• Published 18th Jul 2014
  • 1,872 Views, 22 Comments

The Incredible Automated Stallion - The Infinity Doctor



The life of a self-sustaining, Shock Jockey-powered horse isn't a very lively one...he stands, and he walks, that was about it- until an angel presents him with the opportunity to escape his torment.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,872

Chapter 5

The white object sitting on the stallion stared at her, its red eye unblinking as its perch floated through the sea of grasses. Its gaze was menacing, giving her a glare that said 'Put a hoof out of line and I'll end you'. She knew what it was scheming though, as soon as she let her guard down, the thing would fill her with holes, just like it did with her hat.

'On that note, I'll need to get it repaired...' she thought, still locked in a staring contest with the red-eyed creature.

Her thoughts then wandered, taking some initiative and breaking eye contact with it. Instead, she wondered about the wheels on the strange stallion's legs- he couldn't be handicapped, could he? If it was, surely it'd be in a cart? Not have the axle of the wheels go right through it's bucking hindlegs!!!

The mere thought of it made her stomach churn. How it got here or where it came from were both mysteries to her, one more to add to the pile was the odd, crackling, jagged sphere of purple lightning inside the glass casing attached to its form. It made her wonder what exactly the lightning was, only pegasi controlled weather- and even then...it just wasn't possible! It was impossible to literally corral lightning into a box as small as that! It made her head spin, and resolved that she'd find out on her own, if not for the sake of her sanity. The creature currently pulling her wagon seemed...off...to her- it looked like a pony, it walked like a pony, it could even (almost) talk like a pony. So what was the problem? IT WASN'T A PONY!!

*Ahem*

Not that she was speceist, of course, she enjoyed performing for griffons and minotaurs alike- as well as the other groups she encountered on her perpetual journey, it really depended on which city she stopped in.

Speaking of cities...she didn't have a clue as to how she was going to explain (or how they'd even react) to the stallion-like creature in Baltimare...in hindsight, she really didn't think that through all the way...

'I suppose I'll figure that out when I get there...' she sighed inwardly, the wagon hopping as it struck a stone in the path. As a result, the wagon rocked, forcing the creature's saddlebags to collide with her side. Curiosity took hold, and she wondered what could be
inside. She thought to take a brief look, but quickly dismissed it when she realized the white creature was still staring at her- its red eye still unblinking. She shuddered, then pushed the bag back across the seat.


He swung his head anxiously, the wagon stopped for lunch, and himself disconnected from the harness of the wagon. The rays of the sun washed over the earth, coating the sky in a shade of blue almost the color of the blue pony, who he'd learned was quote 'The Great and Powerful Trixie' unquote. He turned, and spied the mare herself, occupied with a pot hanging over a firepit she'd constructed, a small fire blazing away inside the small ring of rocks. She stirred the mixture with a wooden ladel, the contents of the pot sloshing a bit. The ladel raised itself from the pot, surrounded by a light blue aura.

'They have vigors here, too?' he wondered, curiously watching the blue mare.

The ladel raised itself to her lips, and it tipped back, slipping the liquid into her mouth. A faint grimace ran across her muzzle as she picked up a small bowl, the ladel dipping into the pot. She filled it, and the ladel set itself back into the pot, the blue aura disappearing. She was about to partake of the soup, when she noticed his gaze upon her.

"Well?" she asked.

'Well what?' he thought.

"If you're going to eat, you'd better do it now," she said, rolling her eyes "soon as I'm finished, I'm cleaning up, and then we're back on the road"

He trotted forward, and took a bowl from beside the mare. The bowl picked itself up, and before he knew it, the ladel was pouring soup into his bowl. The items re-placed themselves, the ladel in the pot, and the bowl on the ground before him. He and Trixie stared at each other for a moment.

"Let's face it, if you tried to do that yourself, we would've been here all day" she said, answering the unasked question.

He nodded, knowing that she was correct, one way or another. Setting himself closer to the ground, his muzzle dove into the bowl, sloshing soup all over the ground and himself. He rose, and the two of them locked eyes. He smiled sheepishly, bending his hoof to wipe some of the soup from his muzzle as a few drops slid down the back of his throat, through the cracks in his metal shell, and absorbed by the dirt underfoot.

'Don't know quite exactly why I did that...' he thought in retrospect 'but, didn't hurt to try'

She cocked an eyebrow, and appeared to be unamused.

She said nothing as she set her bowl and spoon down, and lit her horn, smothering the fire.

Author's Note:

Are you still there?

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this one :twilightsmile: