• ...
61
 811
 14,384

My Little Person

A few young men got together and sat down at a deserted table at Starbucks. They had purchased their respective drinks and were sitting there for a few minutes, playing a game of cards or finishing up any last text messages they had to send to friends, co-workers, or bosses.

These men were the shining example of friends sticking together from teenagers to young adults. Although, one or two of them were a bit older than the rest.

Each of these men had their own story on how their lives were changed by each other. Some had travelled across the ocean to live together, while others simply flew across the continent... but that’s not the point we’re getting to. These men were bored. Every day passed by like a blur. It was like watching sand slowly fill up a cup, but immediately being dumped into a bin once it was full. Rinse and repeat. They needed something new, something to recolor the childish innovation they once had.

One of them finished checking his email on his phone, and pocketed it. “So, what’s up guys?” A few voices cracked as they started, and they simultaneously answered, “The usual, Camron.”

Camron responded with a grunt, then kicked his legs up onto the table. “We’ve seriously gotta plan something exciting! Something new! I swear, every time I get out of bed, everything seems to get grayer and grayer.”

A scrawny voice responded, “Well, what do you expect? We’ve got jobs now. I go to college.” A few of them added on with a ‘mhm’ at the mention of college.

“I hardly have time to spend when I’m passing between intense research and my other hobbies. My PhD isn’t going to earn itself,” Isaac said with a tired expression, rubbing his temples.

“Yeah Cam’, the majority of us didn’t learn how to become millionaires at the age of fifteen,” Ryan quipped, taking a sip of Pepsi and shuffling his cards to start another game of solitaire.

Coal lazily looked over the top of the article he was reading at the time, slightly raising an eyebrow at the comment that Ryan had just made. He just let out a small huff and turned the page.

A large man sitting across from Coal leaned back and tucked his hands behind his head. He said, “You know Coal, if you just participated sometimes in the conversations we have, people wouldn’t think you were such a stick-in-the-mud.”

Coal set his paper in his lap, and took a drink of his coffee. “If I had anything to say, I would.”

Ben chuckled and kept his posture of nonchalance. He said, “So you’re just telling me you’re an inanimate stick-in-the-mud? Or are you saying you just can’t talk about anything with that miasma of boring that seems to follow you around?”

Coal shrugged and immediately went back to reading his paper, looking uninterested.

“Aw, lay off him. He’s actually being productive in our down time. A skill that not all of us seem to possess,” Isaac chided, tilting his head toward Doug.

“Oi! I can be productive...most of the time...when I’m not gaming...” Doug retaliated, but realizing his attempt was feeble, he put on the best troll face he could manage.

After a few laughs, everyone turned their attention back towards Camron, who appeared to be looking around for something.

“Well Cam’, what do you think we should do to make our lives a little more interesting?” Isaac asked. “Enlighten us.”

Benjamin, who was sitting across from Coal, leaned back even further on his chair, making it squeak and creak in protest.

“Perhaps you guys should get girlfriends. That’d be a change,” Benjamin stated in a bored voice.

“Yeah, maybe for you and ‘Mr. Sweet Talker’ over there, it’s easy. The rest of us aren’t as skilled in the subject of getting a girlfriend, nor asking one out,” Doug said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Well...sit back and watch, because I’m only going to show you once and only once.” Camron pointed to a young, blonde woman who appeared to be nineteen or so, who was waiting in line for her cup of coffee. “You see that babe? You gotta go out there and reach out to her...not sit around and expect her to come to you! Watch and learn.” He pushed his chair in and began to walk towards the woman. The group muffled their chuckles, as they were waiting to see what mischief their friend was going to cause.

Camron casually strolled up to the lady and waited alongside her. He occasionally checked his watch, pretending to be preoccupied with something. After a few moments, an audible ‘ding’ was heard and a drink was placed on the counter. The woman began to reach for it, but Camron swiftly picked it up and drank from it. The woman turned to him, coughed softly, and tapped his shoulder.

“Yes?” replied Camron, the drink still in his hand.

“I believe that you’ve taken my drink, mistaking it as yours,” she innocently pointed out.

“Oh!” Camron looked down at the side of the cup and pretended he took the wrong drink. “I’m terribly sorry. I am usually more careful than this.”

All of a sudden, a deep, gruff voice was heard from behind him. “Hey babe, this guy messing with you?”

Camron muttered under his voice, “Aw, cabbage patch kids.” He spun around and says, “Ah, um, hello there...sir. You see, I accidentally-”

“Shut the hell up, punk, and get the hell out of the store before I get tired of your face.” Several chairs screech and a group of men come to Camron’s aid.

