• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 7,294 Views, 622 Comments

Our Little Clementine - MaxBeezy



The "My New Life In Equestria" trilogy concludes with the chronicles of Matt and Applejack raising their Daughter from foalhood to her teenage years. Hilarity ensues. Sort of.

  • ...
33
 622
 7,294

Love Through The Eyes of A Prince

I’m in love with Allotrope, and it hurts that I haven’t told her yet.

She’s been living in my castle for years, and has been by my side ever since we first became friends. But I want to be more than friends. I’ve always wanted to be more than friends. Every day, whenever I gaze upon her perfect beauty, I’ve wanted to tell her how I felt. It’s only gotten worse since then. The years have gone by, and she’s only gotten more beautiful, to the point where nothing else can be done. She’s flawless.

But, I don’t think she realizes it. She’s always timid and shy, even though she has foregone her habit of walking outside cloaked to hide her true self from the masses. Every time somepony would comment on her looks, she would blush and turn away, not believing a word that they’d say. I asked her why she does this, and she told me that she feels they are being friendly, rather than believing that they were being genuine.

I wanted to tell her that they were telling the truth, that she really is beautiful, but fear has stopped my words. I’m afraid that she wouldn’t believe me either, that I was the one being nice, rather than telling the truth.

Not today. I’m going to tell her once and for all about my true feelings, and not even that dastardly muscle called the brain is going to tell me any different. Besides, today is special. It’s been four years since she started living with me at the castle, and as Celestia as my witness, I’m going make sure that it’s an unforgettable day.

Not really with Celestia witnessing it; that’s just a form of expression.

The sun has risen on the Crystal Empire, and by this time, Allotrope will be awake.

This is it. I’m going to do it. I’m going to march on over to her door, knock on it, and when she opens it up, I’m going to tell her how I feel. Sure, it might startle her a little bit; waking up to the news that her best friend has been in love with her for years, but it would definitely be a memorable story.

I make my way through the halls, greeting anypony that comes into my field of view, and soon, I’m standing in front of Allie’s door.

This is really happening. I swallow my fears away and knock on the door. I can only pray that I really did swallow my fears, and aren’t just talking out of my rump again.

The door opens up, and Allotrope reveals herself to me. Sweet Celestia, that mane…that face…those fangs…no…I must…I must tell her.

“Good morning, Dawning.” she smiles her wondrous and epic smile.

I love you. That’s all I have to say. I love you. Three words. Oh no, I’m taking too long to say it! She’s standing right in front of me, and the seconds are passing! Say it!

“Dawning?” Allotrope tilts her head to the side. ACK! She looks cute doing it! It’s only making things worse! “Are you okay?”

“DO IT! JUST…DO IT!” My brain is yelling at me. “MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Sorry, had something caught in my throat.”

“URGH! YOU IDIOT!” My brain is correct. I am an idiot. I feign a cough to avoid suspicion.

“I hope it’s not a cold. Maybe you should have some soup later.” She voices concern for my well-being, like she always does. She’s such a sweetheart like that.

“No, no. Just some saliva going down the wrong tube. You know how it is.” I lightly chuckle it away.

“Yes, that can be bothersome. So, shall we head for breakfast?”

“In a minute.” I say. “There’s something I want to tell you.”

“Sure thing, Dawning. What’s the matter?”

“I just…it’s been…four years…since you came to live with us.” I begin. I hope that this leads to me telling her my feelings.

“Yes, it has.” Allie grins, “It’s been wonderful; living with you and your parents. It more than anything I could have imagined. I am grateful for everything that you’ve done for me, even though I feel like a burden.”

“No…Allie, no.” I stop her from feeling guilty for her residence. “You aren’t a burden in the slightest. Don’t say that about yourself. My parents are more than happy to accommodate you, and I…I have adored your company all this time. What I’m trying to say is…” I suck in some air for this. “I…I…” Her eyes are staring at me, almost expectantly. Oh, sweet Celestia of Equestria. “I want today to be extra special.” Okay, it’s not a full cop-out, but it will give me time to express myself soon enough.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, it’s four years to the day. Four years ago, I saved you from those Timberwolves. So…I want today to be a day where you call the shots.”

“What?” she tilts her head. “Me? No…no…no…I couldn’t. If it’s you AND me making decisions, fine, but all by myself? No, I don’t want to bore you.”

“Bore me? You? Allie, you are many many things, but boring will never be one of them. Whatever you want to do today, we will do. No matter what.”

