• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 371 Views, 1 Comments

Loyalty is my Name and being Loyal is my Game - ZeroPony55



Three friends just got to Ponyville trying to live their new lives with some twist and turns in their life time.

  • ...
5
 1
 371

The Young Flyer Competition Finale

The next few day was spent on perfecting Loyalty's performance. He got his strength training with Cosmic and Applejack, he got his speed for Rainbow Dash, and he got information on what ponies like to see from Jet and Twilight. Loyalty was more then hype, he almost couldn't even sleep when the day came, so he had Jet brew a sleeping potion, but that didn't help. So he ask Cosmic to knot him out, but he was able to recover in record time.

When the day came, he quickly gather all of his friends and got on to them into the hot air balloon. He was so excited that he felt like just flying to Cloudsdale, but instead of ditching his friends, he just did a bunch of tricks in the air.

"You might wanna slow down, dear you waste all of you energy" Rarity said.

"I can't help it, Rarity this is a big event for me, it's like how it feels like I have, Pinkie's energy."

"Wowza you must be really excited if you use me as a simile" Pinkie said.

"Well I've been training a lot."

"Yah sure did I'm still amaze that you harvest some much with, Cosmic" Applejack said.

"Really? I felt like I haven't buck that much apples. I've been busy making sure, Loyalty doesn't over do it, and besides, Applejack you really help us as well" Cosmic said.

"Awww shucks that's very nice for you to say that" Applejack said, hiding her blush from Cosmic.

"I can't wait to see your trick" Applebloom said.

"Yeah" Sweetie Belle added.

"It's going to be awesome" Scootaloo added.

"It sure be, you guys really did help" Loyalty said.

"Yeah it was fun helping-" Jet soon notice Cloudsdale "-oh hey, Twily don't forget to cast the spell."

"Don't worry I got it" Twilight said, casting the spell as they landed.

As they land Spike just realize something "Hey, Jet did you just called, Twilight, Twily" This soon caught the attention off everypony and they all stare at the two.

"It's ok, Spike he's aloud to call me anything because his my stallionfriend and I also like it when he does use my nicknames" Twilight said.

"WHAT" everyone said, causing some ponies to look their way.

"Now clam down, we only been dating recently, there no need for a party, Pinkie" Jet said.

"I have no idea what your talking about, Jet" Pinkie said, with a nervous laughter. She soon toss some cards away when nopony was looking.

"Well lucky you, Twi" Applejack said. She soon thought if Twilight was able to get Jet as a stallionfriend she should have no problem with Cosmic, she got to find the right time before it's too late.

"Dude you dating a alicorn, the element of magic and, she save Equestria twice, and she can choice anypony and she choices you. Congrats" Cosmic said.

"Hey come on it's no big deal, besides we're here for, Loyalty let's get to the stadium and find good seats."

"But the competition doesn't start anytime soon why head there now?" Rainbow asked.

"Because this is a big thing, Rainbow look-" Loyalty pointed at the stadium. All types of ponies were heading into the stadium. "-Even signing up took a while, this is a huge event and everypony wants to see."

"I never seen so many ponies here" Fluttershy said hiding behind her hair.

"Hey, Jet too you why this many ponies are coming?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, after the sonic rainboom, the event became big, but since you friend, Rarity fell from it they cancel the entire event. Once word got out that Young Flyer competition was no longer supported a lot of ponies went depressed, or I assume because when I go for my daily walk around Cloudsdale, I don't see that many pegasus out, probably only like one or two pegasuses, I would see."

"My word, I never expected I would cause that event" Rarity said.

"Yeah you said it, it kind of got better or worse, when the Wonderbolts got the word as well."

"How would it get worse with the Wonderbolts?" Rainbow asked.

"From what I've been told, they cancel, about ten shows to support bringing back the Young Flyer competition back."

"How is that bad?" Scootaloo asked.

"They couldn't change the head counsel mind, they basically wasted time, I heard that they lost about a thousand fans because of this."

"Then how do you explain this?" Applebloom asked.

