• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,947 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,947

In My Defence

’‘Heh... Hello, Twilight Sparkle.’’ Discord waved sheepishly. Twilight snarled.


’‘What do you have to say for yourself?’’ Twilight snapped, glancing at the now less than innocent fillies occasionally twitching.


’’...They wanted to know.’’ Discord smiled weakly. Twilight scoffed and rolled her eyes.


’‘Yeah, right! As if young fillies like them would ever ask about something like that!’’ Discord frowned and clicked his tongue.


’’As a matter of fact, they did.’’ Discord whistled, gaining the attention of a mare who was walking away from the scene. ’‘You heard those three fillies over there,’’ Discord pointed a hoof at the twitching crusaders. ’‘say something about wanting to know where babies come from, right?’’ The mare nodded slowly. Discord smirked and turned back to Twilight with a confident smile. ’‘See?’’


’’I shouldn’t be surprised, but I am...’’ Twilight sat down. ’‘But you still could have been a little more subtle about it, you know?’’ Twilight playfully punched Discord in his chest.


’‘Aw, where’s the fun in that?’’ Discord pouted and Twilight giggled.


’‘You’re still in trouble though.’’ Twilight narrowed her eyes and stared at him.


’‘Well shit...’’ Discord sighed. ’‘Can’t we make a deal?’’


’‘Nuh-uh, I don’t deal with a draconequus.’’ Twilight shook her head.


’’...I find that a little racist’’ Discord arched an eyebrow at Twilight, whose eyes shot open.


’‘I’m not a racist!’’ Twilight furiously shook her head.


’‘Suuure...’’ Discord grinned. Twilight bit her lip and her ears flattened to her head. Discord started snickering and Twilight shot him a look that could make a small animal explode. Discord gulped.


’‘Now come on.’’ Twilight stood up and used her magic to grab Discord’s right ear. Discord made a small whining sound as she started pulling it, leading him to the library. Discord was forced to hold his neck down a bit so he wouldn’t strain on the hold she had. If he did it, it would only pull even harder.

’‘This is humiliating...’’ Discord groaned. ’‘What’s with you ponies humiliating others?’’


’‘What’s with you and humiliating others?’’ Twilight shot back instantly. Discord was forced to think for a while, before he sighed.


’’...Touché’’ Discord rolled his eyes. ’‘You know, I could just grab you and fly a few thousand feet up in the air and drop you from that altitude...’’ Discord smiled, his sharpened tooth shimmered in the light.


’‘What do you think Celestia and Luna would do to you then?’’ Discord froze; the pulling in his ears brought him back to reality. He shuddered from the thought and walked closer to the now very irritating librarian. ’‘Besides, I’m going to send a letter to Luna describing what you did to the crusaders.’’ She felt a sudden tug on her magic connection and looked back to see Discord digging his hooves into the ground, trying desperately to get away from her and the inevitable scolding from Luna.


’‘Nonononono...’’ Discord did his best to crawl away from her. He looked back to see Twilight staring at him, very amused. ’‘You know, if you like the view from back there you should at least buy me dinner first...’’ Discord wiggled his flank and grinned as Twilight blushed profusely and lost focus on her magic. Discord took the opportunity and spread his wings, ready to take off.


Twilight was able to compose herself just in time before Discord flew away. Discord saw a purple aura engulf him and lift him off the ground. He was brought in front of Twilight Sparkle, who continued her trot towards the library. Discord pouted and crossed his arms, thoroughly unamused by the lavender unicorn’s treatment.


’‘When I didn’t think it could get any more humiliating...’’ Discord huffed and frowned.


’’At least we’re at the library now!’’ Twilight beamed as the large tree came into view. She lowered Discord so she could levitate him into the library without him hitting his head. As she walked into the main room of the library, she grinned as she saw Applejack, Rarity and Scootaloo’s mother. The three mares all scowled as they saw Discord being levitated inside. Discord’s back was turned towards them. ’‘And look, we have some guests!’’ Twilight exclaimed happily as she turned Discord to face the agitated mares.


Discord’s eyes widened and his pupils shrunk. He started struggling in vain against the magic bond that kept him contained. The aura disappeared and Discord ungracefully dropped to his flanks. ’‘Gee, thanks...’’ He rolled his eyes, rubbing his flanks with his forelegs.


’‘I’m going to go and write a quick letter to Princess Luna about this, you girls can start with him.’’ The three mares in front of Discord turned to Twilight and smiled, but when they turned back towards Discord, their expressions darkened.


