• Published 5th Jul 2014
  • 1,020 Views, 18 Comments

Pony Daycare - FIckle



On a special spa day with the gang and the royal sisters, one of Twilight's new aging spells goes awry...

  • ...
3
 18
 1,020

Chapter 2 - Back to the Library

There was a sort of tension permeating the spa suite. Twilight's friends, the two princesses, and even the spa staff were gathered around. Twilight had promised to show off her new spell for Celestia. Celestia, on the other hoof, was wondering if this was a good idea at all. From what Twilight had said earlier, Celestia couldn't help but wonder if something catastrophic would go wrong. The ponies around her had mixed feelings throughout them. Some looked excited to see some advanced magic, others watched with mild interest, and still some others looked on with rapt curiousity.

"Isnt this exciting, sister?" piped up Luna. She was sitting next to Celestial her eyes on Twilight, "Your students have always found some way to impress us. Especially Twilight Sparkle."

"Yes, I must agree," said Celestia withholding some of her worry with a grin, "There is no doubt that Twilight is very talented. I wonder if what she will show us is saf- er.... I mean, amazing."

With a slight clear of the throat from Twilight, Celestia's attention was brought back to the performance.

"Hello, everypony!" started Twilight, "Today, for the princesses, I will be performing a magical spell that I have been researching for a good while, now."

Everypony looked at each other and murmured their enthusiasm.

"The spell I will be demonstrating," Twilight paused for dramatic effect, "is the Aging spell!"

Everypony ooh-ed. This would be quite the show. As everpony clopped their hooves in excitment, Twilight levitated a blooming rose from the floral center piece and brought it in front of her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She could do this. She could feel it. She knew that she would succeed. Her horn started to glow its usual purple aura. The ponies around her drew a collective breath in anticipation. Sparks started shooting from Twilight's horn as the magic spell grew more powerful. The rose in front of her started to glow itself. Even for such a simple object as a flower, this required the utmost concentration from Twilight. As she took a final breath, sweat starting to bead on her forehead, Twilight release the spell. It shot out of her horn with the force of a starting pistol and hit the rose dead on. The group of ponies gasped. As purple smoke cleared, a tiny seed was left on the tiled floor.

The ponies cheered. Celestia sighed in relief as she clopped her hooves with the excited crowd. She had done it. Twilight had demonstrated the aging spell perfectly on the simple flower. Celestia, although immensely relieved nothing terrible happened, felt pride in the work Twilight had done. As her gaze traveled from the cheering ponies to Twilight, she noticed something odd. Twilight did not wear a smile of relief or pride. Rather, the look on her face was calculating and contemplative.

"Well done, Twilight!" called out Celestia, "But, is there something wrong, my dear?"

"That was far too simple," murmured Twilight, more to herself than to Celestia.

"Of course not," sighed Celestia with a motherly smile, "What you did was exemplary. That was a difficult level of magic you performed. The aging spell worked perfectly!"

Twilight beamed as she looked at her proud teacher.

"Nope!" she replied with a smile, "I can do better! Now that I performed on the rose, I'm sure I can do something more challenging."

Celestia blinked. Twilight scanned the room. And before Celestia could say anything else, Twilight galloped across the room and grabbed a fat pineapple off of one of the catering carts. She ran back to the center of the suite and called for everyponys' attention.

"And now," said Twilight as she held the pineapple over her head in both hooves, "The second part of my performance!"

Once again, the other ponies ooh-ed and aah-ed as Twilight placed the pineapple on a shiny silver platter. She trotted over to Fluttershy who was closest to her.

"Here," said Twilight, "Hold this." And she shoved the pineapple and platter into Fluttershy's hooves.

"Wait, what?!" whimpered Fluttershy.

"Don't worry!" reassured Twilight, "I've got this all under control!"

As Twilight made her way back into position, Fluttershy was visibly trembling. Not only did she not was to be hit with the spell herself, but she also did not like being the center of attention.

