• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 1,773 Views, 13 Comments

A Bond Carved In Blood - MajorFrostwing



Charles A. Bishop is a vampire From Earth he lived a normal life of luxury. Something happened when he decided to go to bed one day. He woke up in Equestria discovered in the middle of a field could he put his life together in this new world?

  • ...
8
 13
 1,773

Part 4: A Rude Awakening

A Bond Carved In Blood
Part 4: Rude Awakening

By: Major Frostwing

It has been a few days since I went and spoke with the Queen of the changelings. I wonder if she had taken my words to heart or will continue to be hard headed about this. I turned in my coffin going back to sleep.

A woman entered the library it was in the middle of the day just a bit after noon. Twilight perked up at hearing a customer. She closed her book smiling to the woman who entered. "Welcome to Ponyville Library how may I help you?" She said in a chipper tone. The woman closed the door behind her as green flames engulfed her dissolving her disguise.

"Good day Twilight Sparkle." She said in a flat tone almost annoyed at being in her presence. Twilight jumped back charging her horn. Chrysalis raised her hands. "I am not here to fight I am here to speak to Charles." She was calm.

"What do want with Charles?" She asked her horn still charged up.

"He came to me a few days ago speaking about coexistence with my kind and your kind." Twilight scoffed.

"And why would you want coexistence with us is this some plan to try and take over Canterlot." Twilight overloaded her magic when there was a loud thud from the basement.

"Twilight Sparkle..." A voice said from the basement. "Both of you basement now." The room went silent as both of them walked to the door not wanting to open it. "I said now." The door launched open.

Both Twilight and Chrysalis walked down the stairs into the basement feeling the pressure of tension coming from Charles. "I see you are awake." Chrysalis said with a chuckle. A coffin flew past her head slamming into the wall.

"I am a nocturnal creature. Vampires are very angry to be awoken during the day so this had better be good." I was not in a good mood. "And Twilight you almost destroyed something I was trying to build in this world do not act so rash." I scolded her and she lowered her head in shame.

"Charles I would like to continue our talk." Chrysalis looked at Twilight with a glare.

"She stays Chrysalis she is a Princess and if both of you can get along after your history I'm sure we can make this work." She nodded taking a seat in a nearby chair. I moved a table over and two more chairs. "Just let me get my drink." Twilight paled again she still wasn't used to my feeding habits. I opened the fridge pulling out a few packets.

"You are a strange one indeed Charles." Chrysalis said as I took my seat. I chuckled looking up at her.

"Coming from the one who can change her form and hungers for love." I pointed at her smiling. "Though I do wonder if you can harvest love into packets like blood." I looked at one of the packets pulling all of the blood out of it. The blood floated to the center of the table morphing into a rose in a vase. "Anyway shall we begin?" I stood from my seat bowing to both of them. "I am Charles Bishop. The only vampire of this world and mediator of these talks. All problems will be stated to me and only me. Do not speak out of turn and be polite to the other representative." I stood up straight a smile on my face. "Now let us begin."

------------------------

It has been 4 hours into the talks and so much progress has been made Twilight was a good rep for the Ponies. No incident has happened since the talks began. "Alright let us break here for dinner and then we shall pick it back up." I stated standing up the blood flower floated over to me morphing into a ball I bit into it devouring it happily.

"Charles may I speak with you?" I turned my view to Chrysalis I knew what she had to eat.

"Twilight go up stairs and begin cooking we shall be up shortly." She nodded going upstairs to the kitchen. I watched Chrysalis walk over to me I undid my collar exposing my neck. She bit into it feeding off of me it felt weird like losing a part of myself but not much different from allowing a subject to feed off of you. When she was done she took a step away.

"Thank you Charles." I nodded buttoning up my collar. "But what made you so certain that I would go through these talks peacefully?" I chuckled smiling.

"Because one of my wives convinced me that there was another way." I looked at her a gentle smile but it was filled with such sadness. "She was sad that my kind and hers killed each other so readily like there was nothing wrong with it. But she convinced me that all my kind wanted was to be accepted into the world." She seemed to understand because she walked up to me placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I guess you should have been given a much more powerful title Charles as King of your breed." I chuckled at her words.

"I could never be a king I am still far to young compared to our true king." She giggled at that. I motioned for her to follow me she did so readily. I went upstairs to the living room to see the other girls.

"I see so it was all a trap." Chrysalis said charging her horn. I set my hand on her shoulder shaking my head. She ceased her attack as I stood in front of her.

"All of you are to not attack Queen Chrysalis on order of the Vampire empire." They all looked at me shocked. "An attack on my ally will be a declaration of war on myself and my country." They all looked to Twilight who nodded.

"What are you talking about Charles you don't own a country here you are not as strong as you were in your old world." Rainbow Dash said calmly.

"Rainbow Dash the point is these are peace talks to allow the Changelings peace an the oblation of discrimination against a race of people." I was a little annoyed with Rainbow Dash but I wanted the humans to be oppressed at one point in my life.

"But they are evil." She said crossing her arms annoyed.

"You want to know something Rainbow." She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "My breed is evil as well we basically eat people and we fixed that by coexistence and Chrysalis is not evil she could have killed me when I went to her castle yet she let me live." I looked to Chrysalis smiling to her and she smiled back to me.

"Then prove you are Charles." I looked at her annoyed.

"Twilight call Celestia inform her to make her entrance as bright as possible." My eyes were locked with Rainbow's Twilight sent the letter and we only had to wait a few minutes before the bright flash exploded into the room. The second the light hit me my skin ignited as I fell to the ground still burning. Twilight dumped a bucket on me as I stood up my body was skeletalized. "Thank you Princess." I said looking at Rainbow.

"Well I guess you can't fake that." She said lowering down to me I set my skeleton hand on her shoulder looking at her with what was a cold glare.

"If you try and fuck up these peace talks I will rip a quart of your blood out of your chest." She shuddered as I spoke.

"So will someone explain to me why an enemy of the crown here?" I turned to Celestia annoyed.

"I can explain that sister." A darkness filled the room as Luna arrived in the room my body healed itself at her entrance. "Charles came to Chrysalis to help bring peace to our races." Luna nodded to me and I nodded back.

"Thank you Luna shall we continue the talks?" I asked Chrysalis and she nodded to me as we entered the basement.

----------------------------------

Everyone entered the basement seeing the coffin sticking out of the wall and a few empty blood packets in a trash can. "Normally it is a symbol of respect to make a flower or bring one to the talks as a sign of peace." I picked up a small glass vase setting it on the table. "Let us begin this the correct way. All new entrants to the talks are to introduce themselves and their titles so everyone knows another's name." I slit my finger with my nail the blood oozed out slowly before I pulled it out with my magic making a rose and setting it in the vase. Everyone did the same or set something near the vase that could pass as peaceful.

The room became quiet as introductions were given. The talks were slower due to the crowned princesses being there but Twilight was in charge at the moment of the talks. "I do not see why I should allow the changelings into my country and give them citizenship." I was about to speak but Twilight beat me to it.

"Princess Celestia for the past few years after the incident at the wedding we have hunted down the changelings killing them whenever another was found." Chrysalis nodded but remained silent. "We should not have to hunt down another race due to one incident." Celestia slammed her fist on the table.

"That was not the only incident the changelings were involved in." She boomed and I slammed my palm on the table.

"I know of the incident Celestia but I have to call you a hypocrite." Everyone in the room gasped at my accusation. "I am sorry to use you like this Holy Night Mother." I said bowing my head to Luna.

"And how so am I a hypocrite?" Celestia demanded of me.

"Because you forgave your sister and yet you can not forgive a race of people." Luna lowered her head knowing what I just said.

"Family is much more important." She tried to justify her actions. My fist slammed on the table again.

"MY OWN FAMILY BETRAYED ME AS WELL AND I FORGAVE BOTH SIDES FACE FACTS PRINCESS YOU DON'T WANT TO ADMIT YOU DID WRONG TO AN ENTIRE RACE!" I yelled I wasn't expecting the blow that hit me in the chest I fell out of my chair onto the floor. The flower of blood inside of the vase fell apart falling to the table top. I looked down seeing a burning hole in my chest.

"CELESTIA!" Luna boomed forcing Celestia to snap out of her rage. "These are peace talks you are not to attack the mediator or anyone else at the table." Luna walked toward me looking down at me. "Charles are you alright?" I turned my head over to her a blank expression on my face. I sat up and then stood walking back to my chair sitting down in it.

"Charles?" Chrysalis asked staring at the hole in my chest. I sighed putting my hands over the hole my blood shifted connecting my lungs back to my esophagus.

"Yea." I wheezed out. "I'm ok but Celestia." I looked to her and she avoided my gaze. "You are older than me Celestia act your age when it comes to this talk." She lowered her head ashamed of what she had just done. "Now then." I reconstructed the rose placing it in the vase except now it had thorns. "I will not back down from my statement you Celestia are a hypocrite and need to understand that you need to forgive both sides if you forgive one." I saw her look up with a glare directed at me. "Keep your anger in check you should know what happens when a peace talk goes sour." She hesitated looking away again.

"He is right Tia." Everyone looked to Luna. "You forgave the uprising I caused with the help of the changelings. I gave Charles the location of the changelings to help repent for the pain my selfishness and anger caused." She rubbed the moisture out of her eyes.

"Thank you Luna." Chrysalis said smiling to her.

"We will have to continue these talks tomorrow." Celestia said holding the side of her head. She flashed teleporting to her castle again the light burned me.

"DAMMIT STOP DOING THAT!" I yelled as my skin smoked Rainbow chuckled at my pain. My eye twitched as I walked up to her flicking her nose hard.

"Ow." She muttered rubbing her nose.

"Alright." I wheezed moving to my fridge pulling out a couple of blood bags. "I am going to stay down here and heal Chrysalis will be staying down here with me for the night everyone else will go home." I opened one drinking from it quickly.

"Charles, Chrysalis has to run her castle." I nodded understanding Twilight's argument.

"True but I am a little wary of what Celestia might do to Chrysalis so she will remain down here where I know nothing will happen to her." They shrugged leaving the basement to just Chrysalis and myself.

----------------------------------

Chrysalis had gone to sleep a few hours ago I just sat in the dark with a book in my hands reading it happily. "Charles?" I looked up suddenly my concentration on the book broken. It was Chrysalis she was sitting up from the bed that was set in the corner of the basement. "Are you still awake?" I closed my book quietly.

"Yes This is the time I am normally awake." She turned on a lamp nearby I raised my hand to shade my eyes. "And the dark is much better than the light." She nodded turning off the light.

"I was wondering have you ever seen the sun?" I sighed leaning back in my chair.

"No my kind has two separate reactions to the sun. Death... or what happens to me I don't die from the sun but it burns everything except my skeleton and heart." I looked toward my coffin sighing. "For source bloods like myself that is basically a staple hunters place us in the sun and then stake our hearts." I chuckled thinking back. "I think they have killed 25 source bloods in 4000 years not a very good record." I pulled out a packet biting into it.

"Do you still hold a grudge for the people who hunted you?" I shook my head chuckling.

"Nah I'm over it." I muttered before I sighed. "All kinds of things can happen now that I am in this world but I left a note on my desk saying I was on holiday." Chrysalis looked at me confused.

"Holiday for me is a couple decades." I opened my book back up. "Now go back to sleep Chrysalis the talks will continue in a few hours." I heard her give a giggle before rolling over and falling asleep. I continued to sit there reading my book till I felt the danger in my stomach of the impending dawn.