“Oi, who the hell are you to talk to Camron like that?” The owner of the voice calmly cracks a few knuckles, then cracks his neck as well. A large, buff guy, towering over the other man with a height of roughly 6’10. Benjamin, an ex-boxer.

“I’m not a fighter, but I’m sure I wouldn’t have many issues teaching you a lesson with my friends here,” announced Doug, matter-of-factly. Isaac nodded in agreement while cleaning his nails with the butterfly knife that seemingly materialized in his hands.

“Hey! You! Big lug! I can sue you right now if I wanted, and probably pin a murder on your ass.” Kyle pulled out his pen and notepad, a passionate fire burning in his eyes, ready to Lawyer the man to no end.

“Sir, I’m gonna have to escort you out of the mall if you plan on making a scene.” A radio switched on and the faint crackle of static hummed in the background. Marcus seemed quite badass at that moment.

Camron looked up and smirked, “Looks like you’re shit outta luck. It’d be best if you just walk out right now. Take the girl with you too.” Camron then gave the girl a ten, and mouthed, ‘sorry for the whole mess,’ with a wink. She nodded solemnly and they turned to leave. The gang held their breath as the pair exited through the door. They released their breaths, and patted each other on the back once the couple disappeared from sight.

“That...that was a close one.”

“I would’ve dropped him right there anyway, if he wanted to try anything. He would been out like a light before he even noticed it!”

“Yeah, yeah man. Sure.”

“Hey Kasper, why didn’t you try to help out?” Isaac raised an eyebrow toward his still sitting friend.

“Hm?” Kasper pulled out an earbud. “Did something happen?”

The group bursted out laughing and shaking their heads, as the camera panned out and everything faded to black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Next week on My Little Person, find out more about Kyle’s dark psyche! 11PM on The Stable!”

Vinyl levitated the remote with her magic and switched off the television, before turning back to the rest of the ponies in the room. “Heeheehee! It’s always something with Kasper, isn’t it?” She said cheerfully.

“Hehe. Y’all shoulda seen his face when Cam heard that there voice! I was ‘bout ta’ spit my drink all over th’ place. That Camron feller sure knows how ta’ get himself in a heck of a ruckus,” replied Applejack, chuckling softly.

“I think Benjamin is quite dashing. I admire how he immediately stood up for Camron, although, the bones clicking does tend to be a little off-putting...” stated Rarity, looking a bit uneasy.

“Yeah right, Rarity. Off-putting? More like awesome!” Lyra had that same passionate, albeit a little creepy, smile.

Ditzy had a goofy grin on her face, one of her eyes looking off to the other side of the room. “Wish I had some of those muffins in the background...”

“I think that Kyle’s pretty cool for standing up to that guy, even if he is so scrawny. He’s got guts, that’s for sure.” Rainbow Dash had a slightly dreamy look on her face, as if she were fantasizing or something of the sort.

A small, relieved smile flitted across Fluttershy’s face. “Um, I’m just glad no one was hurt.”

“Wowwie! I’m glad that big meanie was kicked out, he almost ruined the fun!” Pinkie Pie squee’d in joy as she was bouncing off the walls. A common occurrence for this group of friends to this day.

“So...” Twilight started, standing up and cracking the joints in her legs. “I’ve got something to show you girls. Come here.” She walked over to her saddlebags, everypony else in tow. “I’ve been flipping through some old spellbooks, and I found a spell that can send us into different fictional settings in the form of a dream.”

Vinyl tilted her head in confusion. “So...what? Do you wanna try it or something?”

“Exactly. Now, where do you think I would send us?” Twilight had an eager smile on her face, but Vinyl just cocked her eyebrow.

Vinyl started scratching her chin with her hoof. “Uh...A Daring Do book?” Rainbow Dash’s eyes glimmered for a split second. Twilight facehoofed.

“No...think, we’re HuMares. Fans of My Little Person, and I can send us into a fictional world...” Twilight leaned her head in a bit, expecting Vinyl to get it.

“Uh...” Vinyl shrugged. “I’m drawing a blank. Tell me.”

“Ugh...” Twilight swung her head in exasperation. “I’m talking about Earth, Vinyl. I can put us all in a dreamscape of Earth!”

“Oh! Why didn’t ya say so Twi?” Vinyl hoofpumped and exclaimed, “That would be totally radical!”

“Yeah, Twi! Definitely one of your cooler spells! If this turns out as awesome as it seems, this will go down in my record books as twenty percent cooler than the rest.” Rainbow Dash’s smile was so wide, it could rival even Pinkie’s.

