• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 5,046 Views, 70 Comments

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon - Backslasherton



Jackson Douglas is back with the Princess and spends his life with her.

  • ...
22
 70
 5,046

Chapter 2 (Old)

The sun pierced through the curtains, landing on Jackson’s face and waking him. He rolled over and slowly opened his eyes, noticing the empty spot on the bed next to him. He smiled before getting up and rubbing his eyes. He grabbed his shirt from it’s place on the dresser and started buttoning it up as he walked over to the balcony. Sliding open the door, he smiled again as he saw the white mare of his dreams staring over the countryside.

“Mornin’” He said with his low baritone.

“Good morning.” Celestia said, turning around and smiling. They shared a kiss before they turned to gaze out over the countryside.

“Yeah.” He answered as his smile dropped from his face. He turned around to lean against the railing. “I think I’m going to retire.”

Raising an eyebrow, Celestia turned to Jackson. “What do you mean?”

“Well, I...” He stopped to gather his thoughts. “When I got out of the military back on Earth, it was hard for me to adjust by myself. I had to go from this life of killing and violence to a life of normalcy. I tried everything I could to live life normally. I tried getting back into music like I was in middle school, I tried getting a job. But nothing seemed to work.”

“Then I came here and met you. It took me a while, but soon I realized what I needed to adjust to civilian life. I needed someone to help me. So Celestia, will you be that person to help me?”

She smiled warmly before bringing him into a hug. “Of course.”

“Your majesty?” A voice said through the door, followed shortly by a knock. The two’s eyes shot to the door. Jackson waved his hand at Celestia as he ran over to grab his shoes and coat.

“Uh, just a moment!” Celestia shouted through the door. She shooed him into the bathroom to hide while Celestia dealt with the guard. Once Jackson was out of sight, she walked over to the door and opened it. “Yes?”

“Your majesty, Twilight Sparkle is here to see you.” The guard said.

“Ah, yes of course, I’ll be right-” She paused for a second before smiling. “Actually, could you send her up here?”

“Of course your majesty.” The guard said with a bow before leaving. Once the guard was a fair distance away, Celestia turned towards the bathroom.

“Jackson!” She shouted as she flung the door open.

“God-” The man shouted as the princess ran in. “Why are you shouting?! You scared the crap out of me!”

“Sorry,” She said sheepishly. “Twilight’s on her way up!”

“Really?” He nodded. “Well great, I suppose you want me to leave then?”

“Of course not.” She frowned. “She’s was just as torn up by you leaving as I was. I want you to stay.”

Jackson grinned. “Okay.”


“Princess!” Twilight shouted as she hugged her mentor.

“Hello, Twilight.” Celestia said with a laugh. Twilight broke the hug giving her a weird look.

“Are you okay, princess? No offense, but you were pretty depressed yesterday. Did you find something in the Colonel's package?” The princess laughed again.

“No even better, I have something to show you.” She stepped aside so Twilight could see through the doorway to Celestia’s bathroom. Twilight gasped at what she saw.

“Hello, Twilight.” The man rumbled out with his baritone voice. “I’m sorry for not checking in but, I was slightly occupied for a while.”

The young unicorn stared in shock for a second before running to hug the man. She started crying as the man held her. “How? I t-thought you were…dead… We saw a corpse! You were dead! How did you… Why would you leave us like that?”

“Shh. I know, Twilight.” He said in an attempt to comfort the mare, “I’m sorry, I promise I will never do that to you again.”

After a long while of comforting and explanation, the young mare started asking the man questions.

“How did you fake your death?”

“One of my Squad members performed a transformation spell on a diamond dog corpse.”

Twilight frowned slightly. “Where did they learn to do that?”

Jackson furrowed his brow in thought. “I believe she went to school for it before she joined the military. Comes in handy for surveillance and faking deaths.”

“How often do you have to fake deaths?” Celestia asked from her spot on the bed. Jackson looked over at her before sitting up in his chair.

“Not too often. Just, you know, sometimes when you need to do… things…”

“What does that even mean?” Celestia asked, her brow furrowed.

“So! Any other questions, Twilight?” Jackson said, turning back to Twilight. He noticed Celestia giving him a glare in his peripherals

“Uh, just one. What are you going to do now?”

Jackson smiled. “Retirement.”

Twilight’s jaw fell. “You? Really? Why?”

Jackson turned to Celestia and sighed. “I have more important things to do, now.” He turned back. “Mainly though, it’s because I’ve spent most of my adult life as a soldier. I think I’ve had enough for now.”

Twilight smiled. “If anyone deserves it, it’s you.”

Jackson laughed in response. “Let’s go get some breakfast.”


“Celestia” Jackson said, setting his fork down. The princess in question looked up. “I want to come out of hiding.”

The princess choked on her food in surprise. Once she had cleared her throat she spoke.

“Are you sure? They could react poorly.” Celestia said worriedly.

“It’s been three years Celestia, I need to do it eventually. I figure now is the best time, since I’m starting to turn my life around.”

“I agree with the princess, Jackson, I’m not sure they can handle it yet.” Twilight chipped in.

Jackson rolled his eyes.”They’re going to have to deal with it eventually. I’m not spending the rest of my life in this damn castle. As lavish as it is, it gets old real fast.”

Celestia nodded hesitantly. “Alright, I trust you. We’ll do it this afternoon.”

“Good” Jackson said with his mouth full. He swallowed before continuing. “In any case, I would like to be able to go out and do things that aren’t battles for a change.”

Twilight looked up at Jackson. “What do you want to do in the city?”

He just shrugged. “I don’t know. I guess I’d like to go see some of the sights.” He sighed. “I’m just tired of being stuck in this castle everyday.”

Celestia smiled. “Hopefully, after today you won’t have that problem.”

Author's Note:

Sorry, guys, that this took so long to get out. I get really distracted easily when it comes to writing. In any case, I hope you all liked it!

By the way, does anyone know where to find the creator of this?

If you do know, tell me in a PM where to go. Thanks you all for your support, and I'll see you all again in the Chapter 3.