• Published 19th Jul 2014
  • 8,304 Views, 245 Comments

The Wolf's War - Blazing47s



When a huge black wolf mysteriously appears in Equestria, he brings with him an evil that nopony could have seen coming. After befriending the mane six, the black wolf must stop the approaching tide of evil before it is too late.

  • ...
13
 245
 8,304

Breaking The Ice *Revised*

“Twilight!” Spike shouted. “Twilight!” The small dragon looked inside another door. “I swear,” he said to himself, “That I have passed this room like a dozen times by now.” Although Spike liked the comforts of his new castle home, particularly in that there were a lot of rooms that he got all to himself, he did find that the hallways connecting those rooms seemed to be a maze that one could get lost in if not too careful. Spike tightened his annoyed grip on the letter in his claws and he walked past a large window, one with the same view as practically all the others he had gone past. “How hard can the lab be to find in this place?” He grunted, rubbing his temple with a claw. “Twilight!” He tried one more time.

Finally, a faint voice trickled back to him. “Yes?”

“Where are you?” He shouted.

“In the lab!” Twilight answered back.

“I knew that,” Spike grumbled. “That doesn’t help me.” Despite his worsening mood and headache, he followed the way he thought the sound had come from, eventually finding a open door that he entered.

Twilight was standing near a large table, her horn lit and her eyes scrunched in concentration as she moved a few things on the table. The lights were off, making it difficult to see much of anything, the magic from Twilight’s horn was the only illumination. Spike was not going to spend the time to look at what instruments she was using, so he didn’t try to identify them. “Reply from Princess Celestia to a letter Luna sent her. It’s a copy I’m supposed to give to you, Luna already got hers,” Spike said, grimacing.

Twilight paused. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just got a headache. Probably from staying up so late last night and not getting a lot of sleep." Spike answered.

"Go see Fluttershy, she might have something that can help." Twilight suggested. "And you can help keep and eye on Link too."

"Alright," Spike said, moving towards the door. Twilight looked back to the scroll she held, breaking the seal and unrolling it carefully.

~~~~~

Dear Luna and Twilight,

I hope that this letter reaches you with the utmost speed. It has come to my attention through correspondence with my sister that various strange things have been happening in and around Ponyville. I would congratulate you both for handling the situation as delicately as you did, and for informing me. However, on to more pressing matters. I cannot leave my position in the Gryphon Kingdom at the present time, as numerous delicate political situations need to be put to rest before I can return to Equestria. I will return as soon as possible, but in the meantime, I have a few words of advice for you both.

To my dear Twilight Sparkle, I would advise you to stay near your friends and Ponyville, as well as keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Because of the situation with the Gates of Tartarus being breached and its proximity to Ponyville, I fear that disaster may befall your home should you not be vigilant. Also, please watch the giant wolf Link carefully. It may only be a feeling, but I fear that there is more to his story than anyone might know.

To my sister Luna, please continue to oversee the watch of the Gates, along with your detachment of our guard. Be wary of anything that might come near you, as many creatures will have sensed the breach and want to take advantage of it. Use every asset available to you to keep the Gates shut and secure. You know what horrors lie within that dimension. I will be in touch with both of you, and I would hope that you would keep me informed on the situation as it goes along. Best of luck to you both.

Sincerely and lovingly,

Princess Celestia.

~~~~~~

Luna set down the letter on the table, frowning while she thought. Normally she would be asleep at this hour, but this matter was too important to allow for that. Her large tent was set up in the middle of the camp outside of the Gates, and the various sounds of camp life filtered through the thin walls. Luna stood from her seat behind the desk, walking towards the tent flap. She pushed it aside with her magic, and made her way out into the bright sunshine. The two Night Pegasi flanking the doorway immediately saluted as the Princess stepped outside. She nodded to them to put them at ease, and continued through the camp.

A small tent city had been erected in a circular formation, with Luna’s own as the center. Each tent was made of magically enchanted white cloth, and four tents were always grouped together, each group having a small fire pit in the center. A mixture of Night Pegasi and normal guards-ponies mingled about, though, because it was day time, the number of her guard about had diminished significantly as they slept. The guards talked, laughed, and were good to each other on the whole, despite the subtle air of tenseness that surrounded the camp that the posted sentries at the edges of the forest didn't help. The number of guards she had brought with her were probably not as many as her sister would like, but Luna had her reasons. These were the best of the best, her most trusted. She knew that they would give away no information, to civilian or otherwise. They were all highly skilled in combat, each in their own way.

