• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 1,468 Views, 80 Comments

Once Upon a Youth and Beauty - jenna131



The relationship between Fluttershy and Discord has brought them closer, but when a mysterious letter arrives, will it tear their friendship apart?

  • ...
1
 80
 1,468

chapter 1 family forever

“Chime who?” The alicorn named Twilight thought for a moment, thinking about what this could mean.

"Yes, that's right,” Discord answered. “A colt named Chime Tuner is coming here to Fluttershy's cottage and, come to think of it, he was pretty rude about it, too."

Twilight thought carefully. She knew Fluttershy didn't have any other friends besides the 5 of them, but one thing troubled her: Discord had never helped any pony before. Come to think of it, she had never seen him be nice to any one at all. All he'd ever do is tease ponies or pull pranks.... Wait….. Pull pranks. "Oh!” Twilight smirked. “I get it! You’re joking! Good one, Discord!"

"No, I’m not. I’m serious."

"Oh, sure you are."

"I am."

"Discord, I'm sure Fluttershy is fine. I mean, why would she be locked in her room because of a letter? Now, please, I’m trying to find something for Zecora, if you don't mind.” Twilight said as she skimmed through her books.

“Well, I do mind! But if you don't believe me, then I guess you don't need to look at the evidence!”

"What evidence?" she asked.

"Oh, I don't know," Discord sighed, putting his claw behind Twilight's ear. "The letter that I mentioned?! Oh look! It's right behind your ear!"

Discord pulled out a blue letter with an opened seal with the scent of a grandmotherly like smell.

Before Discord could hand the letter to Twilight, Rainbow Dash crashed into Twilight's tree.

“Ow!” Rainbow cried. “My head!”

She tried to pick herself up, but failed miserably.

“Rainbow!” Twilight cried, helping Rainbow get up. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

“What were you trying to do?” Twilight questioned.

“Well, I was trying to do a new trick, but it didn't work out as planned.”

“I’m just glad you’re OK.”

Suddenly, the door slammed open with Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack, and Rarity in front of the entrance.

"Sugar cube, are you all right?" Apple Jack asked.

"Oh, my darling!” Rarity exclaimed. “You gave us quite the scare!"

"Rainbow Dash!!” Pinkie screamed at the top of her lungs. “Are you ok?!"

"Pinkie, she just fell and cashed in my castle,” Twilight explained. “She didn't break her ear drums."

"Well, it could happen to any pony, don't you know,” Pinkie reminded. “Especially if they fell."

"Would not!!" Twilight shouted.

"Would too!!" Pinkie cried out.

As the two pony argued, the other three noticed Discord just standing there, trying to hold back a laugh or two.

"Oh great, Discord’s here,” Rainbow muttered, crossing her arms. “Just great.”

"Well, excuse me, but I didn't know I needed an invitation to live here!" Discord exclaimed with a snooty accent.

"At lest we didn't need to be reformed," Rarity said joining in on the argument. Suddenly Pinkie's whole body shook with rapid motions

"Oh my gosh!! Fluttershy's in trouble!!" exclaimed Pinkie. Twilight gasped

"We better get going then... Discord! teleport us now!" Twilight commanded.

"Wait a second! I tried to tell you that Fluttershy is in trouble, but you wouldn't listen! But when Pinkie does her "pinkie sense," you listen!" Discord complained.

"Discord now!"

"Why should I?! I tried to tell you this, but no, you wouldn't listen!"

"Discord!"

"All right, all right, fine."

And with that they were gone.

~*~

A few moments later, Discord and the 5 ponies showed up at Fluttershy's cottage.

"Aw, my ears hurt" Rainbow groaned.

"Well that is one of the side effects of teleportation." the Draconequus spoke

"Huh? Oh never mind," Twilight said

“What in the hay happened to Fluttershy's cottage?" Apple Jack said as she looked in front of her to see a house with boards on the windows and door.

They all carefully approached the house with great caution. Apple Jack was about to knock, when the door suddenly opened with Angel Bunny standing behind the frame.

"Angel you scared me!” Apple Jack exclaimed. “Where's Fluttershy?"

Angel then tapped one of his hind paws at her hoof and pointed at the upstairs door.

"Thanks Angel. Remind me to feed you a carrot when we’re done."

Once they went up the stairs, Twilight knocked on the bedroom door.

"Fluttershy you OK in there?" Twilight said curiously.

"Chime Tuner, please, leave me alone." Flutter whimpered.

"Chime Tuner? Who's Chime Tuner?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"P-P-Pinkie is that y-y-you?"

"Sure is," Pinkie said, assuring Fluttershy.

There was a silence at first, but with a click of the lock, the door opened.

"Sugar cube, are you OK?" Apple Jack asked.

"No, I mean yes, I mean, I don't know!" she said as she began to cry.

"It’s about that Chime Tuner, isn't it?" Twilight asked.

"Huh?" the other ponies said a bit confused.

"How did you know?" Fluttershy gasped.

"It’s a long story, but never mind that. Twilight questioned with concern written on her face. “All we want to know is, who is he?”

"Yeah! And if he was upsetting you, then we’ll give him what for!" Rainbow said while doing some kicks and punches.

"Rainbow, I think it's someone she cares about," Apple Jack said.

"Oooooohhh! I think some one's got a special somepony!" Pinkie shouted.

'I doubt that,' Discord thought to himself.

"What?! No, it's nothing like that Pinkie, but..." Fluttershy paused, looking down sad as if she regretted something.

"I can only tell you if you don’t get mad and you won’t tell no pony," Fluttershy answered.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye," the five ponies said in unison, but then looked at Discord.

"Oh fine, cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. There, you happy?" He said with an annoyed tone.

After that was finished, Fluttershy began to talk.

“Remember when Twilight said that she had a big brother? Well, I was so sad at the time, but I just was so scared that you would get angry at me for not telling you guys."

"Tell us what darling?" Rarity intruded.

"Well... Chime Tuner’s my twin brother!"

"Whoa whoa whoa, hold it, you have a brother, too?!" Rainbow cried out.

"Well, actually, he's my twin, but he is 5 minutes older than me," Fluttershy responded.

"How did I not know this?" Rainbow said.

“I kept it a secret form you," Fluttershy said as well.

"But darling! Why would you not tell us you had a brother?" Rarity questioned.

"It's a long story, but if you don't want to hear it, that’s fine."

"Of course we want to hear it Fluttershy," Twilight said, reassuring Fluttershy.

"Okay, if you really want to know... A long time ago, when Chime and I were little,” Fluttershy began.

“Oooohhhh, flash back!” Pinkie said, shoving popcorn down her throat.

“Tuner and I were the best of friends. We would do everything together. My mother said that even when we were babies we would always sleep together, eat together, and play together. But then, when our 10th birthday came, he was acting strange. He wouldn't play with me or sit next to me during lunch. But then it happened…” Fluttershy stared at the floorboards, about to cry.

"What happened, Fluttershy?" Twilight asked.

"What happened was that he started to tease and bully me, and the thing is, I don't know why he was bullying me. So I moved to Ponyville."

"Have you ever asked him?" Rainbow Dash asked.

“I've tried, but every time when I try to explain the situation to him, he yells at me," She said as she put her head down. "And I don't know what I did wrong."

Once she had said those words, a melody came across the air. They looked outside to see birds singing the melody.

"Don't tell me, let me guess, you prepared a song, too," Rainbow said, rolling her eyes.

"Yep," Fluttershy replied.

She began to sing these words:

When chime tuner loved me,
Everything was beautiful.
Every hour we spent together
Lives within my heart
And when I was sad
He was there to dry my tears
And when I was happy, so was he
When he loved me
Through the summer and the fall
We had each other, that was all
Just he and I together
Like it was meant to be
And when I was lonely
He was there to comfort me
And I knew that he loved me
So the years went by
I stayed the same
But he began to drift away
I was left alone
Still, I waited for the day
When he'd say
"I will always love you"
Lonely and forgotten
Never thought he'd look my way
But then he said I hate you just go away today
Now I treasure those times.
When he loved me
When chime tuner loved me
Everything was beautiful
Every hour, we spent together
Lives within my heart
When he loved me

After the song, a blow from a tissue came from Discord and the Pinkie Pie.

"That... that was beautiful, Fluttershy. Simply beautiful," Discord sniffed, trying to hold back the tears.

"Oh my gosh! That song was like you perfected the art of scooping ice cream perfectly and didn’t make a mistake putting the toppings on!" Pinkie exclaimed. Then, grabbing a karate outfit and putting it on, saying, "Watashi wa anata no masutā o sonchō Fluttershy desu."

"Oookkkaaaayyyy,” Twilight said, a little concerned. "But I have to ask, why is he coming here when he just hates you?"

"HE'S WHAT?!" Fluttershy screamed, starting to power clean her living room.

"Sugar, what are you doing now?" Apple Jack questioned.

"I'm trying to get everything ready so when my brother comes, he will think I'm sophisticated... Discord, you wouldn't mind him sitting in your favorite spot on the couch, now would you?" Fluttershy asked, smiling her biggest smile.

"But if he dislikes you so much," Twilight butted in, "then why do you even bother with him?"

"Yeah! I mean, come on Fluttershy! You gotta stand up for yourself!" Rainbow said.

"Thank you all for trying to protect me," Fluttershy continued, “but this is a family matter and, well, I want my brother to love me again. So this time, I'm going to try my best to fix it."
Fluttershy walked outside and flew up in the sky, puffing out her chest.

"Rarity!" Fluttershy called, looking down at her.

"Yes?" Rarity asked.

"Pack up your makeup! We’re going to the spa!"

Author's Note:

SURPRISE!!! yeah in my dream fluttershy has a twin brother enjoy.