• Published 10th Jul 2014
  • 2,129 Views, 56 Comments

Soarin's Scales 2: Childs Play - Thebravenorse



Soarin and Spike have been living happily for the past year together. But when Spike wants something more than what they already have, will Soarin agree? All this and more! on this next installment of Soarin's Scales!

  • ...
22
 56
 2,129

Your new home

Soarin's Scales 2
Chapter Four:
Your new home

After that long, and well, unexpected train ride the train robbers were taken to jail, and Spike, Soarin and Rose had returned home. Spike and Soarin had to be careful not to wake anypony up in town. It was still dark out, just over midnight, and the pair didn't want anypony to know about Rose just yet.

And they prayed to the Gods that Pinkie Pie wouldn't notice.

But thankfully they returned home safe and sound, and without anypony seeing them.

At this moment Spike, Soarin and Rose had just walked into there home.

“And this Rose..” Spike looked around. “is your new home. I hope you like it. Also! Your room is upstairs, me and your daddy got it all set up a few days ago” Spike looked down at the little filly and smiled.

Rose didn't notice though. She was to engaged in the moment. 'This... this is better than I ever dreamed of... ' Thought Rose.

Soarin leaned into Spike side, both daddy's looking at there new daughters stunned expression.

Soarin laughed. “I think she likes it”.

“Yep”.

Rose turned around and looked at her daddy's with tears in her eyes. “No.. I don't like it”.

Both dragon and pegasus smiles fell.

“I LOVE it!” She ran up to them and jumped into there arms.

Spike and Soarin both sighed with joy.

* * *

At that moment in the upstairs bedroom of Suggercube Corner, Pinkie Pie smiled in her sleep.

“There's somepony new in town...” She mumbled.

Then the crazy party pony fell back into a deep sleep. She after all, would need all her energy for the upcoming welcome to Ponyville party!

* * *

Back at the Spike household, Rose and Soarin were playing boardgames. For the past hour they had played games Battleship, Candy-Land, Life, but Rose favorite of all time was Monopoly!

“Daddy! Watch out for my railroad, because if you land on it you'll have to pay me! ” Yelled Rose. Soarin wasn't paying any attention to the game, he moved his top hat piece without even looking.

“Rose I've been playing this game since before you were born. I think that I know what-”

"Um... daddy" She interrupted

"Yes my little sweets?".

"You landed on my railroad" She giggled. Soarin looked down, and you'll be darned, she was right!

“Oh! come on!" Screamed Soarin flipping the board game. Rose patted her daddy on the back with a hoof.

“Its okay daddy. You can't win them all”.

"Still sucks that I lost" Soarin crossed his hoofs and pouted like a baby.

* * *

Spike smiled from the kitchen, watching his favorite pegasus and unicorn play together.

* * *

At that moment both Twilight and Rainbow Dash shot up in there beds.

“Was I just demoted on a friends most awesome unicorn chart?”

“Did somepony just think that there's a better pegasus than me!?”

They both really weren’t shore on why they had this feeling, but what they did know was that they both really, really wanted to punch Spike right about now.

Closing there eye's they fell back asleep.

* * *

“Dinner is done!” Called Spike from the kitchen.

“Awesome!” Both Soarin and Rose jumped over the couch and ran into the kitchen. But before they could get to the food Spike stopped them.

“Now I now that your new to the rules here Rose, so I won't blame you. But your daddy Soarin knows that we do not eat UNTILL we wash our hoofs” Said Spike glaring at his coltfriend, who in return rolled his eyes. Rose on the other hand giggled and nodded.

Going over to the sink Rose washed her hoofs. Then she was able to eat at the table.

As Rose was eating, Soarin and Spike were still in a staring contest. Both not backing down.

“I'm not going to wash my hoofs Spike...”.

“Yes you are, there dirty!”.

“My hoofs are fine! So I'm not going to wash them!”.

“Your acting like a child!”.

“lalalala, I can't hear you, lalalala..”

“Soarin! If you don't was you hoofs right now, you won't be getting any of this...” Spike shook is flank at his coltfriend, who in return blushed. “... for a year!”.

Soarins eyes widened. 'He can't be serious. That flank is my favorite past time!' But the look on Spikes face confirmed his fears.

So that was the end of that. Soarin washed his hoofs, and the three sat down to eat as a family.

“Daddy?” Asked Rose. Soarin looked up from his food, but taking a sip of water. “when dad showed you his butt, why did you blush and give up so easily?”.

Both fathers spit out there drinks. Spike was laughing madly on the floor, rolling around. But Soarin on the other hand blushed and hid his face behind his mane.

“hahaha Oh my god!” Spike grabbed his side's. “to much.. hahah.. to funny!”.

Soarin rolled his eyes, blushing. “Its not that funny” he muttered.

Rose had watched the entire seen unfold. And she was supper confused. 'All I did was ask a question?' But the little filly shrugged and went back to her food.

* * *

Rose lay in her new bed, in her new room, with her new daddy's giving her a goodnight kiss and hug.

“We love you, Rose” They both said. “And now get some sleep. We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow.” Spike added.

“I love you too daddy's” She yawned. “And I will”.

Spike and Soarin trotted to the door. “Do you want your nightlight on” She nodded. “okay then.. goodnight Rose” Said Spike, turning on her Power Pony's nightlight.

“Goodnight, most awesome filly in the world!” Cheered Soarin. Rose giggled. And Spike rolled his eyes, but smiled.

Then the door closed.

I think that I'm going to love it here Smiled Rose, as she feel into a deep sleep.

* * *

Spike and Soarin both lay in bed sweating and panting.

“Man, that was tight!” exclaimed Soarin.

“Yea it was” Spike agreed. “being fathers is a lot of work, but it pays off when you see you kids smile at the end of the day”.

Soarin nodded. Then an idea came to him. He rolled over onto his side, dragging a hoof down Spikes rock hard chest. “Soooo, you wanna have sex!?”.

Spike rolled his eyes and grinned. “Okay, but make it a fast one. Also keep it quite, Rose is sleeping in the next room”.

He nodded. 'A perfect end to a perfect day' Thought Soarin.

'Gods, I'm going to be sore in the morning' Thought Spike.

Author's Note:

Just a fun chapter about the lifestyle of Spike, Soarin, and Rose.

Also sorry if you all were expecting this chapter to be about Spike and Soarin telling everypony about Rose. That's the next chapter! because even a dragon, wonderbolt, and little filly need too sleep.