• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 7,262 Views, 622 Comments

Our Little Clementine - MaxBeezy



The "My New Life In Equestria" trilogy concludes with the chronicles of Matt and Applejack raising their Daughter from foalhood to her teenage years. Hilarity ensues. Sort of.

  • ...
33
 622
 7,262

The Test

After tucking the passed out Clementine into bed, Matt went back to the barn for the rest of the Nightmare Night party. Initially, he offered to stay with Applejack as she watched their sleeping daughter, but she told him to go have fun. Though he wanted to stay with them, Matt went back to the party, just incase any trouble started, or if Big Mac and Granny Smith needed help cleaning up.

When he arrived back at the barn, it was business as usual for every pony. Drinks were had, songs were sung, dances were danced, and the evening concluded like the last few Nightmare Night gathers had concluded; with a special screening of Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn. Normally, Matt would only show the film to his closest friends, as their gatherings were regulated to a dozen ponies, maybe less. However, with most of the town being at the party, some improvisation had to be done.

Luckily, Big Mac found a tarp to use as a screen, and Vinyl Scratch was more than happy to hook up her speakers to the movie player. With those adjustments made, Matt was able to project the film in the barn. The experience was even better than the other times he showed the film. There were screams of terror alongside many laughs coming from the guests, with all of them having a blast.

Matt only wished that Applejack and Clementine were there with him.

Once the film ended, and hoofstamps of applause were had, the party began to die down. The remaining Apple family members were given congratulations for the party, with some hoping for a repeat next year. They’ll have to think about that one. After some goodbyes with friends, along with assisting Vinyl in unhooking her DJ equipment, Matt was prepared to clean up the rest of the mess that populated the once pleasant looking barn, but Granny Smith and Big Mac stopped him, as they were too tired for any work.

Big Mac left with Twilight, while Matt followed Granny Smith back to the house. Old age was finally getting to the elder Apple pony, with her steps being more creaky than usual, and needing slight assistance getting up the steps. Matt made a mental note to install a little ramp to help her. He considered asking about her age, but never did, thinking that it would cause her to get cranky.

“Did you have fun, Granny Smith? Movie wasn’t too loud, was it?”

“Are ya kiddin’? That was one of the most fantabulistic parties ah had in awhile! Don’t know bout doin’ somethin’ like that again next year, but things might change til then.”

“Glad to hear that.” Matt nodded with a smile. “Sorry about Clementine.”

“What are ya sorry for, youngin? She’s young; she’s allowed ta make mistakes every once in awhile. Did ya think I was some perfect pony back in my day?”

“Maybe.” Matt chuckled.

“Back before we built Ponyville, ah was the biggest troublemaker Equestria had ever seen! Those were the days. Scaring the chickens, playing pranks on mah parents…”

“Built Ponyville?” Matt’s eyebrow raises, “Isn’t that over…”

“I’ll tell ya about it some other time, youngin’. Mah bones are aching, and ah could use the rest. Go ahead and sleep in Applejack’s room. Ah hadn’t changed it after she left ta be with you.”

“Thanks, Granny Smith. You need any help with those stairs?”

“No way, no how, mister!” Granny Smith says, stubborn as always. “I’m as fit as a fiddle.” As if on cue, a small pop is heard from her hip. “Ugh, dang hip.” She gives the hip a little smack. “Don’t mind that. Happens all the time.”

“Okay, Granny. Good night.” Matt waves Granny off as she ascends the staircase, leaving Matt alone in the living room.

With a tired sigh, he removes parts of his costume, tossing the foam chainsaw onto the couch, and gives his body a little stretch, popping some aches in his back. He goes up the stairs, off to Applebloom’s old room, which is housing young Clementine. The house of the Apple family has been empty these days, with Applebloom moving in with her friends Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo in Ponyville, while Big Mac is living with Twilight over at the castle.

The father enters the bedroom, seeing Clementine sound asleep in bed. Resting her head on the side, is Applejack, still in costume, and has taken the liberty of placing a glass of water, and two tablets of Headache-B-Gone on the table by the bed. Matt kneels down to the sleeping Applejack, putting a hand on her cheek, and gently caresses her coat with his thumb. The light but loving motion makes her stir slightly, clenching her eyelids, before opening up slowly to see the silhouette of Matt staring right at her.

“Hey sugarcube.” she whispers, “How was the party?”

“Good. We didn’t disturb you and Clem, did we?”

