• Published 16th Sep 2014
  • 1,021 Views, 49 Comments

Super Dangan RonPonya: Set Sail for Despair Isles - Serenade-Stereo



Techno Blast and 15 others are forced to play a sadistic game that they've all heard of before from an incident a few years back. A game of life or death.

  • ...
5
 49
 1,021

Chapter 3 Bonus: Killer and Victim Free-Time Events

Clip Brunette (1)

"Hmhmhm..." Clip smirked. "I knew eventually you'd come to spend time with me, y'know? We were meant to-"

"There was nobody else to talk to and I needed to pass the time..." Techno interrupted Clip's fantasy.

"Hmph. Bit rude, y'know. You should only be coming to me if you actually want to talk about something with me, otherwise it's just being mean!"

He's acting like a five-year old... Techno sighed. Well I suppose I should ask him something... Techno thought for a second before asking. "Why a hairdresser?"

"Hmm? Oh, you mean like, why did I start?" Clip raised an eyebrow with interest in the question.

"I guess?" Techno shrugged. It was the first question that came into his head.

"Well...I suppose if you must know. My older brother had a small, er...incident one day at school, wasn't that bad just a science experiment gone wrong which, uh, burned his hair...it was a complete mess."

A science experiment? I'd rather hear about that...

"Then when he was asleep I was feeling sorry for him, so I grabbed a hair of styling scissors from my mom's room and I managed to recreate a shorter version of the style he had last time. It was in the morning that I realised I got my cutie mark as a result of it..."

"Wow, really...?" Techno responded with minimal effort or interest.

"Hey!" Clip snapped. "If you're actually gonna come talk to me again, at least listen properly!"

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Clip Brunette (2)

"So?" Clip started slightly irritated. "Are you actually going to listen to me this time?"

"Yeah, there was something I wanted to ask you."

"Oh?" Clip's eyebrow arched. "Alright then, let's hear it..."

"It's just that...do you actually have any friends on this island?" Clip raised an eyebrow. "I mean, you always seem to be by yourself whenever I see you."

"Oh...well, first of all, I know that Laser and Aqua seem quite fond of me but I will say that the closest people I have to friends on this island are Rip and Quick..."

"Really? But Rip's always doing something with Memory or helping someone out, and when she isn't, she's over at the beach with her surfboard."

"Wow, you really know a lot about Rip's schedule, don't you~?" Clip grinned. Techno blew his cheeks out and looked away.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Clip giggled at his response.

"Sure you don't." He winked. "Don't worry about it, the fact that you practically stalk her won't turn her away...probably.."

"Hey! I am not stalking her! I just...know a few things about her...she's a person of routine from what she's told me, alright?! Nothing more!"

"What ever you say, Techy. So, I guess back to your question...those two would defiantly be the closest to friends that I have...most of the others I don't get much of a chance to talk to."

"I get what you mean by that anyway..."

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Clip Brunette (3)

Geez...I came over here to make a conversation with Clip but...I don't really know what to talk to him about. There's not much to him, is there...?

"Say, Techno." Clip looked at him, dead in the eyes. "What...what do you think of me?"

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

"I mean...if someone asked you to use a few words to describe me...what would you use?"

"Well...I guess I'd say that you're a real kind of guy."

"R-real...?" Clip's eyes widened. "Could you explain what you mean?"

"Well you aren't afraid to act how you want even if people might find your attitude or personality annoying. There's no strings attached to you, you're just you." Clip's mouth hung for a moment of stunned silence.

"Y-you..." He rubbed his forearm and looked away. "You're the first person to not mention my sexuality when I ask that question..."

"Well there is that but it doesn't really matter much does it?"

"T-Techno...thank you." He smiled. "I really needed that."

"Clip? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Really."

He says that...but, he acts like something is bothering him...maybe there is more to Clip than I first thought.

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Clip Brunette (4)

"So what was that all about?" Techno started. "Last time we hung out?"

"I don't get what you mean, honey."

"I mean the fact that you were so uncharacteristically distraught. It's not like you, Clip...is something bothering you? Did somebody else say something?"

"Oh, uh...n-no. Nobody said anything, it's just..."

"Just what?" Techno asked with an anxious feeling.

