• ...
61
 811
 14,384

We got you a chapter-title, but Ben eated it!

Camron stopped at Ben’s side, and shifted his body so that he could get a look at him. Snapping his fingers in front of Ben’s face, Camron tried to bring him out of his dazed stupor.

“God dammit, Ben! Wake the fuck up!” Out of desperation, he just shook his fist in front of Ben’s face. Then, something started to growl. A large hand enveloped Camron’s neck as Ben’s eyes narrowed, but still kept their far-off look. As Ben got to his feet and kept Camron at eye level, he felt himself rise into the air by a considerable amount.

At this point, Doug had rushed down the stairs to assess the situation. He gawked at the scene before him, which was Ben holding Camron by the neck in mid-air. “GUYS! BEN’S SNAPPED, GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE! ASAP!”

The next guy through the door was Isaac. He arrived in time to see Camron lose consciousness.

“Ben, snap out of it man! We’re your friends!” Doug shouted. Ben heard this, but was failing to acknowledge it.

“Ben, you need to calm down. He is not your brother, he is Camron, your friend,” Isaac insisted.

Ben continued to stare down at Camron as the glazed, unfocused look in his eyes began to clarify.

“Dude, we’re your buddies. Friends don’t hurt each other!” Doug pleaded with Ben, trying to snap him out of his rage. He began to plead again, but was interrupted by a loud, frightened squeak.

The girls.

Turning his dead gaze to the multi-colored group that just piled into the gym, cocking his head as he saw a few figures with the same color schemes as a few certain ponies that he watched regularly. His own overwhelmed brain made the connection, and it shocked him into coherency. His eyes regaining focus and clarity, Ben snapped his head to what was in his hand. “Camron...?” He muttered, releasing his captive from his hand. Ben stared at Camron’s inert form for a few seconds, before his brain started to work again. “Oh shit, Camron!”

Isaac quickly moved towards Camron, bending down and placing his ear over his mouth, making sure he was still breathing.

“He’s going to be fine. No need to worry.” He reported. “Although I think it’d be best if you brought him to his room, Ben.”

“Afterwards Ben,” Ryan spoke up, walking through the group of girls. “You and I can talk, alright? Better to get this off your chest then to leave it pent up, y'know? It is kinda my job, after all.”

“Yeah... Yeah...” Slowly, Ben reached down and picked up Camron, hoisting him over his shoulder. He made his way out of the gym, averting his eyes from that of the girls, Ryan in tow.

Abruptly stopping at the door, Ryan turned around to face Isaac. Ben turned around too, confused as to why he stopped.

Ryan turned around to face Ben, hearing his footsteps fall silent. “You keep goin’ Ben, I’ll meet you in my bedroom, alright?”

Ben nodded and turned around, slowly making his way down the hall towards Camron’s room. Ryan rounded on Isaac again, a concerned look on his face.

“I’m getting worried Isaac. Those flashbacks of his have been getting worse.”

Isaac opened his mouth to say something, but Kyle came bursting into the room. “Guys! What the hell happened?! I heard yelling!” He looked over everyone, and rubbed the back of his head. “I’d have gotten down here sooner, but I was writing a report for college... And I had my music playing... Really loud. Sorry...”

“Ben had another episode...” Ryan pinched the bridge of his nose. “I’m starting to wonder if his schizophrenia is getting worse...”

Kyle let out a sigh, and leaned his head back, closing his eyes. “Shit... Of course things have to get crazy when these girls come along.” He turned to the girls. “Hey, I’m real sorry about this. We didn’t know something like this would happen...”

Twilight shook her head, and tried to smile. “No, no, it’s... OK. I mean, he couldn’t help it... Right?”

Kyle nodded. “Yeah. When he’s having an ‘episode’ he can’t control his actions. He basically isn’t ‘Ben’ while it’s happening.”

“So what in tarnation is makin’ him go all crazy like that anyways?” AJ cocked her eyebrow.

“Like I said, schizophrenia.” Kyle scratched his chin. “It’s a mental condition. It pretty much causes you to have these attacks, and when it happens, you lose your hold on reality. What we were seeing wasn’t what Ben was seeing. God knows what he thought was going on. For all we know, he thought Camron was some guy trying to hurt him or something. We can ask him later.”

“But how could somebody have such a condition?” Everyone’s attention turned to Fluttershy, who shrank a little bit. “I mean, isn’t there a cure...?”

Ryan shook his head. “No. There’s medication to suppress it, but I don’t think there’s a way to cure it. It’s something a person has to live with.”

“That sounds...” Rarity looked to the floor, casting about for a word to use. “Well, to be frank, it sounds absolutely terrible.”

“Yeah, no shit.” Kyle stretched, and yawned. “Oh man, I’m tired... Hey, hows about we all get back to bed? We can talk about this more tomorrow...”

Ben came walking back down, he stretched his arms out, groaning a bit in his speech. “What’s this talking about something tomorrow...?”

The girls seemed to shift from feeling concerned to awkward and tense.

Ben dropped his arms, almost sensing the sudden shift of emotions. His bloodshot eyes scanned the group curiously. “Guys... What were you talking about?”

Isaac shifted his weight to the other foot. “Well Ben, we were talking about you. The girls were curious about what was happening.”

Ben’s face distorted into confusion, and he shook his head a bit. “Then why was I feeling like someone was talking behind my back? It got that weird silence when I came back into the room.”

Kyle decided to jump in to defuse the situation before anything went wrong. “Probably because you just have that instinct, you know? Like, if someone’s talking about you, and you’re not there, they’re talking behind your back? I would know, I used to be like that.”

Ben shrugged. “I guess. I mean, if you girls were talking about my condition, don’t act like you weren’t. I mean, I had to bring it up with you sometime. Anyway, where’s Laura...?” Suddenly, the memory of what had snapped him out of his episode in the first place resurfaced. They had the colorings of the characters in MLP, right down to their hair. Even the names. Laura easily could sound like Lyra. Jackie? That’s not even trying hard to cloud itself. She had to be AJ. Ben turned to his friends, and motioned to them. “Guys, I gotta tell you something. Let's go over to that equipment room real quick.” Ben turned to the group of girls. “Ladies, please excuse us.”

Ben huddled all of the guys into the small room, all of them voicing small protests along the way. Kyle was the first one to get outright mad. “Ben, what the hell?!”

Ben raised his eyebrow at Kyle. “Kyle, I will politely ask you to shut the fuck up so I can talk.”

“Uh...” Kyle rolled his eyes. “Alright. But I don’t see why we had to huddle in here...”

“Well that’s it,” Ben motioned to the door leading to where the girls were waiting, “it’s about them. I think that they actually are the ponies they’ve cosplayed as. I mean, just hear me out, I’ve got a bunch of reasons why.”

Kyle raised his brow at this, and opened his mouth to say something, but thought better of it. He nodded. “Well, out with it then.”

Ben nodded. “Alright, so my first piece of evidence is their names. Laura? Easily turns into the pronunciation of Lyra. And Jackie. I don’t even think I need to explain why she’s AJ. Penny has been called Pinkie once or twice by AJ. Also, explain why she acts like Pinkie Pie all the time. Ditzy Doo? Well, she’s Debby. For Christ’s sake, her last name is Bubbles. Vinyl Scratch? Torrie. While the name might not match, her eyes and hair all fit to a T same as the rest of them. I mean, I think those are real eyes, not contacts, and unless she’s albino, I doubt there’s any other way to explain that. RD? Robin. Robin Wonder. Gee, where’s the proof in that? I mean, think about all of that. The proof is almost crystal clear, guys. Crazier bullshit’s been done to us.”

Kyle closed his eyes, and went into deep thought. “OK. That’s it. I’m taking the wheel from here, Ben.” He threw the door open, and marched out to the girls. “That’s it, you’re all hiding something from us, and God dammit, you’re gonna tell me.”

The girls all looked at each other, and then back to Kyle. Twilight stepped forward. “What, are you planning to interrogate us?”

Kyle nodded, and then narrowed his eyes. “That’s a good way to put it, yes. This is an interrogation, and all of you are gonna answer my questions.”

Twilight furrowed her brow. “This is ridiculous!”

Kyle crossed his arms. “I don’t care. Now, first question: Where the hell are all of you from, and why are you here?”

