• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 1,775 Views, 13 Comments

A Bond Carved In Blood - MajorFrostwing



Charles A. Bishop is a vampire From Earth he lived a normal life of luxury. Something happened when he decided to go to bed one day. He woke up in Equestria discovered in the middle of a field could he put his life together in this new world?

  • ...
8
 13
 1,775

Part 5: Day In The Sun

A Bond Carved In Blood
Part 5: Day In The Sun

By: Major Frostwing

I gotta say I could have gone for a few more hours of sleep but sadly.

A hand was slammed on the table. "Explain to me what you want me to do? Have a guard be with every Changeling in case they are attacked." Celestia yelled towards Chrysalis.

"We just want the hunts to cease on my kind." She yelled back slamming her hand on the table. The vase was bouncing so much I was using my magic to keep it in place. "No more oppression and killings." I wanted to sigh but I knew this would not be the correct place to do so.

"I can not change the views of my subjects." She shot back and I finally lost it letting out a groan. Everyone looked at me.

"How about something a little smaller to start out." I said letting out a yawn. "A compromiser." I said standing up. "Some one to watch the changeling and keep them safe only volunteers." I moved to my fridge pulling up a blood packet drinking it slowly. "If you force this it will only blow up in your face." I smiled moving back to the table. "Chrysalis will be with me and Twilight for a month we will go out and introduce her to the people of Ponyville. Since Twilight is a princess and her friends are the elements of harmony people will be more willing to listen to them if they say she is safe and brings no harm to people." They looked at me nodding but Celestia was skeptical.

"And how do you know this will work?" I sighed finishing off the packet.

"Because that's how we did it and it worked out perfectly." I said with a smile. "It also happens to be how I met my late wife princess so I would say with certainty it will work and if not... Well let's just say I bet my life on it." I leaned on my arm smiling almost like I was baiting Celestia to fall into my trap.

"You have that much confidence in your little plan working?" She asked smiling back at me. "Then of course let us put your plan into effect but just to be safe I will have a few guards stay here as well." She crossed her arms smiling as if that I would agree to her terms. Time to break her little glass plan.

"Sadly that will just reinforce everyone's view on the changelings. So I have to decline that little part of "Your" plan." I looked to Chrysalis. "If she becomes dangerous I will deal with the problem. It would be easier to kill a race of one instead of fighting a war between two races." I sighed. "I mean no offense to you Chrysalis but I am viewing this in a negative way I am positive this will work out." Twilight nodded.

"I agree to the terms of this plan Chrysalis will be allowed to stay with me and while in my care no harm will come to you. You have my word." Twilight stood bowing to Chrysalis. The other elements stood as well.

"And ours as well darling." Rarity said bowing with twilight and the others.

"You have my blessing in this kingdom Chrysalis." Luna said standing.

"Thank you Charles and thank all of you." Chrysalis said bowing to them.

"One month if this plan works then I will deem Changelings citizens of Equestria my guards will cease their hunts and will treat them with respect." Celestia said standing up about to teleport when I stopped her.

"Wait for the vampire to get out of the room first." I said walking up the stairs to the living room.

One month... that is less time I had to work with back home but it will have to do for now. I sighed walking outside staying in the shade of the tree I could still feel the burn from the sun but it wasn't bad enough to make me drop in pain. I lit a cigarette smoking it with a sigh. "I got my work cut out for me but I can make this work." I smiled looking up at the blue sky. "Is a cloudy stormy day to much to ask for?" I muttered finishing my cigarette.

----------------------------------

I heard a knocking on my coffin as I rolled over inside. "Go away..." I groaned as I tried to go back to sleep. The knocking got louder. "Please just let me sleep it's still day outside." I muttered still trying to sleep. The lid of my coffin was ripped off as I covered my face from the lights that were on.

"Charles you need to wake up the day is still young and we need to go introduce Chrysalis to the people." Twilight said as the lid of my coffin was set down on the other side of the room.

"Twilight what am I?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"A... Vampire." She stated confused.

"Correct. What do vampires do during the day?" I asked sitting up in my coffin.

"Sleep..." She realized looking down at the ground.

"Correct again. Unless you have a spell that can bend light around and away from me let the vampire sleep." I saw Twilight's eyes lighten up.

"I can make you immune for the most part to the sun's rays." I was midway through laying down in my coffin when I heard her and sat back up.

"Excuse me!?" I asked as she crossed her arms smiling.

"It's a spell used for people who don't want to get a sunburn if I increase the spell strength I can allow you to walk out during the day." I just stared at her my mind was broken for the most part.

"Can we test this spell right now?" I asked standing up I was groggy but I couldn't be tired right now.

"Of course I just hav-"

"Twilight you just told a vampire he would be able to step into the sun and not burst into flames." I pointed out. "Not to sound rude but just do the damn spell if you mind." I was trying to be polite but I really just wanted this to work.

