• Published 13th Jul 2014
  • 3,590 Views, 24 Comments

The Dark Side of the Rainbow - Blue Tiger



Twilight Sparkle found a new spell but didn't know who to test it on. She asked Rainbow Dash if she could test the spell on her. Rainbow agrees. However, Twilight accidentally does the spell wrong and bad things start to happen.

  • ...
14
 24
 3,590

1 - The Spell

Twilight was in her room reading one of her books, like she always does. She was reading a spell book to try out some new spells. Challenging spells. After five more minute of flipping through the pages, she finally found one that seemed challenging.

"Yes!" Twilight mumbled. "Spike! You wanna try out this spell I fo-" She stopped in mid-sentence when she just remembered that Spike was gone for a while. He said it was 'Dragon Business.' But Twilight didn't buy it. She knows it's so that he won't have to be tested on. "Maybe Rainbow Dash would like to try it out," she said.

She went to the phone and dialed Rainbow's number. The phone started ringing. After about three more rings, Rainbow picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Wait. This isn't Rainbow Dash.

"Uh, hello? Who is this?" Twilight said.

"It's Scootaloo," said the voice on the other line.

"Oh, hey, Scootaloo! You sound different on the phone. Listen, I need to talk to your sister real quick."

"She's out clearing the skies right now," Scootaloo said. "I'll tell her you called, okay?"

"When will she be back?"

"She said at around 4:30 I think."

Twilight looked at the clock, which read 3:47, then said, "Okay. See you later, Scootaloo."

"Bye," Scootaloo said. They both then hung up.
**********

About forty minutes later, there was a knock at the door. Twilight answered it and what stood there was the cyan-colored, rainbow-maned Pegasus, Rainbow Dash.

"Hey, Rainbow." Twilight moved over so Rainbow can come in.

"Hey, Twilight," Rainbow said. "Scootaloo said you wanted to talk to me."

"Yeah," Twilight said. "I found this spell in my spell book. I was gonna do it on Spike but he's not here right now. I was thinking maybe I could do it on you."

"That depends. What does the spell do?"

"It's a Disarming Spell. It disarms ponies. Let's say if somepony came in with a knife, I could use the spell to make the knife fly out of his hoof."

"Okay. So where's something I could use so you can make it fly out of my hoof?"

"Right." Twilight went upstairs. A minute later, she came back down, levitating a butter knife with her magic. She gave it to Rainbow.

"Really?" Rainbow said. "You don't trust me with at least a steak knife? I'm not a little filly."

"I know you're not a little filly, and I know you know how to use steak knives," Twilight said. "It's just sometimes the weapon will fly towards you so you can use it on the robber, or whatever. That's what it said in the book."

"Alright." Rainbow pretended to be a robber robbing Twilight's library, even though she didn't have to.

"Okay, how does the spell go again? Oh, yeah." Twilight aimed her horn at Rainbow's hoof, then did the spell. Wait, was it the right spell? It said that the spell would shoot out a yellowish beam. Instead it shot out a midnight purple color. The beam hit Rainbow in the stomach instead of her hoof, causing her to get thrown back and hit the wall hard. "Rainbow!" Twilight ran over to her. She was shocked at what she saw. Rainbow seemed to lose her color, just like in the episodes Return of Harmony Parts 1 and 2 when Discord returned. But it wasn't just the loss of color. Rainbow's eyes turned black and the magenta in her eyes turned blood red, like one of those Creepypastas.

Rainbow stood up and made a grab for the butter knife. She pointed it at Twilight.

"Rainbow! What're you doing?" Twilight said as she backed away.

Rainbow flew towards Twilight and stabbed her foreleg. Twilight let out a loud shriek of pain as blood oozed from the wound. Rainbow then flew out the door, leaving Twilight on the floor in a pool of blood.
**********

"Twilight? Twilight!" a voice said.

Twilight opened her eyes and blinked a few times until everything came to focus. She looked over and saw Spike standing next to her. "Spike!"

"Twilight! What happened?" Spike said. Twilight noticed the fear in his eyes. "Who did this?!"

"Spike!" Twilight said again as she tried to stand up. The pain in her foreleg, though, caused her to collapse again.

"We need to get you to the hospital!" Spike said. "I'll call Rainbow Dash. She can-"

"NO!" Twilight yelled. "She's crazy! She tried to kill me!"

"Oh, come on, that's ridiculous. You probably lost a lot of blood." Spike walked over to the phone. Twilight had to do something fast.

Spike already dialed the first few numbers when Twilight did a spell to break the phone wire.

"Hey!" Spike jumped back and looked at Twilight. "What was that for?"

"I had no choice," Twilight said. With all the strength she had, she used her magic to get the butter knife out of her leg. Sure, it was painful, but it was better than leaving it in.

"I'll take you to the hospital," Spike said, grabbing Twilight's uninjured hoof.