• Published 12th Apr 2012
  • 15,981 Views, 1,050 Comments

When The Wind Changes - Symphony



Discord is free again, but this time some changes occured.

  • ...
59
 1,050
 15,981

When Gods Clash Blades

Edited by frieD195


Discord cracked his neck from side to side, still grinning and his horn blazing. This was going to be fun. The princesses looked nervously at eachother. Luna spread her wings as Discord had suspected. He knew the strengths and weaknesses of the Princesses. He was thinking of a strategy that would work against both of them.


Luna was a fast flier, she was agile and quick to react. Her weak points were blunt force and powerful magical blasts. He would have to go for Celestia first, as the fight against Luna would take much more of his energy. Discord shifted his focus to Celestia.


Celestia wasn’t that fast in the air or very agile but she made that up by having strong magic and high resistance towards blunt force and blasts. The way to deal with her is to be as quick on his hooves as he could. He grinned even wider as he felt his periculum reach its breaking point. It wasn’t as strong as it was in his draconequus form, but it was more than enough.


With a powerful thrust of his wings, Discord flew towards Celestia, who had squared her shoulders and taken a defensive stance with her horn pointed towards him. Luna had taken to the air, where she was strongest. Luna wasn’t very good with hoof-to-hoof combat.


When Discord was close to her, Celestia reacted by fusing her magic to form a shield around her. Discord was still grinning from ear to ear. Just before he would crash into the shield, he released a shockwave of magic against it, shattering the shield and making Celestia skid a few feet on her hooves. Discord flew up into the air and did a loop while whooping. Celestia aimed towards him and shot five beams of energy towards him. He dodged them with ease, laughing at her.


Luna dived towards Discord, horn ablaze. Discord dropped just below her and punched his right hoof into her gut, making her twist out of control towards the ground. Celestia caught her with her magic and gently placed her on the ground. She turned towards Discord again only to see him flying towards her in breakneck speed. Celestia could barely avoid being run over by him.


Discord landed, still moving fast. He digged his hooves down into the ground, braking his momentum. A cloud of dust was kicked up as he skidded away. Celestia turned to her sister, who had just gotten back up on her hooves. Luna was gritting her teeth and her eyes were brimming with tears from the pain in her gut and heart. Celestia scowled and turned towards the cloud. Discord hadn’t gotten out from it yet, and it hadn’t dissappeared with the wind.


The cloud of dust started moving against the sisters. They couldn’t even see their own hooves in front of their faces. Celestia decided to rely on her senses. She closed her eyes who were beginning to burn from the dust. She felt an alien energy moving fast in a circle around them. Discord had created a weak mini tornado to contain the cloud and to blind them. He was just playing with them. She could feel that Discord had suddenly moved away from maintaining the tornado and had shot out to the west. He dissappeared from her range of sensing energies. Celestia could suddenly feel him coming back, faster than before. He was coming for them.


Luna had also sensed Discord. She spread her wings and shot out from the tornado as her sister summoned a wind to diminish the dust. Luna was heading straight for Discord. None of them budged as they were coming closer and closer towards eachother. Just before they would crash into eachother, Discord rolled so he was flying upside-down, just beneath Luna. He took a cheap-shot and kicked her in the face with one of his backhooves as he passed her. Luna was surprised by the sudden hit and once again was twirling towards the ground. This time, Celestia was too slow to catch her fall.


Celestia witnessed her sister make contact with the ground. Discord was going to pay. She was going to make sure he would. Discord landed with a thump a few feet away from Celestia, still grinning. Celestia wanted to wipe that smile right off his face with a swift hoof.


’’So...’’ Discord started, rubbing his chest with his left hoof and nonchalantly inspecting it. ’‘Ready to give up yet, Tia?’’ Celestia was only focused on the spirit mocking her, until the soft sobbing mixed with groaning from her sister reached her ears. Celestia growled and lowered her head towards him, like she was about to skewer him with it. She grinded her left hoof against the ground, much to Discord’s amusement.


’‘You will pay...’’ Celestia growled as her horn started glowing a brilliant white light, making the temperature around them rise drastically. It sounded like something was powering up to be released.


Celestia used Solar Beam!


