• Published 10th Jul 2014
  • 5,202 Views, 224 Comments

Rainbow Unicorn: Friendship is Magic - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



A unicorn version of Rainbow Dash is sent to Ponyville

  • ...
3
 224
 5,202

Back To The Castle

Princess Luna's eyes went wide as she stepped into the room. Tapestries of dark blue, purple, and black with silver trim and highlights decorated the walls. Artificial stars covered the ceiling, twinkling like they were real, and even designed to mimic actual constellations.

The princess moved into her room, feeling the thick, luxurious fabric of the rug against her hooves. Continuing to make her way in, she looked at the four poster bed with a canopy that was trimmed with Luna's cutie mark.

"This...this is to be our quarters?" she asked, turning to look at her sister.

"This is yours, yes," Celestia confirmed with a smile. "It has a balcony for when you want to look outside, or are ready to raise and lower the moon once more, a personal bathroom, a bell pull in case you need something such as a snack or assistance.

"Also, there is a passage, connecting your room to mine." Celestia's horn lit up with magic as she turned to face one of the walls. The spot began to glow with her energy before moving to reveal a staircase. "This way you can come and see me whenever you wish without having to worry about being stopped in the halls."

"That seems unnecessary," Luna said as she looked up at the hidden.

"Perhaps," Celestia admitted with a nod, "but I thought you might want to know. You can come and see me at any time."

"...thank you..." Luna whispered, smiling slightly.

"Anytime." Celestia leaned forward to give her sister a gentle nuzzle. She then took a step back.

"Now, I will leave you to adjust to your new accommodations and get some rest."

Luna gave a nod and watched her sister leave, shutting the door. She then turned around and looked at her room.

A room. An actual room. With an actual bed. This seemed better than her old quarters. It was certainly better than... than... where ever it was she had been staying for the last thousand years.

A thousand years...

It was still hard to believe that she had been go for so long. Generations of regular ponies have come and gone. So much must have changed in that time. There was a lot for her to catch up on.

And Luna knew exactly where she wanted to start.

With a big plate of gooey, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and a large glass of cold milk.

Heading over to the bell rope, Luna gripped it in her teeth and gave it a firm tug. Now, she just needed to wait for the servant to arrive so she could get her snack.

Meanwhile, Princess Celestia made her way through the halls. She hummed gently to herself as walked, carrying a pink bakery box on her back. She smiled at the guards, giving them a nod as she passed. The guards did not do much to acknowledge it, but she could see the slight difference.

Soon, she found herself standing before the door that she had been looking for. There was a moment of pause as she noticed the door had once again been vandalized. It was odd since the most likely culprit could not have possibly done it this time. She took a step back and turned to look at one of the guards.

"You wouldn't happen to know who did this, would you?" she asked.

"Did what, ma'am?" the guard asked, face stern and eyes forward.

Princess Celestia gave a shake of her head and turned her attention back to the door. Moving toward it once again, she reached up and knocked.

"Who is it?" Blueblood called out.

"It is I," the princess called out. "May I come in?"

The door opened, allowing the princess access to Blueblood's living quarters (which were once again marked at Prince Blubberbutt's).

"I am glad to see you are well," Blueblood stated at Celestia entered. "The extended duration of night time had me worried."

"Well as you can see," Celestia stated, "I am quite well." She smiled, touched by her nephew's sentiment.

"Wonderful."

"Anyway," she said as she moved further into the room. "I have some news that I thought you would like to hear."

Prince Blueblood looked at her curiously, raising an eyebrow.

"Rainbow Burst will no longer be staying in the castle," Celestia announced. "She will not even be staying in Canterlot."

Blueblood's jaw clenched to keep from shouting out in joy and relief. The little hooligan was gone, most likely due to incarceration. Alternatively, it was also possible that she had run off with some amoral stallion who would abandon her before their first foal was even born. Whatever the case, he no longer had to worry about the uncultured little commoner. No more humiliating pranks, no more being embarrassed in front of the servants, no more her. It was like his birthday and hearth's warming all wrapped up in one, and he got the perfect present.

"Oh?" he asked in a calm manner.

"Yes. She will be staying in a town called Ponyville where she will be continuing to study and practice magic, while also learning about friendship." She give him a smirk. "More than likely there will be times when she visits, so you do not need to worry about missing her too much."

Blueblood's former enthusiasm was suddenly extinguished by the news. It seemed that she in fact was not out of his life forever. Hopefully, her visits would be few -- very few -- and far between (say once every hundred years or so). He also had to hope that when she visited, the hooligan would be far too busy with whatever Princess Celestia required to perform any of those atrocious pranks on him.

"Also," Celestia said as her horn started to glow, "she sent a gift for you."

Using her magic, the princess lifted the pink box from her back. She held it out in front of her for Prince Blueblood to see before opening it.

"An entire box of cupcakes," she announced as she lifted the lid.

Prince Blueblood stared at the contents. Inside the box was six supposed cupcakes. Each one was in a purple paper wrapper and covered with a bright pink frosting. The coating was too thick and well-covering to hide the type of cupcakes made.

Blueblood did not like it. This had to be some sort of prank. They were probably filled with laxatives, or dirt. There is no way that she would simply give him a box of cupcakes without doing something to them first.

Unless...

Princess Celestia was standing right in front of him with it. Maybe the little hooligan did nothing to the cupcakes. Maybe her plan was to have him refuse something that was more fitting for the commoners than his royal palette. Doing so would mean refusing what could be seen as an attempt at making amends and insulting her, right in front of the princess no less. The very act would most likely offend Celestia herself.

So it was a conundrum. He could not simply take one of the cupcakes and eat it, for fear of what might have been done to them. At the same time, he could not outright reject them without risking offending Princess Celestia by proxy.

Then he got the best idea ever.

Using his own magic, he took a hold of the pastry box and turned it around.

"My," he said with a smile, "they look so wonderful. Would you care for one?" He held the box up, offering it to Princess Celestia.

It was perfect. No matter what happened, he would get credit with the princess for being so kind and considerate at to be willing to share the cupcakes he had been given. If they were safe, no harm done and he would be able to enjoy the rest of them in peace. If something had been done to them -- as he suspected -- it would, unfortunately, be Celestia who suffered for it, but he would be safe and the princess would finally do something about the little nuisance. Maybe banish her. Or lock her in a cage. Or maybe banish her, then lock her in a cage in the place that she had been banished to.

"How thoughtful," Celestia said as she took one. "Thank you, Blueblood."

"Any time," he responded, watching.

Celestia took a hold of the cupcake and took a big bite of it. She closed her eyes and let out a small hum of pleasure as she savored it. There was chocolate, rich, deep, and sweet. There was also something else. Something that gave it a strong contrast and made her mouth tingle. She was going to have to try and get the recipe from Pinkie Pie so that she could enjoy these more often.

Prince Blueblood watched as she took another bite. It seemed like she was enjoying it quite a bit, and no indication of it being a problem for her. They cupcakes seemed to be safe...unless they were filled with laxatives.

Setting the box down, he picked up one of the cupcakes and looked at it as he peeled the paper wrapper off. It did indeed look to be chocolate. While making the cupcake more tempting, it also did nothing to stay his paranoia on the matter. At least if he was correct and there was such an ingredient in them, it would be far more embarrassing for Princess Celestia -- who would either have to constantly interrupt her court meetings to use the bathroom or cancel them altogether -- than it would be for him -- who would just have to stay in his quarters for a day or two.

Although, if it were, surely one bite would do no harm, right?

Finally working up the nerve, Prince Blueblood took a bite out of the cupcake.

A tingly sensation spread across his upper lip where it had touched the frosting. Blueblood's tongue started to burn, getting hotter and hotter as the cupcake touched more and more of the surface until he could take no more.

As she finished her own cupcake, Celestia opened her eyes just in time to watch Blueblood take his first bite. She found herself watching in fascination as his face went from its typical calm white color to a bright red. She could swear she could even hear steam coming from his ears.

"HOT!!" Blueblood shrieked as he spat out the bite of cupcake. "Hot! Hot! Hot!"

He ran toward the door and out the room.

"Water! I need WATER!"

Why didn't he just go to the bathroom? Celestia wondered as she watched him take off and disappear down the hall. She then turned her attention back to the box. Considering his reaction, Blueblood surely would have no objection if she helped herself to another one, right?

It was then that she noticed a white envelope stuck in the box among the cupcakes. Curiously, she picked it up and opened it, pulling out the letter (a love letter, perhaps?) inside.

Dear Prince Blueblood,

If you are reading this, then you have gotten my gift, which probably means that Princess Celestia has told you I won't be around. I'm sure that you'll miss me as much as I'll miss you. None. At all.

Don't worry though, I'll have plenty of ideas for pranks the next time I visit. I'll even have some extra help from my new friend, Pinkie Pie. She's kind of weird, but is really funny and is really good at making ponies laugh. I bet she has some great ideas for some pranks.

By the way, she says "Hello Bluey," and hopes that you and her can be "super-duper-DUPER best friends." She's also a baker. Works in a bakery and everything.