"Um...it's just what you'd it expect it to be. There are people out there who...y-y'know. Find me uncomfortable to be around. Linking me with stereotypes and stuff like that."

"That's kinda dumb. Why should they care about how you live your life?"

"I know that, that's why...why I act the way I do..."

"The way you act?" Clip nodded. "I don't understand."

"It's nothing to major, don't think to much about it. Just know that I always have a way of getting back at homophobic assholes..."

"Well that's good. Better than living your life in the shadows."

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired

Clip Brunette (5)

"I'm guessing you want to know how I do it?"

"How you do what?"

"Remember what I said last time? About getting back at homophobic assholes? I always have a way."

"Actually now that you mention it, I was curious when you mentioned that last time...so what is it that you do?"

"I do what they expect me to."

"You...huh?"

"Don't you get it? The only way I could have gotten back at them is living to their expectations. It makes them hate me more...and that's what I want. If they say they hate me because I 'act gay' then it draws them out in society, doesn't it? The world has changed over the years, hating someone over sexuality is just wrong. People would never have minded them saying that cause they didn't realise that it didn't matter who someone loves. Now anyone that's like that becomes a social outcast...and rightfully so! They deserve everything they get!" Clip's lower lip began to tremble. "I...I do end having problems with myself though..."

"What? What problems?"

"I've forgotten how I really act...I've acted differently for so long, I'm scared to be myself in front of everyone in case I get judged in a completely different way than I'm used to..." Techno was silent for a second.

"That's stupid." Clip looked up. "You can act like yourself whenever you want. Nobody would think differently of you...I won't judge you no matter what."

"T-Techno...I..."

"Tell you what! How about you and I go to the beach tomorrow, just us?"

"Wait, are you serious?!" Clip flushed. "B-but, you always say you're-"

"It can be a fake date." Techno put his hands in his pockets. "Everyone deserves to be comfortable with who they are and that includes you, so for tomorrow only, I'll go on a 'date' with you."

"I, uh...I don't know what to really say to that...t-thank you is the least I can say to express how that makes me feel."

Even if I didn't really get along with Clip at the start, I can see that he really is a normal guy. I hope the time we spent here on the island will let us be friends for a long time...

*Ding!* Flower of Hope, Complete!

Item Got!

Clip's underwear:
Clip's favourite boxer-briefs, they're white and light blue stripes, apparently the colour scheme reminds Clip of someone close to him.

Aqua Black (1)

"So, let me ask you something right from the get-go." Aqua started with a grin. "How come you wear those glasses with tinted lenses?" Techno raised and eyebrow and adjusted said glasses. "I mean, I'm guessing you aren't blind or anything and it isn't some sort of statement since I can't for the life of me picture you making a fashion statement...so what is it?"

"I...I guess I just like these. They remind me of the ones my favourite music artist wears." Techno smiled.

"So you listen to DJ-Pon3? I thought you didn't like dubstep?"

"Er...I may or may not have just said that to spare Boom's feelings..." Aqua laughed slightly at that.

"Wow, never would have taken you for a deceptive one. I like that." She folded her arms.

"Now, let me ask you something."

"Shoot."

"How come you only seem rude around everyone but me?" Aqua paused before bursting into a fit of laughter. "What?!"

"Ahahahaha! Oh Celestia, that was great!" She took a breath. "The only reason I'm being nice to you is because you just seem to be the least irritating out of everyone."

"Oh..."

"I mean, have you met our group? Toxic and Bright get up everyone's noses, Pure is so freakin' whiney, Laser's a psycho, Memory and Rip are practically air-heads and don't even get me started on fucking Quick and Paint. Oh! Or that bitch, Bud!" Aqua took out a nail file. "Let me give you a piece of advice: Never be to trusting of those around you. You'll always get hurt in the end..."

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Aqua Black (2)

"Hey, Aqua. Let me ask you something this time?" Aqua folded her arms, awaiting the question. "Well you just don't seem all to trusting of anyone, why is that?"

"Hmph. It's just how I learned to live in the fashion industry." She began to file her nails. "It's tough, like the music industry, the fashion industry is all about originality and being able to make an impression on your target audience. If you mess that up, you're out."

"But that doesn't really explain why you aren't trusting of anyone here."