As Luna strode through the tents in the direction of the Gates, all of the ponies that saw her saluted or bowed, and she made sure to tell them all to be at ease, if only as a courtesy rather than necessity. Luna had positioned her camp strategically to the position of the Gates. Close enough to get there in a hurry, but far enough that anything dangerous that could break through would not immediately fall on a camp of unprepared guards. She traversed the strip of land between the tents and the edges of a gaping crevice that was set into the ground, jagged and sudden, a mar on the otherwise green landscape. The large stone doors were set at the bottom of a large staircase, one that was carved deep into the rock sides of the steep drop. Luna descended into the darkness, the torches that lined the walls illuminating her way. The spiral stairs curved down to an incredible depth, one needed to keep the secrecy of the Gates from any passersby. The sound of her shoes clicking on the stone filled her ears. As the sun’s light gave way to the flickering shadow, Luna began to feel the magic of the Gates, a subtle thing that pressed against her coat.

Reaching the bottom, Luna gazed around the small chamber. The Gates stood a short distance away, carved directly into the rock wall. A large black form prowled in front of them now, as the clicking of claws on stone filled the air. With a flash, Measured Fact appeared in front of Luna. “Progress report, Five,” She asked it, and the Golem dutifully replied, wisps of magic streaming from its open mouth.

“All is normal, Princess,” It said blandly. “The breach has not grown in size. All golems will continue to monitor and assess.”

“Thank you Five,” Luna inclined her head. “Dismissed.” With a stiff bow, and another flash, the Golem had disappeared back into the darkness.

“I don’t like this,” Luna whispered to herself as the stared at the Gates. “Not at all.”

-----

“I really hope Fluttershy has something for this headache,” Spike bemoaned as he kicked a pebble on the path. “Maybe I’m getting sick or something,” He mused, once again rubbing his aching temple with a claw. That combined with the sunshine stinging his eyes had only worsened his mood, to the point that his face seemed permanently fixed in a half grimace. This was not the way he had wanted to start out the day. Thankfully, the walk over the Fluttershy’s cottage was short, and even if he had gone slowly, it was not that long. He was getting closer to Fluttershy’s abode now, a minute away at most, and he was starting to recognize the vibrant animal life that always surrounded the pegasus’ home. Mostly it was small birds, flitting about here and there, but he also spotted some chipmunks, and even what he thought was a weasel in the undergrowth near the path.

Stepping up onto the front porch, Spike shooed away a robin that had decided his green spines were a tree before knocking. He heard some commotion inside, before the sound of someone trotting towards the door. It opened a crack, and a green eye peered out fearfully, before softening. “Oh hello Spike,” Fluttershy greeted softly as she opened the door further. “What brings you here?”

“I have this splitting headache,” Spike answered, grimacing. “Twilight sent me over here to see if you had anything that could help, and so that I could lend you a claw if you needed one.”

Fluttershy fully opened the door with a smile. “Well that's very kind of you Spike, and I thing I might have just the thing,” She said softly, with a small smile. “Come on in.”

Spike sighed. Finally, a chance at relief. “Thanks a ton, Fluttershy. I owe ya’.” he said sincerely, following the pegasus into the house. The cottage was brightly and cheerfully lit, and Spike was expecting the calm and comforting atmosphere that usually accompanied Fluttershy’s residence. So it was, when he walked into an intense staring match in the front room, he stopped.

Link looked over from where he was lounging on the couch, blinking lazily in greeting, and thumped his tail once. Spike gave a nod back, and Link went back to his position, staring unconcerned at the other three occupants of the room, who were squished into the far corner, as far away from him as they could get.

“Apple Bloom? Sweetie Belle? Scootaloo?” Spike looked over at the three fillies, who were doing their best impression of a colored blob as they huddled as tightly together. “What are you guys doing here?” All three fillies tore their frightened gaze away from the giant wolf opposite them to stare at the dragon that had just entered.

After a moment of waiting, Spike threw up his claws. “I can’t deal with this right now,” He grumbled. “I’m not even gonna’ ask,” He informed the other four occupants of the room, before promptly, and quickly, walking upstairs after the receding hoofbeats of Fluttershy. As the grumpy Spike exited, the staring match continued with renewed intensity. At least, for one side. Link yawned, resting his head back onto the arm rest of the couch, his half lidded eyes pinning the three Cutie Mark Crusaders to the wall.