“Not at all. Clem has been sleeping like a drunken angel since we put her to bed. Ah guess ah was tired enough the rest through all that screamin’ and hollerin’ of the movie.” she lets off a light chuckle.

“That’s good.” Matt smiles. He puts his arms around the expectant Applejack, picking her up. Her back legs wrap around his waist for an extra grip, as he carries her out of the room. “Let’s get you to bed.”

“Mmmmm…that sounds like a good idea.”

Matt brings her to her former room. Like Granny Smith had said, not much has changed since she left to live with Matt. The bed, the cabinets, and the walls have remained untouched, aside from the occasional dusting or two. Matt sets her down, as she unwraps herself from his body, and lays comfortably on the soft mattress.

He brings his hands to her Jedi costume, slowly removing it, much to her enjoyment. A giggle escapes her tired lips, as his hand brushes her still ticklish stomach.

“Mr. Apple. I’m too tired for such rambunctious behavior,” she teases.

“It’s pretty warm this time of the month. I want you to be as comfortable as possible.” Matt smiles, removing the last of Applejack’s costume. He then removes most of his costume as well, before getting into bed with her, and doing what they always do when they go to sleep… cuddle.

“This is a might comfortable.” Applejack speaks, muffled by her muzzle pressed against Matt’s chest. “Ya might be onto somethin’ here.”

“Good night, AJ.” Matt kisses the top of her mane. “We’ll break the news that Clementine is grounded in the morning.”

“Can’t wait.” she chuckles, closing her eyes, falling asleep.

The night moves on in the loving arms of Matt and Applejack, as both slink off into their own dreams. Dreams that only Luna knows. Their embrace holds for most of the night, though their grip of one another loosens, as the level of comfort hits its maximum peak, allowing for greater relaxation in their limbs.


The middle of the night hits, and Applejack opens her eyes to the moonlight shining through the window. With a yawn and a rub of the eyes, she sits up and gets out of bed for a glass of water.

She’s only gone for a few minutes, and returns refreshed and ready for another round of sleeping. However, something catches her eye. Matt, sleeping soundly, with no evident signs that the littlest thing can wake him up. He is, for all intents and purposes, in a deep sleep.

It is now that Celestia’s suggestion has entered in the farmpony’s mind. The test that Celestia invented for the sole purpose of testing a partner’s fidelity. Applejack grimaces at the thought of the test's purpose, and the potential implications if he muttered another name in his sleep. Still, it’s something she must know for certain. Thoughts of what she would do if Matt said another mares name race through her mind. Chrysalis, Twilight, maybe even Celestia…possible choices, and all of them make her stomach churn.

“Why?” she thinks to herself, “Why would ah even think such awful things about him? Ah must know. If he says somepony else…ah don’t know…ah mean…he’s just dreamin’…right?” Her mind flashes to the fact that Luna can connect dreams together, making a tryst without even leaving the comfort of their spouses arms/hooves very easy to do. “Okay, I’ll do it!” A fire bursts from her eyes, determined to prove once and for all what goes on in the late night mind of the human.

Applejack climbs onto the bed with renewed purpose, looming over her still peacefully sleeping husband, unaware of the plan his wife has in store for him.

“Here goes nothin’.” she whispers, licking her lips into satisfyingly soft moisture. She gently moves Matt onto his back. He doesn’t react. All good.

Slowly, Applejack leans down; her lips hovering over his. It’s now or never. Maybe not never, but it would certainly be a while before she can work up the courage again. With a gulp of saliva, summoning all of her courage, she plants the softest of kisses on his lips. Quickly, she raises her head, seeing if that elicited a response.

Nothing. Not even a slight groan.

Applejack stares for a few moments, dissatisfied with the results. Memories of what Celestia said echo through her head. It may take a couple more tries.

She nods in understanding, leaning down again for another kiss. Still soft, but with a bit more weight added to it.

Matt moves slightly, with an exhale of comfort leaving his mouth. Applejack is close, she can feel it. One more will do the trick.

Applejack kisses him one more time. She stays on the kiss for a long time, to the point where she’s actually enjoying this act. If he doesn’t react soon, she might wake him up herself for some late night excitement.

Matt moves; shifting in his sleep.

“MMmmmmm…..AJ….” he mumbles.

Applejack’s eyes widen at the utterance. He said it. A commonly abbreviated version of her name, but he said it. She quickly leans back down, kissing him harder on the lips.