A brilliant white and orange beam sliced through the air heading straight towards Discord. Discord jumped to his side desperately and rolled. His tail became singed and the tip of it just dissappeared from the heat. As soon as he was on all of his hooves again, he shot open his wings and gave a thrust with everything he could manage. He was soaring towards Celestia in breakneck speed again. It felt like everything around him was slowing down. Celestia didn’t have the time to react to his speed. She just closed her eyes and braced for impact.


Discord pulled back his left hoof and swung it forward as hard as he could towards Celestia’s head. His hoof made contact with Celestia’s jaw and made a satisfactory crunching sound just when it hit, drawing blood.


Celestia fell like a rock. Luna lifted her head just to see her sister fall to her side, unconcious. Luna gasped for breath as Discord landed a bit away from her sister. Blood was spotched on his left hoof. Luna shook her head in disbelief. This couldn’t be happening. She braced herself to stand. Discord noticed her standing up. He just scanned her features, up and down. Discord got a devilish grin and lifted his left hoof that had her sister’s blood. He brought it to his face, smirked and gently licked some blood off his hoof and smacked his lips.


’‘Tell Celestia to eat less treats when she wakes up, it makes her blood taste a little too sweet.’’ Discord said nonchalantly in a conversational manner to Luna, who’s jaw was hanging open from the display. ’‘Now now, Lu. Don’t be rude. How have you been?’’ Discord walked around the fallen solar princess with a disgusted expression.


’‘Lonely.’’ Luna answered flatly.


’’Me too, my dear, me too...’’ Discord stopped a few feet away from Luna.


’’I... I’m...’’ Luna bit her lip, wincing slightly from the pain in her gut and face. ’‘I’m sorry...’’


Discord was taken aback from the sudden apology. He lifted his hoof that wasn’t littered with blood and rubbed his neck. ’’Uh... What for, exactly?’’


’‘For leaving you like that all those years ago.’’ Luna sat down and lifted her left foreleg to her aching gut. ’‘And for this...’’ She choked out the last sentence and closed her eyes. Her horn started glowing. Discord didn’t have time to react before a bright, white flash blinded him and disorientated him. He staggered around for a while, bucking and thrashing until he could feel an all too familiar weight on his back. He started thrashing some more. He quickly got tired and slowed down. He could feel something cold on the front of his neck, which clicked as it closed around his neck.


His powers drained immediately, he couldn’t use his magic, his wings felt too heavy to be able to fly with. His strength vanished as well and he collapsed to the ground, fatigue overtaking him as he passed out.


Celestia had woken up and had motioned for Luna to stall Discord long enough so she could materialize the necklace that would drain his powers and weaken him. The necklace had worked and done its part.


-----


Discord woke up several minutes later with a start. He was lying on his side. He looked up to see Celestia and Luna towering him and looking down at him. Discord’s spirit died that exact moment. He thumped his head back to the ground. Something was around his neck.


He looked down to see a charcoal necklace made out of some material that he didn’t recognize. There was three fire rubies who were glowing intently in a strange pattern in the middle of it.


’‘Get up.’’ Celestia ordered, still looking down at him.


Discord knew that he didn’t have any other choices, so he braced one of his forelegs beneath himself and pushed. Progress was slow and all of his legs were shaking violently. Just before he was about to fall, Princess Luna stood besides him and helped him stand. He grumbled his thanks and looked down at the ground, defeated.


’’I guess you’re going to turn me back to stone again...’’ Discord sighed.


’’No.’’ Celestia gracefully shook her head. The wound on her lip was still bleeding a little.


’‘What.’’ Discord didn’t believe them.


’’We decided to try with a different approach this time.’’ Luna motioned to the necklace around his neck.


’’As my sister said. We’re going to try and socialize you for an attempt to see if you can change or not.’’ Celestia used her magic to heal the wound on her face.


’‘Great. I’m a social experiment now.’’ Discord groaned as he sat down on his flank and rubbed his eyes with both of his hooves.


’‘Exactly.’’ Luna walked a lap around Discord to get a better look of his pony form and his cutiemark, who sparked her interest.


Discord just groaned and laid down again, covering his head with his hooves.


’‘You’re going to start by apologizing to the Elements of Harmony for what you did to them the last time you escaped.’’ Celestia giggled at the thought of Discord apologizing.


’‘Are you serious..?’’ Discord thought that the thought of apologizing to them would be humiliating.


’‘Yes.’’ Celestia nodded firmly once. Luna just giggled as Discord’s jaw dropped.


’’...Fuck’’