• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 5,571 Views, 115 Comments

Eragon's New Home: Equestria - MetalBrony823



Eragon Shadeslayer can't go back to Alagaesia because of the prophecy, so he lives in Equestria. To make new friends with adorable, and colorful ponies

  • ...
29
 115
 5,571

PreviousChapters Next
Old Enemy From the Past

Weeks have passed. Summer was already hitting that time of year again. All the children were out of school for summer vacation until they start a new year in the fall. Eragon and Saphira were doing rather well as always. They, and the new riders were progressing fast in becoming Dragon riders to restore the old traditions before Galbatorix killed almost all the old ones.

Meanwhile, Ekre'al was walking around Ponyville and was rather hungry. His stomach was growling, and decided to look at the market to look for anything good at the stalls. Styx was walking right next to him, being happy and cheerful as ever. "Ah, I desperately need a type of food to sustain the breath in my body."

The dark elf looked in his pockets for any bits that he could use to purchase anything. He saw that he was broke at the moment, as his pockets were empty. Feeling desperately hungry, he looked at the stalls for anything that looked appetizing. As a matter of fact; every type of food in the stall looked really appetizing, apples, carrots, and other fruits and vegetables.

Ekre'al saw Applejack and Big Mac running an apple stall, with lots of red, juicy apples. One of them caught his eye, and saw a large one, bigger than the others, and it looked quite appetizing. This was just what he needed. "Styx, can you wait here for a moment, please?"

"Of course! why?"

the elf had a nervous look on his face and lied to her by saying. "I just need to purchase that apple over there from Applejack and Big Macintosh over there."

"Alright." Then Styx went over near a building and rested herself as she waited. Meanwhile, Ekre'al had an idea, and while the two stall vendors weren't looking, he used his magic to create a low rumble in the distance to his left. The customers, and stall vendors, along with Applejack and Big Mac took noticed and looked over to where the direction of the sound came from.

It gave Ekre'al some time to quietly sneak over to the apple stall, and slowly took the apple he wanted when nopony was looking at him. When he was about to stealthily put the apple in his coat, he was immediately stopped

"Ekre'al!" Eragon shouted his name. The elf bolted up and dropped the apple on the ground. He was feeling afraid to face the wrath of the leader for the new riders. Eragon was walking up to him, not looking happy at all, and then he asked "What do you think you're doing!?"

"Eragon! what a pleasant surprise!" said Ekre'al, chuckling nervously.

"What in tarnation is goin' on?" said Applejack

"He was trying to steal your apple is what is going on." Eragon noted.

"What?!" the two apple ponies exclaimed, and then they glared at Ekre'al.

"It's not what you all think it is. I wasn't stealing, I was just... borrowing."

"Why would you steal one of our apples?" said Applejack in a demanding demeanor

"Well... I was going to pay you, but-"

"But what?" said Big Mac

"Look, I... I didn't know I was all out of coins to pay for this. I was just so hungry, and i wanted to keep myself alive."

Eragon had a disappointed look at him "Ekre'al, a dragon rider never steals. Surely, you must know that." He reprimanded him.

"I didn't want to, Shadeslayer, but I was just so hungry, I... I haven't eaten anything since I have arrived here with Styx." Speaking of her name, Styx noticed the little commotion and walked up to the group.

"What happened?"

"Ekre'al tried to steal from us, that's what happened." Big Mac said.

The black dragon was absolutely shocked and covered her mouth as she gasped "Ekre'al, I cannot believe you would do such a horrible thing!" she said, also in disappointment.

"Please! It's how I had to do something to sustain the breath in my body."

"Well why didn't you ask?" said Applejack

"Well, I thought it would have been foolish of me. Not to mention that I don't always trust everyone all of the times, except for Styx of course."

"You could have just asked us if you can have that apple for free." Big Mac reminded

"Yeah, Ekre'al there's nothing wrong with just asking, if you're really that hungry."

"Yes I know, It was the last thing I wanted to do, but my stomach was growling endlessly."

"Don't you hunt?"

"No. I'm an elf, and elves only eat vegetation."

"Oh yeah, I forgot." said Applejack

Eragon sighed. "Look, Ekre'al, you must understand that stealing is never appropriate in any matter, don't you?"

"Yes. But, I didn't really live in society back home in Alagaesia, I lived in the wilderness, and what I did, I only do to survive out in the untamed wild."

"Well that is different." Eragon countered.

"Yes, this is a civilized village." Saphira added. "It is quite different when you are within a civilized society."

"That is easy for you to say." Said Ekre'al. "You're a dragon, amd dragons go out and hunt for food to survive, and you all breath fire."

"This is different." Eragon explained, "it's in their nature to do so, but we still have to pay respect to creatures who deserve it." He sighed "look, the issue is you must think before doing such an irrational action like this one."

"Yeah. Just try and ask next time." Big Mac noted.

The elf sighed "very well. Forgive me for stealing an apple. I was just not thinking clearly enough." Then he gently put the large apple back where he founded it."

"Nornally, I wouldn't take kindly to thieves, but since you are new here, we can make an exception." Her demeanor swiftly changed from disappointed to her cheerful demeanor. "Right, Big Mac?"

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed, but he wasn't entirely convinced. "Look, you can have the appl, but next time, please ask, or have money on you."

"Right, collect bits for doing good things or somethin' like that." Applejack suggested

"Hmm, very well, if that is what it takes to collect bits, I will see into that." Both Applejack and Big Mac smiled at his choice.

"Of course, we are still going to have a little talk about this later on." Eragon reminded. "You are a dragon rider now, and yoy must always stand by your word. Never go back on it."

"He speaks wisely, Ekre'al." Said Styx. "He is the lease of the new dragon rider order after all." She made a small huff from her nostrils."

"Very well."

Then Eragon felt a rather strange pressence that was rather evil and wicked. "What the hell?" He muttered in confusion.

"What's wrong, Eragon?" Asked Applejack

"I sense.... a distirbance."

"What kind of disturbance?"

"I... I don't know." Was all Eragon replied.

Saphira had a look of caution, in case some one might try and sneak attack on her and her rider. "We should be very careful. Where is it coming from?"

"Somewhere in the... forest. Not far from here." He was trying so hard to remember, but it was a little hard to see it clearly. "I should investigate this."

"We're coming with you." Said Applejack.

"Eeyup."


Near the Everfree Forest, Eragon was with the other riders, Fluttershy, Twilight and their friends, Spike, Lyra, Bon Bon, Big Mac, Tiber Craingweast, and Blodhgarm with his spellcasters.

The dragons weren't with them, but Eragon will call Saphira, and the riders with their dragons in case it is severe enough.

"Are you sure it was here?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

'I am positive this is the exact spot of the presence. And, Tiber, I really appreciate you looking out for me, but your presence here is not required."

"Oh but it is." Tiber countered. "As an advisor, it is my job that I guard you from harm in any possible way. Queen Nasuada did entrust me to look after you, Saphira, along with the other dragons and riders as well. And besides, you play important part for rebuilding the dragons and riders back to their former glory."

"You are not wrong, Mr. Craingweast." Said Calraeli. "If not for him and Saphira, Galbatorix or Shruikan would have been killed."

"Here here." Said Murtagh. "Me and Thorn did have a hand, and a paw in that as well."

"Oh right, of course." Calraeli remembered.

"Craingweast is right." Said Twilight. "Eragon is Alagaesia's savior, like his father would have done when he founded the Varden."

"Heh, you can say that again, Twilight." Spike agreed. "Eragon is definitely the dragon riders only hope of being restored."

"That's right. As long as we live, the Dragon riders survive as one." Said Eragon

"And live with ponies as one." Fluttershy added "I mean, not a pony dragon rider, but-"

'Oh yes of course." Said Dervoc.

"Glaedr, do yoy sense the unknown presence as well?"

"Aye. Sadly, I cannot perfectly describe such aura and force."

"I'm that case, we should be extra careful." Said Lyra.

"Whatever is out there, we'll be waiting for it." Bon Bon boldly stated, ready for a fight. They all searched high and low for any enemies or evil creatures that were watching then from behind a bush, but they all found nothing.

It was so unusual, a presence just appeared in Eragon's head and now it's gone? It didn't make any sense to him, or the others.

"Anything?" Skalmo asked in a distance.

"Nope! Nothing!" Pinkie said "Ooh, but I did find a colorful looking rock!" She foolishly looked at a shiny rock on the ground like it was something interesting.

"Focus, Pinkie Pie." Rarity reprimanded "This is serious."

"Oops, sorry."

They all formed back, and one at a time, they all said they found no trace of this aura anywhere. Eragon made a small growl, and was sure he felt something.

"Well, it looks like nothing was here. Probably vanished as soon as we were coming." Applejack theorized.

The others were silent for a moment, and Lulluda said "let us hope so."

All of them agreed with her. Then they all went back to town. After getting close, something stopped them from entering Ponyville. Spike was unexpectedly grabbed in a headlock position. "Ah!" He exclaimed.

Twilight turned around and her heart sank seeing Spike being held a hostage by what seems to be a dwarf. "Spike!" She exclaimed

"Get back you puny horse, or i'll kill him!" The dwarf warned her sharply.

"Hello, Shadeslayer." Said a voice. They all looked around to see where it came from, then a dwarf jumped in front of them from a tree branch. It was a dwarf with long, grayish black hair and a beard, and his eyes looked like a dwarf who was always grump and not friendly at all.

The mysterious dwarf looked a little smaller than Skalmo, but just as tough. Eragon's heart sank to his feet, and recognized this man. It was the Leader of the Az Sweldn rak Anhuin clan from when Orik was the new king of all dwarves. It was the dwarf that almost killed him before, Vermund.

Author's Note:

Vermund is back! And he is out for revenge! How will this end? Will it end in fiasco or happily? Find out on the next chapter

PreviousChapters Next