• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 2,383 Views, 24 Comments

The True Story of Pinkie's Childhood - MistyShineStar

  • ...
4
 24
 2,383

Back From The Dead

The drowsy Pinkie opened her eyes and lazily looked around. "Mrs. Cake?" She blinked a few times, and remembered what happened. Pinkie sniffed, sitting up, and called out, "Gummy? Are you there?" Her question echoed through the forest, but remained unanswered. She gave another shuttery sigh as her hair deflated. "I'm sorry, Gummy. I miss you so much."

Pinkie went out for a walk for a while. She looked up at the sun and prayed, "Celestia, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things about you. I hope you can forgive me." She looked back down, and kept walking until her hooves met something wet. She gasped and jumped back, seeing she had stumbled upon a swamp. She blinked a couple of times, and then slowly crept forward, noticing a shape in the water. When it emerged, she saw a baby alligator who had not grown in it's teeth yet.

"Gummy?" she stared at the alligator, and picked it up out of the swamp. She tossed it on her back and started talking to it. "Gummy...I'm sad."

"Why, Pinkie Pie?" Pinkie said in a deep voice.

"Mrs. Cake made you die," she sniffed, going back to her normal, high pitched voice.

"That's okay. I'm back now. You can live with me in the swamp!"

Pinkie smiled once more and hugged Gummy tight. The alligator snapped at her mane, causing Pinkie to shout, "Hey! Bad Gummy!"

The alligator remained unresponsive, blinking a couple times.

Pinkie sighed and hugged him once more. "But I can forgive and forget."

The sound of a cart caused Pinkie to perk her ears up. She looked behind her, and there was a police cart following her. "Gummy, run!" She started running away from the police ponies, who were shouting, "Hey! Get back here!" Pinkie responded to this by running even faster. She soon tripped on a root of a tree, and everything went black.

---------------

Pinkie opened her eyes drowsily once again. She was in a hospital bed, with a fiery pain consuming her leg. She screeched at this terrible feeling and started sobbing. "Where's Gummy? I want Gummy! What happened to me?!"

Luckily, Mrs. Cake was right by her side, and she ran her hoof through Pinkie's flat mane. "Sh, shhhh. It's alright, Pinkie. It's okay. You tripped on a branch and fell into a deep ditch. It'll be alright." Surprisingly, she was talking to her normally.

"But where's Gummy? He was on my back, and I was carrying him, and-"

"That alligator? He's fine, Pinkie. We have him. He's right here." She held up the reptile, who stared at Pinkie and blinked.

"Gummy! Oh, Gummy." She hugged him, before eyeing Mrs. Cake accusingly. "You tried to keep Gummy away from me," she said. "You took him. You're going to take him again, aren't you?!"

"No, no!" Mrs Cake shouted, quick to defend herself. "You can keep Gummy. I promise. When we give you the pills, he won't leave, I swear!"

"I don't believe you! You lied to me!" Pinkie slit her eyes.

"It was for your own safety, Pinkie. I want you to be safe." She ran her hoof through Pinkie's hair, but Pinkie smacked it away.

Pinkie looked away from her for quite some time, listening to the beeps of her heart monitor. She finally heard Mrs. Cake get up and silently leave.

Author's Note:

A short chapter, but I haven't updated in a while, so have a thing.