"In the environment I worked in, it was everyone for themselves, people were jealous of my capabilities as a designer so they always tried to steal my ideas or try to get me fired from the place I was hired at, so I had to make sure I let nobody close enough to do such things. Understand?"

"I suppose so, but you shouldn't worry about me!" Techno smiled. "No matter what, I'll be your most trustworthy friend, alright?"

"Tch!" Aqua's tongue clicked. "Then you can start as an assistant for me. Go fetch me a coffee, then we can continue talking, got it?"

Even if she is kind of demanding, there is something oddly intriguing about her...I want to know more...

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Aqua Black (3)

"Well, how about instead of talking about your personality and attitude this time...what was life like for you before you came here?"

"My life?" Aqua pressed one of index fingers on her lips in thought. "Well, I'd have to say that it was a rather tacky life to be living...you see, I lived on a farm that my family ran. It was mostly my older sister though...the biggest problem was that I was no good a manual labour despite my physical strength being higher because I'm an earth pony."

"So you turned to fashion designing?"

"Not right away...I did want to do something creative but I'm not very good a things like cooking or music. I suck at understanding things like math and science, I was alright at writing but I could never do something productive with it...and then one day I just sat down and sketched out a design for a dress. That was when I got my cutie mark."

"Oh, I see, seeing as how you present yourself now I don't suppose you enjoyed living on that farm."

"No, the farm was alright, I lived with a caring family...but..." Aqua bit her lip. This was the first time Techno had seem her hesitate on something. "But, you know that nothing is ever perfect, right?"

"What do you mean? You seem kind of saddened all of a sudden..."

"It's nothing, I'm fine...but I think I should get going. I have somewhere I need to be..."

"Oh, um...alright then. I guess I'll see you later then." Techno watched as Aqua turned and walked away. What was that? For the first time since I came to this island...is something really eating away at Aqua?

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Aqua Black (4)

"Techno...sorry about last time. I was just busy with something so I had to leave early...but today I'm completely fine so you ask me anything..."

"Well then. Why wasn't it perfect?"

"H-huh?"

"Last time you said that nothing is perfect. I don't disagree but I want to know why you said that about the farm you lived on."

"Oh, that. Well if you must know, when I was born, I had a very rare heart condition that could only be cured by transplant. Unfortunately, my blood type is extremely rare as well from within the area I lived. So for the transplant to work, the only person I could get the transplant from was...my older brother."

"And since you're standing here now..."

"Yeah. He went through with it, there wasn't a lot of time, the condition would only allow me to live around a week after birth and the operation wasn't cheap either...but it was what he wanted."

"...what was his name?"

"Polar Rink. From the pictures I saw, he had amazing platinum blond hair and he was always happy no matter what happened. He was a generous guy as well, he sacrificed his life to save mine...h-he...he was only ten when it happened..." Aqua seemed to be holding back tears by this point. "After the operation, my family were left in poverty because of how much it cost. I'm sure...I'm sure they blame me for that."

"Aqua..." Techno spoke softly.

"If I was never born then...m-my brother would still be alive..." Techno was taken aback by what came next. Her tears. Aqua had actually begun to cry...

"Aqua..." Techno walked forward an put her head to his shoulder. "You shouldn't blame yourself for something that was out of your control. Your brother must have seen what a great person you would become in life...so please, don't cry."

"I, I'm not crying you I-idiot!" Her whimpering voice said otherwise though.

"It's fine...I won't tell anyone. And let's make sure nobody sees you like this either, but cry all you want, I'll wait for you..." Techno closed his eyes. She acts so tough...yet, she's just as delicate as she looks. This must be her insecure side showing...I...I want to protect her, I'll protect Aqua if it's the last thing I do!

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Aqua Black (5)

She...she must still be embarrassed about last time. Her face is slightly red and she hasn't looked at me much let alone speak.

"S-sorry..." Aqua spoke softly. "About last time, I shouldn't have stressed out like that..." Techno shook his head in response.

"No, don't blame yourself for it. You can't control your emotions, Aqua. But why have you been holding them back? Why do you feel the need to be like that?"

"B-because I was always taught by my father, 'If you can't control your feelings then you can't control your life'."

"That's so stupid!" Techno stood up from the sunbed they had been sitting on. "Why the hell would anyone teach their kid that?!"

"Say what you want but my dad does know a few things...he was the top athlete and the top scientist when he was only nineteen. He would have defiantly been a Super High School Level if it was a thing then."

"Well...you shouldn't have to live by his rules, you should be living by your rules."

"Easy for you to say!" Aqua snapped with a snarl. "You haven't had parents like that when you were growing up!"

"...you are right about that." Techno paused. "What do you want right now?"

"Huh?"

"I want to help you live life your way, I'll do anything to help you."

"T-Techno, what the hell are you saying?! Did you hit your head when you woke up this morning?!" Techno laughed slightly at her comment.

"Nope. I just want to help you be happy." Aqua blushed in response. "I'll do whatever you need me to do to make that happen. So, Aqua, what'll it be?"

"Um...well, I, uh..." Aqua seemed to fumble with her words. "You could...be the model for my clothes line...?"

"Eh?" Techno tilted his head.

"I said...you could be the model-"

"Aqua. Seriously?"

"B-be the model for my next clothes line!" She face had gone completely red. Techno looked down at her for a while before letting a small smile form.

"Sure, if that's what you really want me to do." Aqua looked up, wide-eyed with shock. "I'll become your own personal model."

"T-Techno...thank you..." Aqua then gave the most sincere smile she had given in a long time. It was as if, Techno had revived her soul. "I'll make sure to work hard...So let me get closer to you..."

"I will too then." Techno smiled back as the two shook hands. All this time, we've all misunderstood Aqua's behaviour. Now I see just how wrong we were...Aqua is truly a good person on the inside. I hope that once we get off the island, we can build on what we've laid the foundation for. A perfect friendship...

*Ding!* Flower of Hope, Complete!

Item Got!

Aqua's Underwear:
A simple pair of black underwear. Aqua doesn't mind throwing these away since she can always just make new ones. Maybe it's just luck she gave away her favourite pair.

Bud Daly (1)

"This was so nice of you, Techno. I've been so focused on trying to get Aqua to like me that I haven't had much relaxation time."

"Heh, I could see that just from how much you were trying." Techno smiled.

"So, Techno, I never actually got to ask you about what you thought about our situation here." Bud clasped her hands in front of her. "I want to hear everyone's opinion on it."

"Well, obviously I think we're in the worst situation possible, with Monokuma trying to get everyone to kill each other, how long will it be until this turns into a full on battle royal with one person left standing?"

"Oh...so you see like that, do you?" Bud sighed and turned away.

"Why? How do you see all of this?"

"I see more as a way we can all grow closer. If none of us ever kill each other then we can just live peacefully on this island."

"You would really prefer to live here forever?!"

"It's better than turning on everyone and murdering each other, isn't it? Or are you okay with everybody else dying?"

"Of course not! I just want to get off the island, everybody does!" Bud sighed once again.

"Techno...I'm a realist. I have to look at what's most likely to happen in this island and unless we can all prevent the murders. We all die here. The other option of course is to just live in harmony with each other. No killing means no despair, right?"

Bud...how can you even think like that?

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Bud Daly (2)

"Hahhhhh...." Bud breathed happily. "The fresh island air is so nice."

"I don't really get the difference. Air is air."

"Hmm...you don't get out much, do you, Techno?"

"W-what makes you say that?" Techno frowned, knowing that she was right.

"Well anyone who spent a lot f time outside would be able to tell the difference in the air. Such as this place, the salt water can affect the air to give a lighter feel when you inhale rather than when you breath in a big city like, say, Baltimare."

"Er...well, I suppose you're the type of person to be going out with friends on a daily basis."

"Well...you would think so, wouldn't you?" Bud sighed. "Unfortunately, I'm always busy so I make the most of my time that get since I don't actually get much time to spend with my friends."

"What kind of things keep you busy?"

"Mostly normal things. Schoolwork, afterschool clubs, stuff like that."

"And the rest?"

"Um..." Bud hummed for a bit. "Just some stuff, yeah?"

What was that just now? Is Bud hiding something?

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Bud Daly (3)

"Uuuuu...Techno, can I ask you something?"

"Bud? What's wrong? Did something happen to you?"

"D-do you like me?"

"What? Why are you asking that of all things?"

"B-because, Aqua yelled at me today and said 'everyone's just pretending to like you!' B-but that can't be true, right?!"

"Bud, she was probably just angry or something. Aqua's always in a bad mood."

"Why doesn't she like me though? All I've tried to do since we got here is to be nice to her...I fell so..." Her eyes flared up for a moment. "UNDERAPPRECIATED!!"

"G-gwah?"

"A-ah! S-sorry about that. It was just a little frustration."

That was just a little bit of frustration? Techno folded his arms. "Maybe you've just been trying to hard in getting her to like you."

"D-do you think that's it?"

"It's most likely. I mean, you're the Super Middle School Level Social. Your talent is based around making friends."

"That doesn't mean everyone will like me, Techno..." Bud glanced away.

"Just give it time, Bud. There isn't anybody that could have the ability to dislike you..."

"T-thanks. Techno..."

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Bud Daly (4)

"Geez, this freakin' sucks!" Bud yelled out.

"What's up? You're in an unusually bad mood."

"I was at the supermarket earlier looking for this really amazing album that my dad always used to play when I was a kid. I forget the band name though..."

"Oh, I see. Wait...I think that's the first time you've ever mentioned your parents."

"I guess it is. Never really had a reason to talk about them."

"What were they like? Were they good parents?"

"Well, I never knew my mom. Y'see...my mom died when she was giving birth to me...so it's always just been me, my dad and my two sisters. I never really got along with my sisters so all I had was my dad."

"But it's kind of normal to not get along with your siblings, isn't it? I mean, I hardly ever get along with my brother."

"Well it wasn't like that. My whole sibling relationships are based on being the best at everything. I wasn't going to lose to them any time soon and unlike them I could make friend upon friend. They didn't have that kind of talent."

"At least you're all able to have a sisterhood like that. Most can't even have a rivalry."

"I...I guess that may be true. Doesn't matter though...I'll never be able to see my family again."

"Sure you will! I promise you, Bud, we're defiantly gonna leave-"

"Techno!" Bud surprisingly snapped. "How many times do I have to say it?! No matter what we attempt to do, we will never be able to leave this island!"

B-Bud...why...why are you thinking like this? What is going on inside of your head?

*Ding!* Hope Shard Acquired!

Bud Daly (5)

"Hey, Bud. I never really got to ask last time but, what was it about your dad that made him so important?"

"Ah...well, probably because...he's been the only person I've been able to rely on my whole life."

"The only one?"

"Yeah...you see, since I was always busy with things like schoolwork and such, the only one I saw on a regular basis was my father. He was always looking out for me and I think that...he might have been the only one I could have counted on. No matter what happened, my dad would always be there looking out for me."

"I get it now. Though, if he was the only one you could rely on why did you make so many friends?"

"W-well, I couldn't really help it. My talent is an always-occurring thing so I just make friends unintentionally. In all honesty, I wish it wasn't my talent..."

"Why would you say something like that?! Your talent is amazing!"

"Is it though? I don't even know how many people like me for me instead of my talent! That's frustrating, Techno! Who can I call my real friends? Can you even answer that?!"

"Yeah, I can."

"...what?"

"I'm your friend, Bud. Your real friend. I can tell because...I feel it in my heart that after all this time, it would be impossible for us not to real friends." Bud seemed silenced by Techno's words. "So, Bud. Allow me to ask you: Do you want to be my friend?"

"I...o-of course you idiot!" Bud smiled wildly. "D-do you realize how many people have said something like that to me? Zero! You're the first person to ever say that...thank you, Techno..."

That's what I was looking for all this time. Bud's smile. Her real smile...there was always something off about her and I now know what it is. She was saddened by her talent...Bud, let me become your true friend.

"Techno...thank you...I think...I think you might be the reason that I'm finally ready to try and leave. Let's get off this island with everyone else!"

*Ding!* Flower of Hope, Complete!

Item Got!

Bud's Underwear: Bud's favourite white lace-panties. Her first token of friendship to her first friend. You should feel honoured!

Author's Note:

OH MY GOD THAT TOOK THREE MONTHS.

Honestly, I had no idea what to do for Bud's FTE and the final one for Aqua. The writers block was thick for this one. At least I was able to eventually finish them though, that much is good.

And the thought occurred to me that people who aren't familiar with the franchise are gonna be so confused about the character underwear. I'm a horrible person and I apologise in advance.