Anyway, in the mean time, please enjoy these cupcakes I had her make for you. They are chocolate, chili pepper cupcakes with a cream cheese, hot sauce frosting. Think of it as one last thing to remember our time together by. I wish I could see your face when you take that first bite.

Until next time, don't get too relaxed.

Sincerely,

Rainbow "Prank Master" Burst

P.S. Princess Celestia, if you are reading this, Pinkie wants me to tell you that she included the recipe on a note card that will be in the envelope along with this letter. I don't know why she would thinks you would read this or want the recipe, but she insisted. She can be kind of random at times.

Princess Celestia picked the envelope back up and looked inside. Sure enough, as promised, there was a note card with "Chocolate Chili Pepper Cupcakes" written across the top. She turned her attention back to the letter and smiled.

How sweet, she thought as she put it back in the envelope. Rainbow sent Blueblood a letter along with the gift so he'll have something to remember her by. Perhaps the time apart will do the two of them good. It may cause them to realize all the more how they feel when they begin to miss each other.

Alternatively, spending time away from Canterlot and among ponies that are friends who care for her for her might help Rainbow Burst get over her dislike of Prince Blueblood enough that she will no long feel the need to try to embarrass him.

Considering it all, Princess Celestia set the envelope on top of the box, then put the box onto a table. She turned to head toward the door, but stopped.

Her little sister had always had an interest in pranks, humor, and fun. Perhaps Luna would find the tales of Rainbow's pranks and jokes on Blueblood amusing. She might even be willing to give one of the spicy cupcakes a taste as well.

Grabbing one of the cupcakes again, Princess Celestia took it with her as she left Blueblood's room. She was planning on holding onto the treat and giving it to Luna, but the sight of a servant carrying a tray full of what looked like cookies and a glass of milk made her reconsider.

"Excuse me," Celestia called out, stopping the servant. "Am I correct in assuming that you are taking those cookies to my sister's room?"

"Yes ma'am," the servant answered, giving a slight bow.

Celestia took the tray.

"I will take them to my sister," she stated. "You go ahead and tend to your normal business."

"Yes, princess," the servant said as she started to head back the way she had come from. "Thank you. And have a good evening."

"You as well."

Celestia looked at the tray, then took one cookie. Surely her sister would not miss just one. It was doubtful -- although not impossible -- that Luna would order an exact number of cookies to be delivered to her. Princess Celestia was also tempted to take a drink of the milk, but that would certainly be noticeable.

Setting the cupcake down on the tray with the milk and cookies, the princess carried them with her as she made her way back to her sister's room.

Comments ( 27 )

Rainbow "Prank Master" Dash

*Burst

Just saying :twilightblush:

This an awesome story, Dude!:pinkiehappy: You NEED cover art, though.

Hi, I'm Hopeful_Ink_Hoof, and I have a problem

Hi, Hopeful_Ink_Hoof.

Finally completed!!!
And now I can't wait for next series!!!!
You really have a talent for writing alternate Universes...
You have all my respect Sir :moustache:
I loved the story, the only thing that I have to say to you, is to be careful with the names of the characters... something that honestly was mend to happen once you change the name of the mane 6

Unsure how to parse Blueblood here... I'd very much like him to be a difficult and pompous but ultimately has a heart mostly in the right place noblestallion, maybe not a good pony now but potentially a good pony, instead of a nearly-demon-that-should-be-stripped-of-his-title-and-will never-learn character, but the thought about him being worried about him ruling starting with a crisis instead of being concerned about Celestia at all seems more like he's just being played as a worse version of who he was during the Gala episode.

Anyway it was still pretty good, and perhaps there will be more in this universe?

4830897
Admittedly that does seem out of character in an attempt to make him less sympathetic. *Goes back and removes it* I don't really have an interest in him being a total jerk or outright evil. At the same time, he is not supposed to be a good pony.

It has been one hell of a ride.I really enjoyed reading this. I read a lot of AU stories. One where Twilight was born a Pegasus and Celestia's friend rather than Student. One where Dash was Celestia's student and that was enjoyable. I hope you consider writing another story in the Rainbow Burst series. Bravo good sir! I look forward to the next one..... hopefully :twilightblush:

Note: For those who don't get what just happened (or if you already know what happened), don't askwhy didn't Hopeful put the part where Celestia tells Rainbow Burst that she will be staying in Ponyville to learn more about friendship :twilightsmile:, don't get F**KING/B**KING UPSET ABOUT IT!!! :twilightangry2: Because ya'll should already know what happened..........................................no offense to those who (already) knows. :twilightsheepish:

Best. Story. Ever, Hopeful!! :pinkiehappy: AWESOME JOB, Man! :twilightsmile: :pinkiesmile: :rainbowdetermined2:

Princess be shippin'. :trollestia:

This series. More. Now.

I looove this universe, and you portrayed each of their characters very well, even though I was constantly surprised at how the Mane 6 each handled their challenges. Also, Celestia bonding with Rainbow Burst is just adorable. :raritystarry:

I also support the idea of a sequel, and I actually support the idea of Rainbow Burst x Blueblood.

A wonderful job, just beautiful! :heart:

This story is amazing :rainbowkiss: , I hope that this story will be a continuation

You're good at this AU stuff.

Great story telling and I love the last chapter but I get the sense that Princess Celestia is a lot like pinkie pie in a way.:pinkiecrazy:
p.s. What does AU mean? :rainbowhuh:

5225768 It's the most common short hand for Alternate Universe.

MOAR!!!!!!!!! seriously, this is epic.

"Perhaps," Celestia admitted with a nod, "but I thought you might want to know. You can come and see me at any time."
"...thank you..." Luna whispered, smiling slightly.
"Anytime." Celestia leaned forward to give her sister a gentle nuzzle. She then took a step back.

Daaw.

With a big plate of gooey, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and a large glass of cold milk.

Heh.

Soon, she found herself standing before the door that she had been looking for. There was a moment of pause as she noticed the door had once again been vandalized. It was odd since the most likely culprit could not have possibly done it this time. She took a step back and turned to look at one of the guards.
"You wouldn't happen to know who did this, would you?" she asked.
"Did what, ma'am?" the guard asked, face stern and eyes forward.

Hm...

Blueblood's jaw clenched to keep from shouting out in joy and relief. The little hooligan was gone, most likely due to incarceration. Alternatively, it was also possible that she had run off with some amoral stallion who would abandon her before their first foal was even born. Whatever the case, he no longer had to worry about the uncultured little commoner. No more humiliating pranks, no more being embarrassed in front of the servants, no more her. It was like his birthday and hearth's warming all wrapped up in one, and he got the perfect present.
"Oh?" he asked in a calm manner.

"Yes. She will be staying in a town called Ponyville where she will be continuing to study and practice magic, while also learning about friendship." She give him a smirk. "More than likely there will be times when she visits, so you do not need to worry about missing her too much."
Blueblood's former enthusiasm was suddenly extinguished by the news. It seemed that she in fact was not out of his life forever. Hopefully, her visits would be few -- very few -- and far between (say once every hundred years or so). He also had to hope that when she visited, the hooligan would be far too busy with whatever Princess Celestia required to perform any of those atrocious pranks on him.

Makes me almost feel bad for him. Almost.

"Also," Celestia said as her horn started to glow, "she sent a gift for you."
Using her magic, the princess lifted the pink box from her back. She held it out in front of her for Prince Blueblood to see before opening it.
"An entire box of cupcakes," she announced as she lifted the lid.
Prince Blueblood stared at the contents. Inside the box was six supposed cupcakes. Each one was in a purple paper wrapper and covered with a bright pink frosting. The coating was too thick and well-covering to hide the type of cupcakes made.
Blueblood did not like it. This had to be some sort of prank. They were probably filled with laxatives, or dirt. There is no way that she would simply give him a box of cupcakes without doing something to them first.
Unless...
Princess Celestia was standing right in front of him with it. Maybe the little hooligan did nothing to the cupcakes. Maybe her plan was to have him refuse something that was more fitting for the commoners than his royal palette. Doing so would mean refusing what could be seen as an attempt at making amends and insulting her, right in front of the princess no less. The very act would most likely offend Celestia herself.

Hardly.

"My," he said with a smile, "they look so wonderful. Would you care for one?" He held the box up, offering it to Princess Celestia.
It was perfect. No matter what happened, he would get credit with the princess for being so kind and considerate at to be willing to share the cupcakes he had been given. If they were safe, no harm done and he would be able to enjoy the rest of them in peace. If something had been done to them -- as he suspected -- it would, unfortunately, be Celestia who suffered for it, but he would be safe and the princess would finally do something about the little nuisance. Maybe banish her. Or lock her in a cage. Or maybe banish her, then lock her in a cage in the place that she had been banished to.

Or, she would be able to take a joke.

Celestia took a hold of the cupcake and took a big bite of it. She closed her eyes and let out a small hum of pleasure as she savored it. There was chocolate, rich, deep, and sweet. There was also something else. Something that gave it a strong contrast and made her mouth tingle. She was going to have to try and get the recipe from Pinkie Pie so that she could enjoy these more often.

