• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 5,571 Views, 115 Comments

Eragon's New Home: Equestria - MetalBrony823



Eragon Shadeslayer can't go back to Alagaesia because of the prophecy, so he lives in Equestria. To make new friends with adorable, and colorful ponies

  • ...
29
 115
 5,571

PreviousChapters Next
Continuing the Narration Part 4

Eragon awoke the next morning. He looked at the beautiful view of outside from his window, and the sky was beautiful as ever. He smiled and got out of bed to put on a new set of clothes for him to wear today. His stomach growled, knowing why it was doing that, like everyone else in the world. "I need meat." he thought. He grabbed his bow, and quiver, and decided to go out and find something to hunt, and declared himself that he didn't need Brisingr, because he had magic and his bow with him. He noticed that ponies are herbivores, and don't associate with me. He went downstairs, and went outside.

"Ah, good morning, little one." said Saphira in his head. "How did you sleep last night?"

Eragon looked at her, laying in her little shed, her sleeping spot. He smiled at her, and replied "Like a wolf pup. And what about you, how did you sleep?"

"Like a baby dragon.' Saphira replied to him. "Where might you be off to?"

"I need some meat, so I am going to hunt outside of Ponyville." Eragon answered. "Maybe i will bring just a deer or two. I'll be back in a little while."

"Very well. Wait! the ponies might think you are a murderer of you bring a doe and or buck back from the wilderness. Ponies, and horses are herbivores after all."

"Ah, you're right." Eragon remembered, beating himself. "Perhaps I should just bring small pieces in my sack so no one will notice." He went back inside and brought his sack to carry the meat in.

"Be careful out there, little one." Saphira called to him as he was walking into the plains out of Ponyville. "You'll never know what you will find."

"Don't worry, Saphira. I will." Eragon called back to her with his mind. While he was walking through the streets, many ponies waved at him, being very friendly to him as ever.

Meanwhile, with Saphira, she just sat in her little shed, and looked around the town, and smiled at how it thralled. Maybe she and Eragon found a perfect place after all. The only question she thought of it was: what will become of the eggs that will hatch. If they had ponies for riders, then it would be complete and utter nonsense. She worried greatly about them, but decided to put that aside for a little while. After all, she, Eragon, and the elves just arrived in Equestria and just began settling in Ponyville. When the time comes, maybe Eragon might think of a solution for the eggs.

She rested her head on her arms as she laid on her belly to relax. She thought of what she would do today, either with Eragon, by herself, or with her new friends that are called ponies, and that baby dragon named Spike of course.

"Hey, Saphira!" A voice called out. The voice sounded like a little girl, and it squeaked, like she was going through puberty. It was Sweetie Belle's voice. Next to her were Applebloom, and Scootaloo. They all ran up to Saphira, looking like they want to spend a little quality time with her.

"Hello, girls." Saphira said, touching all three of their minds. "What brings you here on this beautiful morning?"

"We just wanted to say hello." Applebloom answered for her.

"And we were wondering if you would like to play with us." Scootaloo added

Saphira didn't say anything to reply for a minute, for she was thinking of whether she should play just a short game with the girls or not. She really like them a great deal after all, and found them to be rather... Amusing, like little adorable baby dragons, even though they are not dragons at all. "Well, normally i usually don't lay silly games, but i suppose that i could." She replied.

The girls smiled and jumped with joy. They all decided to play Simon says with her and the three sat with her under the shed as they were playing


Eragon looked around the horizon and his surroundings to see if there was any animal he can take down for it's meat. Finally, there was a wild boar with long, brown shaggy fur and long razors sticking out of his mouth. It was a perfect animal for Eragon to eat from.

He felt remorse, and didn't want kill to kill it, but he really did need meat. He is only half elf now after all, and not completely one. He steadied his bow and quietly his behind a bush to get a good angle at the creature so that he can shoot it down. He quietly got closer and closer by crouching in the bushes and didn't make a single sound to alert it as he did with every moved he took. He aimed at the beast and licked his arrow for good measure. His heart pounded like a drum, and then, he released his arrow.