"Charles you can be a jerk sometimes." She said with a huff her horn glowed bright and then flashed as I felt a tingling sensation on my skin that subsided as I seemed to disappear in a flash of speed outside of the door into the sun. I waited for the horrible burning sensation and the horrible pain to begin... But it never came I collapsed to my knees looking up at the sky. I noticed that my face was wet when I reached up I saw the tears on my hand. I began to laugh for the first time in 2467 years I stood in the sun and did not fear for my life. Twilight stepped outside seeing me smiling gently.

"Twilight..." I whispered as she walked over to me. "Thank you. Thank you." I repeated several times as I continued to stare at the aky.

---------------------------------------------

After my little episode Twilight, Chrysalis, and myself walked through town a few of the people stopped and stared at the princess walking with an enemy of the crown and a strangely pale man walk through town. "Twilight let us stop and get something to eat." I suggested as I saw the strange house that seemed to be made of candy. She caught what I was looking at and nodded.

"That's where Pinkie Pie works she can help both of you feel more welcome." She moved into the building as Chrysalis and myself entered the room it went deathly silent. Twilight was about to say something when I stopped her. I leaned in whispering to her.

"Just order your food and we will order our own it will make us seem normal and less threatening." She nodded moving towards the counter as she ordered her food I ordered my own. Chrysalis just waited she didn't know what was right to order I whispered to her as well. "Just order a cupcake they are really good." She did just that. As we moved to a table all eyes were on us.

"So Chrysalis how do you like Ponyville so far?" Twilight asked with a smile Chrysalis picked up her cupcake looking at it.

"I feel everyone's eyes upon myself so a little uncomfortable." She said as I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"It's the first day it is to be expected when my kind first revealed ourselves to humans we had to wear an arm band that stated we were vampires." I took a sip of the tea I ordered. "It will get easier Chrysalis do not worry the stares will stop." She nodded taking her first bite of the cupcake her eyes widened.

"Twilight I taste love in these "Cupcakes"." We looked at her smiling. "Can food have emotion put into them?" She asked I nodded.

"Well there was always that little metaphor in cooking. "And a pinch of love." I always thought it was a joke but I guess it does exist." I said with a chuckle taking another sip of my tea. I notice Chrysalis devour the cupcake greedily. "You might want to slow down otherwise you will make yourself sick." Twilight and myself chuckled as Chrysalis blushed at my observation. A group of men walked forward towards our group.

"You're the asshole from the club a week ago." I glanced up just in time to see the first punch as it struck me in the eye knocking me into Chrysalis. I sat up slowly annoyed as hell now. "No empty bottles to cheat with." He said cracking his knuckles.

"I suggest you gentlemen leave." Chrysalis said trying to be civil instead of being violent.

"Shut up you bitch. No one wants you in this town anyway go back to your little hive and wait for the guard to hunt you do-" I reached out seizing the man by the throat lifting him off the ground.

"Pathetic foolish pony." I muttered as I stood up my eyes were a shining gold. "I hope you made peace with your maker." I set hand against his chest. When I felt a hand on my arm.

"Don't Charles." Chrysalis said as I looked towards her. "Just let him go he isn't worth it." I moved my hand away from the man setting him down I looked at every single person in the establishment in the eyes they all froze in place with blank stares on their faces.

"There was no incident here these gentlemen were returning my wallet to me is that understood?" I asked removing my wallet placing it in the thugs hand I released the man sitting back down everyone of them nodded. "Good." I snapped my fingers as everyone returned to what they were doing.

"Hey you dropped your wallet." The man who was only a few seconds ago about to be slaughtered was handing me back my wallet. I played it off as if I had lost my wallet.

"Oh thank you sir." I said as I opened it pulling out a 20 bit note handing it to him. "Something for your troubles." He nodded as him and his friends had left the cafe. I sighed leaning over the table.

Twilight leaned over to whisper to me. "What in the world was that Charles." I only sighed.

"Hypnosis a little trick vampires no longer use. It was originally used on a witness of our feeding make them think nothing had happened." I took a large drink finishing off my tea. "I don't like using it but that would be the best answer to that scenario." Twilight nodded Chrysalis looked towards me with concern.

"Why protect me Charles?" I shrugged.

"You remind me of myself when I first came out as a vampire the weird looks the insults but I could manipulate them yet I couldn't if I wanted them to accept us." I smiled to her. "So all I gotta say is take the insults and just let them just roll off of you it's not gonna be easy but in the end it will be worth it." She nodded understanding my words.

"Shall we go and visit Rarity get some new clothes made?" Twilight suggested we both nodded standing up as we left I noticed a few of the people watched us not with fear but with curiosity. I smiled internally this is perfect.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry you all had to wait for this chapter but I am back and will be posting another chapter in a few days until then. I shall be right here reading and typing.