“MMMMmmmmm...Applejack…Mmmmm…” he mumbles again. This time her name is said in full.

Applejack smiles, putting a hoof on his cheek and resting her forehead against his. She shakes her head, not believing that she could think such silly things about her husband. He never had a cheating bone in his body, as she was always on his mind.

“Never again…” Applejack whispers. “No more dumb thoughts.”

Matt shifts in his sleep again. His eyes gradually open to the sight of Applejack on top of him, with an expression of love on her face.

“AJ?” Matt says quietly, catching her attention.

“Oh, hi Matt.” she tries to be composed; hiding what she was doing earlier.

“Not that mind…but what are you doing on top of me?”

“Reasons.” she chuckled.

“Good reasons, I hope.” Matt teases, placing a hand on her hip.

“Ah…ah changed mah mind about not doin’ rambunctious behavior.”

“Oh?” Matt smiles. He’s tired, but he’s more than game. Matt looks over at the clock, spotting that it’s two in the morning. “Two o’clock rambunctiousness, coming right up.” He pulls her back down to him, hand caressing her cheek, and kisses her passionately. The other hand glides across her back, while her hooves get under his shirt.

“By the way, we have to be a bit quiet.” Applejack remarks.

“Thin walls?”

“Not THAT thin…but just in case...”

“Right…two o’clock QUIET rambunctiousness, coming right up.” The two go back to kissing one another, and he rolls on top of her.


Meanwhile, within the dream world, in an area that looks very much like the dining hall of Canterlot Castle, Celestia, Luna, Chrysalis, Trixie, and Twilight, are gathered around the table, with each one holding a small deck of cards with their magic.

The box that the cards came in display “Cards Against Ponykind;” a popular card game in Equestria, where one picks a card with a question or a blank statement, while others pick from their hands or hooves, the card that can answer that question in the raunchiest way possible.

It’s game that’s famous for its vulgarity and possible offensiveness; which has inspired those to attempt to ban the game from “innocent” eyes. However, these attempts have failed, with Celestia overruling any desire for censorship. Only the ponies present at the table truly know why.

At the present moment, all of them stare at the now empty spot on the table, where a pack of cards are scattered about.

“Ummm…. Where did Matt go?” Chrysalis asked, “It was his turn to pick a card.”

“I did hear him mumbling about Applejack.” Twilight tries to connect the dots. “Do you think she’s in trouble.”

“Doubtful.” Luna asserts, “He said her name in a very loving manner. I did not sense her presence within the dream world, perhaps she woke him up for some unknown importance.”

“Maybe something is wrong with Clementine.” Twilight guesses again.

“She is fine.” Luna smirks, staring intently at her cards, willing to keep playing the game. “She is asleep peacefully, dreaming of Sli…” her cheeks flush with red. “She’s um…having a nice dream. We’ll leave it at that.”

“Good riddance, I say.” Trixie chuckles.

“Trixie!” Luna says, shocked. “Don’t speak ill of him! I thought you two are friends!”

“Oh, we are, but he was kicking our flanks at this game! The human! Beating us at a card game made for ponies.”

“Perhaps there’s a version of this in his world.” said Chrysalis, “That seems to happen a lot. Expect for that Star Wars thing. Sound rather silly, if you ask me. How can you have a war in stars? It’s impossible!” she looks over at the quiet Celestia, “Maybe not for you, but for common ponies…why are you so quiet?”

Celestia has been silent the whole time, looking at her cards with a knowing smile on her face. She knew what was going on; Matt’s tone of voice was enough to convince her that Applejack performed the test that she suggested, and that it was a smashing success. It takes a small prod from Chrysalis’ hoof to snap her out of her trance of imagining what is happening now between the two Apples.

“What?” Celestia wonders.

“Why are you being so quiet?” Chrysalis asks again.

“Oh, um…I was thinking of what was happening. They’re probably…um…doing…stuff…” Celestia scrunches her muzzle, looking around the room in a way that makes her appear suspicious.

“That seems reasonable. “ Trixie shrugs, “Doing stuff is the best excuse to wake up from a dream. Now, can we keep playing this game before he returns? I don’t want him to beat us again.”

“Fine. I’ll go then.” Twilight lifts a card up from the black pile, floating it up to her face. “Let’s see….” Her eyes squint at the question. “Queen Chrysalis’ rule was ended by blank.”

“Uh-oh.” Chrysalis shudders at the thought of what possible cards her friends will draw.