He closed his eyes and heard a small squeal, and the boar fell to the ground. The arrow hit directly on his side. Eragon came out of the bush and then looked at the boar closer than the last time he just saw him before he hid in the brush. It turns out that he was right. This boar was gigantic after all, and was enough meet to conserve him for a few days if he wanted to eat any if them. He pulled out his pouch, and then sliced the boar with Brisingr, skinning it, and taking a few large chunks of meat out. The smell was a little revolting, and the air around it smelled of blood, but it will clear out once he cooks the pieces of meat he decides to take with him. For the rest of the meat, he decided to leave it for vultures, ravens, crows, or many other carrion animals that see it and want to eat it.

"My dearest apologies, creature." Eragon said to it, showing some regret for killing him. He put the meat on his pouch, and decided to go back to Ponyville to cook it at his new house.

When he walked for almost a mile, he already saw three vultures circling around and squawking with happiness to see a dead animal made just for them, from Eragon. However, he did not get the feeling that he was not alone. He was being watched by a silhouetted man and a shorter one next to him.

"Shall proceed to kill him, sir?" Said the shorter one.

"No." The larger one addressed. His voice sounded exactly like a nobleman, or a human in royalty with a legal deep voice. "Let the boy have his fun for now. When the time comes, we will strike at him. I do not know when, for it could be a week, or a month, or a year, but we will strike when the time comes."

"Very well. Sir." The shorter soldier said in obedience, bowing his head in respect.

The hooded silhouetted man smiled evilly at the boy "oh you will be definitely in for a big surprise in time, Eragon Shadeslayer. Soon, I will avenge our fallen king that you just killed, and the Empire will rise once again." He chuckled evilly and eerily stepped back into the forest, like a ghost.

Poor Eragon didn't notice a slighted clue about this, but it wouldn't be something for him to worry about just yet. He happily carried his sack filled with meat, and went back to town. As he was back in the town, he saw the girls playing with Saphira, laying in front of her to relax. He smiled at it, seeing how Saphira is getting along well with the inhabitants. He went in the house and put his breakfast of choice on top of the stove so that it will be cooked.

Meanwhile, he pulled out out a buttered biscuit for him to eat on the side. While he was waiting, he looked at his half of the dragon eggs, and then at Umaroth's eldunari, and asked him "master, what will become of these eggs? What if they never hatch?"

It was silent for a few seconds, except for the fire crackling in the stove. Finally, U ardth answered him in a calm voice. "That I am uncertain youngling. I cannot tell when they will hatch, and who they will hatch for exactly. Ponies as riders is probably not a good combination, and their are no humans, dwarves, elves, or urgals in this land that they all call, Equestria. You only got a small half of the, after all, while the others are in the care of Arya back in our homeland."

"I suppose, but we still have quite a lot of eggs with us. I fear for their future." Eragon stated.

"So do I and Glaedr." Umaroth replied. "We have just began to settle in Equestria after all."

"And we only stayed here for only three days." Glaedr added

"Perhaps. But, will they ever hatch?" Eragon asked both of them

"Like Umaroth just stated, we do not know when exactly they will hatch. Remember what Brom said, an egg will wait forever until he or she will find their rider of choice."

"I know that. I just wish that... That some dwarves, elves, and even urgals can come to Equestria and the eggs will see if the eggs see them as their riders." Said Eragon, trying to think

"THAT could be arranged." Said Glaedr. "That sounds like a likely idea."

"It does, but I can never go back, remember? And neither can Saphira."

"Perhaps, but you can use a messenger bird." Glaedr suggested. "You could ask Arya, Nasuada, Orik, or Garzhvog with a messenger bird, and ask them if there are willing people that would like to be a dragon rider. They can use ships to sail to Equestria, or we can get Celestia and or Luna to get them here rather swiftly instead of just waiting for a month or a number of long weeks for them to reach here."

"I.... I suppose I can." Eragon tried to protest at first, but it did sound like a brilliant idea, and he could not argue with the fact that it was really thought out and planned. "You're right. And, if any of them would like to stay here in Equestria or go back to Alagaesia. The choice would be theirs."

"Precisely!" said Umaroth.

Eragon smiled. "Very well. Perhaps I will do that soon. However, we did just settle her, like you and Umaroth just said."

"Very well, youngling." Glaedr remarked

All of a sudden, their conversation was interrupted by a sudden knock on the door. He was a little irritated, but decided to answer the door anyway. Before he did, however, he looked at his meat and shouted to whoever it was "I'll be right there." then he went to fetch his meat on a plate along with his cinnamon bun.

When he answered it, there was Rarity, the white unicorn fashionista. "Hello, Rarity." He said to her on a smile.

"Good morning, Eragon." Rarity said politely to him. "And good morning to you too, Saphira." The blue dragon made a happy grunt to her in response.

"What brings you here this morning?"

"Well, Darling. I just thought of an idea. You see, when I looked at your drawings with the elves that you shown to us since your first day here, and from your crew members too. Oh! And I also designed some new clothes for you."

"Really? Well, that is very kind of you, but I already have more than enough clothes already." Eragon said, politely.

"Ah, but I made these just on case you ran out or for your own satisfaction." Rarity replied. "Come, I want to show you, and tell me what you think."

Eragn chuckled. "Alright, alright. I suppose I can come along."

Rarity's smile grew bigger. "Brilliant! Come along then." She pulled on Eragon's sleeve with her magic, like she was gently dragging him with her to her boutique. When they arrived, Rarity showed Eragon the clothes she made for him. Like she was talking about. Eragon was truly amazed. They were all really colorful, and looked very dazzling. "It wasn't easy for me, but I made the, suitable for bipedal creatures like you."

"Rarity." He said. "This is beautiful. I wish that many clothes would be this colorful in Alagaesia."

"Why thank you, Eragon." Rarity flustered. "Oh and I would like to show you my inspiration from the elves. Eragon followed her to another room, and her manikins had clothes that were I spired by the elves of Alagaesia. There were robes, jackets, and dresses for everypony in town to wear."

"That's fascinating." Said Eragon in astonishment.

"Indeed. Everypony is going to love it." Said Rarity in a sing-song town.

"I can see that." He looked around the middle of her boutique, and Eragon asked her "so, is this why you brought me here?"

"Oh well, I was also wondering if you can stay for tea with me." Rarity replied

Eragon thought of it, and he said "I suppose I can have a cup of tea with you for a number of minutes before I head back."

Rarity's smile grew even more wider. "Marvelous." She said with joy. She went into the kitchen and pulled out her tea kettle and two cups, and poured the tea in. She brought the tray over with magic, and suggested "let's have a seat, shall we?"

Eragon sat on the table and Rarity sat on the other side. Eragon took a small sip of his tea while Rarity sipped right after he did.

"So, darling, will we hear more of your adventures back in Alagaesia?" Rarity asked

"Of course." Eragon replied. "But, me and Saphira have training to do, so if you do not mind my saying, but can you wait when it is nightfall?"

"Of course. We all love to hear them again some time." Rarity replied

"Good." He took another sip "you know, you should try elven tea from Du Weldenvardn. They taste just good as this."

"Do they now?" Rarity asked with a little disbelief. "Do you think you can show me the recipe someday?"

Eragon smirked "maybe someday, but not today." He answered.

"Oh very well, darling." Rarity sighed with mock sadness. She and Eragon continued to drink their little tea, and she they were finished, Eragon out the cup in the sink, and was about to walk out when Rarity said "wait!" You're leaving right now?"

"Well, yes. I told you I was only going to be here for a few minutes. I already have breakfast ready, so I might as well be heading back to eat before it gets too cold for me."

Rarity was a little bummed, but she understood, and she replied "very well. I will see you later." Eragon smiled at her remark. "Oh and don't forget your new clothes.

"Very well." Eragon chuckled. He went to the table where his new set of clothes were, and he picked them up in a pile, like a laundry bundle. "Au revoir" Eragon called to her, and then he left the house with his clothes. While he was heading back, he hoped that Saphira hasn't got hold of his meat, and that no one in town saw it. Not to mention that his breakfast wasn't getting cold, minus the cinnamon bun of course. Not only that, but he also thought of what Glaedr and Umaroth suggested to him about bringing any race from Alagaesia that want to become a dragon rider to come to Equestria, and see if any of the eggs hatch for any of them. He would think about it nonstop, and could not argue how much of a good and very likely idea it was.

