again. Oh well.’’ Twilight shrugged.

Discord hadn’t felt this relieved since he escaped from his stone prison the first time. He took a deep breath to calm down. ’‘What made you think you’ve met me before?’’ Discord cracked his neck and groaned as it popped. ’‘I’ve never seen you before.’’

Twilight nodded absent-mindedly. ’’I guess it was a simple mistake then, I must be going. I’ll see you around Phasmatis.’’ She turned around and trotted off. Discord watched her go, and scowled as she trotted around a corner.

’‘You’ll remember me soon enough, dear Twilight...’’ He growled beneath his breath as he walked back out of town. His mind was once again clouded by his past. It felt like his eyes became covered and he could only see hate and feel pain. He didn’t like this feeling, but this is how it was when he was someone nopony wanted anything to do with. Discord’s mind becomes fixated on chaos, disharmony, hate and pain.

He continued trotting out of town but faster than before. He was grinding his teeth. The chaos energy was coming back to him and he would be able to use it soon enough. Discord would have to test it before he could unleash it, of course. But when it became time to unleash it, he wouldn’t hold back and allow his sweet insanity to devour them all.

Outside of town, he was trying to focus the chaos energy. He had two energies. The first one was his own natural magic, the one he could use to levitate objects and such, like a unicorn’s magic, but more powerful. The second one was his chaos energy. The chaos energy was what made him the Spirit of Disharmony. It was near uncontrollable, he didn’t know the full extent of it and he didn’t want to know. It was the chaos energy that granted him immortality. Without it, he would’ve died a long time ago. The Draconequus race is long since extinct. He was the last of them because he used the chaos enrgy to kill the rest. All draconequus’ had a small natural piece of chaos energy. Discord’s energy was unnaturally strong. It made him irritable and unreasonable. Until he met somepony who taught him to control it, that pony was Princess Luna, who wasn’t a Princess back then.

Discord had focused enough energy for a small burst. The crimson aura around his horn turned slowly yellow and with a loud grunt and a flash, he was able to release a small amount of it. But what he saw a bit infront of him made him facehoof again. It looked like a big hairless monkey, and the only coat it had was on its head. The creature stood up slowly.

’‘What... What is this place?’’ The creature croaked, it looked confused. He looked around to see Discord staring at him with a bored look. ’‘HOLY HELL THAT’S A PONY!’’ The creature pointed at him and started jumping around.

’‘Nnnope.’’ Discord said in a slow, bored tone and pointed his horn towards the creature. His horn started glowing a crimson aura that turned yellow again and shot a beam at the creature. With another flash, it was gone. ’’No need for another one of those.’’ He said as he turned to look at the reader with a small smile. He suddenly snapped back and shook his head.

’‘What was that?’’ He asked nopony in particular. ’‘Must be an effect from the chaos energy.’’ He reasoned as he laid down, using the chaos energy took a lot out of him. It was night time and he was struggling in vain to keep his eyes open. He fell asleep with a sigh.

-----

A unicorn guard was running through the halls around the castle, the information he was holding was a top priority to get to one of the Princesses. He knew that Princess Celestia had retreated for the night and the only one awake was Princess Luna. She was probably in her quarters reading about modern times. His armor clanked as he turned sharply around a corner. A small trail of sweat trickled down his brow. His expression was determined to get to the Monarch of the Night as soon as possible. He skidded to a halt in front of Luna’s room, composed himself, straightened his armor and knocked three times. A navy aura engulfed the door and cracked open slowly. Luna walked over to the door and saw a frazzled-looking guard standing outside the room. She understood immediately what it had to be about.

’‘Come in.’’ She opened the door fully and moved out of the way. The guard nodded and walked inside. ’’I understand this must be about Discord, yes?’’ Luna asked the guard. He nodded briefly. ’‘Tell me.’’

’‘Our scans showed a small outbreak of chaotic energy. We assume that it’s Discord, as nopony else other than him would be able to cause such a disturbance.’’ The guard cracked his neck.

’‘When did this happen?’’ Luna paced around the room.

’’We think that the original outbreak of the energy was released three hours ago. There was two outbreak close to eachother. It took time for us to sense it as we were in the middle of changing shifts.’’

”And the location of the outbreak?” Luna stopped pacing and stopped in front of the guard.
’’We are working right now on locating it. They were such short outbreaks that it’s going to take some time to properly locate them.’’ The guard yawned, until he realised that he was yawning right in front of the Princess. She just chuckled at his stressed expression afterwards.

’‘Very good, I will tell my sister about the situation at hoof. Go and get some sleep, you have earned it.’’ Luna turned around and walked back to her desk littered with books.

”Thank you princess. Have a lovely night.’’ He saluted and walked out of the room and back to his home, where his wife and filly were waiting.

-----

Discord woke up the next morning due to a loud rumbling from his stomach. He groaned as he realised that he would have to go back in town to get some food. ’‘Damn this form and its constant need for food...’’ As a draconequus, he didn’t have to eat every day. His digestion was slower than a pony’s so he would get full quicker and stay full longer.

He stood up and stretched his back which felt really good as it popped. He glanced around to see if anypony was around. Nopony was present outside of town, or maybe even in the town for that matter. It was early morning and the only ponies out would likely be the ponies setting up their stands for today’s sales. When he was sure that nopony was around, he stretched his wings. They cracked and popped as they hadn’t been used since he’d arrived three days ago. It felt relieving and he wished he could just fly for a little while. He obviously couldn’t, as it would atract too much attention.

Discord started walking back into town. The fact that ponies would wave to him and smile even when he didn’t know them unsettled him a little. He walked up to a yellow mare with an orange mane selling carrots.

After this purchase, he was broke. He could get some bits later when he needed them. He levitated a carrot out from his pocket and took a bite. He usually didn’t like carrots, but it was different now with another body. Changes like these didn’t feel right to him. He thought that he could hear a faint buzzing sound in the distance, but as he walked around a corner, he saw an orange filly driving a scooter with her wings while pulling a small cart behind her carrying two other fillies. They were heading straight for him. The orange filly driving the scooter had a look of terror on her face. Discord realised that it meant that she wasn’t able to stop. The fillies started screaming as they closed in on him.

’’Oh for the love of-’’ He was cut off by the three fillies and a scooter crashing into him.