• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 2,378 Views, 24 Comments

The True Story of Pinkie's Childhood - MistyShineStar

  • ...
4
 24
 2,378

Healing

Pinkie stared out of the sterile, white room into the hallway in her wheelchair. She hadn't left that room for at least two weeks. No, not because of stern doctors or parents. Not because she wasn't completely cured yet. She didn't come out for the simple reason that she didn't want to. "Why not?" you may ask. That's what Pinkie was wondering.

She still didn't leave the room. She instead ran her hoof gingerly across the hard surgical band on her hoof that read, "Pinkamena Diane Pie, May 3, 2010". That was when her birthday was? She wasn't even sure anymore. She seemed to have forgotten almost everything she once knew about herself. She kept caressing the band with her skinny, frail hoof. She hadn't been eating much anymore. Her appetite had left her, along with Gummy.

Her vision snapped suddenly back up into the hallway. Her eyes were dull, and all the life seemed to have been sucked out of them. Life...she wasn't even sure what the point was anymore. A simple toy somepony had made for their own sadistic enjoyment, watching ponies suffer hopelessly in the world that they had created while they rocked with laughter. Life was cold and unforgiving. But while life was so cruel and harsh, it had a decieving enchantment that kept ponies living. The constant hope that life would someday get better. The fear that the afterlife was possibly cruel. Perhaps the fact that they would miss their friends and family. Family. Ha! She had no family.

Pinkie's real mum was terrible and unforgiving and her adoptive mother was a lying pig.

The demented teenager laughed out loud to herself. Audibly. Loud enough for anyone to hear. It was high pitched and screechy. She sounded absolutely nuts as she began to scream in laughter, and the nurses stared at her. She squeezed her eyes shut, tears rolling down her cheeks. Tears from laughing so much, or perhaps from cryptic sadness. No, both. She gasped for breath and continued to laugh giddily. Soon, the laughter died, and she opened her eyes. Her eyes met with confused and perhaps fearful ones staring back at her.

"You think I'm crazy!" she said out loud, in between a couple of more giggles. "I'll tell you what's crazy! The fact that people any bother with life! It's just a trap, a cage!" Anypony could see that Pinkie had lost her poor, sensitive mind.

Pinkie shook her head, looking down, and giggled once more. She rolled out of the room, her wheels squeaking against the dirty, hard floor. The ponies watching were absolutely speechless of the act she had just pulled. They had no idea what they thought of what she had said. Good thing I left them amazed! Pinkie thought. That's how you should leave an audience.

She wheeled until she came to the entrance, the white desk pony next to her typing on a type writer. The pony pushed up her ebony glasses before noticing Pinkamena staring out the window. "Do you wanna check out?" she asked sweetly, gesturing towards the door.

"I need to think it over," Pinkie said, surprisingly in a passive, smooth tone.

She kept staring out the window, her mouth hanging open. She saw fillies outside playing happily in Celestia's golden, warm rays. They thought their sun goddess was generous and forgiving. She was righteous. Pinkie wanted to smile at their poor, young innocence, but she couldn't bring herself to smile anymore. She saw a rather chubby filly outside, eating the berries on the bushes hungrily.

"Yes," she finally said, nodding her head slowly and rythymically. "I'd like to check out for just a moment."

The white pony nodded, and Pinkie signed her name on the check out list.

Pinkie rolled outside. The sunlight was blinding. The large mass of the sun was hot. It was trying to mock her, and trick her into thinking that life could be decent. No. It wasn't. She wouldn't fall for it. She scoffed at the sun defiantly, and then looked into another part of the sky; where a blue pegasus was, practicing her flight tricks as she dived down to the earth and landed in front of Pinkie.

Pinkie squeaked. She hadn't expected the pegasus to notice her staring. "I'm sorry!" she said.

The rainbow-maned pegasus flipped her hair and stared in surprise. "Why?"

"I-"

"Shh, doesn't matter. Since I'm the awesomest pony ever, I forgive you." She grinned and wrapped a hoof around Pinkie. "You look like you need some joy in your life. Whaddya say we go to that restaurant across the street? On me. Don't say no. I insist. Actually, you should be honoured to have lunch with me!" She smiled in a cocky fashion.

"Okay?" Pinkie said, still staring at the strange, happy mare. She was at a hospital. Why would she be happy? Why would anybody? Life was pointless. Redundant. And why would she wanna help her? This was too sudden. The mare just...dived in. She didn't even know her name yet.

"Alright! It's a date!" The rose eyed pegasus clapped her hooves together. "I'm Rainbow Dash, by the way." She smiled. "C'mon! Let's eat!"

Author's Note:

Another chapter!