"I decided to explore into this rumor I heard, stating that somepony else was hosting it,,, and-"

"And what, Jet?"

"-And it's supported by my step-mother."

"Then is this one big trap for handing over the formula?" Twilight asked.

"I can't be."

"How come?" Loyalty asked.

"One, she's in jail or something, second few day back after the fight I got a anonymous letter telling me that a Young Flyer competition was being prepared and that anypony who attends should be prepared for something."

"So it a trap then" Loyalty said, being confuse as well.

"I was suspicious so I asked, Spike to send a letter asking for my step-mother activity journal."

"Oh yeah I remember that letter" Spike said.

"Yes um anyways it said that she was supporting the event, but it agree before she attacked, there for proving this isn't a trap for the formula."

"Then why does the letter asks us to prepare?" Loyalty asked.

"That is what we're to find out" Jet said as they walk inside.


Loyalty soon left his friends and heads to the waiting room. As he walk with his competitors he notice the amount of security pegasuses there was. He was soon stop by a employ telling him he gets his own room, which he was suspicious about. The employ sign and told him the reason. The reason was, some pegasus are sometime not prepare and need some time to remember their performance. It was to make sure nopony was trying to cheat. Loyalty agree to the answer and follow the guard to his room. His room was nice, but something felt a little more solid. He bonder about this until it was his turn to go up.


Twilight and her friends made it their way to the spectator area until a employ said they had a special spot just for her and her friends. All, but Jet and Cosmic ran to see their veiew As they walked Cosmic and Jet was stop by the guards.

"Hey what gives?" Cosmic asked.

"Only her friend are aloud" the guard pony said.

"We're her friend, I'm even dating Twilight" Jet said.

"Ha get a loud of these pegasus, you two are freaks there's no way you be friends with them" the other guard said.

"HEY, JET!-" Twilight said, running down the stairs "The view amazing come check out with me" she said giving him a kiss and soon dragging him up.

"Find go ahead" the guard pony said.

"Thanks I will" Cosmic said, heading up the stairs.

When he got up he got to see the amazing view of the stadium. Their was a lot of ponies that were here, even princess Celestia and Luna was here. Even Shinning and Cadance, but they were all located at the other side.

"Wow I never expected this many ponies actual show up for a reboot, I expect a lot of ponies, but the princess herself" Cosmic said.

"I know it's amazing, it's too bad there on the other side" Twilight said.

"Yeah it's too bad, I would actually like to meet you brother" Jet said.

"I only worry about him being overprotective about me, he might hurt you if you get on his bad side."

"I won't worry that much, he wouldn't hurt somepony with a condition."

"You have a condition?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"What I mean is, he wouldn't attack a wounded pony now would he."

"Of course not, but I probably going to asked, Cosmic to come when you do meant him" Twilight said, causing her friend to laugh for a bit.

"Don't forget, Loyalty his reaction time is the best" Cosmic said.

"I'll keep that in mind now hush everypony it's starting."


The show started with three pegasus doing the opening act. A pink pegasus was on the right side, while a white pegasus was on the left, and in the middle was a blue pegasus with a rainbow mane. The three pegasuses were flying around, doing loop-de-loops and barrel rolls. When a rainbow trail clashes with a another trail it cause a little shock wave, causing rainbows to go everywhere. It didn't take long for Rainbow Dash for who was the blue pegasus was.

"Hey, that pegasus has the same rainbow color mane, as Rainbow Dash" Spike said.

"That's true he does, Rainbow is that your dad?" Twilight asked.

"No he's my mentor."

"You had a mentor" Scootaloo said in surprise.

"Yeah of course I have who do you think teach me my stunts."

"I always thought it was-" Scootaloo got interrupted by Jet.

"Hey look at the pegasus has the same mane style as Pinkie" Jet said, making sure the topic was drop quickly.

"OH MY GOSH! my sister is here" Pinkie said.

"Wait when did you have a pegasus as a sister?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Oh, Surprise, yeah she was born one year after me, she was a surprise."