“We already told you, we’re from Canada. We’re here because we just got out of a convention!”
An evil grin grew on Kyle’s face. “You’re lying to me. I was researching earlier. There are no conventions around here for at least three more months. But enough about that for a second... What city are you from?”

Twilight flinched. “Uh... Well...” She had no idea what to say. She only knew about Canada because it had been mentioned a few times in the show. She didn’t know any of the cities. “Well... The capital!”

Kyle started tapping his finger on his arm. “The name of said capital is...?”

Twilight took a deep breath. “Sorry, I’m having a hard time remembering. It’s a- Uh, confusing name.”

“Mhm. Sure. Next up: Since you couldn’t have gone to a convention, why do you all have your hair like that?”

“Well, we like the show too! We like the characters, so much that we dress up like them.” Twilight smiled, and Kyle was getting even angrier.

“Right...” He gritted his teeth. “Well... What’s the full name of the show?”

Twilight’s smile faded. She’d only heard it referred to as MLP, but she connected the dots fairly quickly. “My Little Pony?”

“What’s the rest of the name?” Kyle paused for a moment. “And the slogan, for that matter?”

Twilight quickly surmised that it would probably be what she’d learned after meeting her friends. “Friendship is Magic?”

“Dammit. You got it...” Kyle closed his eyes and sighed. “Hm...OK. What was the first episode?”

“Uh...” Twilight was completely stumped. The first day of their lives? When they got their Cutie Marks? When she became Celestia’s student? “It was...”

Kyle’s evil smile returned as he began to tap his foot impatiently. “Go on...”

“I...” Twilight was drawing a complete blank. She had no idea what to say. There were too many possibilities. “I don’t know.” She frantically tried to think of something to say as an excuse. “We don’t watch the show, we just like the characters.”

“But how could you like the characters if you don’t watch the show?” Kyle cocked his eyebrow. “Hm?”

Twilight thought up a good excuse. “We read stories about them...?”

“Right...Fanfiction...Damn, you’re good, I’ll give you that,” Kyle leaned in a bit, “Twilight.”

“Oh, thank you-” Twilight clasped her hands over her mouth.

“I knew it!” Kyle fist pumped. “You think you’re Twilight! Well...” Kyle looked over the other girls. “What about the rest of you?”

Applejack rubbed her eyes, and sighed. “Well, Ah’ reckon you got us. We ain’t humans. We’re ponies...”

Kyle’s arms fell to his side. “You can’t be serious.”

Rainbow Dash shrugged. “Hey, come on, it can’t be that crazy, can it?”

“Told you guys,” Ben stepped into the room, a smug grin adorning his face, “I’m right. They’re ponies.”

Kyle threw his arms up into the air. “Are you listening to yourself?! You honestly think these girls are magical talking ponies from a colorful land free of conflict and all that shit?”

“Actually, Kyle...” Isaac pulled a slip of paper out of his pocket. “Ben’s right. I did a test on a strand of Pinkie’s hair. That’s not pink dye. Her hair is naturally pink.”

Ben’s smug grin faded a bit as he turned to Isaac. “Dude. I appreciate that you’re backing me up, but that’s-”

Isaac held up a hand to stop him. “Creepy? I know. But I was curious, because their hair looked too real to be dyed.”

“Have you all gone fucking crazy?!” Kyle grabbed his head. “The ponies aren’t REAL! But... I mean... The hair test... This doesn’t make any sense. I just... They can’t be real...” He straightened up, and his face went blank. “OK. Whatever. I’m going to my room.” He walked off.

Ben stood there for a few seconds with his shoulders hunched over. Twilight cleared her throat, staring at the door where Kyle just left. “Is he going to be okay?”

Ben waved his hand at her. “Don’t worry, he’ll be fine, Twilight.”

“Well,” Ryan spoke up. “This is awkward.” He scratched the side of his head. “I need to sleep on this. See you guys in the morning. The usual for breakfast?” Ben and Isaac nodded. “Right, and I’m guessing you girls are vegetarians...?” Each of them nodded back in turn. “Christ, another migraine coming on...” He slowly made his way through the group of girls, heading back to his room.

