• Published 19th Jul 2014
  • 4,324 Views, 82 Comments

Ratchet and Clank: The Equine World - Richer19



Taking place after the events of Into the Nexus, our heroes discover a new planet after following a distress signal. What they find...well let's just say that it is not what they expected.

  • ...
8
 82
 4,324

Chapter 6: Train Battle

"Ratchet I do not think that this is a good idea." Clank remark as they are grinding along the rail line being pulled by the train.

"Ah you worry too much Clank. Can't a Lombax have a bit of fun?" Ratchet reply, a grin on his face as he let out a cheer of delight. It had been sometime since he just let loose with a bit of reckless behavior and he could feel the stress leaving his body. Still he knew that Clank wasn't comfortable with him performing such high risk actions especially when the only thing keeping him in place was a magnetic anchor. When the train got to a straight part of the rail, he looks back and says "But we are on important business." He hums a bit as he fiddles with his Swingshot. He jumps up and feels the Swingshot pulling him towards the target. Once close enough, he activated his Hover Boots and uses the propulsion to hop over the Swingshot target; disengaging the line at the same time and coming to land right on top of the train. He bent his knees and put a hand to the roof of the car to stabilize himself as he activates his Magnetic Boots to anchor himself onto the metal car.

The moment that Ratchet stood up, he saw a massive blue wave of energy moving towards him. He brings his wrench up to block it just as the wave hits him. To his surprise, he doesn't feel any effects and was confused as to what happened before Clank suddenly shouts "WARNING. HIGH TEMPORAL DISRUBTION DETECTED."

"Clank what is going on?" Ratchet asks before his senses, honed from years of hero work and commando training, alerted him of something. Quickly ducking behind a large piece of metal that he swore wasn't there before. He saw to his shock a force of Blarg and DreadZone bots were on and around the train; their weapons pointing at him.

Letting out a growl, Ratchet pulled out his Omega Dual Omniblasters and starts shooting back. He took his time, making sure to shoot just enough shots to destroy his target before moving onto the next one. However time was not on his side as he saw the cover he was using being eaten away by the second. Looking around, he spies another solid piece of cover and makes a dive for it just as the first cover was destroyed.

Taking a moment to catch his breath, he looks back at Clank and yells "You mind telling me what Blarg and DreadZone troops are doing here!"

Clank reply "That blue wave was some kind of temporal disruption wave. However I do not know how it was able to pull enemies from our past."

Looking over the cover, Ratchet takes out his Mega B-11 Vaporizer and fires a bomb that destroyed a large group of approaching enemies. Ducking back into cover he asks "Do you think this world could be having an effect?"

"It is entirely possible." Clank remark "Sigmund told me that this planet was suffering from high temporal abnormalities yet he was unable to discover the cause of it."

"Guess we will find out soon enough once we get to the castle." Ratchet replied as he shoots another bomb to destroy another group of enemies. A quick glance shows that the numbers were thinning but he couldn't stay behind this cover for long and there wasn't another piece of cover close by. Letting out a sigh he adds "Any ideas Clank?"

Clank went silent for a few moments giving Ratchet time to switch to his Omega Dual Omniblasters and pick off some more troops. After a few seconds he says "I am detecting some kind of energy field around those enemies Ratchet."

"What kind of energy field? It can't be a defensive one since they take the same amount of shots as in the past."

"I think the energy field is keeping these enemies on this planet. There is a device on the front of the train that my scans indicated is generating that energy."

"So if we take out the device it should force them back to their own time period?"

"That is correct though I am only 70% sure that will happen. There is a 30% chance that by destroying the device will cause a feedback and possibly kill us."

Ratchet smiles and pulls out his Mega Duel Raptors saying "Well that is better odds the we usually have. Come on Clank." With that he hops over the wall and trades hard cover for speed to avoid enemy attacks. This caught them off guard for a few moments, giving Ratchet time to pour a burst of heated laser fire at a few of them. He hops over the gap between each car as he uses his agility to dodge what fire he could. Still it was a bit of a slog as the limited ground meant Ratchet couldn't dodge all of the fire. He let out a grunt as he feels his Nanotech being drained to patch up the wounds that his armor didn't fully absorb.

When he got to the middle of the train, Ratchet hears the sounds of blades chopping through the air. Not a second later, three attack helicopters appear from behind the mountain their guns already spinning and trained onto the Lombax. While the sight would have given some pause Ratchet smiled as he quickly pulls out his Omega Judicator and fires. The helicopters were close enough that the they were all hit by the rockets. Unable to stabilize themselves after taking such a hit, they crash into each other and ended up exploding in mid air. However one of the pieces landed on top of the train. Looking at the wreckage, Ratchet let out a sigh before saying "Looks like we are going to have to continue through the train."

Hopping down, he uses his wrench to pry open the door. Inside, he saw that most of the ponies were in full armor. However, they were not moving which giving it some thought made sense to the Lombax. After all if that blue wave was some kind of temporal disruption then it would make sense that those who didn't have temporal immunity like himself and Clank would be frozen in time. "Still why is the train still moving if everyone on board is stuck in time?"

"Perhaps the temporal distributor was modify to only work on organic beings." Clank offer as a theory.

"But why do that..." Ratchet was about to ask before he felt the train suddenly pick up speed. The question he was about to ask answered as he shouted "They're going to crash this train into the city!"

Getting back on his feet, Ratchet sprinted his way through the train cars. Due to the limited space and ponies, he was force to use less destructive weaponry like Omega Dual Omniblasters and Omega Mag-Net Cannon. His opposition consisted of some more DreadZone robots but were now supported by robot ninjas.

After blasting his way to the front of the train, he saw a robot pirate working on what appeared to be small comms tower that was glowing with that same blue color that the temporal wave had. Before the pirate could react, Ratchet put a Omniblaster shot into its head causing it to disappear. Moving quickly, he starts working the controls on the train to slow it down while Clank went to work disabling the device. Ratchet was able to find the brakes and pulled on it as hard as he could just as Clank finished rerouting the systems into a feedback loop causing the device to overload and shut down. Both of those happen just as the train was about to crash into the station and the two heroes let out a breath of relief as the felt the train slow down to come to a safe stop.

Clank did a quick scan before saying "Temporal disruption seems to have been lowered Ratchet but I'm detecting more of them inside the city."

Ratchet smiles as he moves to the compartment door saying "Aw come on Clank what's the worst that could happen."

Opening the door, Ratchet learned to pick his words carefully as he saw the state Canterlot was in.