• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 7,282 Views, 622 Comments

Our Little Clementine - MaxBeezy



The "My New Life In Equestria" trilogy concludes with the chronicles of Matt and Applejack raising their Daughter from foalhood to her teenage years. Hilarity ensues. Sort of.

  • ...
33
 622
 7,282

Williams Family Reunion

Clementine bounds around the house with mad fervor, with her father not too close behind trying desperately to get his daughter to stop with her happy rampage. Applejack watches from the kitchen with a smile and a giggle, finding amusement at her husband’s futile attempts to quell Clementine’s enthusiastic behavior.

This type of occurrence isn’t uncommon in the Williams-Apple household; Clementine would normally be running around in excitement due to a film being released, whether it be a Transformares film, or another installment of the Captain Equestria franchise, with the young filly attending the late night shows wearing her custom made outfit (courtesy of Rarity) of the title character, with Slip Wing joining her as Captain Equestria’s former enemy turned friend The Nightmare Guard.

However, this is not one of those times. Instead of the excitement of seeing an action packed blockbuster, Clementine is actually excited to see Matt’s parents.

But not in Equestria…in Matt’s world.

“Ah get ta see Daddy’s world! Ah get ta see Daddy’s world!” Clementine exclaims, nearly knocking over the table in the living room with her fascinating strength. Matt chases close behind, holding up her specially made gold band.

When Matt went to Canterlot to tell Princess Celestia of his plan, she presented him with the already completed accessory, telling him that she had it done months ago, stealthily retrieving samples of Clementine’s mane whenever the family would visit the castle from time to time.

Matt presented the band to Clementine on her birthday, causing her to be in the state that she’s in now. Many ponies in the party had to dive out of the way, with Dawning Shield the first to dodge, and Slip Wing the first to get hit by her full force. He’s still recovering, but in high spirits.

“Stop running, Clem!” Matt yells, nearly out of breath. “I need to put this on you!”

“Ah get ta see a bunch of other humans, those things called cars, yer house! I’m so excited!”

Her yells and screams of happiness nearly knock over the chair in which Applejack is sitting on. With a couple of wobbles and close calls, Applejack makes the save and prevents herself from falling. This does it for her.

“Clementine Rosemary Apple!” Applejack yells. “Ah command ya ta stop!”

Clementine, knowing that the full pronunciation of her name is code for her being in trouble, digs her hooves into the floor for a full stop. Matt isn’t as lucky, as he runs right past her, into the hallway, into his bedroom, and tumbles onto the bed.

“Well, there are worse things to fall on.” Matt muffles, face buried into the soft mattress of he and Applejack’s bed.

“Now look what ya did, Clem.” Applejack tries to sound stern, but the chuckle gets out. “Yer dad’s got a face full of bed.”

“He’ll be fine.” Clementine waves off the concern.

“I’m okay!” Matt raises a hand, face still buried in the mattress.

“See? Ah told ya!”

Matt gets off the bed, brushing off the creases in his shirt and pants from the tumble and fall. He goes over to Clementine, kneeling down with the band. He places it around her hoof, finding it to be a perfect fit. He smiles, and so does Applejack.

“Okay, great.” Matt says, giving Clementine’s hoof a pat. “I think we’re just about ready to go.”

“Really?” Applejack wonders, “Ah haven’t gotten brushed up, yet.” She points to her slightly disheveled mane, which she hadn’t brushed since the morning began.

“I don’t really see the need, since you’re going to be different when we get there.” Matt points out.

“Oh, right…” Applejack remembers. “Maybe ah should bring a brush with us, just in case.”

“Can’t hurt.” Matt shrugs. He looks back to Clementine, preparing her for what is to come. “Okay, Clem. I have to explain a few things before we go see my parents. This band is going to make you human, understand?”

“Yeah. Ya told me ages ago.” Says Clementine in an impatient tone.

“When we get there, you’re going to be on two legs, and hopefully with some clothes. Celestia has managed to summon clothes for Applejack during our visits, so it can safely be assumed this will do the same.”

