• Published 13th Jul 2014
  • 4,700 Views, 206 Comments

Digging a Hole - Night Music



A lost race of an ancient creature reemerges from the mountain of Canterlot, chanting they make their way through Canterlot and towards the mountain opposite of Ponyville.

  • ...
45
 206
 4,700

Diggy

Rumble

"How long will this go on?" Celestia asked herself. The tremors from the mountain growing with intensity with each passing day.

The city was in a state of ruin, buildings had collapsed and the cities walls had crumbled from their position around the city. The citizens had seeked answers from Celestia herself about the recovery of the buildings and the wall. The worry about an attack from one of the other nations was clear. But none of the questions were answered, because Celestia had none at all.

Celestia had her top Unicorns working on figuring out what was causing the tremors, but they couldn't give her anything since the source kept moving. The one thing that the Unicorns had found were some resonant vibrations coming from the source.

With no answers Celestia had hoped the tremors would just stop, but they had no intentions on stopping. Since the tremors continued and the city was becoming ever more demolished she had evacuated the city. Only her, Luna, and the teams of Unicorn, Earth, and Pegasi ponies were still in the city, trying to alleviate the punishment the city was taking.

"Sister, how are you doing?" Luna asked as she stepped into the throne room, which, like the rest of the city, was also in shambles. Most of the windows were shattered to pieces, and the banners were tattered from the lack of care.

"I'm fine Luna, I just have to watch as my city dies for an unknown reason!" Celestia shouted as she turned towards Luna.

A moment of silence past before Celestia spoke up.

"I'm sorry sister, I didn't mean to shout at you, It's just that... These quakes, there is nothing to explain them, nothing. It's not the earth, it's not magic, it's just... nothing."

"Yes sister, we know, we are going to keep looking for an answer until something else happens. No matter what, we will never leave your side." Luna said as she nuzzled Celestia's neck.

"Thank you Luna, I just hope we can find the answer somewhere." Celestia said as she looked at the last standing window in the hall, it was the window of Twilight Sparkles Coronation.


"There has to be an answer somewhere!" Twilight said as she dashed around the library ripping books from the shelves and reading them for any clue to what was happening. She needed to know what was going on with the mountain on which Canterlot was placed on.

"Spike! Come down here and help!" Twilight shouted to the stair way.

"Alright! You do know you sent me up there to have me check your private collections of books don't you?" Spike said as he dashed down the set of stairs. As soon as he got to the bottom of the stairs, Spike clutched his gut and began to smoke from the mouth.

Belch

As soon as the letter materialized Twilight was there to snatch it out of the air with her magic. And she began to read it.

Dear Twilight,


We need you to come up to Canterlot right away, bring all of your friends also, there presence is needed along with your own.

-Princess Celetia

The scroll was wound back up and Twilight said, "Spike gather everypony else, we are heading to Cantlerot."


After Arrival in Canterlot

The Elements of Harmony had arrived and stepped off the train with their bags in tow.

"This place ain't looking to good, what happened here?" AppleJack asked as she stepped off the train.

"Apparently, there were earthquakes that had shook the city apart, but I didn't know it was this bad." Twilight said as she followed suit with Applejack as she looked back at the rest of their group.

"I hope nopony got hurt, that would be horrible..." Fluttershy said to nopony in particular.

"Me neither Fluttershy, hey, maybe after we get this place fixed and spruced up, maybe we can throw a party for rebuilding the city after it was nearly destroyed" Pinkie said as she hopped along with her normal cheerful manner.

"Maybe the party can wait, I need you all to follow me." Celestia said as she stepped towards the group.

"Wait Princess, what do you need us here for, your letter didn't really go into any detail, and I thought you already had ponies working on this...?"

"The questions can wait also, just follow me, time is of the essence." Celestia said as she turned around and began to walk towards the castle.

"Can we ask questions while we walk? If time is of the essence, we should start as soon as possible." Twilight stated.

"Fine." Celestia said without stopping.


"Okay, now for the rest of your questions." Celestia said as she closed the doors to the throne room.

"Like I had asked before Princess... what do you exactly need us for?" Twilight asked as she looked back towards all her friends.

"I have an idea on what to do about how to solve these earthquakes."

"But Princess, you said that you had all of your top ponies working on this, what could we possibly do that they can't?" Rarity asked skeptical of what the Princess' plan was.

"The idea, while only a theory, what if you six were to use the Elements to enhance all of your magical abilities, so you could found out what is causing the quakes that plague the city." Celestia said as she had been pacing in front of the main six.

"Could we actually do that? Like make us even better than what we are now?" Rainbow Dash asked as the thought of being able to fly even faster shot through her mind.

Rumble Rumble Rumble

"Maybe, I don't honestly know. But it's the only chance we have to stop this city from falling off the side of the mountain."

"Okay, we'll try, come on girls we can do this, Spike can you hand us the Elements?" Twilight asked when she turned to look at Spike.

"Sure thing." Spike said as he began to rummage through a bag in his claws.

"There we are, here you all go, the Elements of Harmony." Spike said as he handed each of the ponies in front of him their respective Element.

"Okay... here goes nothing." Twilight said as she felt the Elements power course through her, not long after, she began to feel the vibrations coming from the source, there was definitely something to it though, it felt as though there was a pattern to the vibrations.