• Published 13th Jul 2014
  • 4,700 Views, 206 Comments

Digging a Hole - Night Music



A lost race of an ancient creature reemerges from the mountain of Canterlot, chanting they make their way through Canterlot and towards the mountain opposite of Ponyville.

  • ...
45
 206
 4,700

Hole

Author's Note:

When I write like this, it means the chanting is heard from everyone in the scene. So you could just listen to the song over and over again if you want.

"What was that?!" Shining yelled out as he watched the leader leap out the window, the singing continuing to fade as the army of Dwarves traveled deeper into Canterlot city. As Shining Armor looked over to his soldiers there was an air of silence that hung over them. A strange look on all of their faces. A look of respect, as their heads hung low, pointed towards the floor. Them, the elite of the crystal guard had failed to stop an army of mini Minotaur 's. And now they were marching through Canterlot probably destroying the rest of the city.


"Princess Celestia! We made contact!" Twilight shouted as she busted through the library doors.

Celestia bolted upward at the sudden noise.

"Twilight, what was it? What was in the tunnel?" Celestia asked grabbing Twilight with her magic and pulling closer.

"They looked like an army of miniature Minotaurs, my brother and his soldiers decided to try and hold them off, but I don't think even they could do something like that."

"Sister! We have found out what was causing the Earth shaking!" Luna shouted as she burst through the door also. She was holding a book in her magic.

"Small Minotaurs? Where have I heard of that before?" Celestia asked herself as she put Twilight down.

"Sister, because we have! Do you not remember the happenings after Discord was sealed away?"

"Not really, what are you talking about Luna?"

"Sister look here, there is a section in which it depicts a species just like the ones we have found and the ones we saw!" Luna said as she shoved the book into Celestia's face as she began reciting what it had said in the article.

Humans, a guide to the species.

Humans or Homo-Sapien, is a tall bipedal being with claws like a Griffon and the physicality's of a Minotaur, except the upper body and the legs are not are not defined with the same amount of muscle, they also seem to lack any horns or snout, instead they have a mostly flat face with a nose and two forward facing eyes with a mouth below those. Their ears are also on both sides of their heads. Created by Discord these creatures are extremely chaotic, with only a few cases of very well behaved. Ultimately, for being so different and hated they were pushed into the mountain caves near the new city called Ponyville, they have not been seen since.

"The only part that doesn't sound like what I saw was the height part, they aren't tall at all, well, they were taller but not that tall." Twilight said as she look at Luna and Celestia.

Knock Knock Knock

"Come in" Celestia said towards the door. And Shining Armor poked his head into the room.

"Celestia, the creatures got into the city, they made there way out from the throne room." Shining said as he walked into the room.

"Are your guards okay? Was anypony hurt?" Celestia asked.

"No Princess Celestia, but the Dwarves are in the city now."

"WHAT?!" Celestia shouted as she shot upwards and ran towards the window. Indeed, there were thousands of them and they appeared to be building something in the town square.

"We need to get down there and see what they are doing!" Celestia said as she opened the window and dove out.


"Halt! What are you doing to my city!?" Celestia said as she floated feet above the army of Dwarves.

They all looked at her has they continued to build what ever they were constructing, it looked like a shrine, but there was nothing on it. The leader jumped onto the shrine with something in his hands. He stared at Celestia with a smile on his face. Hep ut down what appeared to be an onyx block with white swirls on each side of it and he quickly jumped back down.

Rumble Rumble Rumble

A portal opened up on each side of the shrine and the leader began to chant again.

Brothers of the mine rejoice!
Swing, swing, swing with me
Raise your pick and raise your voice!
Sing, sing, sing with me
Down and down into the deep
Who knows what we'll find beneath?
Diamonds, rubies, gold and more
Hidden in the mountain store

Dwarves began to march out from the portals, they began chanting with the others.

Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone
Raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home
Skin made of iron, steel in our bones
To dig and dig makes us free
Come on brothers sing with me!

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

More and more flowed from the portals, hundreds becoming thousands

The sunlight will not reach this low
Deep, deep in the mine
Never seen the blue moon glow
Dwarves won't fly so high
Fill a glass and down some mead!
Stuff your bellies at the feast!
Stumble home and fall asleep
Dreaming in our mountain keep

Born underground, grown inside a rocky womb
The earth is our cradle; the mountain shall become our tomb
Face us on the battlefield; you will meet your doom
We do not fear what lies beneath
We can never dig too deep

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

The army of Dwarves were still flowing out from the portal, but the others were marching away from Celestia.

Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone
Raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home
Skin made of iron, steel in our bones
To dig and dig makes us free
Come on brothers sing with me!

All of Dwarves that had come out of the portal were all holding devices that seemed buzz and whir with energy

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

With the chanting still continuing, the others that had marched away from Celestia began to fire their devices at the cities buildings, to her surprise the buildings began to rebuild themselves, the Dwarves continued to march to the exit of the city firing their weapons at any building that was in ruins.

Celestia watched as the Dwarves were exiting her city, while a whole group of others began to wander the city still chanting.

The orange haired one still leading them in the song, all from behind the massive army. The city shook from the vibrations of the chanting along with the pounding of their feet.

Brothers of the mine rejoice!
Swing, swing, swing with me
Raise your pick and raise your voice!
Sing, sing, sing with me
Down and down into the deep
Who knows what we'll find beneath?
Diamonds, rubies, gold and more
Hidden in the mountain store

All the Dwarves that were left began to march towards the exit of the city, still chanting away.

Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone
Raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home
Skin made of iron, steel in our bones
To dig and dig makes us free
Come on brothers sing with me!

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

The only one left was their leader as he sat at the exit of the city, looking at Celestia with a smirk on his face. He turned and began to march with his fellow Dwarves.

The sunlight will not reach this low
Deep, deep in the mine
Never seen the blue moon glow
Dwarves won't fly so high
Fill a glass and down some mead!
Stuff your bellies at the feast!
Stumble home and fall asleep
Dreaming in our mountain keep

Born underground, grown inside a rocky womb
The earth is our cradle; the mountain shall become our tomb
Face us on the battlefield; you will meet your doom
We do not fear what lies beneath
We can never dig too deep

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

The music fading as the Dwarf army began to vanish behind the city doors.

Born underground, suckled from a teat of stone
Raised in the dark, the safety of our mountain home
Skin made of iron, steel in our bones
To dig and dig makes us free
Come on brothers sing with me!

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

Celestia sat there, with her mouth gaping open. Behind her were the Elements of harmony and the guards with Shining Armor, Luna and Cadence, all of them sharing the same face as Celestia.