• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 532 Views, 12 Comments

Dangerous waters - Honest Wisdom



Captain Nightmare Moon and her crew are terrorizing Equis! it's up to Princess Twilight Sparkle to stop her.

  • ...
2
 12
 532

Prologue

Queen Celestia paced back and forth anxiously; her sister's screams filling the castle and putting the guards on edge. They resisted the urge to run into the infirmary and defend their Queen of the night. But there was no enemy to defend against, no danger to confront. There was only the soon to be Princess.

Celestia looked up as an old wise man shuffled into the room, his namesake beard clutched in his boney fingers. She flung her arms around his shoulders. "I'm so glad you're here, Starswirl. Luna refuses to let anyone else read her daughter's magic."

He nodded. "I can feel the magic from that room, her daughter is definitely a very powerful Alicorn; I'll know more once I see the child."

The Day Queen nodded and opened the door to the infirmary. The minute she did, a magical blast sent the Unicorn and Alicorn flying back. "STAY AWAY FROM MY TWILIGHT!" Luna screeched as her wings spread wide. Her eyes and horn glowed with powerful magic.

Starswirl got to his feet first, despite his age he was very fit. "Luna, it's me, Starswirl."

"Stay back!" She fired a blinding spell at the old unicorn and reached for the bundle of cloth. Celestia rose to her feet and cast a barrier spell around the child. Luna glared at her sister, her eyes filled with malice. "You."

"Luna, I won't let you hurt her in your rage. Calm down and explain yourself." She levitated the child to her arms. The adorable child reached up and tried to grab the ethereal hair that swayed in the non-existent breeze.

Luna shrieked in rage. "She was right! You've taken everything from me! My subjects, my lover and now my only child!"

"Luna, please..."

"No! No more!" She fired another blast of magic at her sister.


The thief cackled as he dodged into an alley before the guard's bullet tore through his sleeve, the bag of goods swung up and knocked a guard across the face. He could have easily teleported away, but what was the fun in that? This way he could make a seen and mock the royal guard by kicking their oppressive asses. Ever since Queen Luna disappeared the royal guard was far stricter.

"Stop! Thief!"

He stopped sharply and turned to the guard. "Oh woo is me!" He man said sarcastically. "I'm trapped! There's no hope for me!" He held out his arms. "I surrender; I must pay my debt to society."

The guards looked at each other. As one stepped forward he snapped his fingers and a hole appeared under their feet, he chuckled. "Whoops!" He picked up the bag. "Better luck next time, gentlemen!" He laughed.

A can sailed out of nowhere and knocked him in the head. He turned and saw two pegasi girls, one with rainbow hair scowled at him and the second with light pink hair cowered behind the other. "Buzz off, this is our spot. We don't need you bringing the guard here!" She picked up another can.

The pink haired girl squeaked and poked the first in the side. "Rainbow," she whispered. "I don't think it's a good idea to make him mad."

"But 'Shy... If we don't protect our home then people will think they can just waltz through here whenever they want!"

The Thief was tempted to turn them both into oranges but then noticed their bones showing through their skin and he sighed. Curse my heart of gold. He reached into his bag and pulled out a diamond encrusted chalice. "Would this be enough to buy passage?"

The two gawked at it until the Rainbow haired one snatched it from his hands. "Yeah, sure. Now scram!" The girl grinned and scrambled around looking for somewhere to hide the treasure.

He laughed and began to climb up the side of the building, not bothering to use the fire escape. "Umm... Sir?" He stopped and looked down to see the other pegasus looking up at him. "I'm sorry for my friend's behavior, thank you." She turned and went back to her friend.

He chuckled. "Reminds me of myself at that age."


Nightmare Moon scowled as she looked around. Her fall from power had been... painful. Perhaps it was best if her Tyrant Sister believed her dead. She'd lie in wait, grow her power, and strike. But first, she needed a way to get by.

A man strolled in. He wore a clean crisp suit that could probably only be afforded by the higher classes in Canterlot. He walked using an ivory cane, the tip dipped in gold. His hair was blue and he seemed quite young. His eyes scanned the room, looked for something... or someone.

Nightmare pulled her hood down over her face. she wasn't about to call attention to herself, especially not from a noble.

Step, click, step, click. Step, click, step, click. She shrunk away from the approaching footsteps; they stopped right in front of her table. "Hello, Nightmare Moon." she growled at him. He raised his hands in a gesture of peace. "Relax, I only want to talk." He slid into the seat across from her. "I happened to hear about your little tantrum a few months back. I know that Celestia banished you."

Her arm shot across the table and she grabbed his horn. "Get to the point, stick head."

He cleared his throat. "I have a ship; I'd like to offer you a job. I supply the ship and you get the crew." She released his horn, shoving his head back roughly as she did so. "I get a small percentage of the profit and you get petty vengeance on your sister."

She eyed him, "Piracy?"

"Someone say piracy?" The two conspirators looked over to see a Draconequus lunged on the next seat munching a caramel apple. "I love pirates! So... chaotic." He threw the apple and a cat yowled in pain. "Where can I sign up?" He flashed a toothy grin.

The fancy unicorn turned up his nose at the newcomer. "The offer was for Nightmare."

He pouted. "Rude."

Nightmare resisted laughing at the unicorn's irritation. Their magic tended to put others on edge making them aggressive and irritable. Very few equines could stand to be around Draconequui, Nightmare was one of those few. "I accept your offer, Mr..."

"I think it best my name remain secret."

"Fair enough, this gentleman will be my First mate."

He grinned and blew a raspberry at the unicorn. He growled. "Fine." he stood sharply. "We'll be in touch." he stormed out of the bar.

She grinned at his frustration. "And what would your name be?"

"Discord." he held out a scaly claw-like hand.

She took it in her short flat hand and they shook. "Nightmare moon. But you can call me Luna."

Author's Note:

A new story that popped into my head. If you spot any mistakes, please mention it. Please comment!