’‘Ladies...’’ Discord nodded and grinned sheepishly.


’‘What didya do to mah sister?’’ Applejack growled, Discord flinched.


’’I... I may have taught them about the birds and the bees...’’ Discord cleared his throat. ’’My way.’’ The mares in the room gasped in unison.


’‘What did you wish to achieve with that, hmm?’’ Rarity snapped.


’‘Enlightening young minds, of course!’’ Discord claimed victoriously and twirled a hoof in the air.


’‘...what?’’ Applejack scratched a hoof to the back of her head.


’‘They asked me where babies come from, so I answered their question. It may have been an overkill, but maybe they’ll stay away from it.’’ Discord shrugged. ’‘Who knows?’’ The mares seemed to think about it for a while, until Scootaloo’s mom spoke up. She was a white pegasus with a light blue mane.


’‘Well, he spared me the awkward moment of telling Scootaloo about it.’’ Discord stretched his neck and grinned. ’‘I’m still not happy about it, though...’’ Discord’s face fell.


’‘Same here, it’ll still be awkward but Ah’ll power through.’’ Applejack tipped her hat back. ’‘But if Ah ever hear ‘bout ya talkin’ to mah sister ‘bout anything adults do, Ah’ll rip yer wings off...’’ Applejack growled, Discord gulped. He knew that Applejack probably had the strength to do that to him. Applejack motioned for the pegasus in the room to follow her outside, leaving Rarity with him.


Rarity was just staring at him with her big azure eyes, scanning his features. Discord nervously shuffled his hooves and coughed awkwardly.


’‘Hello, Rarity.’’ Discord smiled weakly, blowing a strand of hair away from his face.


’‘Just because the others is okay with this, doesn’t mean that I am okay with it.’’ Rarity frowned.


’‘Heh yeah, I’d understand if you as a sibling would want to keep her safe. I’ve seen it all before.’’ Discord waved a hoof dismissingly.


’’If this has anything to do with when I met you by the lake, I-’’


’‘When did you meet him by the lake?’’ Twilight had walked inside the room just as Rarity had started talking. Rarity jumped slightly, startled by the sudden intrusion. Discord beamed and his eyes lit up. This was going to be interesting.


’’I...’’ Rarity searched for what to say to her friend. Discord cleared his throat.


’’I met Miss Rarity two days before I was discovered by the Princesses; she was by the lake when I was taking a much needed bath. One thing lead to another and dragon-boy was also involved, it ended with Rarity flirting with me and me obliterating a small patch of the Everfree forest.’’ Discord stroked a hoof through his black mane. ’‘Can’t blame her for liking this...’’ He grinned slyly.


Rarity growled as her face turned red with bottled up anger. ’’I thought we agree-’’ She was interrupted by Discord.


’’Au contraire, milady, I never agreed to anything.’’ Discord stated.


Twilight just stood on the spot, her mouth was slightly agape and her vision was focused on something inexistent. Her friend Rarity had flirted with the Embodiment of Chaos, who was also the lunar princess’ coltfriend. And the thought that he had easily destroyed a piece of the Everfree forest shocked her. All in one day. The fashionista and the Spirit were still arguing.


Discord pouted and stuck out his tongue at Rarity, who gasped at the childishness of the spirit in front of her. Rarity’s eyes widened as a navy aura engulfed his tongue and started pulling it towards the door. Discord was also surprised at the sudden interruption. He stared cross-eyed at his tongue, sliding across the library floor towards the door, where a very annoyed princess was standing. Discord noticed Luna standing in the doorway and tried to run away, but to no avail.


’‘Four hours, Discord.’’ Luna frowned. ’‘You couldn’t stay away from trouble for four hours.’’ Discord tried (and failed miserably) to act innocent. His shoulders slumped as Luna scowled.


’‘I’m showhy...’’ Discord talked with his tongue out. His hooves seemed very interesting at the moment.

’‘Sometimes I doubt that you even try to change...’’ Luna sighed and turned away from him, releasing his tongue. Discord licked his lips; her aura had a very distinct taste of blueberries and licorice. Discord walked up to her and placed his left wing on her back. Luna leaned away from him at first, but eventually leaned to him and sighed again.


’’I do try...’’ Discord said in a soft tone. ’‘It’s just so hard to change when I have lived and suffered with this for about three thousand years... I try my hardest, but I always fall back in my old behaviors.’’ Discord held her closer towards him with his wings. ’‘But... But I will try harder, I promise...’’