This staring match had been instigated as soon as Fluttershy had been able to coax the fillies out from the newly mangled bushes and into the house, to sit them down and explain the situation. She had then told the group to “Get along. . . I mean . . . if you want, please,” And had gone off to finish some of the chores around her property. Link, being unable to be the first one to start the conversation, had taken to lying in his favorite position on the couch and just watching the reactions of his staring match “opponents”. Their faces, he had to admit, when he had first yawned and showed his canines, had been rather funny. Link liked kids, and always had had a touch with them, but that was back when he could actually talk, and was the same species. With the language barrier, at least on him, he knew that it was up to the fillies to actually start it off.

The staring match for the Cutie Mark Crusaders, on the other hand, was a completely different experience. They had been able to come to a unanimous decision, without even saying anything, that they would stay as far as possible from the huge wolf. In two thirds of the group’s minds, that was perfectly fine. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were content to stay in this position. Scootaloo on the other hand, had the devious hand of curiosity gnawing at her, and the rest of her mind was fighting a losing battle. Link saw it on her face, and had huffed. Finally.

It was with much difficulty and the untangling of limbs that Scootaloo managed to separate herself from her two friends, and stand up. Despite the intense silent protests from Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, Scootaloo took a tentative step forward. “So . . .” She began slowly. “You're a wolf, right?” She asked, her brain failing to come up with a better start to the pseudo-conversation. Link nodded slowly, raising his head off of the armrest to focus on the orange filly. At the feeling of his blue eyes boring into her, Scootaloo’s ears flattened further onto her skull and she swallowed nervously. But she had decided to talk to Link, and that was what she was going to do.

“So,” she started again. “Now that that is out of the way,” She scuffed a front hoof awkwardly on the floor. “I was wondering, well . . .” the orange filly trailed off nervously. Link tilted his head.

-----

“Thanks Fluttershy,” Spike smiled gratefully. “You are a lifesaver!”

The yellow pegasus smiled shyly at the compliment before shooing him towards the door. “Just remember to mix a bit in with your drink every morning and night,” she called, beginning the task of putting away various medicines back into the cabinet.

“I will!” Spike assured over his shoulder as he started down the stairs, eyeing the small box he was holding. Shrugging, and wincing as his headache flared again, he stepped onto the ground floor, and immediately his ears were accosted by the sound of giggling. Blinking in surprise and taking an involuntary step back, Spike watched the scene in front of him. It could not have been more than a couple minutes, but the standoff he had seen coming into the house had completely flipped.

Applebloom and Sweetie had not moved a muscle since he had last seen them, still smooshed into the corner together. Link and Scootaloo however, seemed to have gotten over the initial stumbling blocks and were having a great time together. Scootaloo was currently riding on the wolf’s back as he shook his body violently, sending her rag-dolling as she hung on to his thick mane. She was giggling up a storm, and the sparkle in Link’s eyes hinted that he enjoyed it as well. With an equally terrified and happy scream, Scootaloo was flipped onto the floor as Link rolled over, dislodging her from his fur. The large wolf then proceeded to lie of top of her, and with a squeal, Scootaloo vanished under his bulk. After a second of muffled protests, Link shifted his weight and let the top half of the orange filly pop out near his stomach, gasping for breath in between her laughs.

Spike looked over to the other two fillies, pointing to where Link was now tickling Scootaloo’s stomach with his large nose. They both shot terrified and borderline disgusted looks back at him, obvious reactions to what was occurring feet away. Shrugging, Spike inched his way around the room to the front door, exiting quickly. “Good for them,” He thought.

Inside, Scootaloo finally escaped Link’s treacherous and tickling grasp, rolling across the floor. “Aha!” She shouted triumphantly. Link shifted towards her, his body low to the ground. Unnoticed by both of them, the furious wagging of Link’s tail sent a lamp flying into the wall, where it, thankfully being wood like almost everything else in Fluttershy’s cottage, cracked but did not shatter.

Scootaloo leapt onto the wolf’s face, gripping either side of it with her hooves. Surprised, Link’s first reaction was to immediately drop his weight onto the floor, sending up dust as the floor creaked in protest. Scootaloo used one of her front hooves to start scratching under Link’s ears, which he allowed with a low grumble of pleasure, causing Sweetie Belle to want to hurl.