He arrived back at his new house, and went inside so that he can eat his breakfast and put an end to the endless growling in his stomach. The meat wasn't touched, and sat there the way it was before he went with Rarity. Before he did, he put his clothes on his bed upstairs, and then he went to eat his breakfast. The boar meat was really delicious, and more delicious than the meat cut from the bastard known as Sloan. Of course he did have sympathy for killing it, but he did need meat for himself.

"So, How was it with Rarity?" Asked Saphira in his mind.

Eragon put the last piece of his meat on the plate, and answered "It was rather... delightful. We had some tea together, and she made me some dazzling new clothes just in case."

"That sounds very kind of her." said Saphira. It was silent for a moment before she asked "Do you think you will try what Glaedr and Umaroth suggested?"

"How did you know about that?"

"I can hear your thoughts if I wanted too remember." Saphira replied teasingly

"Maybe I will. But we just settled in Equestria, in case you didn't hear that."

"I know. I know."

Eragon continued to eat his breakfast by eating his bun after eating the last piece of boar meat. When he finished, he put his plate in the sink, washed it, and went outside again. "Hello girls." he addressed to the three fillies playing with Saphira

"Hi, Eragon." they all replied to him in unison in a friendly tone.

"How are you?" asked Scootaloo.

"Just had some breakfast."

"Nice. We were just playing with Saphira." Applebloom said.

"And I hope you didn't mind." Sweetie said

"no no no. Of course not." Eragon chuckled. "Well, I'm afraid you'll have to play with her later. We are just about to practice our usual training as dragon and dragon rider.

"Aww." said the three in disappointment.

"Don't worry. We'll be back later. We are just going to be taught by Glaedr from his experiences from when he was alive.

"Who's Glaedr?" asked Applebloom.

"Oh yes. I forgot to mention you, didn't I." Eragon pulled out his small sack that contained the eldunari. "Glaedr, you don't mind if I told them about you, do you?"

"Of course not. I do not mind at all. These ponies are very friendly, and can be trusted." Glaedr replied to him through his mind.

"Good." Eragon showed the three the eldunari, and they all looked astonished by it's color, shininess, and beauty.

"It's beautiful." said Scootaloo.

"Very shiny." Applebloom added

"What is it?" said Sweetie Belle.

"This.... normally I wouldn't tell many people about this, but for your cases since you ponies are very friendly to me, I suppose I can make an exception for you. Now, you know that the type of dragon Saphira is talks with you through your mind, right?"

"Right." all three replied.

"This gem is the source of that. This is called an eldunari, or in the Ancient language, 'The heart of hearts'. You see, Glaedr was a large golden dragon, even bigger than Saphira. He was Saphira's mentor and teacher for the ways of the dragon rider as well as my mentor. His rider was named, Oromis. Sadly, Glaedr and Oromis are dead."

The girls looked at him with remorse.

"We're sorry to hear that." said Sweetie in a sympathetic voice

"yeah, sorry Eragon." Scootaloo added

"So what does this got to do with this gem?" said Applebloom

"Ah, now when a dragon dies they go to this little gemstone, the eldunari. He can still teach me, so hope is not lost." Eragon replied

The girls all went "wow" and were truly more amazed.

"Can we talk to him?" asked Scootaloo.

"Of course." Eragon held out his hands so that the girls can talk to the golden dragon's spirit. "Now remember, try to use your mind." he reminded

"Ummmm, hello?" Applebloom said, trying to get a hold of Glaedr.

"Hello, little one." Glaedr replied to her in a deep voice

Applebloom was taken aback with amazement, but of course was a little startled.

"Sorry, I did not mean to frighten you."

"It's alright." Applebloom replied.

"So you were Eragon and Saphira's teacher?" asked Scootaloo.

"That I was, and so was my rider, Oromis, just as he mentioned to all of you." Glaedr replied

"Well, we might as well introduce ourselves." said Sweetie Belle. "My name is Sweetie Belle, and-"

"I know. Eragon told me about you, and your two friends here."

"He did?" asked Applebloom.

"Indeed, he did." the gold dragon replied.

"Wow, well, this is awesome, talking to a ghostly dragon." said Scootaloo in astonishment.

"Well, I am not a ghost, but... I no longer live in the flesh."

"Oh, well what was it like teaching Saphira and Eragon?" asked Scootaloo.

"I would rather prefer that I would keep that information to myself, Saphira, and Eragon only. Some things as a dragon and rider are usually meant to keep to themselvesm if you do not mind my saying."

"Oh, sorry." said Applebloom

"Don't be sorry." said Glaedr in a soft voice. "Maybe I will tell you someday, but I do not know when that time will come."

"Okay. We understand, Glaedr." said Sweetie Belle

"Yeah, Glaedr, that's fine."Scootaloo added

"It is really nice to meet you, Glaedr." Applebloom added after Scootaloo.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you too. I bid you a temporary farewell." the golden dragon replied.

"Are you all done talking to him?" Eragon asked

"Uh-huh." the three replied to him in unison. Eragon put the eldunari away, and asked the girls "So, what did you think? Was it an extraordinary experience"

"Yeah, Glaedr is awesome!" Scootaloo replied.

"Yeah, It was fascinating." Sweetie added.

"Will we talk to him again?" asked Applebloom

"Of course. Just come to me when you feel like talking to him again, and I'll see if he will be available to talk to." Eragon replied. Then he went to Saphira and she went outside her shed. After that she mounted on her. "Well, we might as well be off to train now. See you all later." then he flew off in the distance.

The girls waved by at him before he vanished from their eyesight.


Later that night, Saphira was out on a hunt for dinner. Meanwhile, Eragon was having his own dinner in his house from another hunt he just endured. This time, it was a large doe he was just eating instead of a boar. Of course when he took it down, he butchered it with Brisingr and put the meat piles in his meat bag like the way he did with the boar earlier. After he ate, he belched really loudly, and wiped his face with a napkin.

Then, he heard another knock on the door. He went out to open it, opened it. It was Twilight, Fluttershy, Big Mac, and the others. "Oh, hello, everyone. What are all of you doing here?" He asked

"Don't you remember?" said Pinkie. "You promised that you would continue telling us your awesome adventures and why you came to Equestria int eh first place!" her voice sounded really excited as usual, and the others were just as excited as she was, however, not as hyper like she is.

"Oh. I have forgotten." Eragon replied in remembrance. "Right then. Come on in." He stepped aside so that his new friends can come in and hear more about his past experiences. They all made themselves comfortable and sat near the fire place where Eragon will resume in front of them. "Now that you all feel comfortable. Where was it when I left off yesterday? Oh yes, where my new sword was created. Right after I created Brisingr, Rhunon, the elven blacksmith I told you about said that it was her best creation yet. When I returned with Oromis, we decided to join the Varden in finally freeing Alagaesia from the evil clutches of the Empire. Not only that, but the elves were also about to lead an assault on Gil'ead, the prison city that Durza held me in. Before we left. Oromis and Glaedr told me and Saphira about the eldunari, and how they give a rider power. That was the reason why Galbatorix and the Forsworn were able to kill the dragon riders in the first place. Oromis and Goaedr would also aid Islanzadi and her army in the siege of Gil'ead."

"What city were you going to take first?" Asked Spike

"Feinster." Eragon answered. "That was where we would strike first. When we left for the second time, we bid our mentors farewell, and we headed to Feinster. When we got there we encountered three wizards. What was horrifying was that they were trying to create a shade."

His audience gasped with surprise.

"Another shade?" Rarity said

"Yes, possible as a replacement for Durza." All of a sudden. They all heard a small thump of the ground, like a small earthquake just erupted.

"What was that?" Asked Twilight

"No need to worry, everyone." Eragon said to them. "Saphira just came back from looking for food, that's all. Now, back to my story. Now, they were creating a shade, but I felt more confident mp because of my new elf abilities, and Arya by my side."

"Did you fight them?" Asked Applejack.

"Well, not yet. You see, I looked through a vision of what was going on at Gul'ead at the moment. Oromis and Glaedr were fighting Murtagh and North right above the city."

"They were fighting? That's awesome!" Said Ranbow with excitement.

"Who won?" Asked Fluttershy, curious to hear about the battle

Eragon's face turned into a frown, and he gave a sigh of melancholy. Everyone noticed this and became a little concerned.