Rarity wiped a tear from her face as her lower lip quivered from the scene in front of her. She gasped in surprise as Luna kissed Discord. Twilight looked away from the two immortals, slightly embarrassed from the display.


Luna broke the kiss and took a breath. She felt like she could trust him with this. He would never want to lose her, she knew him so well that he would never do such a thing. And when Discord makes a sincere promise, he will never break it.


Discord knew that he had to change, but it is so hard to change when the periculum formed him after its own morbid picture of perfection in chaos. But if he would risk losing Luna, he was going to do everything he could to change his ways. It was going to take a lot of time to do so, but it would be worth it in the end. He glanced out the window to see the sun setting for the night to be brought forward. Luna had already noticed and was walking out the door to perform her duty. Discord trotted after her, leaving the two unicorns in the library.


’‘Lu!’’ Discord called after her. Luna turned her head towards him.


’’I have to go back to Canterlot for the night. You know that...’’ Luna forced a weak smile.


’‘You don’t have to go... I know a place here in Ponyville that is elevated. You can raise the moon from there.’’ Discord pleaded. Luna thought about it for a couple of seconds, until she made up her mind.


’‘Okay...’’ She walked up to Discord and nuzzled into his side. Discord placed his right wing on her back and started walking towards the park. The town was quiet; almost nopony was out at this hour. In the park, Discord lead them to a steep hill with a single oak tree on the top of the hill. Luna closed her eyes and focused her magic.


It looked like her mane blended into the night sky and the stars in her mane spilled out into the sky, placing them in carefully planned patterns across the sky. When she brought forward the moon, her eyes opened and shined in the same silver light as the moon itself.

Discord stood in awe and stared at the display. He couldn’t look away from the breathtaking sight. As the night was finally brought forward, Luna sighed in relief and smiled at Discord’s expression. ’‘Never gets old, huh?’’ Discord shook his head in a dumbstruck haze. Luna laid down on the ground with her forelegs beneath her. She motioned with her head for Discord to come closer. He walked up to her and laid down besides her. Luna leaned towards him and stroked her muzzle just beneath his right eye. Discord’s ear flapped involuntarily and flicked Luna. She giggled and leaned closer towards him.


Discord draped his strong foreleg around her, holding her close. After a few minutes, Luna pushed him onto his back, surprising the spirit. She climbed onto him and kissed him with force. They soon gave into the night and the desires that follow with the night.


They boinked, in other words.


----



The next morning, Luna wiggled her way out of Discord’s embrace and went to work with making way for her sister’s sun and day. She hadn’t felt this relaxed in years and she had that to thank the spirit who was snoring softly while nibbling on his own mane at the moment.


As she had finished her task, she stretched her body and made a few joints crack from sleeping on such a rough surface. Discord seemed used to it, though. She laid down beside him again, sighing as she felt his warmth wash over her again.


She suddenly felt and saw two goldish-grey forelegs drape around her and pull her closer. Luna started giggling like there was no tomorrow as Discord rolled onto his back, still holding her close. Luna’s eyes widened in realization as she thought of Celestia coming to her room to find nopony there.


’‘Well?’’ Discord simply asked.


’‘What?’’ Luna was a little puzzled from the sudden question.


’‘Was it worth staying the night here?’’ Discord squeezed her a little.


’‘Extremely worth It.’’


’‘You should go back to Canterlot, so Shiny will know where you are...’’ Discord stated sullenly.


’’I guess...’’ Luna climbed off him and stood up. Discord stood up, but in a much slower progress. Joints cracked like an orchestra when he stretched his back and wings.


’‘Then go, I’ll be fine.’’ He smiled.


’‘Okay then.’’ Luna embraced him one last time before her horn started glowing and teleported her back to Canterlot, where her sister was probably waiting for her.


Discord sighed as Luna teleported away. He still had a few hours to kill before the race against Rainbow Dash, so he figured that he’d might as well do some basic practice routines so he’d be ready. Discord flared his wings and shot out into the air like a crimson lightning bolt.


-----


It was now around noon and Discord was waiting for his opponent on a field just outside of Ponyville. It was the same field that Luna had tackled him, on and the same field where he fought the royal sisters.


Discord saw a rainbow streak closing in, doing a few loops, flips, and barrel rolls on the way to him. On the dirt road out from Ponyville, four other ponies were walking towards him. When they came closer, he noticed that it was the Elements of Harmony minus one. Applejack wasn’t amongst them; she was probably working on her family’s farm.