“Ohmygosh! That would be super awesome! We could meet them and have really long parties with them all night long! I could bring my cupcakes and brownies and fudge, and-” Pinkie let out a sudden gasp. “Oh no! I don’t know if they like Chimmi Cherry, or Cherry Changa! Chimmi Cherry, Cherry Changa, Chimmi Cherry, Cherry Changa, Chimmi Cherry-” Pinkie’s rambling was stopped when Applejack shoved her hoof in her mouth.

“Now now, Pinkie, let’s git a hold o’ ourselves, Ah’m sure they’ll like both of those foods...” Applejack said, laughing good-naturedly. She switched back to Twilight and said in a more serious tone, “So, when do we head out?”

Lyra’s crazy grin grew, and she stepped up to Twilight, their faces mere inches away. “Can we go now?!” She squealed loudly and then gasped in revelation, “Wait...I should go get my shirt with Ryan doing the trollface!”

Twilight stopped her in her tracks with her magic. “Easy there, Human-lover. Forget about the shirt, let’s focus on the spell. We can go now if you want. I mean, it’s not that hard to cast this spell. I’ve been practicing it a while.”

Spike popped his head into the doorway. “On ME!”

“The only problem,” she continued, “is that I don’t know how long we’ll be in our ‘dream’, or even if we’ll wake up by ourselves. I think it’s best we tell somepony else, just to be safe.”

“Now hold on a second,” Lyra held up a hoof, “when we enter this ‘dreamscape,’ will we still be ponies? I think it’d be pretty cool if we could go there as humans!”

Rarity’s eyes gleamed, “I’d love the chance to design some new ensembles for us all, and having different bodies would certainly be a challenge worthy of a lady.”

“Now, before we go divin’ on into our minds, Ah agree with Twi. We best tell somepony about this, else we can’t get out.” Said Applejack

“I’ll do it!” Spike said as he came in from the kitchen.

“Really Spike? You don’t want to go as well?”

“Twilight, you know I’m not into My Little Person...” Spike said with a deadpan expression.

“Well, why ARE you here Spike?” Asked Rarity.

“Yeah, why’d you tag along to Vi’s house when you don’t like the show?” Rainbow Dash added, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Well, uh, you see...” Spike looked at Rarity and blushed deeply, before running off to the kitchen.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Ditzy asked. “He came to make those muffins for us!” She pointed to the now empty tray that once contained various snacks for the mares.

Vinyl let her glasses slide down and stared at the tray covered in crumbs. “...We had snacks!?” She exclaimed. ”Life! Y U SO CRUEL!?” She threw her hooves into the air, mimicking Doug.

A few giggles were heard from the MLP-quote, before Twilight began speaking. “Well, seeing as we have somepo- somedragon to look after us, we should be ready to go. Firstly though, we need to think of human names for ourselves. Even though it seems like a dream for us, to them it’s reality and our appearance could affect the show somehow.”

“Could we base our personas off of some of the background people?” Rarity suggested, raising an eyebrow.

“Ah don’t really want tah change how ah act. How ‘bout we just change our names? Don’t see why we’d have tah change our whole per-so-nality,” Applejack countered.

Twilight jumped in the conversation, eyes twinkling. “Looks like we’re settled! I have all the preparations to make at my library...Meet me there in thirty minutes, and get your belongings together.”

Rarity tossed her mane, and said, “I can whip up a few ensembles for us, I’m guessing that what we have on before we go on our little mind trip will be changed to humanized clothing, will it not Twilight?”

Twilight nodded, and said, “That sounds perfect! Even if it is a dream, I wouldn’t want to be naked. Remember girls, thirty minutes.”

Spike popped back in, “Aren’t you always naked?”

Twilight rolled her eyes, and said, “Spike, in that world, they don’t have scales or fur to hide their...reproductive organs. It seems it would most likely be a major faux pas in that world to go nude.”

Pinkie’s face suddenly became extremely serious. She said, “We wouldn’t want that ‘incident’ to spring up again, would we?”

Spike blushed profusely and dejectedly went back to work.

The group of mares filed out of Vinyl’s house with a laugh, each going to get ready, as Twilight began to prepare for the spell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rarity arrived at the Carousel Boutique, barely able to contain her excitement. She gathered up her supplies, and finished crafting the outfits for her friends. The pony with a purple mane turned to her left after she sewed the various outfits. She then wrote on a piece of paper, “Sweetie Belle, I’ll be staying at a friend’s place for the night. I trust you to take care of Opalescence while I’m gone. You know where her food is. Take care. - Rarity” She placed it on the kitchen table and rushed out of the door. The others raced to their houses to make sure that all of their loose ends are covered and cared for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fluttershy approached her house, and quietly opened her front door. Everything was dark, so she called out to Angel. “Angel bunny? Are you there, sweetie?” The light switched on to reveal a bedraggled looking white bunny, thumping his foot against the ground. Fluttershy softly smiled and brought him up for a brief cuddle.

