• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 5,844 Views, 299 Comments

No Elements, No Harmony - Fret



Twilight, Celestia and Luna are transported into another dimension where things are different... yet so similar.

  • ...
13
 299
 5,844

New Spell

"Twilight, I don't get why you're so excited," Spike grunted, "I mean, you learn new spells all the time."

"Well, yes," Twilight answered, turning around to meet his eyes, "but Celestia's never asked me to help her work out a Starswirl the Bearded spell, has she?"

"Umm... yes?" he answered. Twilight raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, and when was this?"

"When you cast a spell, even though you didn't know what would happen and swapped your friends cutie marks?"

"..."

"..."

"She wasn't in the same room as me. Doesn't count," she confirmed, turning back around to face the door. It had been about an hour since Twilight had gotten the letter informing her about the task she was about to be given. She was starting to get impatient. Then again, Celestia was always caught up in royal duties and things. She let out a sigh, followed by Spike putting his claw on her leg.

"Aw, c'mon Twi. Y'know how busy Celestia can be. She'll be here soon."

Twilight shook her head. "It's not that. I mean... I know I've rambled on about this stuff before... but sometimes I worry about... well... taking her place one day. If I ever do." She looked around her kingdom she had gotten just a couple of weeks ago. "I have a kingdom... a throne room to share with my friends, even the title of the Princess of Friendship. But will it ever go beyond all of this? And more importantly... will I be able to handle it?"

Spike was silent for a second. "Eh, you've defeated a lot of evil guys in the past. Who says you can't handle the dreaded paperwork?" He put on his sarcastic tone Twilight had come to love these past few years. She smiled at his support.
"And if you can't, I'm sure you'll be able to wing it," Spike flicked a feather on her wings as he said that.

"No offence, Spike, but that pun was awful." The voice of Rainbow Dash surprised her. "Sup Twilight?"

"Um... Hi, Rainbow. What are you all doing here?" She noticed her four other friends trotting up behind her.

"We were gonna meet up for a picnic! Remember?" Pinkie answered, still bouncing despite having stopped in front of Twilight.

"Oh my... I totally forgot!" She put a hoof on her mouth. "Sorry girls... I've been given a task by the Princess today, and she'll be arriving soon," Twilight sighed. She couldn't hang out with her friends as much as she used to now she had wings and a kingdom. Now she could actually find the time to be with them she throws it down the drain. And she was usually so organized!

"Aw, that's alright, sugarcube," Applejack smiled, "we can always do it tomorrow or somethin'. So what's this here task she's givin' you?"

"Oh, just another mysterious spell by Starswirl the Bearded." She tried to act casual, despite wanting to squeal so much at the thought. She still didn't know what the spell did or what it was for.

"Hah, yeah, you should have seen her first reaction. She totally geeked out!" Spike folded his arms. "Just a matter of time 'til she gets here."

"Do you think she'll mind if we stick around?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course I won't," Celestia's voice surprised each one of them. Everyone but Twilight bowed down as she walked towards them, with a surprise appearance to her younger sister. Twilight went up and hugged her former mentor, and nodded a 'hello' to Luna.

"Before you ask, I'm here because we don't know how much magic this spell will require," Luna explained, "also, I was bored."

"So, what exactly does this spell do?" Twilight asked, closing the doors and started to walk down the hall.

"We're not exactly sure. But with your help, Twilight, I'm sure we can find out. That is why I've called you on this task," Celestia smiled with pride.

"Maybe this spell will be able to make those beautiful wings I got all those moons ago!" Rarity sighed, drifting off into a daydream, only to be cut off by Rainbow Dash.

"NO. No more alicorns, I can't take it! Though, I suppose Princess Rarity is better than Princess Discord..."

"Um... what?" Celestia looked at Rainbow with confusion.

"Never mind..." the pegasus muttered.

Eventually, they all got into a lesser spaced room to start working on the spell. Out of her saddle bag, Celestia pulled out a book, and turned a few pages in. "He asked me to try and complete it, because he knew he couldn't. For years I couldn't either, and eventually I forgot about it. I only just recently found this book again and decided to give it another try."

"Can't be too complicated for Twilight. She worked out that last spell in a matter of hours. Which somehow seemed like twenty-two minutes." Spike shrugged.

"Exactly. However, I'm not even sure what it even does," Celestia said, turning back a page, "all I've worked out so far is the first step out of six."

"There's six steps to this spell?" Luna asked, scanning over the page. "I don't get it," she said flatly.

"I'm not sure what it is with Starswirl and not rhyming things," Twilight shrugged. "Okay, let's read this properly."

"The world we stand in
Is what we call home,
But are we grateful?
We may never be sure-"

"Hey, he could of said 'known' instead of 'sure' and it would gave rhymed!" Rarity complained. Twilight rolled her eyes and continued reading.

"The first step to this spell
Is to look in a mirrored surface
Concentrate on your magic
Let consideration fill your mind."

Twilight stopped reading, and looked at a nearby mirror. She closed her eyes, and a spark escaped her horn. Soon, her horn was barely visible in the bright light it gave off. Celestia stood next to her and did the same, and Luna levitated the book in front of her and continued the riddle.

"Guide yourself to your reflection
To complete you must blurr
All you love here
Think what you hate- Okay why would I do that? Also, what do I hate?" Luna grew a confused look. Celestia opened her eyes and looked at her.

"That's where I get stuck. Is it telling me to hate Equestria or something? There aren't many things I hate."

"Discord?" Rainbow Dash guessed.

"Not really."

"Not having cake?" Pinkie Pie suggested.

"That is depressing, but no."

"Well, it says to blur everything that you love here," Twilight began, "maybe it means, imagine an Equestria where nothing you love exists?"

Pinkie gasped, "No PARTIES?!"

"Alright, let's try it."

The three princesses faced the mirror, and each blanked out all they loved about this world. Friendships, sunlight, moonlight...

"Uh, girls, what's happening?" Applejack asked as each princess' magic darkened.

"...Did they actually think through what would happen?" Spike whimpered.

"Oh no, it's that Magical Mystery Cure episode all over again!" Pinkie screeched as the whole room seemed to be erased by their magic.

Twilight opened her eyes and looked in horror. "Um... Celestia... Luna... should we stop?"

"What?!" Celestia yelled above the gales that blanked our their voices.

"I said, should we-"

"STOP!" Luna yelled with her Royal Canterlot Voice. Each glow from the princess' horns stopped immediately afterwards. It took them time to adjust their eyes to the unfamiliar scenery surrounding them. For a while, the three of them stood there confused. Then Celestia spoke up,

"What did we do?"

---

The bright light disappeared, and the remaining six friends brought their eyes to where the alicorns had stood less than a few seconds ago. But that all was left was a singed floor.

"Where did they go?" Spike quivered.

Author's Note:

So, that was the first chapter of my first story on Fimfiction. I'll try and get the other chapters out soon, and hopefully finish this year.
If anyone's still reading this, I'd appreciate it if I was given some critique so I can improve in the future C: