• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 4,471 Views, 416 Comments

Judge Celestia: Upon the Throne of Justice - Aegis Shield



Celestia allows a radio show to broadcast cases from the Noon Day Court.

  • ...
21
 416
 4,471

Recess #3: A Night Respite

Judge Celestia: Upon the Throne of Justice
Part 13: A Night Respite

Celestia stared at the sleeping stallion lying next to her, rather red-faced. She and Noble Cause had gone to dinner as planned, then spent the evening together, but when the Princess’ usual bedtime had come around a guard had poked his head in to check on her when the lights had not gone out. Yes, she had a bedtime, don’t poke fun, she had to be up with the dawn after all.

But when Noble Cause had risen to leave, she’d put her hoof over his. Perhaps he’d stay… just a bit longer? When the other guard had left, he’d slowly agreed. Camping out on the massive pillows in front of the hearth, they’d shared a shadowy respite when the sun had gone down and only firelight was there to guide them. Firelight kisses were certainly romantic.

Then he’d fallen asleep right there next to her.

She hadn’t expected it, but when he’d slid from his leaning into her into an on-his-side sleeping stance she didn’t have it in her to move him. Celestia smiled slowly, reaching and gingerly touching his pumpkin-orange mane. Her eyes half-lidded in a rather smitten way. Draping a massive wing over his body, she laid her head over his withers with a soft sigh.

The stallion stirred, turning over and curling into her on instinct. A moan-mutter was all that he said. Celestia stroked his mane a few more times to soothe him. How long had it been since she’d had a warm body next to hers while sleeping. Too long, she thought idly. Using her magic she gently pulled the curtains to shut out even the starlight. Her world was cast into the oranges and blacks of the fireplace. Well-insulated, the room began to heat nicely. Slowly stretching out until she lay on her side, the day princess gave a deep sigh of relief. Spooning up behind Noble Cause, she shared her body heat with him as one of her long legs served as his head-pillow, and another draped over him. She held him close, pushing her muzzle gingerly into his mane. The male musk of his scent worked its way into her mane, and the princess smiled contentedly. Sleep took her after a long time of slow, deep breathing.


Closer to the Dawn…


“Mmm, ice cream…. Lahhh-m… Lahhh-m…” Noble Cause awoke to find he was not sitting in a park licking an ice cream cone, but was laying on his side licking a large white… ankle? He stared blearily, his vision not quite there yet. “Uhhh…?” he lifted his head, but found himself pressed against something large and warm. Something breathing. Blood filled his face so fast he felt a little dizzy and dropped his head. That was--! That was--! He looked at the mussed, moist fur of her ankle (decidedly not ice cream), and saw she was pawing forward a little and giggling in her sleep.

“That… tickles…” Celestia husked in her sleep, mooshing him against her with her alicorn strength. “Muhhh…” she settled again, pushing her nose into his mane and snuffling a little before she went quiet. Noble Cause’s eyes bugged out for a moment, and he tried to calm himself. He didn’t remember drinking, or going to bed with her or… he noticed she was still wearing her golden horseshoes. They must’ve fallen asleep in front of the fire. Mind racing, he wondered what to do. Turning slowly and carefully, he looked at her. She looked so… vulnerable. Her brow was knitted in a fretful-looking slumber, her mouth hanging open as she took full, throaty breathes. “Uhhh…. Hooo…. Uhhh…. Hooo…” It wasn’t snoring it was just… audible. He fought down a savage grin. She was adorable! He tried hard not to giggle aloud and wake her. He dared reach and touched her milky white cheek. She took a deep breath of waking and he instantly regretted it.

“Uhhh’hhhh, Noble?” Celestia whispered, staring at him half-awake.

“Cellie?” he whispered back.

“Comfy…?” she said softly, her eyes out-of-focus.

“Uhh, mhm.” He nodded.

“Good,” she FLUMPED back down with her alicorn weight, shifting the world around him. He chuckled softly. Perhaps in the morning she would remember herself? Well, he wasn’t about to move and unsettle her. Her forelegs slowly hooked around him on instinct, pulling him to her breast. She hid her head under a wing to blot out the firelight. He stuck his nose under there to have a look. She slept peacefully, heavily. Something about his presence was leaving her blissfully unaware.

Screwing up his courage, Noble Cause squirmed a bit higher up her body, until her great head was tucked under his chin. Careful of her massive horn, he cupped the back of her head until her instincts took over and she snuggled into him more firmly. He saw no blankets nearby, but the fire was warm enough. Cradling her majesty in his arms, he rocked her slowly until she purred in her sleep. When she’d descended into deep slumber, he stopped. Rested. Learned her scent. The Pegasus stroked her with his wing, over and over. It was hard for sleep to find him again, but it did eventually.


The Next Morning at Breakfast…


Luna was staring at Celestia, who was very carefully buried in her morning newspaper and busy with her toast. Luna frowned thoughtfully, tapping a hoof several times on the table. Celestia had barely spoken that morning, and wasn’t meeting her gaze during conversation. Was that a stain of flushed pink on her cheeks? Something had happened. Something she was hiding. Something she didn’t want her own sister to know... Trim Tidy came in at precisely the wrong moment, pushing the breakfast cart with the main course on it. Luna SLAMMED her hooves on the table, standing and pointing at her sister in outrage and glee. “You got LAID, didn’t you?!” the night Princess demanded.

Celestia sprayed toast crumbs across her paper. “Luna!”

Trim Tidy’s fainting goat of a brain locked up. The poor mare backed out of the room slowly, “I. Didn’t. Hear. Anything,” she said robotically, mouth more than a little dry at the mere IDEA of… of…!


End of Part 13