"But's how is she's a pegasus and your an earth pony" Twilight said.

"Twilight I think it's best if we go with it, this is Pinkie we're talking about" Jet said.

"I guess your right I don't want get injure again.

"How did you get injure?"

"Pinkie sense."

"What's Pinkie sense?" Cosmic asked.

"Oh it's when something happens to my body and it predicts the future" Pinkie said.

"Believable, but what does this have do to with the injures" Jet said.

"How is it believable?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight we live in a world where breast can eat us hole, spells can make us go back in time, and not to mention that one of my potions can basely heal anything it just takes a very long time to make."

"I guess that makes sense. I got hurt by falling objects by Pinkie tail twitching."

"Oh ok, how about we finish watching the opening act?"

"Sure" Twilight said.

They watch as the opening end comes in a close. Near the end each pegasus show off their own skill alone, but during the pink pegasus Applejack notices something.

"Hey, Rainbow isn't that one of your tricks" Applejack said.

"Yeah it sure does look like it" Rainbow said.

"More like she just copy your moves, I mean c'mon those move are totally yours, this is just a pegasus who like to copy" Scootaloo added.

"I don't know squirt, I think her moves are better then my."

"What are you saying, Rainbow your moves are always the best."

"Rainbow soon notice who that pegasus was. "MOM!?"

"What that pegasus is your mom" Rarity said.

"Yeah" Jet said.

"Pretty much" Cosmic added.

"Wait you two knew about this" Applejack said.

"Yup" they both said.

"Explain."

"I remember those two-" Jet pointed at Firefly and Rainbow Blaze "-but I don't know who Surprise is."

"When Loyalty and I were getting him sign up, we encounter them when me and Loyalty were there" Cosmic said.

"That still doesn't answer mah question."

"Was you question about how we knew, Firefly was Rainbow Dash's mother?"

"Eeeyup" Applejack said, copying her brother completely.

"It was when the three of us just became friends (Explains the they became friends) after we awoke, we notice the a pink pegasus taking care of us, while Loyalty was playing with this other foal, which turns out to be Rainbow Dash" Cosmic said.

"So Rainbow's mother took care of you guys?" Scootaloo said.

"Just for that day, I don't think Loyalty stay in contact with you after that, do you remember Rainbow?"

"I don't remember anything from my foalhood" Rainbow said.

"I guess that explain why you couldn't recognize your own mother" Jet said.

"Yeah I guess how about we stop talking and watch the competition."

They are soon went back watching the competition.


Loyalty was finish pondering about why the floor was so solid. He only believe that it was for the other ponies who came watching the event. Somehow he felt like this was wrong, and soon some guards came in telling him to come with them.

"Why?" he asked.

"You next" the guard said.

Loyalty didn't think he was next, it seem a little bit sooner, but since he didn't have a clock to prove he only agree and head with them. As they walked out he notice there not going the right way. "Isn't it this way" Loyalty said pointing in deration he came from.

"No you mistake it this way" the guard said.

"I'm pretty sure it's this way so I just head this way-" he said but was stop by some other guards ponies appearing out of nowhere.

"No you mistaken" the guards said, and soon took a step forward.

Loyalty step back. "What's going on."

"Get him" a guard said. The guards soon sandwich him and soon he was thrown into a cell with three other pegasuses.

"Loyalty is that you" a pegasus said.

"Yeah how did you know my... Firefly, Surprise, Rainbow Blaze what are you doing here?"

"This competition was a set up" Firefly said.

"For what?" Loyalty asked.

"I answer that" a pegasus said.

"Who are you?"

"What can't you recognize you old man" the pegasus.

"No who are you?"

"Loyalty he's your dad" Rainbow Blaze said.

"What, why have you done this."

"Your soon to find out" he said tossing a sleeping potion in their cell.

Loyalty soon woke up one some machine unable to move. "Stop you moving it a lot more easier for the both of us" a pegasus said.

"Ok who are you now?"

"I'm Break Striker a.k.a Cosmic's father" Break said.