“P-Pinkie...?” Doug muttered, pointing towards the pink-haired girl. She nodded in reply with a toothy grin on her face. Doug sputtered gibberish for a few seconds, “Must... Not... Faint... Huurrk...” and then fell backwards as stiff as a plank. Many facepalms were awarded to him.

“Wait...” Ben’s face broke into a manic grin. “You’re all ponies. You’re all ponies, and I was right and not seeing things! Yes, SUCCESS!” Running forward, he scooped the humanized ponies into one huge bear hug. “SANITY BEAR HUG!”

“BEN!” Ryan called down the hall. “Remember the last time you gave someone a bear hug?”

Ben didn’t put the group down. “But this time it’s seven people! It’s different!”

“Remember the last time you said that as well?” Ryan called back.

“Oh, all right...” Ben sat the oxygen-deprived girls down. Grumbling under his breath, he turned back through the doorway. “No, Ben, you can’t hug this. No Ben, you can’t hug that. Ben, stop hugging things...”

Isaac chuckled, “Well, I suppose we should all return to our rooms, and like Ryan said, discuss this more tomorrow over breakfast.” He bent down and picked up the rigid body, hoisting him onto his shoulder. “I’ve got ‘plank Doug’ over here, you girls go ahead and head back to sleep. Twilight, I’ll see you in my room soon, I would like to discuss a couple of things with you...if you don’t mind that is?”

Twilight smiled, “Sure.” She said walking out of the gym.

“Jeez, Doug, you’re not the best smelling person in the world...” Isaac coughed a couple of times. Doug only responded with incoherent gibberish. “Right...” He let out an exhausted sigh.

“No he doesn’t! He smells like cupcakes!” Pinkie Pie said, appearing in front of Isaac’s face.