"Behold!" cried Twilight, "The aging spell! Are you ready, Fluttershy?"

"N-no...." squeaked Fluttershy, failing to hide herself completely behind the pineapple.

Celestia felt like she should have intervened. However, Twilight had performed very well on her first try. Also, Celestia herself was curious to know how far Twilight could take her magical prowess.

Once again, Twilight's horn began to glow purple. Once again, the sparks started shooting from her horn. Fluttershy's heart was beating hard somewhere in her throat as she anticipated the magical blast. The pineapple was significantly larger and voluminous than the rose so Twilight knew she had to concentrate with all of her might. Sweat was dripping from Twilight's face and her mane became frizzy.

"What a waste of a spa day..." whispered Rarity to Applejack.

Twilight concentrated all of her magic onto the pineapple. She took one last breath and released. The spell shot out of her horn with the force of a small cannon, knocking Twilight into a pile of towels behind her. Fluttershy saw, as if in slow motion, the spell hurtling towards her. In a fit of fright and panic, she dropped the pineapple and raised the silver platter up to her face. The spell struck the platter and bounced off at an angle. It shot off and bounced off of a make up mirror, then off of a pair of glasses of a spa staff member, then off of a polished tile on the floor, and then off again from the shiny brass door handle at the entrance.

As the spell continued to ricochet around the room, the ponies were scattered in a mad panic. Ponies ducked into closets, cabinets, bath tubs, and in piles of robes. Celestia and Luna sat frozen next to each other watching the spell zip across the room in every which direction. The spell shot from another tile on the floor and hit the chandelier on the ceiling. It bounced off once again downwards at lightning speed, straight towards Celestia and Luna. Celestia froze in shock as Luna leaped into her sister's hooves in panic. A short scream of fright, a burst of purple smoke, and the spell had hit home.

As the smoke cleared, ponies started peeking out of their hiding spots (Fluttershy had fainted and was sprawled on the floor). Twilight arose from her pile of towels. She was dazed from the ejection of the spell. Rubbing her temples, she groaned.

"Is everypony alrright?" she asked.

There was a collective agreement as everpony replied. Everypony but the princesses. Twilight gasped as she realized where the spell had hit. She leaped out of the towels and galloped towards its unintended target.

"Oh no no no no no no no no no no!"

As the purple haze further cleared, the damage done by the aging spell was revealed. There was a synchronized gasp and yell as two little fillies emerged from the smoke. One was pure white and the other was dark indigo. Each was surrounded by chestplates, horseshoes, and crowns, each far too large for any of the baby ponies.

"Oh no..." groaned Twilight.

A toddler Celestia and a toddler Luna blinked confusedly at each other. Each wore a look of shock. They both looked up towards Twilight who towered over them. Celestia babbled in her filly voice there was dribble visible on Luna's chin.

"Princess Celestia?.." whispered Twilight, "P-princess Luna?"

The fillies looked up again at Twilight. Immediately, their eyes started to well up with tears.

"Oh no..." whispered Twilight, "Oh please no no no no no no no no!..."

Luna and Celestia burst into tears. The two fillies wailed as Twilight watched in shock. Whether it was because they wanted to be held or that they realized what had happened, Twilight didn't know. The two fillies screamed and kicked their hooves. Twilight's friends came again out of their hiding places and up to the crying babies.

"Twilight!" said Applejack, "What in tarnation did you do?!"

"I didn't mean to!"

Luna and Celestia continued to cry as Rainbow Dash galloped towards Twilight with Fluttershy passed out on her back. She looked down at the two fillies.

"Oooh boy..." she said.

"What are we going to do?!" wailed Rarity.

"Too many babies!!" yelled Pinkie Pie.

The six friends looked up at the surround in crowd. The crowd stared back. Then suddenly, they started cheering. They had not registered that this wasn't part of Twilight's presentation. As the ponies cheered and cheered, Twilight's mind was racing. He hiked up an awkward smile and called to the crowd.