"What have you done with the others."

"Oh there just sleeping we only need you to extract the power you have."

"What do I have that other pegasus don't have, aren't we all the same?"

"True, but how many ponies to you know has the little fire you know as loyalty."

"I have no idea what you mean."

"You are a beginning for the new element of loyalty."

"But Rainbow Dash already the element of loyalty, how are there two?"

"We don't know or care, but once your dad takes the element he be able to unlock the Tree of Harmony and take the elements."

"Oh... what's the Tree of Harmony?"

"By Celestia you're stupid, it doesn't matter say goodbye to your element."

"Break sir the professor wishes to speak to for something major" a guard pony said coming in.

"Very well take me too him" Break said leaving Loyalty alone.

"Good that brought me some time" he said to himself. He starts moving his tail trying to find anything on the machine. Soon his tail got stuck in some stuff in the machine. He then yank whatever made his tail got stuck and was soon free, but in doing so made his hind side all oily. "Note to self avoid Rarity" he said to himself.

As he walk out two guards notice him and chase him. Loyalty decided to charge at them as well, with a look, that would make death himself stare. The two quickly became scare and ran into the clouds hoping it wouldn't chase after them ,but they soon forgot the walls of the stadium were had stone in them so they knot themselves out. Loyalty quickly ran where the others were being kept and got them out.

He got to the room and quickly knot out the guard that was inside the room and set them free.

"Thanks, Loyalty, but you should have just left us and save yourself and the ponies who came to this event" Rainbow Blaze said.

"I couldn't just leave you guys."

"I guess that why they call you, Loyalty" Firefly said.

"Yeah come on let's get out of here.

As they walk out of the room, but to be only confronted with his dad, and a bunch of guards. "Going somewhere?"

"Yeah-" he then bash his way to the right "It's called outside, c'mon" he said running, and the others following.

"Well what are you waiting for get him" Loyalty's dad said. "I swear none of them has common sense.

Loyalty was taking care each and every guard there was, when they are escaping. He soon found a way out.

"Next up, Loyalty!" the announcer said as the group came out. Everypony was confuse on what was going on.

Loyalty flew up "Listen everypony this is owww-" soon his dad came out nowhere and started attacking, he fought back a bit "-Dad. Why are doing this, is for the Tree of Harmony, how do you know this would even work?"

"Don't be ridiculous, oh course it would work" He said while exchanging blows.

"WHAT WOULD YOU GAIN FROM THIS!"

"Fame, power, need I go on."

Cosmic tried to take flight, but was block with the guards surrounding them. Celestia and the other were block by multiple of skillful unicorns that knew every trick they had, they also took advantage on how many ponies could be harm by the guards in the statium. Everypony was panicking and trying to get out, but the guards we're making sure they stay put.

Loyalty's dad soon brought out and put on a experimental weapon out "Screw it, I gave you a chance to hand it over, now it's over" he said then stab him, and impairing his wings.

"LOYALTY!" All of his friends said.

"Now his element is my-" he was soon shot down by a lighting bolt, and was caught by Break

"Thanks for getting me this element, Bravo, but you service is no longer need" Break said taking the element.

"We had a deal" Bravo said.

"Yeah we had a deal, but my plan doesn't need you goodbye my old friend" he said dropping him down.

As he fell he was surprise to be caught by Loyalty. "Don't worry dad I got you."

"Son why?"

"I might not have the element anymore, but I'm still loyal to my parents."

Bravo couldn't said anything, he had betray him took flying from him and acted to like he did nothing wrong.

"Bravo I can't fly but you can so hurry up."

Bravo went up and carried his son and landed on the on a platform that's under the stadium and rest for a while.


Cosmic finally broke through the guards defenses with the help of Applejack, he quickly made charge at Break. He tried to throw a punch at him, but miss. "Well it been a while son" Break said.

"You don't even get to call me you son."

'You know you should respect ME!" Break shout, firing a fireball at him.

Cosmic tried to dodge, but he soon realize the fireball was homing on to him. He flew straight up trying to get away from the fireball as best he can. He wings might be huge, but it gave him more power to fly higher. He was soon higher then the highest mountain, and was still shot down by the fireball, and like a firework it exploded. Cosmic was knot out and was falling to his doom.

"COSMIC!" Jet shouted. He soon was able to break the guards defenses as well, and he jumped for him. In his mind was he Loyalty is gone, but he wasn't going to lose him either if he could do something about it. Cosmic was falling fast, but since Jet had metal wings he could easily catch up to him, until Break shot another fireball and it him in no time at all.

Break laughed at the two pegasuses falling. Loyalty couldn't watch as his friends just fall, so he did what he does best and jump and tried to catch happen. Soon everypony was cheering on Loyalty, once they spotted him, diving down for his friends. As Loyalty dive down, he remember that fateful day, when Jet was falling. He might not have save him, but he was able to catch him, and he was planning to catch both his friends and save them both. He took it to himself to always to be loyal no matter anything, and soon the fire that Break was holding, started growing. It grew so big that it burn Break's hoof and he had to let it go. The fire came back to Loyalty fast, and his eyes started to glow, and before he knew his body different, event his cutie mark was different. He now had a majestic blue mane, while his fur became a deep space blue color, and his cutie mark became a star. His wings also grew a bit bigger, but still it match his fur. He felt like he was a new pony as he dive down catching Jet and Cosmic, while leaving a cosmic blue trail, it even has mini stars. The two pegasuses wounds heal instantly when Loyalty was done changing in his new form. The element also gave something little to both Jet and Cosmic. Cosmic was granted him power like an earth, while it gave Jet, the power of flight. Loyalty let go his friends and they follow behind him. The trio charged at Break and beat the hay out of him, Cosmic didn't even hold back. As he went down and many royal guards and night guards came in arresting the guards and the two dads. The trio decide to do a small act before the guards shut down the competition.


Once the three friends landed, Twilight instantly tackle her stallionfriend, Cosmic came to see Applejack, but got a slap in the face and soon a kiss. Loyalty walked up to Firefly and Rainbow Dash.

"That was pretty cool so I guess it's ok for you to date my daughter" Firefly said.

Rainbow Dash blush "Mom don't said things like that, it's embarrassing."

"What. Are you saying you don't want to date him" Firefly said with a trollish grin.

"What no umm. uhh, just-" Rainbow was soon push by her mother into Loyalty causing them to kiss. After they broke off Rainbow Dash was silent, embarrass, and mad at her mother for doing that.

"Hey, Rainbow" Loyalty said.

"Yeah" she was on autopilot now.

"Do you want go out with me?"

"Sure."

They soon walked to the others to tell them the news, while Rainbow Blaze walked to Firefly "You know you just gave you daughter the most awkward way to get a stallionfriend" he said.

"I know it was fun to watch it was more entertaining then your nervously break down when you were asking out, Surprise."

"Hey better then, Phoenix when he asked you during his a victory speech, I remember you dare not to show you face at all at high school" Rainbow Blaze said, with a chuckle.

"I thought we all agree not talk about how he ask me out."

"Maybe I should tell, Surprise she wasn't there."

"No please don't do that" she begged as they walked over to Surprise and her sister.

Later after Loyalty was finish talking to his friends, two guards brought Loyalty's dad because he had something he should know. "You should know your name is Chrom."

"No your mistaken, my name is Loyalty, I am a different pony now, I'm no longer your son-"

"Very well, one last thing I might not be your dad, but you still have a mother" he said and soon left with the guards, but before Loyalty says one last thing as he's taken away.

"And next time we meet, I want to know who you."

Author's Note:

And this ends Loyalty and his friends journey.

Loyalty: Yeah thanks for tuning in, it's too bad it's the end

Jet: Yeah the end of the trio

Cosmic: Yup but at least we still get marefriends in the end

Comments ( 1 )

I liked this story a lot. The only thing I would suggest is spelling and grammar. Nice job, though! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment