• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 1,243 Views, 45 Comments

Tales of the Slaves to Armok: God of Blood and (not at all) Friendship - Timemaster



Armok, God of Creation, Debauchery, and Depravity, was bored of his two-dimensional world of chaos, destruction, murder, debauchery, undead, incest, drunkenness, ghost hauntings, demons, false deities, and heroes who died in a second...

  • ...
10
 45
 1,243

Othob Udos, Child I

Othob Udos, Child

Othob Udos was lying in freshly fertilized farmland, tired of harvesting these succulent Plump Helmets that seemed to grow non-stop in their underground sanctuary. Udos has never seen the light of day like his grandfather, the Expedition Leader, making his skin quite pale. Bored, Othob pulled out his "Personal Sketch Pad" where he wrote out who he was currently and what he has done throughout his life.

Othob Udos, "Master Grower"

A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.The dwarven folk are an innovative one. They build mighty cave fortresses that harness the energy of the world, although they sometimes dig too deep. Having an incredulous amount of strength and stamina for their size, they are deadly with their weapons, which were freshly forged by their own hands. Be sure to stay on their side, otherwise your people will be cut into bits and you're fortress demolished.He is a worshiper of Armok. He is a child of the fort, MurderedCheeseHe is Cave Adapted.He Hates Caves.
His left eye is gone. He is lacking a small amount of blood.
His hair is extremely long. He is tall, but thin. His nose bridge is convex. His deep blue eyes are round. His slightly flattened ears are medium-sized. His lips are thin. His quite bushy eyebrows are low. His nose is dipped a little. His hair is a jet-black color. His skin is a pale white color. He has Freckles on his nose.

Udos then drew a magnificent etch of himself, albeit taller and with an awesome beard like his dad, on his sketch pad with a piece of coal, while also eating a Plump Helmet. In the picture, Udos is a tall, burly, man with flowing hair and a flowing, braided, beard with a wonderful, Legendary Adamantite dagger called "Dex" by his right hand side, held in the loop of his dark grey pants. Udos is also wearing a green, ripped, shirt, just like the one he wears now, that is covered by a leather cloak that is dyed purple. In the picture, Udos wears a pair of wooden clogs, which have engravings of dwarves fighting, and a pair of plain, black, socks that are barely seen due to the long pants. The grey pants, too, have etches, but the etches are just of a piece of cheese that Udos once admired. The cloak has the engraving of his fort's insignia, a horse that is being beaten to death by a piece of cheese, which symbolizes glory for his people, for bandits always ride in on those darn things. And, as a finale, Udos drew himself looking at that what he has always wished to see with his... eye—the mysterious sun that his grandfather tells stories about.

Udos' grandfather always told the children that, 'once they were adults, they would be allowed to exit the fort and see the sun, but because of the rise of goblins, the dwarves must hide inside while they are at their weakest, like during their childhood.'

Udos, in an act of rebellion, attempted to break out of the cave once when he was younger, but, sadly, he ran into a spike trap, which tore up his face and gouged out his left eye. Happily, though, the diagnoser was able to see the missing eye and administered one doctor and one surgeon to him. If that diagnoser was not there, no one would ever know that Udos' eye was ripped out and that blood was spilling everywhere.

After that event, Udos did not want to go outside for many years, but after some time, he has found this urge to go outside once more.


Udos got up from the ground, a little dirty, so he put the Plump Helmets into the stockpile and then went to the swimming pool. After nearly drowning for a few days, Udos felt clean and refreshed. Udos played with his pet War Dog♀ on his way to his room. The dog was his dad's old adventuring companion, but now that she has gotten old and weak, she stays inside to relax and play. The War Dog♀ is always happy around Udos, and the reverse is also true, for it was the War Dog♀ that the boy grew up along.

Anyway, when the boy finally made it to his room, he found his dad, on top of the covers, and his mom, under the covers, sleeping as usual. Going to his bed, which his slightly mad grandfather placed in the closet, Udos and the War Dog♀ went to sleep together. He cuddled up next to her and dreamt of the future....



[SLAM]

Udos got up suddenly, his heart pounding. The door was open and, standing in it, was the War Dog♀, which was growling. Udos was walking to the War Dog♀, only for it to close the door with a locking sound. Udos looked through a crack in the door, seeing nothing but the War Dog♀. He was about to attempt to unlock and open the door, but then a gleaming metal shone in his eye for just a moment before descending...

Udos was horrified and went into the corner of his closet-room, trying not to make a sound. The monsters rammed the door over and over, but were unable to open the solid, adamantite, door. Udos covered himself with his covers, tears rolling down his face, as he heard little pieces of metal moving inside the door...

The door opened in a smooth motion...

A human with steel armor and a steel greataxe entered the room, smiling at Udos' small, quivering body...

The Human charged the child, but the child swiftly dodged in a panic and winded up behind the human. The human struck again, but missed. Udos ran into his family's room, where they all lay dead. Stressed and horrified beyond the breaking point, Udos searched, in a panic, for something to protect himself with. Pulling out a small, wooden, buckler and his father's dagger, Udos then turned around, face to face with the human. The human sliced off Udos' right ear. Udos stabbed the human in the leg.The human fell over. The Human attempted to slice Udos, but Udos dodged the attack, winding up behind the human again. Udos stabbed the human in the neck with the dagger, slicing a major artery. The Human sliced Udos' chest in return, opening a major artery. Udos fell unconscious. The Human fell unconscious. Neither of them ever regained consciousness.





"Until now!" Armok said, watching as Udos was appearing in the world... with a little dog by his side.

Author's Note:

Forgot to put this note!
This is the new character Armok has chosen, ain't he nice? Hope you like him, for he is going to live just as long as any other dwarf in dwarf fortress...