"Thank you, thank you!" she said very quickly, "Now that we're all refreshed and done with magic, we'llbeleavingfromhere! Thanksforeverything,everyponybye!!"

For a third time, Twilight's horn glowed purple. The six friends and the two wailing fillies teleported from the spa suite.

*************

Back in Ponyville, the peace was broken by the cries of two baby ponies. Spike was making his way downstairs with a stack of books Twilight had asked for. His ears were crammed with parchment paper in a vain attempt to block out the noise. Twilight was downstairs. She was pacing the main floor of the library where a groove was etched into the floor from Twilight's constant steps. The other five friends were doing their utmost to try and calm the fillies. This time, Pinkie Pie collapsed onto the floor still in her one pony orchestra costume.

"Your turn..." she mumbled to Rainbow Dash.

The rest of the ponies, except for Fluttershy who was out on an errand, were sprawled across the library floor. Each had tried their best to quiet the filly princesses to no success. Rainbow Dash made her way to the fillies as Pinkie Pie crawled away in exhaustion. Having absolutely no experience in handling children, Rainbow Dash attempted to pick up the filly princesses and held them. She picked them up and held them at arms lengths away from her.

"Just so you guys know," called Rainbow Dash, "I have no idea what I'm doing...."

"Think think think!" cried Twilight, "How am I going to fix this?!"

She levitated each of the books Spike had brought her and skimmed through them.

"If they make a spell," started Twilight, "WHY don't they include a clear reversal spell?!"

Twilight dropped the books in frustration with a loud "UGH!"

"Can somepony PLEASE do something about their crying?"

As the others were about to contest, Fluttershy came through the door holding two large paper bags.

"Puh-lease tell me that you've got something for these fillies..." groaned Rainbow Dash. She was holding them under her forehooves at each side around their waists. This, funnily enough, did nothing to stop the crying.

"I do!" replied Fluttershy.

She zipped into the kitchen and soon after came out with two baby bottles filled with milk. She handed them to Rainbow Dash in exchange for the two wailing fillies. She placed them on to the sofa in the main floor of the library, took the bottles from Rainbow Dash, and stuck them into the fillies' muzzles. She then took out two clean diapers out of one of the paper bags and fixed them onto each of the suckling fillies. Immediately, the two royal babies ceased their crying. They blinked a few times, suckling on the bottles. The six friends watched in anticipation. Finally, the fillies sighed, closed their eyes, and continued to drink the milk. Everypony collapsed in exhaustion. For what ever short time they had, Celestia and Luna had finally stopped crying.

"Okay," whispered Twilight, "We need to find a way to fix this, now. But my book on aging doesn't have the reversal spell I need. I'm going to have to do some research and I can't do it if I have to take care of two baby princesses at the same time!"

"Yeah," said Spike, "Plus I really don't want to lose any sleep over this..."

Twilight glared at him with a slight snort. Spike let out a nervous "Heh heh.. just kidding.."

"Don't worry, sugarcube!" whispered Applejack, "We can look after them while you work."

Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy looked away and mumbled to themselves.

"Right, guys?" Applejack said shooting each of them a look. They all laughed nervously and agreed. "Tell you what, I'll take them first. If anything, I know how to handle a few fillies!"

"Thanks guys..." sighed Twilight, "Alright Spike, let's get to work!"

Spike saluted and the rest of the gang cheered in enthusiasm. Twilight shook her head quickly and shushed them. The fillies were finally quiet, and the last thing she wanted was for them to start crying again. Applejack loaded Celestia and Luna into a filly carrier on her back. she made her way out the door followed by the others. As the door shut, Twilight sighed. At the moment, she was extremely thankful for having friends who were so willing to help her out (And for the silence). She stood there for a minute, enjoying the sound of nothingness. But off in the distance, Twilight could hear the feint cries of Luna and Celestia. Evidently, they had already finished their bottles. Twilight, not wanting to keep her friends busy with two needy fillies, immediately began her research anew.