• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 5,573 Views, 115 Comments

Eragon's New Home: Equestria - MetalBrony823



Eragon Shadeslayer can't go back to Alagaesia because of the prophecy, so he lives in Equestria. To make new friends with adorable, and colorful ponies

  • ...
29
 115
 5,573

PreviousChapters Next
Nasuada's Letter has Arrived

Eragon and Saphira were enjoying a rather warm welcome by Braeburn, the sheriff, and all the inhabitants of the Equestrian town of Appleloosa. He was inside the saloon while Saphira was just resting outside being greeted by many ponies, especially children.

"Would you like to see another trick, children?" Saphira asked.

"Yeah." They all exclaimed. The blue dragon smiled at their adorableness and eagerness, and blew another smoke of fire in the sky in the style of a small mushroom cloud.

He had a good treatment in the city, as did Saphira even though she is a dragon. Braeburn, Sheriff Silverstar, and some of the other inhabitants are really liking them both a great deal, even though mostly it was because they both saved the town from that monster.

"Would you care for some more cherries, Eragon?" said a mare named Cherry Jubilee. She brought him a small bowl of cherries for him to snack on just in case he felt like eating some.

"Oh, well, I guess I can have a little more. Thank you so much, ms. Jubilee." Eragon said, grabbing a few more cherries

"Oh you're quite welcome, sweetie." she replied with a smile. "Anytime."

"So, you are a dragon rider where you come from?" asked Braeburn curiously.

"Yes. I am. Don't worry, these dragons are nothing like the ones here, except for Spike in Ponyville."

"I know, ain't he a doll?" asked Cherry.

"Oh yes. Spike is a brilliant young boy." Said chief Thunderhooves in a mighty, wise voice.

Everypony made words of agreement about what she said about Spike.

"Right, well thank you all for your hospitality, but me and Saphira really need to go back to Ponyville. My new friends might be worried about us."

"Aww." They all exclaimed, feeling really bummed about their heroes are leaving. "Oh it's like in the books." Silverstar griped. "Heroes come to save our hides, and then they have to leave."

"Do not worry." Said Eragon. "I will see you all again." He gave them a smile. "I promise."

Then some of the ponies began to smile back at him. By the looks of his face, he wasn't lying and was telling the truth about returning to Appleloosa someday.

"Well, we understand." Said Braeburn. "Oh and Eragon?"

"Yes?"

"Can you please tell my cousin Applejack that I said hello when you see her?'

"Of course. I'll tell her the next time I meet her."

"Thank you so much, partner." Said Braeburn with a larger smile. He and the inhabitants seem to be in Eragon's favor as the same thing for Saphira.

"It was wonderful to meet you, Eragon and Saphira." Thunderhooves regarded. "The next time you visit here, you are always more than welcome to visit me and our tribe." The Bison and his friends bowed to him in great respect like a hero.

"Thank you, chief Thunderhooves" said Eragon with a smile.

"Anytime, brother." the bison replied nobly

"Well, I will see you all soon." then Eragon went out the small double sided doors. Many of the townsfolk said "bye" and "so long, partner" to him as he was leaving. "Come on, Saphira. Let's head back to Canterlot and then home."

"Aww." all the children complained. "Must you leave mister Eragon?" said one of them

"Yes. But don't be sad, little ones." he replied to them. "Me and Saphira will return sometime."

"And I will play with you some more. I promise." Saphira added in their minds.

"Okay. Do come back soon, Eragon." said a child.

Eragon smiled at him. "Don't worry. We will." he mounted on his closest companion and said to her in her mind "Okay, let's go." and then they were both off. Turns out that saving Appleoosa was better than they both expected to turn out.


Saphira hovered above Canterlot and landed on the garden once again. Eragon dismounted her and went inside the castle to inform Celestia that the Hydra problem was taken care of.

This time the guards let him in without any questions or hesitation, for they star to recognize him more now.

Eragon then entered the throne room once again, and he bowed to the two princess' as he stopped at the end of the long red carpet. The princess' smiled at him as usual, very happy to see him again. "Your majesties." he said "The Hydra is dead. Me and Saphira have taken care of it, and Appleoosa is safe."

"That's wonderful." said Celestia. "Well done, Eragon." And then she contacted Saphira in her mind. "You did a wonderful job saving Appleoosa, Saphira."

"Thank you, your majesty. I am grateful." said Saphira.