"What's wrong, Eragon?" Fluttershy asked with concern

"Nothing." Eragon replied swaying his hand at them like it didn't even really even matter. "Anyway, Oro is and Glaedr were about to gain the upper hand when Murtagh and Thorn were possessed by Galbatorix and Shruikan themselves.

His new friends gasped on shock.

"Why were they possessed?" Asked Big Mac

"Galbatorix was trying to convince Oromis and Glaedr to join his army and said that the Varden were the ones interfering with peace, but they were all just words of honey. Oromis, of course, didn't believe him, and Glaedr was not convinced either, and then he called him a coward and a traitor. Just like that, Glbatorix turned from calm to furious and hateful. Then, they fought again. However....." Now he got to the part of his teacher's demise.

"Yes?" Everyone said, eagerly.

"Oromis he.... He had one of his seizure, and Naegling, his sword, fell to the ground. With that, Galbatorix on Murtaghs's body, he... Slashed him from shoulder to hip, and the worst part was that Glaedr felt it too."

Everyone was stunned and they all gasped with horror

"That's horrible!" Said Fluttershy

"What happened next? What happened next?!" Pinkie exclaimed

Glaedr kicked Thorn away with powerful force away from Gil'ead, for he was trying to save him by trying to bring him to Islanzadi and her spellcasters to heal him, but it was too late..." He bowed his head on sadness. "Oromis told Glaedr not to mourn him and.... He was dead." He turned his head away so that no one would see his face.

Everypony was stunned, and could not believe what they just heard. They all had the feeling of wanting to cry now, even Rainbow Dash. They all had feelings of both remorse for what happened to Oromis.

Despite that, Eragon continued by saying. "Glaedr was truly heartbroken by the loss of his fallen life-long comrade. Then, he turned from sadness to rage, and went back to find Thorn and Murtagh. H wanted to do many horrible things to them, he wanted to burn them, cherish them, make them bleed and other horrible things that he could possibly do to them. Glaedr found Thorn and he bit Thorn's tail. He held on tight to it, and then, snap, he bit ree feet of Thorn's tail fright off of him with a waterfall of blood pouring down. However. Thorn was too fast for Glaedr to make a second strike at him, and then.... He bit the base of Glaedr's skull, and.... And.... He was..." Ten. Felt like the stream was about to come down from his eyes. "No more." He then Turned away and couldn't hold it any longer. He finally let a few tears escape from his corneas.

Everyone on front of him felt the same way too.

"Oh, you poor poor thing." Said Fluttershy with a few tears streaming down her face. She looked at Glaedr's eldunari and hugged it, really tightly, showing him some love and sympathy for his lost.

"That's the saddest thing ever." Pinkie exclaimed, also feeling the stream

"Poor Oromis." Said Twilight

"Poor Glaedr." Spike added.

Everyone then began to cry loudly, and then they would hug eachother for comfort. Spike and Twilight were hugging, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were hugging, and everyone was hugging eachother randomly for a few seconds for comfort. They were weeping for a full ten minutes, but finally they recovered.

"We are so sorry that happen to you, Eragon." Said Rainbow, wiping a tear from her eye.

"Thank you, Rainbow. And thank you all for caring about me and Saphira. B, let's not let that hold on to our heads." Said a eragon trying to forget about the deaths for a little while

Everyone nodded sir head on Agreement, then Eragon continued.

"Now, the shade was comlete, for there were three of them, all of them named Varaug." Now they were all surprised to hear that there was more than shade. One shade would be horrible enough, but three is far worse than one. "We managed to defeat all three. And Arya was now l own as Shadeslayer too. However, I told her the terrible news that just terrible. We co forged eachother, but we decided that their are worse things that will happen if we all don't act now." He looked at the clock and then he decided to have enough. "I'm sorry, but, I want to continue the narration some other time. I am... I'm...."

"We understand, Sugarcube." Said Applejack, placing a hoof on his shoulder. "And... We're so sorry that happen to you, Eragon."

"Thank you." Eragon replied with a smile.

"So sorry." Fluttershy added.

"Come on guys, we might as well be heading home too." Said Twilight. They all agreed, and then they all went home, leaving Eragon alone.

"I am sorry..... Master." Was all that Eragon had to say before he went to hit the sack upstairs.

Author's Note:

So sorry if this one took a while. I hope you all enjoy it.

PreviousChapters Next