• Published 2nd Jul 2014
  • 5,631 Views, 94 Comments

Godzilla in Equestria - Algernon97



The king of the monsters goes on a rampage across Equestria.

  • ...
7
 94
 5,631

After...

FORMER LOCATION OF EQUESTRIAN MILITARY ENCAMPMENT, 10 MILES SOUTHWEST OF NEIGHAGRA FALLS
ONE MONTH AFTER THE DEATH OF GODZILLA
1300 HOURS

General West Point stood behind a podium on a small stage in a field where the creature labeled 'Godzilla' had fallen. It had taken teams of engineers weeks to haul the carcass off, the massive creature still causing problems after its death. West looked down from the podium, at the crowd gathered in front of the stage. She saw many familiar faces out in it, and some she didn't know, carrying notepads and cameras. From the moment she had started to walk onto the stage, the cameras had flashed, clicked, and whirred nonstop. She swallowed a small lump in her throat, looking down at the little cards stacked on the podium.

West looked out into the crowd again, this time focusing on the first row. She saw the ponies who she would be be giving medals to, the megaspell designer, and Pat. The brown earth pony smiled encouragingly, nodding for her to go on. West flipped through the small stack of cards in front of her again, before looking out to the crowd. She pushed the cards to the side, and then she made up the best damn speech she ever gave.

***

Red Sky walked for two miles before he reached the military's fall-back position. After putting sergeant Lucky Strike in a field hospital, he gave a brief report to generals West Point and Patter. After attending the memorial service for the ponies KIA in the operations carried out against Godzilla, he was tried for the destruction of the plans for the oxygen destroyer. He was acquitted of the charges after a two-month long trial. He currently lives in Neighpon, where he designs marine craft, and writes books about oceanography.

Sergeant Lucky Strike woke up two days after Red dropped him off at the field hospital. The painful sensation in his back turned out to be a relatively harmless mutation, which gave him small replicas of the spines on Godzilla's back. He received two medals for his actions in Operation Anguirus during the memorial ceremonies, shortly before being honorably discharged from the Royal Air Corps. Lucky would later testify in Red Sky's trial, where he thanked the earth pony for saving his life. Lucky currently lives in Dodge Junction.

Generals West Point and Patter voluntarily retired shortly after the memorial ceremonies. They married a year later, and now live in Hollow Shades.

The remains of Godzilla are currently being studied by ponies from the Equestrian Historical Society, who are trying to find out as much as they can about the creature. There are plans to exhibit the bones of the creature in the Canterlot Museum of Natural History when the study is complete.

The Great Oceanic Trench, along with many of the deep scars on the ocean floor, has remained unexplored since the emergence of Godzilla. It is unknown at this time if any further attempts to explore the depths will be made in the future...

Author's Note:

And that's it folks! Thanks for reading the first story I've written here all the way to the end!

Comments ( 21 )

The award for commenting on every chapter, up to the epilogue, goes to... Awesomo3000! Congratulations, good sir!

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go write something happy and upbeat...


... Right after I read The Scarlet Letter..:pinkiesick:

He's dead? Oh well, another one will emerge from the depths.

Congratulations on finishing your story! As a big Godzilla fan, I was sort of hoping more from the big guy. As it was, you used him as a focus for your main characters. Personally, I found it a little lacking on the exposition of the creature, with little or no background on him.

Other than that, well done!:mustache:

4727842 Well, the oxygen destroyer did kill Godzilla in the original 1954 film...
Also: Dang, that was fast.

4727860 Thank you very much!

Hopefully they don't repeat the mistake the Japanese made and use his bones as the base for a giant robot.
Aww who am I kidding I would totally love to see an Equestrian version of Mecha Godzilla.
But that is a story for another time and place. Congrats on finishing this one and may all future stories be epic.

DeltaOsprey, AWAY!! *makes flying noises with mouth*

4727793 You're very much welcome. :pinkiehappy: What can I say? I love Godzilla and MLP and the two of them seem to go together very well.

4728310 And don't forget about the pineapple!

4728056 that would be a good idea.

Another Godzilla will rise.......It did in the movies.

4852888 Maybe, maybe not... :trollestia:

4852935 *shakes head* Trust me, Godzilla will rise again.

4852961 Ah, but would he be the only monster in the inevitable sequel?

Expect a certain giant insect for that... when I get around to writing it...

Soooo... I've been wondering...Why 'Algernon'? Like the short story? Why?

5664301 Flowers for Algernon is one of my favorite novels. I read the full, unabridged book back in seventh grade after reading excerpts from it in my literature class, and it's stuck with me ever since.

I'm not entirely sure why I use the name, to be honest. "Algernon97" has been my go to account name for just about everything since I first read the novel all those years ago. It's an old habit of mine.

5674658 I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!! YESSSSS!!!

Also, I cried at the ending, I mean...he's such a good guy, and he lost his chance at a new, if unhappy, life.

:fluttercry:

I'm giving this 5 radioactive beams out of 5 radioactive beams.

Why? Because this takes a loooooong break from the Mane 6.

You have done well.:twilightsmile:

Is this the original 1954 Gojira? Because I got confused by the story's profile pic which has the Legendary Picture's 2014 version.

6104187
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

I tried to stick to the original 1954 Gojira for inspiration (Actually a plot summary and the score composed by Akira Ifukube, since I wasn't able to actually see the original film until a month after I finished writing this). The picture was just something I threw on for the sake of having a picture. It was the least specific looking, color one that I could find, I thought it looked cool, and simply stuck it on.

Oh if they only knew, if they only knew...

6866168 The 1954 Godzilla.

Destroyah

Login or register to comment