Then Applebloom stood, and Sweetie looked up in horror at the betrayal. “It,” the yellow filly started, shrugging apologetically. “It looks a bit fun.” She then trotted over to where Scootaloo and Link were lying on the ground. Sweetie Belle looked on with an expression if helplessness.

-----

Measured Fact’s feeling of uneasiness only grew as he entered Sugar Cube Corner. Despite it being a sunny early morning outside, the store was somehow completely dark, except for the light streaming in from the door that he was still half standing in. The sliver of light only showed some pale tile and a few dark blobs that might have been chairs and tables. Closing the door slowly behind him, Fact settled into the darkness in a crouched fighting stance, his muscles tensed. His eyes useless, he flicked his ears back and forth, trying to catch some sound in the blackness. A million possible scenario’s flipped through his mind, and the analyzed them all, ultimately decided not to light his horn as he made his way into the store, inching towards the center of the room.

Fact opened his mouth, about to call out, when he was blinded as someone abruptly switched the lights on. “Surprise!” There is a thunderous shout, and Fact’s magic flares up on instinct. Instantly the hilt of his sword was clenched in his teeth, the green magical blade whipping forward to press against the neck of the pony who popped out in front of him. His eyes were blazing, almost as if lit from within, as he pressed the blade slowly forward. Fact let out an involuntary snarl, still adjusting to the abrupt light change. The pink blob slowly resolved into a pony, one standing on her hind hooves, her other legs thrown into the air in a half surrender, like she was interrupted mid-motion. The mare’s blue eyes are wide and filled with surprise and fear, as they stare back into Fact’s glare. Only when his eyes fully adjusted did the tan stallion recognize the situation.

Sugar Cube Corner had been decked in party paraphernalia, from streamers hanging from each wall to the floating balloons tied to each of the colorful tables arranged around the room. Numerous ponies had popped out from various hiding spots all around the room, all of which were strangers Fact had never seen before, looking on with various degrees of horror. A sloppily painted banner ran across the back wall that read: “Welcome To Ponyville!” Fact straightened, feeling blood rush to his face. He quickly made his blade disappear in a flash of green magic. “I am so sorry Miss Pie,” He apologized. “Are you alright?” He took a step closer, relaxing his stance to inspect the skin where his blade had been resting. He was grateful to see no blood or any other injury. He had held himself back, and he sighed in relief. The other ponies in the room did not seem to share his sentiments, as the feeling of tension in the air was palpable.

“I’m fine!” Pinkie chirped, shaking herself to get rid of the shiver in her tone. “Let’s get this party started!” She shouted, finally finishing her motion of jumping high into the air. A cannon went off somewhere in the room, sending bright confetti everywhere, effectively lightening the mood, well, like a cannon ball. Cheery music started playing, and Fact tensed again as there was a ragged but strong cheer from the room, and the party started in earnest.

It was as if the little occurrence had never happened. The ponies were dancing and laughing by the flick of a switch. Fact was bombarded with friendly greetings and introductions, and he was glad he didn't have to pay much attention, as his memory was filing it all down anyway. He made sure to respond courteously, if a bit stiffly, trying to dispel the awful first impression he had given. He managed to squeeze out of the crowd, making his way over to the snack table that had been set up on one side of the room. He grabbed a cup and filled it to the brim with punch. He had a feeling he would need a copious amount of disappointingly non-alcoholic drink to make it through the rest of the party.

Fact positioned himself at the end of the table, near the corner, sipping his punch, eyeing the crowd with apprehension. He tried to look as if he was engaged with the festivities, while at the same time doing absolutely nothing himself. So he was surprised when a white mare squeezed into his little corner. A bit annoyed, Fact looked over at the mare before blinking as he recognized her. “Miss Rarity,” He inclined his head in greeting.

“So sorry to intrude into your space like this,” the fashionista apologized honestly. “But it seemed like I wasn’t going to be able to talk to you in a real conversation otherwise,” Rarity took her own sip of punch as Fact responded.

“I understand,” He said. “And you are probably correct,” He allowed, using his magic to push the table over slightly to give them enough room to talk without having to be smashed together. “What do you wish to talk about?”

Rarity’s eyes narrowed as she noted that his style of speech had become more formal, only adding to her previous thought. She decided to broach it carefully though, as his reaction at the surprise a minute ago had been more than a bit unsettling. “You seem to not like crowds,” She said. “It reminds me a lot of Fluttershy, the way you were standing in the corner.”

“Well, yes,” He shrugged a bit. “Admittedly, I am not much of a crowd pony. I don’t fear masses of ponies, as much as just . . .” He waved a hoof. “They make me wary,” He finished with, taking a sip of his drink.

Rarity nodded in understanding. “Now, concerning the start of the party . . .” She let the half question dangle in the air. Fact sighed.

“It was a bit of an overreaction,” He said lamely. “In every respect. I have never been the most relaxed of ponies, and when I am surprised instinct tends to take over.”

“Instinct?” Rarity tilted her head.

Fact thought of the best way to explain it, letting the silence stretch for a second. “You know that I am extremely close to Princess Luna, do you not?” He asked, looking back at the white mare.

“Yes, the way you and her interacted last night was evident. You seem to know each other well.”

“I am,” Fact said. “Luna’s right hand pony. Anything she doesn’t do herself, is me. I am her accountant, paperwork pony, the PR department, her butler, and the head of her personal guard, among other things.” He nodded off the list. “That last one is the most important.”

“Oh, you have a military background?” Rarity asked, curious.

“You could say that,” Fact said slowly. “But onto the most important thing. Being the so close to Luna has make me wary, cautious of most ponies,” He took a drink of punch. “I fear it has made me un-trusting of most everypony, I'm afraid.”

“Why?” Rarity thought it over. “Luna is an alicorn. I would think that any situation you two could get in would be more dangerous for you than her- not that is an insult to your skills,” She added hastily.

“None taken,” Fact tilted his head, and the light reflected off of his glasses in such a way that Rarity couldn’t see his eyes when he next spoke. “Do you know how many assassination attempts before they got to Luna that I have stopped in the past year?” He asked, his voice low and hard.

“No,” Rarity asked, shrinking back a bit at the steel in his tone. “How many?”

“Over a dozen,” He replied, still looking away from her, the glint on his glasses giving him a menacing look. “Far, far too many.” There was a tense silence. After a moment, Rarity offered her apologies and moved away into the crowd. Fact stood in the same corner for most of the party, lost in his own thoughts and only participating when it was absolutely neseessary. He found a but of comfort once Pinkie announced the conclusion of the real festivities and the crowd began to thin. Partially out of guilt for not fully enjoying Pinkie’s thoughtful party, Fact readily volunteered to help with the cleanup, and was quickly conscripted to help clean the floor, a duty he slot himself in and only resurfaced after a few minutes with a long blink as a body levitated past his face.

Measured Fact watched as Pinkie and mint unicorn he didn’t know carried the unconscious Dusk inside, Pinkie clearing a path in the mounds of confetti and streamers while the unicorn levitated the guard with her magic. Fact turned away, grabbing a load of the stuff, dumping it into a trash bag that he held. “Do these parties usually require this much clean up?” He asked over his shoulder.

“Eeyup.” Applejack answered. The orange mare had closed her stall and showed up right as the party was ending, much to her dismay. Even though she hadn’t even participated in the festivities, she still volunteered to stay after with Fact, Rarity, Pinkie, and the aforementioned unicorn, who was probably leaving after she dumped Dusk onto a bed somewhere.

“Well, at least the punch is good,” Fact levitated over a glass and took a drink, while he continued scooping confetti into the black plastic trash bags.

“If you don’t mind my saying so Fact,” Applejack said tilting up her hat. “You seem much more at ease now that t,he party is over.”

Fact waited to answer, watching as, like he had guessed, the mint unicorn mare trot out the front door after saying goodbye to Pinkie. He ripped down one of the blackout curtains from a window, responding. “I feel better with people that I know and trust.”

“Trust?” Applejack said from her position near the almost empty refreshments table. She grabbed one of the remaining cupcakes, shoving it into her mouth as she spoke, spitting crumbs onto the floor. “Y’all just barely met us last night,” she said, eyeing the crumbs she had deposited on the floor.

“I don’t need to have known you for long- here you go Miss Pie.” Fact handed the pink mare the full trash bag before continuing. “You are all Element Bearers and personal friends with Princess Luna. That’s good enough for me,” he shrugged, looking around for more he could do, adjusting his glasses with a hoof.