“Okay, okay, let’s go already!” Clementine bounces in an almost Pinkie-like manner.

“Wait a minute.” Matt stops her bouncing. “When you become human, you’re going to be like me.”

“Like you? Do these bands make me look exactly like ya or somethin’?”

“No, I didn’t mean…I’m trying to say that you’re going to have hands and fingers instead of hooves. The change may be jarring, so take all the time you need to adjust, before we go to my parents.”

“Ah, okay.” Clementine nods.

“Y’all ready ta go?” Applejack asks, now with a bag containing a hair brush wrapped around her waist.

“I think I’ve covered all the bases, yeah. You ready, Clem?”

“Ah was ready before ah was born!” Clementine jumps excitedly one final time before Matt kneels down, holding her and Applejack by the hooves.

Matt looks upon his family with a smile, and the two smile back, anticipating this trip to Matt’s original place of residence. With a deep breath, Matt recounts the address of his former home, and in a flash, they are gone.


In an instant, the three are taken outside Matt’s family home. Nothing has changed in all the years. The house still looks clean and well kempt, the garden is brimming with flowers, and the roof is still holding strong; a relief, given that last year Matt had to help fix the roof, after a bad rainstorm left a hole in the side, letting in more water than anyone would have liked. The only thing that’s different is the new dog, who is barking behind the fence on the side. The old one passed a few years ago, and Matt helped his parents find a new one a couple months later.

Matt sees Applejack as a human looks the same as always. Fit, beautiful, and wearing the same ensemble as she always had. Red-checkered shirt, jeans, boots, and her signature Stetson hat, now fitted to be snug around her head.

“Dad! Woah!” Clementine calls out, diverting his attention away from Applejack, and onto his now human looking daughter.

In a way, she looks exactly like he thought she would. Her mane has become a lengthy head of hair, freckles on her face, and is wearing a cute little flower dress that Matt and Applejack are surprised goes well with her.

Clementine carefully takes her first steps on her two legs, finding balance with the new stance. She wobbles in place, flailing her arms to regain her footing. Her parents watch to make sure that she doesn’t fall over. After a few steps and shakes, she gets the hang of her new appearance. Not perfectly, but not overly suspicious to any passerby, either.

“Bein’ human is a bit harder than ah thought.” Clementine says, leaning on Matt for extra balance. She touches her hair, flapping it about so that it lands on her shoulders. “Mah mane is longer.” She twiddles her fingers about, finding feeling in her appendages. “Weird.” Clementine looks past her father, and straight to her mother, who looks completely different, yet still possesses the qualities that make her unmistakably Applejack. “Woah nelly!”

Clementine rushes over to her Applejack, who kneels down to meet her face to face. She puts her hands on her mother’s cheeks, inspecting her appearance with fascinated curiosity.

“Mom…ya look so…pretty.” Clementine awes at her mother’s appearance. “Ah mean, ya look better as a pony, but still…”

“Ah get that a lot.” Applejack chuckles. “Matt and his parents say the same thing.”

“No kiddin’.” Clementine’s eyes travel downward to two mysterious yet clothed mounds on Applejack’s chest. Her eyebrow raises in confusion. “Mom, are ya hiding cantaloupes in yer shirt? What in the hay are these?”

Clementine puts a hand on one of the strange bumps, giving it a tight squeeze. Instantly, Applejack takes her hand off of the mound, chuckling in embarrassment and grateful that no one saw that display.

“Clem, Clem…” Applejack points to her chest, “These are called…um…breasts. They are a part of me in this body.”

“They are? Then why don’t ah have any?”

“Because, you’re not old enough.” Applejack looks to Matt, “Maybe we should talk about puberty at some point.”

“I’ll make an appointment with Doctor Redheart.”

“What’s puberty?” Clementine wonders.

“Something that happens when you get older is the short of it.” Matt sums up, “We’ll talk about it later.” Matt gets up, looking around the neighborhood. Normally, the streets have few cars parked by the curbs, but he notices that there are more than he was used to. “Huh. Must be a party going on or something.”

The front door to the house opens, with Matt’s Father, now looking his age of over sixty five, walking out to see the conversing family. His mouth beams with a welcoming smile.

“Hey!” Matt’s Dad calls out, getting the family to turn to him. “What are you guys doing out here? Come inside!”

“Hey Dad!” Matt waves, “We’re just going over a few things, we’ll be right there.”

“Well, hurry up! Everyone is waiting!” Matt’s Dad waves back.

Matt’s eyes widen at his Father’s proclamation of added company. It’s now that he realizes why there are so many cars in the neighborhood.

“Wait…is…EVERYONE inside?!”

“Well, MOST of them. The cousins are all grown up and in college, but in terms of aunts and uncles…yeah. Don’t take too long, will you? They haven’t seen you in over ten years!” Matt’s Dad walks back inside the house.

Immediately, Matt kneels back down to Clementine, grabbing her by the shoulders.

“Okay, a slight change of plans. There are a few rules that we have to put down.”

“Aw, rules?” Clementine groans, “What are they?”

“My extended family isn’t aware of where I’ve been living for the past decade. Only Grandma and Grandpa know. So, here’s the deal, when my aunts and uncles talk to you, don’t make ANY mention of being a pony, Ponyville and Equestria.”

“That’s no fun!” she pouts. “What am ah supposed ta do?”

“If they ask about friends or something…just make something up. Like…Slip Wing…his name is Scott now… but only IF they ask. Skye and Terra are fine. Those are good human names. Grandma and Grandpa have been saying that we’ve been living in a place called New Zealand, so when they start asking about the local, just talk as if you’re talking about Ponyville…WITHOUT naming it Ponyville.”

“That sounds confusin’.”

“I know, I’m sorry.” Matt gives her a quick hug. “Think you can give it a shot?”

“I’ll do mah best. “ Clementine nods.

“Thank you.” Matt smiles, standing back up and looking over at Applejack, who has brushed her hair during the conversation. “You look fantastic.”

“You always say that.” Applejack blushes.

“Doesn’t make it less true.” Matt smirks, “Now, then. We’re going to meet the rest of the family.”


When the trio walk inside the house, they are greeted by a dark room and no visibility, aside from the light emitting from the opened door frame. Suddenly, the light immediately turns back on, revealing Matt’s extended family.

“SURPRISE!!!” they all yell, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CLEMENTINE!!! AND HELLO MATT!!!”

Matt looks on at his aunts and uncles. Bill, Jason, Kate, Lindy, Terrence, Margaret, Aaron, and Steve, they are all there, and with beaming smiles on their faces at the reunion of their nephew and his new family.

“Another birthday party?!” Clementine jumps up and down. “Ah get more presents!”

“You sure do, little lady.” Uncle Aaron laughs, prompting the rest of the family to laugh as well at Clementine’s excitement. Uncle Aaron is the first to walk up to Matt, giving him a great big hug. Though Matt had gotten considerably stronger during his time in Equestria, Uncle Aaron was always the hulking one, and a little thing like age hasn’t stopped his strength. “Good to see you, kid.”

“Good…to see…you…too…” Matt gasps for air. “Uncle Aaron…I’m….dying.”

“Whoops.” Aaron puts him down, ”Sorry. Almost forgot my own strength.” His eyes scan over to Applejack, with her beauty catching his attention quickly. “My, my, my, who do we have here?”

“Oh, right.” Matt brings Applejack and Clementine closer to him. “Everyone…this is my wife AJ, and my daughter Clementine.”

“Hi.” Applejack gives a small wave, “It was a might unexpected, but it’s really nice ta see y’all.” The others wave back, welcoming Applejack and Clementine to the family. Applejack notices that Uncle Aaron is still massively fixated on her. “Oh, is there somethin’ on mah face?”

“No…not at all.” Uncle Aaron shakes his head. “It’s just…the pictures that John and Lucy showed us does you no justice at all.” Uncle Aaron turns to John and Lucy, Matt’s Parents. “Am I right?”

“Yeah.” Matt’s Parents nod.

“Oh…” Applejack blushes, “It seems ah get that a lot when I’m over here.”

Aunt Kate comes rushing over to Clementine, kneeling down to face her. She plants her hands on Clementine’s cheeks, scrunching and pinching them, causing the former pony to grimace in confusion and slight discomfort.

“Well, aren’t you the cutest thing I’ve ever seen?” Aunt Kate continues to squeeze Clementine’s cheeks, glancing up at Matt and Applejack. “I didn’t know you’d be capable of making such a cute kid. All the genes must have come from AJ.”

“Must be.” Matt laughs, remembering Twilight’s book that stated that the foal usually carries the most genes from its mother. “And hey, I’m not that ugly!”

“Of course not.” Aunt Kate chuckles, before saying “But back when we last saw you, you were a bit of a chubster. Now, look at you. Fit as a fiddle.”

“Ah don’t know.” Applejack puts and arm around Matt, “He wasn’t fat or nothin’, but his former physique was rather charming.” She kisses him on the cheek. Matt blushes and smiles. “That bein’ said, his time on the farm did wonders.”

“That’s right!” Uncle Jason gasps, “You live on a farm!”

“Actually, we live in a house outside the farm, but we work there.” Matt corrects.

“You’re going to have to tell us all about that.” Aunt Lindy states. “Come on, we got dinner all prepared, so let’s eat!”


The dinner in the dining room is lively, with the table extended to fit all the members of the Williams family, with enough chairs to support them. The table is adorned with turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, green bean casserole, and sweet rolls. One could almost mistake this for a Thanksgiving feast, but it is standard of a Williams family get together.

While Matt and the others have their share of the turkey and ham, Applejack and Clementine put their attention on the other food on the table.

“Sorry…” apologizes Aunt Margaret, “Are you two vegetarians?”

“Yeah.” Applejack nods with a small smile, “It’s fine, though. All this other food is delicious.”

“You guys should have told me!” Margaret turns to John and Lucy, “I’ll go make them a salad.”

“No, no…” Applejack shakes her head. “Ya don’t have ta. Clem and ah are perfectly alright, honestly.”

“No wonder Matt is so fit now. You guys made him get rid of his daily intake of meat. Now look at him…” Uncle Terrence points to Matt, who has a piece of ham sticking out of his mouth. “…stuffing his face like he hasn’t seen the stuff in decades.”

“It was a bit of a shaky transition.” Applejack laughs, “But he became accustomed to the new diet pretty quickly.”

“Probably did it while kicking and screaming, no doubt.” Uncle Steve jokes, prompting a laugh from everyone at the table.

“Hey!” Matt objects, food still in his mouth. “I wasn’t kicking and screaming!”

“Oh, yes ya were!” Applejack chortles, “Ya were all like ‘No, AJ! Don’t give me them greens! I’ll die!”

“You’re so over-dramatic.” Matt playfully snides.

“Yer face is over-dramatic.”

“Nice comeback. Not.”

“Ya love it.”

“You bet I do. You know me all too well.”

“Get a room, you two!” Aunt Kate cuts in. Everyone roars in laughter, except for Matt and Applejack, who are fine with the idea, giving each other sultry looks.

“So, Matt, what’s your secret?” Uncle Aaron wonders.

Matt immediately turns to Uncle Aaron with a look of worry on his face. His mind is telling him that they somehow know he’s hiding something big. Living-in-an-alternate-dimension-and-married-to-a–woman-of-a-different-species big. Applejack gives his thigh a light squeeze, knowing that he’s thinking such a crazy thought, and that he shouldn’t be so quick to panic. On the off chance that his fears are unfounded, he holds his tongue on what’s flying around in his mind.

“Um…what secret?” Matt asks after seconds of silence.

