• Published 20th Jul 2014
  • 423 Views, 0 Comments

Rock of Heroes - Nimbus92



When Nimbus and Rainbow Dash run out of ideas for their next adventure they come up with the next great thing, form a live action role playing group!

  • ...
 0
 423

but...it was my idea

"And that's my idea!" Nimbus took his seat besides Biceps (who would be famously known as Bulk Biceps in his adult life) and across from Rainbow Dash, who of which he was talking to about his "idea".

Nimbus smiled and picked his small carton of blue berries off his school tray, pooping one of the delicious blue delights in his mouth. Blue juices squirted out of his mouth when he asked Rainbow Dash once more "Pretty good idea, huh?"

Rainbow Dash leaned over and slapped the small carton out of Nimbus's hoof, spilling all of his blue berries onto the table and few nearby kids' trays. "What idea? You just said" Rainbow Dash was able to impersonate Nimbus's cartoony child voice rather well when she quoted "and that's my idea". Going back to her normal self, Rainbow Dash explained further "then you just took your seat. You told me absolutely nothing!"

Watching one of his blue berries helplessly roll off the table and onto the disgusting cafeteria ground, Nimbus ruffled his mane and looked up as if the events of the past two minutes were playing above his head. "huh...I guess I didn't."

Nimbus reached out for one of his blue berries that had only rolled two seats away from him on the table, but he was instantly stopped when the ugly jagged claw of Gilda grabbed his hoof in a rude way. He looked up to Gilda to see her shaking her head and telling him his blue berry belonged to her now.

Nimbus accepted the loss and returned his attention to the conversation at hoof. "Well, remember how you were complaining that we haven't had an adventure in quite awhile?"

"Yeah..." Rainbow Dash replied. She grabbed her hay burger, taking her first bite after saying "What's that got to do with anything?"

"If we can't find an adventure" Nimbus reached into his bright blue school saddle bag and whipped out a piece of paper with two crudely drawn Pegasus on it, who were sword fighting. Above the image were the words "Hall of Heroes: Live Action Role Playing Group".

Rainbow Dash took the piece of paper into her hooves and read the title out loud. "....What is this?" She waved the loose sheet in Nimbus's face.

"Live Action Role Play! Instead of trying to find an adventure, we make our own adventure! It'll be fun, we'll make our own swords, costumes-" Nimbus was cut short when Rainbow Dash had shoved her hoof into his mouth to shut him up.

"Sounds dumb." Rainbow Dash crumbled up Nimbus's ten minutes of art work and threw it at his head.

The wad of Nimbus's idea bounced off his head. "b-but I worked all night on this..."

"It took you all night to draw a crappy picture of two pegasus fighting with swords?" Rainbow Dash swallowed hard on the dry piece of the hay burger her school called a meal.

Nimbus's ears laid flat and his wings fell to his sides. He was torn apart Rainbow Dash rejection "That's supposed to be us...you and me, and we're not fighting with swords, we're playing." Nimbus took his tray off the table and scooted back out of his seat, leaving Rainbow Dash and the rest of his friends.

Nimbus hovered through the cafeteria walk way and went out the door to the playground made out of solid clouds. There three round newly made solid cloud table a few feet away from the playground. They were seldom used and relatively clean, as far as school tables went. He took his seat at one of them seat his tray down easily, pushing it to the center so he could lay his forelegs across the table and rest his head.

He heard two small clunks beside him, across from where he was sitting. He looked up to see both Biceps and Fluttershy joining him. Biceps was the first one to speak, his small frame, at the time, was perfectly opposite with his loud voice "We'll join your group, Nimbus, won't we, Fluttershy?" Biceps roughly patted on Fluttershy's fragile back.

Fluttershy winced from the strong impact but willing agreed with Biceps's "Y-yes. It actually sounds kind of fun."

Biceps's friendliness and Fluttershy's soft sweet voice was exactly what Nimbus needed to cheer him right up. He let out an adorable smile that could have convinced anypony to buy raffle tickets. "Thanks, guys. You're the best. I can explain everything about the rules and all tomorrow."

***

The next day, Nimbus waited at his usual spot for Rainbow Dash and friends but nopony seemed to be there. It wasn't until both Biceps and Fluttershy came around the corner that Nimbus stopped worrying he was late for school.

"Where have you two been?" Nimbus looked behind the two of them and asked "Where's Rainbow Dash?"

Biceps pushed Fluttershy forward and closer to Nimbus "You lost, rock rips paper, you have to tell him."

How two ponies played rock, paper, scissors was beyond Nimbus but he ignored the question in his head and focused on Fluttershy. "Explain what to me?"

Fluttershy rubbed her left foreleg nervously "R-rainbow....Rainbow Dash....she...she"

Nimbus lowered his shoulders and sighed. He made a "Come on" hoof gesture and said "Spit it out, Fluttershy....We're about to be late for school."

"Rainbow Dash, she umm well..." Fluttershy pulled a small strand of her mane back behind her ear before continuing "She, well...I don't really know how to say this."

"Just tell Nimbus that Rainbow Dash took his Role Playing idea and making her own group, saying it was her original idea." Biceps told Fluttershy until he realized he had already hatched the egg for her. "Oh..oops."

Nimbus's voice rose to the volume of a Timber Wolf roar "SHE DID WHAT?!" He flew off towards the school at the fastest speed Biceps and Fluttershy had ever seen him.

Biceps watched Nimbus rip traffic signs out of the top of the clouds when he flew past them with his raged speed. Biceps stood silently with Fluttershy until Nimbus was barely out of sight, only able to be seen as tiny blue dot. "I think he took that rather well..."

***

There were Pegasai from Rainbow Dash's class, some of who she had never even knew existed, wanting to sign up for her group. Needless to mention, she was enjoying all the attention and comments.

"A game where I can fight with toys swords? Sign me up!"

"I want to play too!"

"Can I be a wizard? I'll put an ice cream cone on my head so I look like a Unicorn."

"Can we use different names? I want to be Commander Chaos!"

Colts and Fillies were pushing and shoving to make sure they got their name on Rainbow Dash's roster. Rainbow Dash flew up and raised her hooves with a more than confident smile "Everypony please, not everypony will be able to join. Only those who could prove themselves worthy may wish to join."

Rainbow Dash sat back down in her junk piled throne and crossed her hind legs when she addressed the next pony who walked towards her. "An why should I have you in my kingdom? What could you possibly offer me?"

The pony smiled and held a tiny bow she was able to hold in her forelegs when she hovered straight up a few inches off the ground. "My bow, she will vanquish-"

Rainbow Dash growled lowly "I already have four archers! You're not showing me anything new. Next!"

Gilda helped escort the pony archer out of Rainbow Dash's sight, allowing the next pony in line to show their talents.

"You traitor! You stole my idea!" Nimbus stood in front of Rainbow Dash with his head low and his body crouched. He kicked some dirt behind him, ready to charge her head on.

"Nimbus!" Rainbow Dash cheered. She jumped off her throne and leaped for a hug around Nimbus's neck. "Look at I-WE done! Everypony wants to join!" Rainbow Dash noogied Nimbus and said "This has to be one of our greatest ideas yet."

"OUR?!" Lighting sparked in Nimbus's voice. "This was my idea and you stole it!"

"Nimbus, Nimbus, Nimbus." Rainbow Dash flew and made her way to the edge of the playground. "Come here, I want to show you something."

Nimbus didn't want to talk, but he did as Rainbow Dash requested, giving her the benefit of the doubt. When hovered by her side, he asked Rainbow Dash "What are we looking?"

Rainbow Dash waved her hoof across the entire view in front of her. "Do you see it, Nimbus? Everything the light touches, this...this could all be ours."

"...the light's touching everything though." Nimbus had no idea where Rainbow Dash thought they could rule Equestria with a silly Role Playing Game.

"Exactly." Rainbow Dash held her hoof out for Nimbus. "Join me, and together we can rule this land as King and Captain of our army."

