• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 4,097 Views, 184 Comments

Ponies on Bronies - Ravenmane



Shenanigans return to a familiar house that sits on a hill overlooking the Everfree Forest

  • ...
15
 184
 4,097

16 - Rainbow Dash: Define 'Packing'

The demure pegasus chose to forego the front door and landed on an upper balcony, knowing full well that her friend would be in full packing swing. It was best to avoid an errant box filled with who-knows-what.

“Rainbow Dash,” she called as she let herself in, “Alex asked me to give you a helping hoof. Um, is there anything I can do?”

“Yeah,” called a voice from downstairs, “can you bring down that box marked ‘Do Not Open’ that’s on my bed?”

Upon hearing the words of the box, Fluttershy couldn’t help but fear the very contents of such a thing. “O-O-Okay.” Hesitantly, she flew through the cloudhouse’s second floor and halted at the threshold of her friend’s bedroom. There lurked the simple white box with the warning on it. After taking a hard gulp and deep breath, Fluttershy reached out her forelegs for the box and gingerly brought it downstairs.

There were dozens of boxes, each carefully labeled. Their contents ranged from ‘Books’ to ‘Daring Do’ and ‘Wonderbolts’ but the sheer fact that everything was marked and neat seemed almost alien to Fluttershy. I expected her to be really messy, she thought. “Rainbow Dash, is everything okay?”

“No,” the daredevil replied quickly, “I mean yes, I mean, I’ve been packed for a while. Put that over here, next to the Wonderbolts box.”

“How long is ‘a while,’” Fluttershy asked as she rested the box where she was told to.

“Um, five weeks,” replied Rainbow hesitantly.

“That’s… weeks? You’ve been prepared to do this for five weeks?”

“Well, yeah. I was just waiting on Al to give the okay about it.” She put a hoof to her chin. “I wonder how long Twilight’s been packed. I bet she didn’t need so long, she’s always so organized. Gonna have ’ta remember not to make a big mess after I move in. Then there’s that box,” she glared at the box Fluttershy brought down. “Dunno how Al’s gonna take it.”

“Rainbow Dash everypony has needs,” Fluttershy told her calmly.

“What? Eww no, those are in the trash. Why am I gonna need them when I’ve got the real thing in bed with me?”

“Because he isn’t yours exclusively,” Fluttershy suggested.

“He’ll share the love. He’ll be good to both of us. Just hope Spike’s got some earplugs or something. Know what I mean?”

Fluttershy’s face flushed. “You know I haven’t had a serious relationship for a while.”

Rainbow snickered. “But I heard you’re quite the screamer.”

Fluttershy backed up a little, her face going chalk white. “How did you hear about that?”

“Uh, from my bedroom. Seriously Fluttershy, I had to shove clouds in my ears cause of you that one night.”

“Really? I’m sorry Rainbow Dash, but I couldn’t help it, he was just so good.”

“Um, gross Fluttershy. I know we’re friends but I don’t wanna hear about your bad luck with guys.”

“Actually, I broke up with him. This isn’t like when I visited Braeburn.”

“Yeah, AJ wasn’t too happy about that was she?”

“Getting her cousin to break off something so perfect was just mean.”

“Ugh, it was for your own good. Fluttershy, you’re just terrible at seeing stuff like that. You could do better than somepony who wanted to drag you so far away from your animals.”

“I guess.”

“On top of that, you wouldn’t see any of us. What if things didn’t work out and you’d already have moved into someplace in Appleloosa?”

“Well I-”

Rainbow pulled Fluttershy into a hug with a foreleg. “We’re just trying to help Fluttershy. Gotta see the big picture sometimes.”

“Can you tell me what’s in the box?”

“Well-”

“Pretty please?”

Rainbow sighed. “You promise not to tell?”

“I promise.”

“Pinkie Promise?”

Fluttershy simply nodded.

“Kay, what’s in there is…”