“You know. Why you look so young?” Uncle Aaron looks closely at his face. “You’re nearing forty years, and you still look like how you do in the wedding photo; twenty seven! Not a grey hair or a wrinkle on you! So, what is it? Plastic surgery?”

All eyes turn to Matt. He honestly has no idea what to say. He never thought about how he looked, other than its drastic makeover during his first year in Equestria. Whenever he did look in the mirror, he noticed that he had the same face he always did, but never found it odd or suspicious in the slightest.

Looking back at Applejack, even she has her youthful appearance in both human and pony form. Then again, he did mention to her that ponies seem to retain their beauty for quite some time.

Back to the situation before him, he can only think of one thing.

“Diet and exercise, I guess.” Matt shrugged. “Do I really look that young?”

“Let me put it this way…” Uncle Bill chimes in. “…I wish I looked like that when I was your age.”

“No kidding.” Aunt Lindy looks at Applejack. “You two still look in your twenties. It’s hard to believe you guys are parents to a ten year old. Some parents must have mistook you for a teen mom at school.”

“No, all pon…people look like mom.” Clementine says, with no one catching the small save she just made.

“All?!” Uncle Bill goes bug eyed, “I got to go to New Zealand, then!”

“I’m not sure how I feel about you guys leering at my wife.” Matt’s left eyebrow raises.

“Aw, let them leer, sugarcube. It’s adorable.” Applejack rubs his back lovingly.

“Sugarcube?” Aunt Kate catches that. “You have a nickname, Matt?”

“Y-yeah. AJ calls me that all the time.”

“Probably because of how sweet you are on her.” Uncle Bill smirks. “You can’t hide it. I see you looking at her every five seconds.”

The family awes as they see a blush on Matt’s cheeks. He finds his desire of Applejack something that’s impossible to hide, and everyone can see it, Applejack especially.

“That’s an interesting accent you and Clementine have.” Aunt Margaret points out. “Sounds like you guys should be in Texas, rather than New Zealand.”

“Funny y’all should say that.” Applejack spins her yarn. “Ah was born in Texas, along with mah brother Mac and mah sister Ap…Amanda. We decided we needed a change of scenery, and moved to New Zealand. They have much better fruit over there, anyway.”

“Right, the fruit farm.” Aunt Margaret nods, “I had no idea that kind of market was so profitable over there.”

“Neither did we, but it’s been a thrivin’ business.”

“Hey, Clementine.” Uncle Terrence looks over at Clementine. “What’s it like having a goofball for a dad?”

“It’s great!” Clementine says happily, eliciting a chuckle from the family. “Ah mean, Mom is awesome and strong, but Dad is such a klutz! He’s taken more punishment than ah have ever seen!” Everyone laughs at her enthusiasm. “One time, when he was gettin’ a kite that was stuck in a tree, the branch broke, and he fell the WHOLE way down! He got up without so much as a scratch!”

“That’s not completely true.” Matt corrects, “I did have a few bruises afterwards, and had to visit Flutt…Francine for some chiropractic help.”

“Yeah…there’s that…but no cuts or broken bones! I’ve never seen someone who is sturdier than ya!”

“Sounds to me like he’s less of a klutz, and more of a modern day superhero!” Uncle Aaron chortles. “Seems like you guys lead an interesting life.”

“Oh, it’s more than interestin’!” Clementine continues, “Another time, when ah was bein’ bullied at school, Dad threatened to beat up their parents!” Everyone except for Matt and Applejack gasp in shock. Instead, Matt and Applejack look at Clementine with wide eyes at her admittance. “Oh, um…it’s okay, though. The ones that were bullyin’ me are now mah friends! It’s all good!”

“Jesus, Matt.” Aunt Kate is flabbergasted, “I had no idea you were so violent!”

“Oh, ah haven’t even gotten to all of his interactions with chairs!” Clementine is about to prattle on, when Matt puts a hand on her shoulder, effectively stopping her.

“Hey, how about some more mashed potatoes? You like that?”

“Oh goodness! Do ah?!” Clementine nods, allowing Matt to put another helping of mashed potatoes on her plate. She ceases her storytelling, and goes straight to munching on the delicious meal.

“It certainly looks like you live a…eventful new life, Matt.” Aunt Lindy says with a nervous smile. “Tell us, how exactly did you two meet?”

“Oh, uh…” Matt and Applejack lock eyes, wondering what kind of tale they are going to have to spin now. Matt starts off with “Well…I…when I moved to New Zealand…”

“Because of the pony thing, right?” Uncle Aaron interrupts.

“Oh, that’s right!” Aunt Margaret remembers. “You were on the news!” She turns to Applejack. “Did Matt ever tell you that, AJ? He was apparently in possession of a couple of colorful looking ponies! They talked and everything!”

“Yeah…he told me about that.” Applejack attempts to suppress a snicker.

“Everyone was after him. The police, the FBI, the whole government as far as I’m concerned!” Uncle Terrence chimes in. “They came to each and every one of us; asking all sorts of questions about Matt. If you ask me, I’m surprised it took them so long to find out where he lived! Didn’t you live in an apartment in New York?”

“Yeah. I did.”

“This guy managed to have these creatures living with him for two whole days, until he disappeared! Whatever happened to those ponies?”

“They went back home.” Matt bluntly put. “Once they left, I decided to get out of dodge until the whole thing blew over.”

“And that’s when you met AJ, right?” Aunt Margaret asks.

“Right, AJ. Well, we didn’t officially meet until a couple weeks after I arrived. I was taking a drive, when I spotted her farm. When I decided to take a closer look, that’s when I saw AJ working with her brother, Mac. Even from afar, I was taken in by how beautiful she was.” Matt takes Applejack’s hand.

“He spent the next two weeks drivin’ by, just ta check me out.” Applejack giggled. “I wasn’t until we was startin’ up the busy season, that he decided to actually attempt to talk ta me.”

“I drove up to the farm, where AJ was getting ready for work, and I got her attention by…”

“Clearing yer throat in the loudest way possible.” Applejack simulates the sound in obnoxious fashion, much to the amusement of everyone. “Mah back was turned to him, and ah was like ‘what in tarnation is that creature makin’ that racket?’ Of course, it turned out ta be you.”

“She looked at me with confusion, and said ‘who in the heck are ya?!’” Matt does his best southern voice. “And I said…”

“Duhhhhhhh…..” Applejack sticks her tongue out, making a silly face. “That’s how ah knew this guy was attracted to me. Ah was surprised, too. No one had ever drooled over me as much as this guy did.”

“Then, I managed to compose myself…”

“After five minutes of starin’…”

“And I said…”

“Pardon me, miss. But, ah have ta say…”

“You’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.”

Everyone says a simultaneous “Awwww….” Before Uncle Aaron interrupts with “And then you punched him in the face for saying something so creepy.”

“Yer dang right I did!” Applejack laughs. “Ya don’t say that to someone ya just met! Ah said, ‘yer big city charms may work there, but not on me!’ Of course, that was before he told me that was the first time he said that to anyone. After that, ah kinda thought it was sweet.”

“She gave me a job to work at her farm, after that. Had a black eye for a while, but I didn’t mind so much.”

“He was such a hard worker, and it was through that work, that he looks as he does now. Ah had ta say, now ah was the one taking the ganders.”

“It took us a long while to admit our feeling for each other…”

“But when we did, we never looked back.”

“Then, a few months after we got married, AJ was pregnant, and nine months after that, we had little Clementine over there…stuffing her face with mashed potatoes.” Everyone looks to see Clementine still happily eating, prompting a laugh.

“That was a great story.” Aunt Kate swoons.

“Yeah, the way you guys told it, it was almost as if I heard that story for the first time.” Matt’s Father gives a knowing wink, complimenting them on a job well done.


Hours passed, conversations were had, presents were given to Clementine for her belated birthday, and time was finally beginning to come to its inevitable end. The family helped clear the table, with Applejack helping to clean the dishes in the kitchen sink. Matt tends to Clementine, who is watching cartoons on the television in the living room. The Uncles and Matt’s Father prefer to watch sports, but Clementine refuses to relinquish control of the remote.

“I have to say, AJ, you are a delight.” Aunt Margaret beams. “I’m surprised you were able to control such a goofball like Matt.”

“Hey.” Matt’s Mother relents, “I’m here, you know.”

“I’m just teasing, Lucy. You know I find Matt to be a sweetheart…sorry, AJ…sugarcube.” she chuckles at the saying of the word. “Buy, my point still stands. You are an absolute doll. I can’t wait to meet the rest of your family.”

“Aw, shucks.” Applejack blushes. “Ah would love to bring em here, but they’re not the biggest fans of travel. Mac, Amanda, and Granny Smith hate flyin’, and as fer driving…yikes. Forget about that one, too.” She shakes her head with a giggle.

Matt leaves Clementine in the living room, going towards the kitchen with a plate that needs cleaning.

That’s when he hears it.

“Well, what about your parents?” Aunt Margaret asks. “Do you think they’d be up for the trip?”

Matt immediately ducks around the corner to listen in. The pause in the kitchen is palpable, and feels like it could go on for a while. Applejack’s pleasant smirk droops down into one of remorse, and her once energetic cleaning motions on the dishes slow to a crawl, with her hands slowly descending into the bubbly water.

Aunt Margaret begins to realize that she might have struck a chord she never meant to strike. Empathy crosses her face, as she put her hand on Applejack’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t…”

“No…it’s fine.” Applejack nods sadly. “Mah parents are…not here…anymore. It was a long time ago.”

“Does Matt know?”

“He knows that they’re gone, but he hasn’t asked for specifics. The first time he asked, ah kinda didn’t want ta talk about it, so he hasn’t wondered since.”

“Oh, AJ…” Aunt Kate joins in on comforting her. “We’re sorry for prying.”

“No, y’all didn’t pry. Ah figured that y’all was gonna ask at some point. It’s just…still a sore subject for me.”

Matt leans back on the wall, remembering when he asked her about her parents, and the sad reaction that followed. He chose to not ask again, out of fear of seeing that face again, as the moment he saw it, it broke his heart to see her sad. Removing the thoughts from his mind, Matt put on a smile, walking back around the corner to see them.

“Hey, guys.” Matt smiles. “Sorry for bringing another plate to clean.”

“O-oh.” Matt’s Mother shakes her head. “It’s no trouble, Matt. Thank you.”

Matt goes straight over to Applejack, putting the plate into the soapy water in front of her. Gently, he puts a hand on her wet fingertips, touching them gently. She slowly looks at him, wondering why he’s being so intimate, when he goes in for a long kiss on the cheek. He’s there for a while, bringing comfort to the farmpony turned human; almost forgetting that his relatives are in the same room as they are.

Without words, Matt pulls back, resting his forehead on hers, before leaving the kitchen, never breaking eye contact from her. A blush graces Applejack’s cheeks; she attempts to get back to cleaning, but it’s a bit of a challenge after that affectionate display.

“Oh my…” Aunt Lindy states. “He’s REALLY changed. Whatever you’re doing to make him like that…keep doing it.”


Later, after everyone has said their goodbyes, Matt’s Aunts and Uncles leave for the night, promising to see each other again soon. When the last car leaves, Matt, Applejack and Clementine are left with his parents.

“We got the guest room all set up for Clementine.” Matt’s Mom says, “Unless she prefers to be with you guys.”

“No way!” Clementine speaks up, “Ah want the guest room!” She runs past Matt’s Mother into the guest room, laying down on the comfortable bed. “It’s bouncy! Ah like it!”

“Guess she made her decision.” Matt chuckles. “I really like what you guys did with the place.” Matt looks around the house, marveling at the improvements that were made; something he wasn’t given the chance to do when they were speaking with the family.

“We figured it was time to give the place a bit of an extra kick.” Matt’s Father smirks. “Besides, we finally fixed up those dang thin walls. Now every room is soundproof!”