Nice.

"HOT!!" Blueblood shrieked as he spat out the bite of cupcake. "Hot! Hot! Hot!"
He ran toward the door and out the room.
"Water! I need WATER!"

NOW I feel bad for him. Oh who am I kidding, this is hilarious! Also, water just makes it worse.

Dear Prince Blueblood,
If you are reading this, then you have gotten my gift, which probably means that Princess Celestia has told you I won't be around. I'm sure that you'll miss me as much as I'll miss you. None. At all.
Don't worry though, I'll have plenty of ideas for pranks the next time I visit. I'll even have some extra help from my new friend, Pinkie Pie. She's kind of weird, but is really funny and is really good at making ponies laugh. I bet she has some great ideas for some pranks.
By the way, she says "Hello Bluey," and hopes that you and her can be "super-duper-DUPER best friends." She's also a baker. Works in a bakery and everything.
Anyway, in the mean time, please enjoy these cupcakes I had her make for you. They are chocolate, chili pepper cupcakes with a cream cheese, hot sauce frosting. Think of it as one last thing to remember our time together by. I wish I could see your face when you take that first bite.
Until next time, don't get too relaxed.
Sincerely,
Rainbow "Prank Master" Burst

You are Magnificent.

Princess Celestia picked the envelope back up and looked inside. Sure enough, as promised, there was a note card with "Chocolate Chili Pepper Cupcakes" written across the top. She turned her attention back to the letter and smiled.

That's sweet of ya, Pinkie.

Her little sister had always had an interest in pranks, humor, and fun. Perhaps Luna would find the tales of Rainbow's pranks and jokes on Blueblood amusing. She might even be willing to give one of the spicy cupcakes a taste as well.
Grabbing one of the cupcakes again, Princess Celestia took it with her as she left Blueblood's room. She was planning on holding onto the treat and giving it to Luna, but the sight of a servant carrying a tray full of what looked like cookies and a glass of milk made her reconsider.
"Excuse me," Celestia called out, stopping the servant. "Am I correct in assuming that you are taking those cookies to my sister's room?"
"Yes ma'am," the servant answered, giving a slight bow.
Celestia took the tray.
"I will take them to my sister," she stated. "You go ahead and tend to your normal business."

Celestia, you are a Master of Trolling.

Celestia looked at the tray, then took one cookie. Surely her sister would not miss just one. It was doubtful -- although not impossible -- that Luna would order an exact number of cookies to be delivered to her. Princess Celestia was also tempted to take a drink of the milk, but that would certainly be noticeable.
Setting the cupcake down on the tray with the milk and cookies, the princess carried them with her as she made her way back to her sister's room.

We don't get to see the results? Aww...

6127830

She stole Steven Magnet's mustache? She truly is a monster.

6239367 Silly mortal. Pinkie-corn can find you anywhere. :pinkiehappy:

6454307 Don't let Twilight hear you say that.

All in all, a pretty sweet Story. I liked that their personalities and habits still kept despite the tribe changes.

6454649 oh she did. Then (with a sly smirk on her face) proceeded to lecture me on orthogonal cross-dependancy notation, a more complicated version of the numbered list. After which she then went on to describe Work Breakdown Structure and its many uses....
College was easy compared to this! :ajsmug:
Keep going! ;)

Prince Blubberbutt Ha:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::trollestia::moustache:

7968146 You can say that. It's been awhile for me so yeah.

How sweet, she thought as she put it back in the envelope. Rainbow sent Blueblood a letter along with the gift so he'll have something to remember her by. Perhaps the time apart will do the two of them good. It may cause them to realize all the more how they feel when they begin to miss each other.

Alternatively, spending time away from Canterlot and among ponies that are friends who care for her for her might help Rainbow Burst get over her dislike of Prince Blueblood enough that she will no long feel the need to try to embarrass him.

This is why your family is so f:yay:ed up Celestia. You need to get your snout out of the rose bush and into some damn coffee. THIS is why Luna is best princess.

11277720
I don't think I've heard of that story before. Honestly, with it having been so long ago, I don't entirely remember what inspired me. I think I was on a bit of an alternate universe kick at the time, for some reason?

Regardless, originally I had only planned on writing the prequel short: "Rainbow Unicorns." The idea of Rainbow Dash as a unicorn was inspired by this picture:
derpicdn.net/img/2013/10/14/448362/medium.png derpibooru link here.

People seemed to like the idea so much, that I felt like re-writing a few of the episodes with the concept.

Login or register to comment