“But, what if I just want to walk? Or…relax on the hillside? Or…take a swim in the falls? I’ve never had many ideas in my head that would constitute as…fun. You’re the movies and theme parks colt. I’m…I’m boring.”

“That sounds like fun!” I say in excitement. Whoops, looks like my enthusiasm shocked her a little bit. I get close to her to assure her that I am a fan of her idea. Hmm, I seem to have gotten too close. Lavender…she smells of lavender today. I back away before she notices that I had taken in the scent of her mane. “Sorry. I want today to be your day. If that’s what you want to do, then that’s what we’ll do.”

“Really?” she smiles. “Dawning…I have no idea what to do with you.”

“Well…we could go downstairs and eat breakfast. How’s that for a start?”

“Okay…” Allotrope giggles that fascinatingly cute giggle. “Breakfast first.”


Breakfast is normally a fine and relaxing morning activity; saying hello to the parents, catching up on events happening in Equestria, like what kind of trouble Clementine’s Dad gets himself into, and planning out the day with Allotrope, who would always give me a shrug and an “Anything you’d like to do” answer that she has become known for.

Now, I have never been more uncomfortable in my entire life. I watch her eat her eggs and pancakes so closely; her mouth chewing each delicious bite like it’s the best thing ever (it is), and seeing those fangs dig into the buttery goodness. It was like watching a dream in super slow motion. Only, it’s not a dream. It’s real life, and I’m being a total freak about all this.

“Honey?” Mom breaks me out of my entranced stupor. “What’s the matter?”

“Huh?” I look to my Mother, who stares at me with an expression of rightful confusion. “Oh, sorry. I was day dreaming.”

She doesn’t believe me. I can see it. She looks back at the unaware Allotrope, then back at me. A smile curls on her lips, and she mouths to me “Have you told her, yet?” She definitely knows about my feelings for Allie; they are more than obvious to the ponies who know me, from my best friends to my own parents. The only one who doesn’t know is the mare that I love.

I shake my head in shame, but I mouth “Soon” with an assured smile. Mom smiles back, and I catch her mouthing to herself “About time.” Dial it down on the sass, Mom. Please?


After breakfast, Allie and I travel outside to the ever so beautiful kingdom outside. The guards greet us with the usual hellos and good mornings, with some extra emphasis on Allie. I wish she can see what they see. They are so welcoming to her presence, that their extra inflection in their voices show their appreciation for her. Then again, it does get a bit weird when I catch a couple of them looking at her for a longer period of time. Especially Flash Sentry. He’s a good guard, but back the Tartarus up before I lay the smack down. At the very least, Clementine’s Dad would show him the what for.

“This is your day, Allie.” I say, living up to my word. “Whatever you want to do.”

Allie smiles in response. She looks around the kingdom, looking for something to do. There’s the bookstore, the bakery, the movie theater, the theme park.

“The hillside.” she says in a definitive tone. “I want to go to the hillside.”

That’s a place we haven’t gone to in a while. I thought back on in briefly when she mentioned it this morning, but now that we are going, the last day we went sped through my mind like a movie in fast motion. Wow, I’m really going at it with the speed analogies. Slow motion at breakfast, fast motion now. Sweet Celestia am I a strange one.

We last visited the hillside six months ago, where Allie was reminiscing about her family; namely her father, who sacrificed his life to save Allie from a herd of Timberwolves. She never saw him die, but heard his struggles and pain until they stopped. Just remembering what she told me is putting me in a sad mood. I think there’s a tear trying to escape my eye.

I comforted her; telling her that everything is okay now. I couldn’t imagine the pain she had to endure; only that she is safe with ponies that care for her. I used the word love, but she read that as a friends love, much like before, when she asked me what I meant by the word, and I clarified it with a bold faced lie. She believed me, and I wished I hadn’t said that.

Not today, though. Today, I’m going to say what I really mean.

On the way to the hillside, we reminisced about her time at the castle; thinking of the days our friends Clementine and Slip Wing would arrive, and how we believe that they should become an item sooner rather than later. It’s incredible to me how two ponies who obviously love one another have taken so long to admit their feelings.

Easy for me to say, I’m currently in the exact same predicament. I’ve decided. When we’re on that hillside, THAT’S when I’m going to tell her the truth. I just keep repeating myself today, aren’t I? But, I must. I have to hype myself up for the moment to come.

“No more delays, Dawning Shield!” My thoughts speak to me. “You are a Prince. The Prince of the Crystal Empire! Where everypony loves and respects you! Well, maybe they respect your parents more than you…but still! When the moment is right, you’re going to get down on your knees and…”

“Wow, this is just as beautiful as before.” Allotrope interrupts my thoughts.

Oh…we’re on the hillside. Wait…we are?!

“EEEPPP!!!” My brain screeches in terror, “I’m out! Let me know how it goes!” Ugh, I hate my brain.

I realize that I’m standing on the hillside with Allie, looking out towards the vast planes of the crystal empire. It’s beautiful. It’s more than beautiful, it’s amazing. The sun is at the right angle, making the view absolutely perfect. A perfect view for such an occasion. I look to Allie; she is staring out at the lands with that smile that I absolutely adore. Her smile is what makes me get up in the morning, and it’s worth it every time I see it.

“I love it out here.” she says.

“Maybe we can come out here more.” I reply quickly.

“No…I don’t want this to be a regular thing. We should only come out here for special occasions. Like today, where you want me to take you anywhere I want to go.”

“It’s a deal.” I smile and nod. “Where would you like to go after this?”

“Actually…if you don’t mind…I’d like to stay here for a while.” Her voice is calm and serene. She’s at peace here. If she feels that way, then so do I.

“That would be great.” I agree with her, lying down on the grass. “I don’t mind the view, after all.” Wow, that could easily be interpreted as me talking about her. Then again… maybe I am.

Allie lies down as well, continuing to look out to the scenery before us. We are silent for minutes on hoof. The silence is peaceful, the wind lightly blows through our manes, and I watch as Allie’s eyes close, taking in the sensation of the breeze.

This is it. This is the perfect moment. No more stalling. No more waiting. No more of my brain shouting at me to just do it. I am telling her now.

“Allie…” I begin. “There’s…something I want to tell you.”

“There is?” Allie opens her marvelous emerald pearls, looking back at me. “What is it?”

“I…” Ugh, darn it, I got flustered by her beauty again. “We’ve been friends for a while now.”

“Best friends.” She smiles.

“And…and I love spending time with you.”

“As do I. Spending my days with you have always been so wonderful. There’s nopony I’d rather be with than you.”

“I feel the same way.” I reply quickly and somewhat awkwardly. “I-I mean, me too. Here’s the thing. I know how you’ve always been shy around other ponies. How they tell you that you’re pretty and you don’t believe them. Well, I want to tell you not to…NOT believe them. Because it’s true, every nice thing they’ve said is true.”

“Dawning?” Allie tilts her head. She isn’t understanding what’s happening.

“You are pretty. Actually, you’re flawless. You’re the most beautiful mare in Equestria. Any colt would be lucky to be your coltfriend. The thing is…I…” Come on. “I…” I can do this. “I LOVE…“

I don’t finish my sentence, as I suddenly feel the warm lips of Allie on mine. Her kiss is soft, her scent is delectable, the way I hear her small purrs as she kisses me is driving me wild. But, I hold my desires. I don’t want to scare her. I won’t do what she doesn’t want to do.

I raise a foreleg to her cheeks, caressing them lovingly. Her purrs become soft moans, as the kiss gets a bit more passionate. I start to feel a little bit of her tongue pressing against my teeth; she’s getting a bit more aggressive. As I open my mouth more to let her in…

“I’m sorry!” Allie breaks away fast from me, backing away in a rush of panic and confusion. “I…I don’t know what came over me!”

“Allie…that was…”

“I know! It was shameful! I shouldn’t have done that! You were being so nice and complementary, that I…I…I couldn’t control myself!” She gets close to me. Oh wow, I want to kiss her again. “I’m sorry! I have shamed myself, and your kindness! Please, you must be strict with me.”

“What?”

“Punish me! I’m a disgrace to be your friend! I have been thinking impure thoughts of you ever since you rescued me! You must punish me for my insolence!”

I kiss her again. She moans in surprise as I initiate the second kiss. She doesn’t break away; lingering on my lips for as long as possible. I separate myself from her. Not forcefully, but slowly. I see her leaning in, trying to desperately keep the kiss going.

This is real. Does she…?

“W-Why did you do that?” Allie wonders.

“Because…I love you, Allie.” I finally say it. “I’ve been in love with you ever since we met. I love your smile, I love your kindness, I love your sense of humor, I love your eyes. I love everything about you, and my feelings have only gotten stronger for you as the years go on. You are everything to me, and nothing has made me happier than all of the times I have spent with you. You are…in every way…perfect.”

I said it. I said everything that’s on my mind. Allie gasps in shock, stepping back, but just by a little bit. Her eyes dart around, processing everything I have just told her. She gets close to me again, placing a hoof on my cheek.

“A-are you sure? I-I mean, did I put a spell on you to make you think this? Or…or do you…actually love me?”

“I truly…deeply…love you.” Now I’m dispensing with the cheese, but Sweet Celestia does it feel good to say.

“You…love me.” She doesn’t end that as a question; she’s stating it as a fact. It feels like she’s slowly accepting my admittance. “You love me.” The look of confusion turns into a smile. “You…actually love me.” The smile gives way to tears of joy.

But then, they become tears of sadness. She backs away again, but farther. I get closer to her, as her tears become sobs. What happened? What did I do? How can I fix it?

“Allie.”

“Please…don’t.” She cries. “You…you can’t love me. Look at me. I’m a freak. A creature. A hybrid. I can’t be with you. You deserve somepony like you. Regal and royal. Not…not…a monster!”

“No!” I yell. I run to her, getting right up in her face, and placing a hoof under an eye, wiping away any tears trying to run down her cheeks. “You listen to me, Allotrope. You are NOT a monster, okay? You are BEAUTIFUL. You have always been beautiful. No pony has ever looked at you with hate, animosity, or fear, because you are a breathtaking mare. Everything I have told you is the truth. If you want to be together, than we can BE TOGETHER! Everypony will accept it!”

“No they won’t! I…”

“My parents approve!”

“I…” Her tears stop. She looks at me with another bout of confusion. “What?”

“My parents approve. They’ve known of my feelings for you for a long time. In fact, they’ve been on my case for the past couple of years about my hesitance to tell you.”

“They…they have?”

“Yeah. When I told them that I was going to tell you, they kind of told me that it was about time.”

“They did?”

“Yeah. It was kind of embarrassing.”

“You…you…” Her tears dry quickly. “You should have lead with that!” Allie hugs me with a tight embrace. Her head rests on my shoulder. “I got all upset and worried over nothing! How could you?!”

“I’m sorry! I was distracted by your kiss!”

“My kiss? Was it really that good?”

“I don’t know. I’ve never kissed a mare before. But as far as first kisses go, that was pretty great.”

“Serious?”

“Very serious.”

“My…my fangs didn’t hurt you?”

“I didn’t even feel your fangs. Though…I’d like to.”

“What?”

“I’m sorry. That came out a little weird.”

“No, this interests me.” She removes herself from my shoulder, and stares into my very soul. “What did you mean by that?”

“I…um…” Great, now she’s going to figure out that I’m a bit of a freak. “I kind of…sort of…really…find your fangs to be…um…s….se….sexy.”

“What?!” she gasps, “You think my fangs are sexy?!”

“Y-yes.”

Allie stares at me. It goes on pretty much forever, too. She stares and stares and stares, until finally, there’s some movement. Her mouth opens slightly, moving forward towards my lips again. I instinctively open my mouth too, and connect with hers.

Her mouth remains open, and I feel her tongue press up against mine, and slither around it. She brings my tongue into her mouth, and presses it up against her palate, allowing me to feel around her insides. Then, I feel my tongue brush against her fangs. They feel sharp, but they feel good as my tongue glides against them. I hear her moans of pleasure, and feel them reverberate through my mouth.

She’s…she’s enjoying this. Oh, wow.

We separate again, this time; our lascivious kiss has created a trail of saliva that is connected by our mouths. Guess we got a little bit hot and heavy.

“I would very much like to continue this in your bedroom.”

OH SWEET CELESTIA!!!

“But…I don’t want to do THAT.” she continues. “I…I don’t think I’m ready yet.”

Well, that’s okay. I don’t mind cuddling and making out. In fact, that might be better. Save the moment for a day where she’s ready, and…

“But…I could be.”

OH SWEET CELESTIA!!!

“We’ll do whatever you want to do.” I maintain my composure. “No pressure.”

“Good.” She purrs. I love hearing her purr. “Are you sure that I’m a good kisser?”

“Yeah. You’re a great kisser. Why?”

“I learned it from watching a lot of movies.”

“What…what movies have you been watching?”

“You want to find out?”

“Yes…yes I do.” My answer is quick and concise. Any delay would have probably been caused by an error related to my brain when thinking about what movies she had been watching when not in my presence.

"Oh, by the way Dawning....I love you, too."

Best. Day. Ever.