Rainbow did one last loop before she landed on the ground in front of him with a thump, puffing out her chest and grinning like a madmare. Discord faked a yawn and brought his left hoof to his mouth. Rainbow’s right eye twitched. When the rest of the elements had gathered, Discord, Fluttershy and Rainbow started changing cloud formations into a basic track that they were going to race around. Fluttershy was going to be the starter.


The non-pegasi on the ground were looking at the progress of the work from below. Pinkie Pie was hollering to Discord to move a cloud a little to the right. Twilight Sparkle and Rarity rolled their eyes in unison from the display of their hyper pink friend. Twilight was going to be the judge, making sure that the challengers don’t cheat or do any nasty business against each other during the race.


When all of the preparations were done, Rainbow and Discord placed themselves by the start/finish line. Discord cracked his neck from side to side and flared his wings, grinning from ear to ear. Rainbow stood beside him, preparing for take-off. She experimentally flapped her wings twice and started grinding her left hoof to the ground. She growled quietly. She HAD to win this.


Fluttershy hesitantly flew to the start line, holding a checkered a flag in her mouth. She was shaking like a leaf in a storm. She lowered her head while clenching her teeth down to the handle of the flag. She was shaking a lot more now than before. When she flicked her head back up, she stumbled backwards from the violent winds that was brought forwards from the ponies flying away at breakneck speeds.


When Discord left the start line, a sound that was similar to a crack of lightning echoed through the field, momentarily stunning everypony on it. Rainbow Dash flew into the sky with her standard rainbow streak. A crimson lightning followed Discord wherever he went.


Rainbow’s start was much faster than Discord’s but he was catching up to her when they were flying in a straight line towards the first hard right. They were flying besides each other into the first turn, but Discord was able to inch himself into the lead and placed himself in front of Rainbow, blocking her path of flight. Rainbow cursed to herself and moved away from the draft behind him. They were neck in neck as they approached the next turn, a soft left. This time, Rainbow was able to get in the lead.


Discord growled, he doubled his thrusts and was now just besides her again. It was a long straight run towards the last turn, which was a full 180 degree turn and also a straight shot to the finish line.


With the help of his horn cutting through the wind, he was able to get in the lead again, much to the dismay of Rainbow Dash. Discord was now a few feet in front of her, the last turn was going to be a difficult one considering the speed he was in. He held out his wings to their full extent and went into the last turn sideways; it gave him the boost he needed to get a comfortable lead.


Rainbow Dash on the other hoof, was not pleased with the fact that she was about to lose. She started pumping her wings like never before and she was coming closer with every thrust.


But it was too late.


Discord had already passed the finish line, just as Rainbow was going to pass him. Discord did a long, lazy loop to slow down his momentum so he could land safely. As soon as he touched down to the ground, his legs buckled from the pure effort he put into winning this race.


Discord was almost too tired to care that he had won; he rolled over onto his back and closed his eyes. He could hear the frustrated scream from Rainbow Dash. She was probably not good at handling a loss. He chuckled and took a few deep breaths. As he was about to stand up, a shadow blocked the sun. He looked up into the magenta eyes of Rainbow Dash. She looked down at him and frowned. She extended her right hoof. Discord reached out his own hoof held onto Rainbow’s. She helped him stand up.


’‘Dude...’’ She took a deep breath. ’‘THAT WAS AWESOME! WHERE DID YOU LEARN THAT LIGHTNING THING?’’ She shouted to him, Discord had never seen her this excited.


’’I dunno, I guess it’s natural when I’m a pony; like your rainbow streak.’’ Discord shrugged.


’‘Makes sense...’’ Rainbow nodded slowly, glancing at her own rainbow tail ’‘Still, that was pretty cool.’’


’’It was.’’ Discord stretched his now very sore wings. ’‘Remember our bet?’’ Discord smirked. Rainbow’s ears drooped, but she shook her head. A bet’s a bet. She made it and she lost. She couldn’t do anything about it now.


’‘Yeah... Come on, I’ll show you ‘round it.’’ Rainbow flared her wings.


’’Uh... Later...’’ Discord groaned as it felt like his wings started thumping on their own. ’‘I’m a little sore...’’ As if on cue, his stomach growled angrily. ’‘And hungry...’’ Discord grinned sheepishly.


’‘Sure, we’ll get something to eat and then we’ll go, ‘kay?’’


’‘Seems fair.’’ Discord shrugged and started walking back to town, ignoring the chatter from the Elements of Harmony asking him too many questions for his liking.


A/N: Preread and edited by the awesome Wolfy Hige! Also, holy cow, longest chapter yet!