Nimbus's wagged happily at the unexpected offer Rainbow Dash was selling him. Never before was she so generous with granting him such a tittle, especially in game of dominance. "You're going to make me king?"

Rainbow Dash smiled. " Of course not."

Nimbus's tail stopped in mid-wag "What?"

"I'm going to be King, you're going to be captain."

Nimbus swatted Rainbow Dash's hoof away "You can't be King, Rainbow Dash! You're a girl, you'd be a Queen." The thought of ruling the game with Rainbow Dash beside him as King and Queen sounded like a pretty sweet idea to Nimbus.

"No!" Rainbow Dash held up a strange green glowing odd shaped rock. "Do you see this?"

Nimbus eyed the object suspiciously. He was no geologist, but the object in Rainbow Dash's hoof didn't look like any rock he'd ever seen before but he couldn't think of what else it could be. "What's the significance of that?"

"It's the Rock of Heroes, air head. With this item , any who poses it is allowed to bend the rules of the universe." Rainbow Dash was going insane with power. It wasn't surprising to Nimbus. She gloated for about a week whenever she won a race.

"That's too much power for one pony, Rainbow Dash. You need to dispose of it." Nimbus tried to pry it form her, but Rainbow Dash yanked it away and pulled it tight to her chest.

"Nimbus, if you're not with me, then you are against me." Rainbow Dash began to reach for the foam sword tied to her side.

Nimbus could the sword rack she was using to present to her new recruits as a welcoming gift behind her. It was fairly close and wide open if he needed a means of protecting himself.

"Which is it going to be, my friend?" Rainbow Dash asked in a powerful voice.

Nimbus looked at the birthday cardboard crown Rainbow Dash wore on her head, the red cape she had made out of what looked like one of Rainbow Shine's older dresses, and the theater prop foam sword she had her hoof on. If he ruled with her, it wouldn't be long until she struck him down when she was done with sharing the kingdom.

Breathing deeply, Nimbus made the hardest decision he had ever made in his ten year old life. He was going to have to go to war with his best friend, for her own good. "Only the dark side and a Tyrant deal in absolutes."

Nimbus dove and dodge rolled out of the way of Rainbow Dash's slashing sword. Nimbus rolled a little further than he thought he would and knocked over the sword rack. The swords piled over him and surrounded him in a variety of choices. No sword was designed the same. These were weapons Rainbow Dash designed over night. Not much versatility or durability in a fight, but they made perfect sparring and practice weapons. He picked out the most familiar sword he could recognize and held it above his head to block Rainbow Dash's over head in just the nick of time.

Small debris of foam flew into the air when the swords crossed. It was a battle between friends. Awesome versus Not-as-awesome-but-close-enough. Nimbus saw that Rainbow Dash had already given the Rock of Heroes to Gilda. Gilda must have already been halfway across the playground by now. It was no use in trying to steal it now. Rainbow Dash had an army and Nimbus was only one pony. No point of fighting today, except to survive and try again another day.

Nimbus parried Rainbow Dash's next blow out of the way and flew to safety. He switched his grip and held the handle of the sword in his mouth. "I declare war on you, King. Your reign of terror will end." Nimbus growled through the sword in his jaw.

Rainbow Dash pointed the sword in her hoof at Nimbus and objected while she flew back to put distance between Nimbus and herself. "No, you're the bad guy! You're rebelling against me. I'm the King."

Nimbus spat the sword onto the ground. "Nah huh! I'm rebelling against you cause you're evil. I'm the good guy!"

Rainbow Dash descended down to the ground and stomped her hoof. "I'm the King, stupid! The King is always the good guy."

"You don't know that! You can't even read." Nimbus spoke the truth, mostly. Rainbow Dash was perhaps the weakest reader in class but that was mainly because she refused to read. If she had read "Robin Hoof" she'd find that her argument was invalid.

"I was elected to lead, not to read!" Rainbow Dash argued back at Nimbus.

"You weren't elected. You crowned yourself King."

"It's the same thing!"

"Not it's not!"

"Yeah, well, you're an air head!"

"You're a baboon!"

"You are a coward!"

"You smell like dung!"