Eragon then stood up again. "You really are a great help to Equestria." said Luna. "We are in your gratitude."

Eragon smiled. "Thank you, princess." he said. "Is there anything else I can be of assistance to you before we head back to Ponyville?"

"No, but thank you for that." Saphira replied motherly. "You can leave now."

"Thank you. See you soon, your majesties."

"Take care, Eragon." Celestia called to him. Then he left the room back to Saphira where she flew off of the garden and she headed back to Ponyville.

***

Eragon dismounted Saphira and looked around town for anything he might want to do. Then he heard a girl's voice. "Eragon, Saphira!" It called it was Twilight and the others, happy to see him and Saphira and in one piece. They didn't think that he or Saphira could take on a Hydra.

"Eragon, are you alright?" Said Fluttershy. "We were so worried about you."

"Of course I am. The Hydra was..... rather easy for me and Saphira." Eragon replied. "The ponies living in Appleloosa really appreciated me and Saphira's help, and gave us great hospitality, especially from the bison that lived there."

"Really? That's amazing." Said Twilight

"Oh, and Applejack, Braeburn wanted me to tell you hello and his regards to you."

"Oh. Thanks, Eragon. If you see him again, do you think you can do the same thing for me?" Applejack asked. "We are cousins after all."

"Of course, Applejack." Eragon smiled at her.

"Say, we were about to ask you if you wanted to come have lunch with us. So.... would you like to?" Twilight offered.

Eragon thought about the offer and he replied "I suppose i could. That fight with the monster made me starving a little."

They all smiled. "Great! We'll eat at the cafe."

"Pardon me, Shadeslayer." Said a more masculine voice. It was Blodhgarm. "I hopened I am not intruding, but may I ask you to invite me over to lunch?"

"Of course, Blodhgarm. What do you all think?"

"Sure, you can come." Said Rainbow Dash. "We don't mind at all."

"Fine by me." Pinkie said happily with a small jump.

The mutant elf smiled. "Thank you all for your kindness." He said to them.

"Hm-mmm. No problem, dude" said Rainbow with a smirk. Then they all walked to the cafe together. When they arrived, two tables were filled instead of one measly table since nine friends eating together was a crowd. Fluttershy sat with Eragon, Blodhgarm, Spike, Twilight and Rainbow while Pinkie, Applejack, and Rarity sat on one table right next to them.

"So did the Hydra give you any drastic wounds, Shadeslayer?" Blodhgarm asked

"No, of course not." He replied. "The monster was nothing compared to the Nidhwal me and Saphira encountered to Vroengard, remember?"

"Oh yes. I remember you telling me that tale."

"Well it sounds like you were strong compared to other warriors that tried to slay it." Spike noted.

"What do you mean?"

"Not alot of warriors could take on a Hydra and lived to tell the tale about it." Said Twilight

"Really? Well that is rather fascinating." Said Eragon. "Me and Saphira encountered many foes and monsters other than that beast near Appleloosa."

"Like the Nidhwal?" Fluttershy asked

"Or Galbatorix?" Pinkie added

"Yes." Eragon chuckled. "Evading the Nidhwal was not easy for me and Saphira, as I said before, they were one of the few creatures capable of killing dragons. As for the king, he was my greatest challenge since he was one of the last riders that survived the fall that he caused."

"If only me and my fellow casters could be there to help you, Shadeslayer." Said Blodhgarm. "Yoy would probably defeated him and Shruikan more quickly and go a little more unscathed during that event." He sounded atitle guilty.

"Do not worry Blodhgarm. What's in the past is done."

"I know. You're right."

"And before the battle with the dark king and his dragon, I was b it a student and a learner, but now I am more knowledgeable when it comes to Dragon riders."

"Yeah, you came such a long way, darling." Said Rarity.

"Despite.... losing some friends, you still pulled through." Rainbow added.

"Exactly. I just need to keep on pushing forward and not let those kind of events bring me down."

"Have you made your decision, master Eragon?" said the butler.

"Yes. I will just have a salad." he replied

"I will have a zesty cucumber sandwich." said Blodhgarm.

"We'll just take dandelion sandwiches." said Twilight.

"yeah, and can I have a side of fries with that?" Spike added

"Of course. On the house." the butler replied then he went to fetch them all their lunch of choice.

"So when do you think Nasuada will give you her letter, Eragon?" asked Rainbow Dash curiously

"I honestly do not know when it will come. It took me and all of my crew a month to reach Equestria, so it might be in a month. Or yet again, it could happen in a week or less. I'll just have to wait and see."

"Well, I hope it would be soon." said Applejack.

"I just hope that everypony would be OK with dragon riders living in Equestria, and so will i." Fluttershy said

"Don't worry, Fluttershy." said Eragon. "The dragons will not eat you or anypony else. I promise." he placed his hand over her hoof. "And if a dragon try and eat you, me and Saphira will put a stop to it."

"Thank you, Eragon."

"You're welcome."

"Well, i am worried that not everypony will like the idea of dragon riders coming to Equestria." Rarity pointed

"You are not wrong, Rarity. There will always be someone that will not like or even hate the idea. Perhaps they just need some time to get used to it."

"I suppose that's true." said Twilight

"I am pretty sure that almost everyone in Equestria would like the idea of dragons from Alagaesia living here." said Blodhgarm. "Twilight, you are still going to try and build a temple or a sanctuary or at least a training ground for the riders, right?"

"Of course. We'll do what we can to help you with that."

"And so will Princess Celestia and Luna." said Pinkie.

"Alright, bon appetite, my friends." said the butler, placing the food on the two tables. Almost all of them ate nonchalantly, except for Spike, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, who just horked their meals down. Turns out they really must have been hungry, either that, or that is just how Rainbow and Pinkie eat many times, and Spike was the one that was really hungry.

"Did you eat well, Spike?" Twilight asked him

"Yep, why do you ask?"

"Just checking on you." said Twilight with a smile.

"I know. i know."

"I'll pay for it all." said Rarity. She put a small amount of bits on both tables to pay for the food they ate. Then, out of nowhere, the same falcon that Eragon used as a messenger bird to Nasuada finally returned and perched on the table. Perry, had another note on his foot, it had to be from Nasuada.

"Perry, you're back!" Fluttershy exclaimed with glee.

"Guess it took earlier than we expected" Twilight noted,

"Aye" Eragon gently took out the note out of Perry's feet and unscrolled it.

"What does it say?" Asked Rarity

"Let's go into my house and then I will read it out loud to you." Just like that, they all followed him back to his new house. They all sat and Eragon cleared his throat, ready to read what Nasuada wrote him on reply.

Dear Eragon Shadeslayer

It is so wonderful to communicate like this to you in a month since we last saw eachother. I already sent word to Arya, Orik, Garzhvog, and Orrin about what you requested of me. You have not asked me too much of anything, for I would be pleased to help the riders grow. Arya really misses you so much and said that she loved you.

"Awww.." Everypony and Spike said

Eragon felt like shedding a tear about his love, and felt a little so sing in his throat, but ignored it and continued reading.

There are only a number of eggs that hatched for new riders, and only a few are big enough to carry at least one or two people. the egg that was with the urgals has hatched and heard that it is quite a large majestic creature bigger than a normal dragon infant would be. The Urgal rider is named Dervoc and should be arriving in Equestria tomorrow. He just needs to say goodbye to his friends and family before he can come, and maylook for anyone from any race that wants to become a dragon rider, as for the dwarf that became a rider. A few other riders up to ten of them might appear to moron as well for you might want to warn your new equine friends about this. What I have heard, they said they would be more than pleased to go to Alagaesia for you to train. However, the problem is that they feel saddened that they would leave their previous lives behind, not all of them of course, but a large number of them. They might need a little time to say goodbye to their families and friends, and need to think. I hope that you understand why this might take a while. As for the boats with the people who do not have riders, but want to become one, they will trynall they can to get to Equestria as fast as they can. there are already lots of sturdy boats for them to aboard on, but sadly i do not know when they might come to Equestria in particular. i am very sorry. Farewell. May the original riders watch over you and pray for my father.

High Queen and old friend, Nasuada

Then Eragon promptly scrolled the letter back. "Well, this is great." Said Twilight with excitement. "Sounds like new riders might come to Equestria soon."

"We might as well build a sanctuary." Said Applejack. "Or at least new houses for them and their dragons."

"Not so fast." Eragon chuckled. "You heard Nasuada, we need to tell everyone in town and Celestia and Luna about their arrival, remember." Then he was thinking of an idea. "Call a town meeting with the mayor and we will announce it."

"Right!" They all said in unison. They all headed out and spread the word of the future arrival of new a dragon riders coming to their home. Hopefully, they would all be alright with the idea.

PreviousChapters Next