• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 5,844 Views, 299 Comments

No Elements, No Harmony - Fret



Twilight, Celestia and Luna are transported into another dimension where things are different... yet so similar.

  • ...
13
 299
 5,844

Immortal Imprisoner

As Discord landed in front of the entrance to the cave, each princess looked nervously at each other. They were sure what to say, or how to react.

"Are you three going to keep staring at me like that? I thought everyone knew who I was," he scoffed.

"Err... sorry, we just didn't expect to see you there," Twilight laughed nervously, giving him an awkward smile.

"Why not? I always come here when I'm kicked out of the castle," he shrugged, taking a step into the cave.

"Kicked out of the... castle?" Luna echoed.

"Yeah, that one up there, y'know." The draconequus pointed towards the castle the three ponies had been to not long ago.

"I know what one you mean," she rolled her eyes. Discord was the most visible out of the four of them, since the little existence of light could only reach him. However, he mostly was a moving silhouette, either way.

"Why'd you ask then?" Discord chuckled.

"Because you don't live-" before Luna could finish her sentence, Twilight messily covered her mouth with her hoof.

"We still don't know much about this world. We can't correct things we have no knowledge on!" she whispered in her ear drastically.

"We know what's wrong though. There isn't any Tree of Harmony. Nightmare Moon wasn't banished. Now she rules with eternal night. The end," Luna answered her defensively.

"We don't know anything detailed though. So we have no idea what this Discord's back story is," Twilight retorted, neither of them realizing their voices were getting slightly louder.

"Ask him!" Luna suggested, as if it were obvious.

"Ask him what? That we're from another dimension and we need to hear the story of your pa-"

"I hate to interrupt the argument," the two mares were interrupted, "but err... why is your friend staring at me like that? It's starting to creep me out."

Twilight and Luna looked at Celestia, who wasn't exactly making eye contact with Discord, rather just glaring at his two front limbs. The two other alicorns followed to where she had locked her eyes upon, and almost noticed straight away why she looked so shocked. Or should they actually say, haunted.

Finally, Discord looked down at what they were all staring at. Unlike the others, he wasn't so bothered.

"Yes, they're cuffs. Have you never seen a chain before?" he taunted, holding up his two limbs, both connected to each other by a metal chain.

"Does that answer your question?" Twilight spoke hoarsely into Luna's ear.

"Yes, but I think my sister's just all the more confused," the princess whispered back, nodding her head to Celestia, whom was now struggling to decide to look at Discord's face or chained limbs. Then she simply said,

"What did I do to you?"

---

"How do Celestia and Luna do this every single day and night?" Discord moaned, as he watched the sun ever so slowly lower.

"You think that's irritating?" Cadance scoffed, "Look at all this paperwork I have!" She levitated three tall piles of letters yet to be answered by the crystal princess.

"Point taken," the draconequus grunted, "but do you know how boring watching the sun going down so slowly is when you're me?"

Cadance just rolled her eyes, "no, I don't. But to be honest, I'd rather tend to you when you're 'sick' than do Celestia's job."

"Well, that's saying something," Discord floated over to her, but in the process, made the sun zoom behind the hills, causing complete darkness. The sudden lack of light caught Cadance's attention almost immediately.

"Discord! Concentrate!" she scolded. Discord dashed back to the balcony, allowing the sun to bounce back in the sky.

"Since when does moving where you're standing effect the speed of the sun?!" Cadance couldn't help but giggle at Discord's lack of patience.

"Hey, remember to raise the moon," she taunted. He just snarled in reply.

"At least I don't have to come up with stupid excuses on why Celestia or Luna aren't here."

"My excuses weren't stupid!" Cadance replied defensively. Discord just raised one of his furry brows, snapped his fingers, and took them to a flashback.

"Princess Cadance, if you don't mind me asking, where is Princess Celestia?" asked a guard.

"Um... well... she's...making breakfast in bed for Luna right now!" the past Cadance awkwardly grinned.

"But you're majesty, Luna has breakfast in the evening," another guard pointed out. Cadance blinked.

"Well... Luna was up all day yesterday!" she replied, keeping her innocent smile.

"But that doesn't explain why-"

"Oh! Look at the time, I better go see how Celestia's doing. She's not very good at cooking bacon," Cadance looked at her wrist, though it lacked a watch.

"But princess, you're not wearing a watch."

"And ponies don't eat baco-" the past Cadance flew off before he finished.

With that, Cadance and Discord appeared back in Celestia's room.

"Okay. They weren't good excuses," she admitted, "but what would you say in that situation?"

"...Say Celestia and Luna have some discussions they'd like to keep private so they can't be present right now?" Discord suggested, starting to raise the moon in the night sky.

"Wel-" Cadance paused, realizing the Spirit of Chaos had spoken more sense than her. "Just raise the moon," she muttered. Discord grinned in victory.

---

"What do you..." Twilight couldn't tell who was more confused. Celestia, or Discord.

"Um... sister," Luna breathed, disguising her name, "I hope you realize you are giving away our identity."

"Why do you two sound so..." Discord trialed off again.

"So what?" Twilight asked.

"...Familiar," he finished.

"Familiar, you say?" Twilight acted like she hadn't a clue what he was talking about.

"Oh...pegasus feathers," Celestia muttered to herself, realizing what she had just done.

"Who exactly are you?" Discord's curiosity only grew. With a snap of a talon (which looked difficult with wearing chains) a fire appeared in front of them, making each princess flinch back with fright. But what started as a roar had turned into a smaller crackling flame. Just enough for their faces to be visible in the darkness. They watched as Discord's yellow eyes grew wider at the sight of them. But then he calmed down straight after.

"Oh, I get it."

"Um... get what?" Twilight asked nervously.

"I'm dreaming," he confirmed.

"Err... I don't think so. Let me check-" Luna's horn started glowing, and she closed her eyes. Celestia and Twilight looked at her as she opened them again. "No... I don't think we're-" Before she could finish, Celestia covered her mouth with a wing.

"Uhh yeah, you stay with that theory and I'll go with these two and try and work out my own!" she told the draconequus. Without letting him reply, Celestia's horn started to glow, and they were each teleported out of the gorge.

"I have a question," Luna told her sister, moving her wing away from her mouth that had held it's position as they had teleported on the cliff's edge. "Why did you look so haunted by that?!"

"Because I worked out that it was most likely us who... I don't know... Imprisoned him?"

"Why does that bother you more than the fact there is an evil you who most likely rules this place with an iron hoof along with her psychotic sister?" Luna retorted, "Not to mention... Yeah! We did imprison him. Just in our world, he was set in stone!"

"Why are we getting so worked up over this?" Twilight pushed the two apart by getting in between them.

"Maybe... because we get to see what could of happened if I wasn't banished?" Luna scoffed, "You realize it's a Tartarus of a lot to take in?"

"I understand that," Twilight answered formally, "but we have to put the pieces together before we make any conclusions!"

"I've got a better idea," Celestia interrupted, "how about we work out how to get home?"

For a few moments, each princess was silent.

"How though?" Twilight asked.

"Maybe we can reverse the spell in the book- OH IN THE NAME OF-" Celestia slapped a hoof on her face.

"What?" Luna raised a brow.

"I left the book at the patch where we started!" she groaned.

Author's Note:

Dear Princess Celestia,

Never let Cadance make up excuses.

The make you look like a cannibal.

Your faithful student, Fret.