“I finally won’t have to listen to him playing that internet poker with the speakers turned up in the next room.” said Matt’s Mother in relief.

“And I won’t have to listen to you watching those dumb court shows…also with the speakers turned up!” he replies in good fun. They share a laugh. “Aside from the walls, your room is still the same. We put the posters up the same way you left them.”

“Well, that’s not going to make me feel weird.” Matt chortles, thinking of himself nearing his forties, yet sleeping in a room that is more suited for a twenty something. “Hey, Clem. What do you say to your grandparents?”

Clementine jumps off the bed, running into the outstretched arms of her Grandmother, hugging her tightly with love and thanks.

“Thank ya, Granny and Grandpa!” Clementine says happily, before darting back into her room and back on the bouncy mattress, laughing at each bounce.


Saying goodnight to the parents and Clementine, Matt and Applejack head upstairs and into his room. True to their word, Matt’s room barely looks like it had any modifications done. The posters are exactly where they were, along with any films that he didn’t bring with him when moving to Equestria as his permanent residence. Matt gets into the bed, which is as comfortable as it ever was, and Applejack joins him, resting her head atop his chest, as he embraces her gently.

“Ah know your folks said the room was soundproof, but ah kinda just want ta cuddle tonight.”

“You know what? I was thinking the same thing.”

“Liar.”

“No, I’m serious.” Matt chuckles. “Cuddling is seriously great.”

“Ah really like this house. Yer parents did a great job with the bits…ah mean money we gave them. If we lived in this world, this would be a perfect place.”

“It would, wouldn’t it.” Matt nods. He then thinks about what Applejack just said. “Wait…are you thinking…”

“No, sugarcube.” Applejack pats his chest. “Ah may like yer world of what I’ve seen, but we got way more friends in Equestria. Not ta mention I’m kinda attached to mah hooves.” She cutely chuckles. “Would make a fun summer home, though. Ah kinda wonder if Celestia would want ta make bands for all of us. Have slumber parties, play games, truth or dare…”

“What are we, thirteen?”

“Can’t help but be curious what Twi and the others would look like as humans. REAL humans, by the way. That other dimension Twi went to doesn’t count.” Applejack shakes her head. As they relax into each other, her mind goes to downstairs, where Clementine sleeps in her room. “Ya think Clementine is okay?”

“Yeah, I think she’s doing great. How come?”

“Nothin.” Applejack smirks. “She seemed ta be havin’ fun today.”

“Sorry about the family. I didn’t know they were going to be here.”

“That’s okay. Ah thought they were nice. Yer Uncles kept checkin’ me out, though.”

“Can’t say I blame them, but that was a bit weird. Would have had to bust out my chair powers.”

“Ya mean the power ta pick up chairs and smack folks with em’? That’s not a superpower, that’s just you bein’ you.”

“To be fair, it’s been quite a while since I had to use my powers for the good of all kinds, pony and human. My arms long for the day where I smacked around evil.”

“Well, they have a better use now. Wrappin’ round me and makin’ me comfortable.”

“Hmmm…” Matt smiles, “I guess they are being put to better use, in that regard. Still, I get the feeling that they’ll be put to use at some point in the future.”

“Probably…” Applejack yawns, getting comfortable in her embrace. “Maybe when Clem gets a coltfriend.”

“Yeah….” Matt chuckles, “When Clem gets a coltfriend.” His mind goes to when that day would come; imagining a nervous colt on the front porch, shaking in his hooves as Matt would tower over him with a chair in his hands, and a bit of lighting flashing behind him for good measure. “I can see that happening.”

“I’m sure Clem can see that happenin’, too. Now, stop thinkin’ bout chair beatins, and cuddle with me.”

“Your wish is my command.” Matt smiles, laying down in a more comfortable position, feeling the warmth of Applejack against him relaxes his body and mind. Her soft breathing and gentle touch soothes him, as he caresses her back and waist, before they both go to sleep, and off to dreamland.