• Published 19th Jul 2014
  • 4,326 Views, 82 Comments

Ratchet and Clank: The Equine World - Richer19



Taking place after the events of Into the Nexus, our heroes discover a new planet after following a distress signal. What they find...well let's just say that it is not what they expected.

  • ...
8
 82
 4,326

Chapter 4: Intro and New Mission

"So let me get this straight." Twilight asked as she looked at the robot "You two are some kind of intergalactic heroes who saved the galaxy on multiple occasions."

"That is correct Miss Sparkle." Clank responded. He was a little curious as to where the conversation was going to go after they introduce each other and he recounted some of their adventures.

To his mild surprise, he saw Twilight shaking her head as if confused before saying "I'm sorry. I just have a hard time believing that you all came from another planet or that, or that there are hundreds of other life out there. I do have to wonder why none of us have heard about this until now though."

Ratchet, who was currently doing some work on Aphelion said "Well to be fair, we wouldn't have discovered your planet without that distress signal you were broadcasting." He looked over at the Alicorn and found that she still had a confused look on her face. He waited for a bit before adding in a questioning tone "You do know what a distress signal is...right?" When she shook her head, the lombax felt his own confusion and curiosity starting to rise as well. If she didn't know about a distress signal...then who on this planet did.

Looking back at the ship, he said "Aphelion is the distress signal still active." Twilight and Spike let out a gasp when they heard a female voice from out of nowhere respond "Affirmative." Nodding his head, he placed one of his hands on his Nav-Unit before saying "Good. Triangulate the signal and key it into my Nav-Unit. Best way we are going to find some answers is to find the source of this signal." There were a series of beeps before the green triangle on his belt flashes three times indicating that he got a lock on the signal.

All of this happened in the spam of a few seconds and while Twilight was bursting with questions; her attention was focused on Rainbow Dash who was starting to stir after hearing those beeping sounds. Looking around, she saw Twilight and Spike looking at her with a concern expression before her gaze traveled to what looked like a furry creature and a metal...thing. Looking back at Twilight, she said in a soft voice "What happened." Twilight explained to Dash the events that had happened while Spike helped the daredevil back onto her hooves. Once Twilight was finished, Dash looked over at Ratchet and Clank before saying "Look because you attacked me and my friends I don't trust you; but considering that you did heal me...I guess I can give you a second chance. Just know that I will be keeping a close eye on you two." The duo nodded their heads in understanding.

Ratchet then started to stretch before saying "Whelp I think it's about time we got started. Ready Clank?" Clank nods his head and moves back to the lombax. The Equestrians watched as the robot jumps up before folding himself into a box before attaching himself on the back of Ratchet. Satisfied that Clank was secure, Ratchet starts to make his way towards the source of the signal.

However they didn't get very far before Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Spike all came in front of them. Curious as to what was going on, Ratchet pauses for a moment with a questioning gaze on his face. It didn't take long before Twilight said "And where do you think you are going?"
Ratchet pondered wither or not to answer the question. It wasn't really that difficult to figure out considering they were on an unexplored world with not a lot of means to help them. Coming to a decision, he points out in a direction before saying "Well we came to this planet tracking a signal and according to our computers the source is coming from that direction." Ratchet looks in that direction and sees that it was pointing towards a mountain range. However a surprised gasp from the three locals gave him a moment to take a closer look. What he saw was that situated on the side of a mountain was a city that even had what looked like a castle inside of the walls. Tilting his head, and wondering how such a thing was possible, he at least knew that there was a strong chance that the signal was coming from the city and not somewhere in the mountains.

Looking back at the locals, he asked "Is there a transport or a shuttle that could take me to that city?" The three of them looked at each other, perhaps discussing what to do before Spike says "Do you promise not to hurt anypony else?" Ratchet nods his head and that seems to calm the three down a bit before Twilight adds "Well there is a train that goes from Ponyville to Canterlot. That is probably your best chance."
While Ratchet was trying to makes sense of the strange names, Clank says "Thank you Miss. May we by chance ask that you assist us in leading us to where the train station is located?" Twilight and the others nod their heads and soon the three were making their way towards Ponyville.

Author's Note:

So yeah...I've been more focused on getting done with collage then actually writing fan fic. I know its not much of an excuse but that is really the only one I have. Also I apologize that the length of this chapter isn't as long as most would have hoped for given the huge hiatus.