Isaac just ignored her and began walking out of the basement with Pinkie Pie hopping happily behind. “Yup, that’s definitely Pinkie...”

~~~~~~~~~~

Ben walked into his room, still preoccupied with the idea of animated marshmallow ponies actually being in his world. Scanning around, he saw the figure of Lyra sprawled out on the bed.

“How the hell is she still asleep?”

~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle sat on his bed, his face buried in his knees, crying. After storming off from the gym, he’d begun to think. His train of thought went back to three years ago. When something terrible happened to him.

“I fucked up real good...” He leaned his head back, staring at his ceiling. “What the hell did I do to deserve that? More importantly, what did SHE do to deserve that? She never did anything to anybody, so why?”

Suddenly, a few knocks on his door rang through his room. “Kyle...?” It was Rainbow. “Hey, can I come in? Maybe we could talk about this?”

The last thing Kyle wanted to do was talk to any of the girls. “No. Go away.”

“But-”

“GO AWAY!” Kyle rubbed his eyes. “I don’t wanna talk to anybody right now. Just... Just go away.”

A long silence followed. He kept staring at his door, hoping that there wouldn’t be another response. Footsteps leading away told him that Rainbow did as she was told. He went back to his thoughts, and began his slow descent into the darkness of his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

Marcus had slept through the whole thing. It’s not like he wanted to be a part of any drama anyways. After years of pretty much being a shrink to his friends online, he had developed a sense of isolationism. He had resolved conflicts between friends, saved relationships, reputations, and even lives. He had his own problems but no one had ever seen them. He never really trusted anyone, especially when his emotional state was the matter at hand.

He basically lived a lie since he was 15.

All everyone ever saw was a happy face. A facade, that's all it was. Not a single person aside from his mother had known what had broken him down and caused his emotional state to become so fragile.

Marcus sat up in bed after a rather troubling dream and sighed into his hands. The dream reminded him of days long since gone, but had left a horrible scar. He looked at the long scars on his left arm, reminders of what had happened long ago. A few tears fell to decorate the slight valleys that were his failed suicide attempts.

"How could I have been so stupid?" He said to himself, a bittersweet smile adorning his face. "I still have people to help..."

He swung his legs out of bed and he stood, walking over to his door. On the way, he stopped by the mannequin that held his Yokai. It was black with golden trim. Strapped to the waist was a matching set of Katana, Wakazashi, and Tanto.

"Heh...Shelled out way too much money for this. Totally worth it, though."

He walked past it and opened the door to see a startled Flora who let out a squeak.

"Oh! M-Marcus! You um...You missed Ben...He had an episode..."

"Oh? Damn fool, forgot to take his medicine again. I try to warn him, but NOOO! He has to go against my advice!"

Marcus kept grumbling to himself and walked into the bathroom where he slammed the door. This made his pink haired friend jump.

She waited patiently for Marcus to get done in the bathroom before following him into his bedroom.

“You ready for bed, Flora?”

She simply nodded and sat down on his bed while he dug around in his closet.

“Let’s see....Where the hell did I put that cot...?”

Fluttershy sat on his bed and looked around at everything Marcus has decorating his room. Her eyes wandered from the Japanese maps, to the weapons, to the scrolls hanging from the walls. Above his bed hung a Naginata and a Nodachi. Katanas were positioned on racks around the room, each one a different colour. There were three large scrolls with a single Japanese character on them.

The one beside the door was 力.

The one above his computer was 希望.

The one beside his headboard was 愛.

Fluttershy looked over to the man digging in his closet. “Marcus...? What do those scrolls say...?”

Marcus dragged a medium sized cot from his closet and got it ready. “The one by the door stands for strength. I look at that every day before I leave my room so that I know what I need. The one over my computer means hope. I chose that one there because I’ve been given hope through technology. It would always give me a reason to keep going, even when my day turned out to be crap. The one over my bed is love. Some people think that I put it there because that’s where love is made, but naw. I chose to put it there to remind me that I live with people who love me. It’s by my bed so it will be the last thing I think about before I go to bed.”

“That’s...very interesting, Marcus. But...why in a different language?”

“Hah! Everyone asks me that! I chose Japanese because I love the culture. Plus, they have different honorifics or suffixes to add to a name to show someone’s status in relation to yourself! I think it’s really neat. Oh, and their technology. It’s so advanced in comparison to America’s.”

“Oh, I see...”

“Anyways, we should probably head to bed.”

“Yeah...Oh, Marcus?”

“What’s up?”

“You...Um....Wouldn’t happen to have any pajamas I can borrow...W-would you...?”

“Err, not exactly pajamas, but I have something you can wear. It’s...” Marcus’ eyes flitted back and forth. “Not exactly the most appealing thing, though....”

“It’s okay. But um...I would like something else to wear...Sleeping in clothes I’m going to wear tomorrow feels....Weird...”

“Alright, gimme a sec.”

Marcus walked over to his dresser and dug out some clothing. He handed it to Fluttershy and stepped out of the room, allowing her to change. A few minutes passed before Fluttershy told him he could come back in.

Marcus was shocked to see how cute she was, although, it was to be expected. He had given her what he wears to bed every night: One of his T-Shirts and a pair of boxer shorts. The shirt was a bit big for her, considering Marcus’ build.

“Alrighty!” Marcus clapped his hands together and turned off the light. “Bedtime!”

He and Fluttershy got comfortable, Marcus on the cot, Fluttershy on his bed, and they drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

Isaac walked into Doug’s room and plopped him down onto the rug on the floor. Pinkie dog-piled onto him, causing him to wake up and see the toothy-grinned Pinkie laying on top of him. This, once again, caused him to faint.

“Awww... Time for sleep already...?” Pinkie turned towards Isaac and asked, putting on her puppy face.

Isaac simply smirked and nodded and walked out of the room, eager to get his own share of sleep. Pinkie got up and jumped onto the bed a couple of times before getting bored. She slumped against her pillow and began snoozing immediately. A few minutes after drifting to sleep, her head slipped onto the edge of the bed, leaving her mane to ruffle against Doug’s face. He crumpled up his nose, and mumbled in his sleep, “Frosting... Cake... Nummmy...” As he began to dream of tasty treats and a certain pink pony.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ryan closed the door to his bedroom, walking over to the balcony door and proceeding outside, leaning against the railing. He gazed out over the forest below him, his balcony hanging just above the tree line, letting the air clear his mind. He brought his hand up to his head and rubbed his temples, trying to make sense of Ben’s outburst.

“Okay. So. Ponies. Real ponies. Ugh. Why does this hurt...” Sighing in agitation, he sat himself down on a nearby deck chair, cupping his head in his hands. “How in the hell is this even remotely possible? Not that I’m complaining but... I’m talking to myself again. Great. Ah well, talking to yourself is scientifically proven to make you smarter! Screw you Isaac! I can be insane and smart!”

Reveling in his victory, Ryan stood up and leaned against the rail again, grinning madly as he looked over the edge.

“I. Am. Victorious!”

“Um... Ryan?” A voice from behind spoke.

Ryan jumped into the air and spun around, clutching his chest. His eyes darted around madly before resting on Rarity. After seeing her, he smiled slightly, before letting go of his chest. He kicked off his shoes and turned around, resting his hands on the balcony again. In one swift movement, he swung his legs over the edge and plummeted off the balcony...

… Straight into the swimming pool below.

He went under for ten seconds before swimming back to the surface, poking his head out and looking back up to his balcony.

“I’m very happy I chose that balcony y’know.” He said in a casual tone. “Whenever I feel like I’m in the mood to jump off a balcony, I can just go without any worries. Because, y’know, who doesn’t get the urge to jump off a balcony every once in awhile?” Rarity just continued to look at him with a mixture of horror and confusion.

“I. Regret. NOTHING!” Ryan proclaimed, before diving back underneath the surface of the water again.

Rarity stood there for a moment longer, staring in absolute shock, before spinning around, placing her hand on her forehead and falling over the balcony, straight down into the swimming pool.

“Shit...”

~~~~~~~~~~

Ditzy sat on the side of Camron’s bed, swinging her legs and looking around the room.

“Sheesh, how long does one person stay knocked out?”

As if an answer to her question, Camron’s eyes popped open. He just laid there, staring at his ceiling for a second, before he said anything.

“I got knocked tha’ fug out, didn’t I?”

Ditzy nodded. “Yeah, you did. But hey, you’re awake now, and I can’t sleep. What do we do now?”

Camron’s stomach growled with the volume of a thousand narwhals baconing at once.

“I think I could go for something to eat.”

Ditzy pointed to the plate of muffins sitting on the nightstand next to the bed. “What about those?”

Camron looked at them, and stared for a second or two, feeling like he was forgetting something. “I... Guess so. Why not?”

Ditzy grabbed two of the muffins, handing one to Camron. She went to bite into her muffin, but stopped when she got a whiff of the smell.

“These smell kinda funny.”

Camron shrugged. “They’re homemade. Maybe that’s why?”

“Guess so... Bottoms up!”

They both bit into their muffins, not realizing they were snacking on Camron’s special pot muffins.

~~~~~~~~~~

After the whole incident with Ben, Coal, followed by Applejack, silently walked back to his room to finish sleeping off the rest of the night. She noticed a concerned look on his face and asked him what was wrong, but was answered with a “Just leave it be”. She wanted to press further, but felt it better to just ask when they wake up.

Coal opened the door and glanced to his computer. He let out a sigh before moving towards his blanket and pillow that was placed neatly on the floor beside the bed. Applejack plopped onto his bed and was about to lay back when Coal began speaking.

“I can’t believe this... I thought I gave this up... Why is this all coming back now...?” Coal said out loud to himself as he laid down and pulled his covers over him. Applejack overheard him and asked what he meant by that.

He sighed and answered tiredly, “For a long while when I was younger, I was really into the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic thing,” He paused to yawn, and then continued. “I was reading fan fiction, writing my own fan fiction, and even had some merchandise. I was all into that. Then, one day, it pretty much hit me.”

“What did?”

“That I had more important things to worry about. A.K.A., school, a job, my family, and life, in general. I guess I just sort of grew out of it.”

Applejack nodded, “Ah can understand that, family is more important than anythin' to me. Do ya think y'all will ever get back in ta' it?”

Coal simply shrugged, “I don't know. Only time will tell, I suppose. G'night, Jackie.” he said before drifting into slumber.

AJ sighed as she plopped her head on the pillow and pulled her covers over her.

“G'night, Coal.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow knocked on Kyle’s door again. She’d been doing so for the past ten minutes, and he wasn’t responding at all. She was getting a little worried. After trying to talk to him the first time, it took her a minute to realize that she was supposed to be staying in Kyle’s room.

“Come on, Kyle, lemme in! What’d I do?”

“FUCK. OFF.”

That wasn’t the reaction she was expecting at all. “Jeez, you don’t gotta be so rude! Why’re you so mad anyways? What’d we do?”

“I said... FUCK. OFF.”

“Would you stop being such an asshole and just open the door?! You can’t stay locked in there forever!”

“Like hell I can’t!”

Rainbow rolled her eyes, and headed downstairs to the living room, flopping down on the couch.

“What a jerk. Making me sleep on the couch like this...” Rainbow’s sulking was interrupted by a sudden growl from her stomach. “Great…” She sighed at her own carelessness, having eaten barely anything all day. “Wonder what’s in the fridge.”

She got up and made her way to the fridge, only to stop up when she heard a sound from the kitchen. She peered in, and saw a large shadow on the wall.

“Oh god, it’s the worm!” She whispered to herself. Penumbra was not helping right now. “Just one more reason to be pissed at Kyle right now...”

It was writhing and twisting on the wall. It looked like it was going to attack her. She went into a fighting stance and prepared herself for the inevitable face-off... only to have the battle abruptly stop when the fridge-door closed and revealed Kasper standing with an armful of various foods.

Silence.

Kasper was the first to break it, saying. “Ehm… Care for a granola bar?”

It took Rainbow a few moments to realize what was happening. Her stomach gave a clear growl in affirmation. “Yes please… Wait, what are you doing here?” Kasper glanced at the food and then at Rainbow. “No, I mean, why are you up at this time? I didn’t see you when Ben had that breakdown…”

“Ben had another attack, huh?” She nodded. “I should stop listening to loud music when I write. Gotta have some form of situational awareness I guess. Guess that explains why Vin suddenly left the room...Wait, why didn’t she tell me?” He let out a small sigh. “Well, I had to work when we were eating dinner and I’m feeling quite hungry, so there’s my excuse. Why aren’t you asleep?”

“That bastard Kyle locked me out of his room, and he won’t let me back in. I have to sleep on the couch.”

Kasper glanced at the calendar on the wall. “Ah, it’s that date. Don’t worry he’ll come around in a little while.” Kasper trailed off for a bit, before proclaiming, “Now then! About that granola bar. Can I offer a warmer couch as well? I was supposed to sleep on my own couch with Vin using my bed, but I don’t think I’m gonna sleep anyways. That damn article is giving me trouble. At the very least, my room is warmer than the living room.”

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. “You have a couch in your room? Why?”

“The question is: Why not? Come on, my room is upstairs.”

At the promise of a nicer couch, Rainbow followed Kasper upstairs to his room. She suddenly remembered an odd detail. They never actually showed Kasper’s room in the show. He would always just retire to his room. Wonder what it looks like?

Kasper’s room was… Well… Rainbow could safely say that Vinyl had found her soulmate. There was sound equipment and other devices, such as wires and things Rainbow couldn’t name, scattered around the room. And if the snoozing Vinyl on the bed was any indication, Vinyl had taken to it pretty well.

“Here’s the couch, make yourself at home. I’ll be on my computer, writing, if you need anything.” Kasper said as he made his way to his desk. Halfway there, he stopped up. “And again, don’t worry about Kyle. He’ll come around.”

Already laying on the couch, Rainbow groaned. “Seriously, what’s his deal?!”

Kasper let out a small sigh as he sat down in his chair. “That’s not up to me to say, sadly. If he wants to tell you, he’ll do so. If not, please don’t press the issue too much. Goodnight.” He sat down at his desk, muttering under his breath. “I never had to deal with these kind of things back in Europe... Wonder what happened?”

Rainbow decided to drop the issues as Kasper had said and closed her eyes.

The couch was pretty comfy.


T/N: Hey, Traveler's note. I'm gonna make sure that these suckers get to working more often on this, and try to organize it for faster efficiency.
- Sean Nathaniel Brandenburg (Nathan Traveler)

I DONT LIKE THIS STORY AND I THINK THAT I SHOULD JUST TAKE OUT BY BELT AND WHIPO THE LIVING BALLS OUT OF IT. ALSO, JELLO PUDDING. THAT IS ALL.
-The Producer