“Mommy’s going away for the night Angel, so I need you to look after the house and the other animals. Will you do that for me?” The bunny rolled his eyes, not surprised she was leaving. Again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pinkie bounced home in record time, her excitement fueling her indefatigable reserves even further. She burst in the front door and hopped up the stairs four at a time. Reaching her room, Pinkie scooped up a mountain of various confections laying about and ate half of it in one bite. The rest, she piled into her saddlebags. How it all fit in there, nopony will ever know. “Mr. and Mrs. Cake! I’m going to go to Twilight’s house for a super special HuMare sleepover! See you tomorrow!~”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow Dash flew home, and immediately flopped down on her couch, made of white, fluffy clouds. So soft...So comfortable...

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt to catch a nap before I go...”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyra rushed home, a crazed look plastered on her face as she magiced the door open. Crashing through her dark house and bumping into random things as she made her way to the bedroom, rousing Bon-Bon from her sleep. She propped herself onto her hooves as Lyra went careening into their closet, coming out a crazed mess covered in MLP regalia. Lyra turned to Bon-Bon and blew her a kiss, saying,

“I am going to have a little MLP party with my HuMare friends. I know you aren’t exactly the biggest fan, so I won’t ask you to come.” Lyra flashed another maddened smile and went banging around in the dark house as Bon-Bon sighed dejectedly and turned off the light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Applejack ran along her orchard and noted that the apple blossoms were just beginning to bloom on the trees. Assuring herself that Big Mac could handle the job of maintaining the fields for one morning without her, AJ sped up to get to the farmhouse. Opening the door carefully, she soundlessly moved up the staircase and got her saddlebags, already filled with various apple products. Going back down to the kitchen, she left a crudely scribbled note telling Big Mac where she was and why she didn’t wake him up to tell him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinyl started stuffing her favorite 45s into her saddlebags, along with a little player for them. She wanted to show the Humans some of her work. “I know how Kyle n’ Benjamin’re into old records and techno...and Kasper listens to music almost all the time...” She let out a small giggle, and got back to grabbing her music, a big, fangirl-y grin on her face the entire time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ditzy flew slowly and unsteadily towards her house, a large smile adorning her face as she made her way home. Landing with more than an ungainly thump, she staggered and opened the front door. Making her way to the kitchen, she put a large assortment of muffins inside of her saddlebags, popping one in her mouth and placing it on the kitchen table for Dinky. Trotting up the steps just past the living room, she nosed the door open to Dinky’s room.

Smiling, she woke her foal up with a gentle nuzzle and whispered into the still half-asleep child’s ear, “Dinky, my little muffin. Momma is going to go see her friends for the night. I left you a muffin for breakfast if I don’t make it back to the house in time. Remember, Momma loves you.”

Ditzy flew out of Dinky’s window lazily, drifting towards Twilight’s house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight clapped her hooves together with the glee only a fangirl could muster as her horn created a vortex of activity around her. Reagents, books, and chalk adorned and piled all around the floor and the walls. Spike was still sitting on Twilight’s back, the only place left where he could not get struck by a flying tome.

She explained to Spike after a long time of preparing the spell, “Now Spike, I’m going to leave this chalk rune here,” She pointed to a complex-looking rune situated near the edge of the sitting room inside of the library, “I want you to set it on fire if I make my horn flash three times in quick succession. That, or if we are asleep for more than the night, wake us up if the sun starts to rise, okay?” Spike nodded and ducked as a book whizzed by his head.

After Twilight put the finishing touches on the spell, the rest of the HuMare group showed up, Rarity toting an assortment of outfits, and the rest bringing their own things that they wanted to bring to the dreamscape. Rarity passed out the perfectly fitting outfits tailored to each pony’s coat and mane color. The mares gratefully accepted the exquisite clothes and donned them hastily. A few words were exchanged and before long, the fangirls found themselves ready to enter the dreamscape.

Twilight instructed the girls to lie down in a line and clear out their heads to get ready for the spell. Muttering out some incantations from a huge spellbook dominating the area in front of the stairwell, Twilight activated the spell, and took her position in the middle of the line of pony fanfillies. Closing her eyes and activating the beginning of the spell, Twilight felt like her body was being sucked into her navel.

Spike peeked around the corner, looking curiously at the line of ponies, and was suddenly blinded by a violent flash of white that went out to the corners of the room. It was then abruptly sucked back into the central point, and it disappeared with a deafening boom.