• Published 19th Jul 2014
  • 4,326 Views, 82 Comments

Ratchet and Clank: The Equine World - Richer19



Taking place after the events of Into the Nexus, our heroes discover a new planet after following a distress signal. What they find...well let's just say that it is not what they expected.

  • ...
8
 82
 4,326

Chapter 5: Speed run through Ponyvile

As the four were walking into town, it was becoming more obvious that things...were not as normal as the ponies were use to. For starters, for some odd reason or another random crates started to materialize into existence almost spawning from some pocket dimension or from the resident party pony. While the simple wooden crates were the more common; there were some that contained that strange Nanotech to ones that would explode if you touched them. One mail pony was currently in the hospital after discovering those types though it was by luck that she was going to recover.

Those crates couple with the arrival of two aliens was more than enough to cause the rather superstitious residents to clear the streets and bare their doors. Looking around as mares dragged what no doubt were foals into homes; Ratchet made the comment "This town usually like this?"

Twilight gives an apologetic smile before saying "Kind of, I would have hoped that after the whole Zecora thing they would have at least been more welcoming. Then again Ponyville has been known as the source of all sorts of crazy stuff." Ratchet could only nod in understanding even though he had no idea who or what a 'Zecora' is.

Never the less it didn't take long for them to reach the town center only to find some strange creatures were harassing a few other ponies. One of them was an orange pony with no wings or a horn. She was wearing a brown hat and was currently trying to kick one of those creatures only for it to clamp down on her leg. She would have started to freak out had not the other non wing non horn pony with a more pink coloration stepped in and knocked the creature off with...both Ratchet and Clank had to tilt their head as for a moment they thought they saw said pony holding the old Walloper. Shaking their head, they saw that the last two ponies, one that had wings like Rainbow and was in a yellow pink color scheme and the other having a horn but no wings and having a color scheme of white and purple. They were doing their best to help any of the other ponies into that large building where they hoped it would be safer.

The creatures as Ratchet also quickly identified as the toads that were native to his home world of Veldin turn their sights on them. Letting out an almost unified croak; they begin to hop their way over. Still while Twilight seemed a bit nervous and Rainbow more than eager to get into a brawl; Ratchet wasn't willing to let them get into danger on his watch. Sure the toads were more of an annoyance then anything but there was always the chance one of them could get lucky. So with that in mind, he quickly shouted "I got this." before running head long towards them; his wrench already tight in hand.

Coming up to the first one, he uses his momentum to deliver a front-hand swing knocking the toad out and causing it to dissolve into mini-nanotech and bolts. The mini-nanotech flowed into his armor just as he delivers a back-hand swing on another repeating the same effect. The third got the final hit of Ratchet's simple try and true combo as he grips the wrench with both hands to deliver a stronger swing. The last two who were bringing up the rear both were in a surprise as Ratchet brings his arm back before throwing his wrench towards them. The throwing weapons knocks the two toads on their back and using the inbuilt magnetic grip to return the wrench back to his hand. Seeing that was the last of them; the Lombax let out a sigh before relaxing his grip and saying "That seems to be all of them."

Twilight had seen how athletic he was so it wasn't too much of a surprise for her. However the other girls were slack jawed at not only how efficient he was but also how skilled he appear. After all while those toads were an annoyance they seemed to be a challenge for ponies to handle. Rainbow, in her usual headfirst manner quickly flew up to Ratchet and said "That was so awesome. You like totally kick their flanks like it was nothing."

Ratchet rubs the back of his head and replies "Aw it was nothing really. All part of being a hero." He didn't wanted to mentioned that he had faced much worse than a couple of toads. Still the fact that they were here was off putting to say the least. Looking over at Clank, he asks "Clank could you do a quick scan of the area for signs of temporal disruption. "

Clank nodded his head and began sensing to see if he could pick up anything that would imply a temporal disturbance. While he was doing so, Ratchet felt it was a good idea to meet with the other ponies. Of course the moment he thought of that; he found that his vision was suddenly overwhelmed by pink as a high pitch voice says "Hi there. My name is Pinkie Pie. What's your name mister strange lynx."

Ratchet took a step back; his eyes widen a bit as he tried to make sense of what the pink pony had just said. However, it would seem that she wasn't the only one who was eager to meet him as the yellow pegasus flew up to him and said in a quiet but just as eager voice "Oh my. I don't think I've ever seen a lynx like you before. I mean I've taken care of a few of them a while back but none of them were able to do what you could do."

Ratchet felt himself get more embarrassed before saying "I'm not a lynx. I'm a lombax and my name is Ratchet." Before he could have a chance to explain himself further, he felt Clank hopping back onto his back. Turning his head, he asks "So what did you find out buddy?"

Clank paused for a moment before replying "Temporal Disruption appears to be much higher than standard acceptable parameters. I have just contacted Sigmund for a more through scan and perhaps to begin temporal repairs but he seems to be having a hard time locating this planet. We may have to find another way to restore temporal balance here."

Ratchet nods his head in understanding before saying "Then going to find the source of that signal is our best bet." He looks back at Twilight and asks "Since things seems to have calmed down enough, do you mind leading us to the train station so we can be on our way." He felt a bit bad that he couldn't spend more time here with the ponies which was a feeling the other mares seem to agree upon but his training demanded that he figure out the source of the problem and fix it. Then he could relax without having to worry about any unexpected danger.

Twilight, more or less understanding why he was in a rush, nodded in agreement before pointing in a direction and saying "If you just keep going straight then you should be at the station. I believe that the next train to Canterlot will be arriving in a couple of minutes." Ratchet nodded his head and with a simple flex of his feet activated his Hover boots. He heard a collective gasp of surprised as he was suddenly suspended into the air and he gives them a final wave before speeding off.

He could over hear the pink pony shouting "Wait but what about your 'Saving Ponyvile Party?!" While a party did sound nice, he was more focused on the source of this beacon and getting to the bottom of this temporal distortion.

When we arrived at the train station, he saw the train was already starting to leave. While a bit put off at first, he then noticed the swing shot target that was hovering at the end of the caboose. Smiling, he activated his gadget and fired it watching the green energy line move at sonic speed. He feels it attach to the target but he lets out a gasp as he feels himself being tugged by the train before he could have a chance to activate the retractor. Letting out a small scream, he activated the grind function of his hover boots and landed on the rails. Now that scream turned into one of joy, with still a mild bit of panic from Clank, as he began to ride the rails while the train pulled him onwards.

Author's Note:

Finally got an idea of how I want to take this story now which is a good thing.