“Well, I’m glad you feel so at ease around us,” Rarity nodded from her place on the other side of the room, using her magic to capture a few balloons loitering near the ceiling. “I would hate to make you uncomfortable, since I have a feeling we will be around each other quite a bit in the weeks to come.” Applejack hummed her agreement from the other side of the room.

“Hooray!” Pinkie popped up from behind the main counter. “We’re done!” She announced, as if it was some national holiday. Fact, Rarity, and Applejack noted that indeed, the entire main room of Sugar Cube corner was orderly, with table and chairs all back in their proper places and cleaned.

“Thank you for the party, Miss Pie,” Fact said.

“Oh, it’s nothing!” Pinkie waved off his thanks. “I do one for everypony!”

Fact shrugged. “All the same, I appreciate the thought.” Never mind his actual thoughts on the festivities themselves. It had been nerve racking.

“You’re welcome!” Fact suddenly found his face surrounded by pink as the shorter mare hugged him from across the counter. When she pulled back, he gasped, happy to be able to breathe without the hair from Pinkie’s poofy mane getting in the way. Both Applejack and Rarity stifled giggles as Fact adjusted his glasses once more, clearly uncomfortable with what happened. Pinkie, oblivious to his discomfort, hopped cheerfully in the back room.

“Well,” Fact cleared his throat. He let the one word hang in the air, not sure what to say. Rarity snorted at this, before quickly clamping a hoof over her muzzle. Applejack walked up the tan stallion.

“Not used to much pony to pony contact, are ya’?” She asked.

“No,” Fact answered. “It’s not really my thing.”

“I can tell,” Applejack turned back to Rarity. “I gotta’ to get back to my stall, could you show Fact around? Can’t have a newcomer go without seeing the town.”

Rarity gasped theatrically, holding a hoof to her chest. “I cannot believe you Applejack! Asking me give him a tour he hasn’t even asked for yet!” Applejack raised an eyebrow, looking at Fact. He took the hint.

“Miss Rarity, would you like to show me around town?”

“I would be delighted, darling!” Rarity beamed, and Applejack rolled her eyes, mumbling something under her breath before trotting out the door. “Right this way,” Rarity sung as she followed. Fact shook his head before jogging out to catch the mare.

“So, where to first?” Fact asked as caught up with his guide, who was practically prancing along, beaming in the sunshine. He moved his head side to side, letting his eyes roam over everything. He felt the mental map being constructed, even if he wasn’t really paying attention.

“Well,” Rarity quipped. “I have a spa appointment in ten minutes, and-”

“That’s the real reason you wanted to leave with me, isn’t it?” Fact hedged.

“Well,” Rarity bit her lip, trying to hold back her words. But the fashionista in her couldn’t. “Just look at your mane!” She blurted. The words came out in a stream after that. “It’s messy beyond belief, and while that look might work for you, it is way to long for your face and body type! A little trim and some styling would do wonders!”

Fact frowned, levitating a long strand of hair in front of his eyes. “It’s not that bad,” He defended.

“You have three natural tones there, Fact! Three!” Rarity exclaimed, exasperated. “A stunning mix of copper, chestnut, and mahogany. You have the mane that half of Canterlot would die for! If you were to let a stylist work with it, it would shine!” Her eyes grew wide at the prospect. “And with a new brush to your coat, you would look absolutely stunning.”

Fact shrugged. “I’ve never paid much attention to my looks, except for anything really formal, but that was more Luna’s responsibility. I just planned the events.”

Rarity clucked her tongue in disappointment. “Well, you will certainly pay attention now. I’m taking you to the spa, and after that the salon.”

Fact tried to stop her, searching for excuses. “I don’t have any bits. I couldn’t possibly pay for it all.”

“Nonsense!” His white companion gasped. “I will cover it all!”

Fact sputtered, watching his excuse go down in flames. “B- but, Miss Rarity, I-”

Rarity shut his mouth with one hoof. “Don’t mention it!” She tittered. “It was my idea after all. I can’t pass up the opportunity to help a pony in need of my fashion expertise,” She tossed her mane over her shoulder with a hoof, in an obviously practiced maneuver. “Come now,” she sang. “The spa awaits!”

Author's Note:

Holy crap I procrastinated this chapter. Last day of April but its here! I hope you enjoy. As ever, if you find any problems PM me or comment, and I will get to it when I can. I hope to get the next chapter out sooner as school starts to die down :twilightsheepish: