• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 3,192 Views, 359 Comments

Foal Fever - Distaff Pope



With a filly on the way, Vinyl's started dreaming about her glory days as Equestria's premier DJ. A mysterious potion offers her a chance to feel young again, and with Vinyl's youth restored, Octavia's pregnancy is suddenly a lot

  • ...
10
 359
 3,192

4. Young at Heart (Vinyl)

It was almost midnight when Tavi finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion. Normally, I would have probably passed out a few hours before that, but not tonight. Not for the first night I felt alive in… I don’t know how long. My whole body was just charged with energy, and while she was busy sleeping, I found myself staring at the ceiling wishing I could do just about anything else. The night was so young, it seemed a shame to waste it, I mean, I was pulling all nighters up until a few years ago. Up until just before I met Tavi.

Why did I let myself get so boring? Today was way more fun than the last few months combined. More fun than teaching classes, going to fancy dinners with Tavi, listening to her obsess about baby stuff, and evenings spent swapping stories with Lyra about work or all the fun stuff we did years ago. Instead of talking about all that, we could be out there doing it or more of it. Eventually, I had enough doing nothing and went to to my DJ room, remembering to actually put the stupid sound-proofing spell on it this time so I didn’t ‘wake the entire neighborhood up.’ Also, since Tavi was trying to sleep, I guess maybe waking her up with my awesomely mind-blowing music would be rude.

For almost an hour I played, until I guess I had an epiphany. Today was fun. The potion made it fun. The potion made me fun, and if I had some more of the potion, I could be like this for next few years, maybe longer if I had potion left over. The thought raced through my mind, again and again, growing louder with each repetition, until I finally had to do it. I mean, why wouldn’t I? Why wouldn’t I want to be fun and young again? I’d still be married to the second-most awesome mare in the world, I’d still have all the cool stuff I had, but now I would be back to feeling like I was in the prime of my life, it would… it was so obvious. I went to the place in my workroom where I stashed the potion earlier that day (If Tavi saw it, she’d probably want to do a bunch of boring talky stuff, and I didn’t want to do that), and pulled out the stopper before remembering all of Trixie’s warning.

So, unlife sounded pretty bad. Like, probably didn’t want that to happen, and general moodiness, I could probably live without. I also didn’t want to end up as a little filly or something lame like that, but… if I could get to feeling this awesome forever… that couldn’t be a bad thing, could it? I mean, who doesn’t like feeling good? Shoot, maybe I could convince Tavi to drink some later, but first… I wrapped my lips around the bottleneck and downed the biggest gulp I could before eyeing the remainder. That should be enough to make the awesome last forever without risking unlife. Like, if taking a big sip could cause unlife then the potion probably wouldn’t be sold at all. That’s just completely unsafe.

I stopped up the bottle, hid it behind my record collection, and sat back down, waiting for it to take effect, figuring it wouldn’t be too long. The first sip I had taken started working in barely a minute, so the big gulp would probably hit me with the good stuff quickly. There were about ten minutes of waiting, before I felt what must’ve been the biggest yawn ever coming on. Weird how I went from being wide awake to feeling like I was about to pass out in less than thirty seconds, I thought as I made sure I had a decent area to lay down on. It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if I had a little nap, today had been a busy day, and getting a little shuteye wouldn’t be the worst thin… It was just… I had suddenly gotten so… Before I could finish the thought, I had completely conked out.

***

It was far too early for Tavi to be tapping me with her hoof. I mean, I had only fallen asleep what felt like a few minutes ago, and now Tavi was trying to wake me up for some reason? I opened an eye to glare at her, only to find out it was super-bright outside. Why in Equestria didn’t I close the shades? “Vinyl, wake up, it’s almost 2:00 in the afternoon.”

“Please,” I said, rolling over on to my back. “I haven’t slept until noon in years. Even if I stayed up a little late last night, it can’t be past 10:00 yet.” I stretched as I spoke, trying to wake myself up. “Also, what were you doing letting me sleep on the floor for so long? Couldn’t you have woken me up earlier so I could sleep on an incredibly comfy bed with an incredibly sexy mare?”

“I tried,” she said, glaring down at me. “At 3:00 in the morning, 6:00, and 9:00. Each time, you informed me that I should stop bothering you and let you sleep. Now you’ve been asleep for at least eleven hours though, so I think it’s time for you to wake up.” Tavi furrowed her brow as she looked at me. “Get up, something about you looks off.”

“Alright,” I said, slowly getting to my feet. “No need to get so pissy about everything.” For some reason, even when I was standing up straight, she was slightly taller than me. Did the potion make me smaller? Maybe, I suppose I wasn’t as tall as I was now when I was younger. But that would mean… I smiled and wrapped my forelegs around her. “It worked! The potion made me young and awesome again!”

Tavi took a step back, her eyes going wide with confusion. “Potion? Vinyl, what did you do?”

“You see,” I said, unable to keep myself from smiling, “yesterday, I found a potion that would make me feel young again, and I thought that would be awesome because, you know, who wouldn’t want to be young again? Feel like they did before they peaked. Anyways, I took the first sip and it worked, but that was only supposed to last for twenty-four hours, and I didn’t want to go back to being boring, so I thought maybe I could just take a big gulp and that would make the feeling of awesomeness last forever. I guess it did the next best thing and made me a teenager again.”

The blood drained from Tavi’s face and she just kind of deflated. “You… you did what? That sounds… isn’t chronomancy supposed to be incredibly dangerous?”

“I suppose,” I said, “I mean, technically doing what I did last night could have resulted in unlife, but I figured nothing that terrible would happen to me if I was smart, like, I feel completely invincible.”

She thumped her head against the wall she was leaning against. “That’s because you are thinking like a teenager, and every teenager thinks they are invincible. I thought I was invincible, and I was a mostly sane teenager. For instance, I remember one weekend I spent practicing my cello nonstop for an audition on Monday. Needless to say, I was completely exhausted come Monday morning and managed to sleep through it and part of Tuesday.”

“Wow,” I said, rolling my eyes at her. “Apparently, you were boring even as a teenager. Drink some of the potion with me and I can show you how to live a little, make up for your wasted youth.”

“First of all,” she said, moving to pinch her nose, “I am still quite young, and I don’t particularly feel like my formative years were wasted. I mastered a skill, met my wife who is currently making me question her good judgment, and I helped found an orchestra for Princess Luna. If only all ponies wasted their youth like I did. Second of all, even if I were tempted to drink the potion, I’m not eager to see what effect time magic has on our foal.”

“Oh, come on, for the last nine months it’s been ‘our foal’ this and ‘our foal’ that. It’s like… I get that this is important to you… us, but can’t we do something fun now and then?”

“You mean like spend a majority of a day in bed?” she asked, not bothering to hide her disdain. “Also! Just… Don’t try to distract me from the fact that you turned yourself into a teenager. Just what you were thinking?”

“I already told you, I wanted to be young and cool Vinyl Scratch and not old and boring Vinyl Scratch.”

“You… You weren’t old, you certainly aren’t boring, and there was no need for any of this. You are coming with me to Twilight’s right away and we are going to sort this out and get you back to normal.”

“But I don’t want to get back to normal, I want to stay like this. It’s way cooler, I feel awesome and invigorated and…” I paused as a shiver of excitement ran up my spine. “Let’s go to the bedroom and bang some more!” I ran a series of kisses across her barrel and to her flank before drawing us together, knowing what would happen next. In just a few minutes, I’d have her warmth pressed against mine as waves of pleasure rolled across our bodies. Being young again just gave me so much energy, and it felt like my entire body was burning with barely contained lust. Lucky me, there’s a mare who wants to do all the sexy fun stuff with me.

Suddenly, she got all tight again and pushed me away. “No, I’m not going to sleep with a teenager, even if…” She sighed before shaking her head. “Yes, you’re my wife, and yes, yesterday was fun, but right now, we need to get you back to normal. After that, we can see about a repeat performance.”

“So… no sex until I go with you to try to get turned back to normal?” I asked, trying to give her my best sultry pound. Why did she have to make things difficult? All I wanted was to feel her hooves and lips pressed against–

“Vinyl Scratch! Get that look out of your eyes right now. We are going to Twilight’s castle this instant to see about turning you back to normal.”

“Do we have to?” I said, stretching to show my flank off. The potion must have had me lose some weight, ‘cause I felt fantastically thin, like… all lithe and nubile. How could she resist me? I could barely resist me.

Her cheeks went all red as she looked down at the floor for a few seconds, taking some deep breaths. I used the opportunity to press my lips against hers and slip my tongue into her mouth. She moaned softly as I felt her lean against my. Then without warning, she drew away and clapped her mouth shut. “No, I need to focus. Vinyl, we are going to talk to Twilight right now, we are getting you back to normal, and then we can get back to doing such things. Come along.” She gave me her best firm commanding voice and I groaned before following after her. At least I had managed to hide the potion before passing out last night, and could get us both to drink it sometime, although… yeah, I should probably make sure that her drinking the potion wouldn’t cause our foal to pop out of existence.That would be bad.

***

“I’m sorry Octavia, but the magic has completely permeated her body,” Twilight said, the glow of magic fading from her horn as her magical diagnostic spell finished. “Undoing it would take weeks of work devising a counterspell, although it does seem like there’s a natural release valve for the magical energy. Do you have any information on the potion? Maybe if I knew how it worked, I could devise the counterspell faster, but it’s still rather doubtful. I promise I will work on this whenever I can, though.”

“And how often do you think that will be?” she asked, frowning at the purple princess.

“Well, we do have those negotiations with the Griffon Empire over the next few weeks, and I have to be in attendance, but I promise that as soon as I get back, I will make it my top priority.”

“Cool,” I said, trying to nibble at Tavi’s ear as she continued to glare at Twilight. “Gives me some more time to enjoy life, if you have to take your time with getting me back to normal, that’s totally fine.”

“Twilight, can you give me a copy of your notes on the potion as soon as you finish writing them up? I want to have Lyra take a look at them and see if she spots anything useful.”

“Alright,” she said, pulling a quill and paper out from her drawer. “I will get to work on that right away, Spike can fix you a meal while you wait.”

Tavi shook her head. “I’m afraid I have to decline that offer, I have an appointment with the travelling bazaar to talk to whatever pony sold Vinyl her potion. Could I trouble you to keep an eye on my wife while you work? I currently find myself not trusting her good judgment, and don’t want to leave her to her own devices.” I glared at her, just because I looked a bit younger didn’t mean she could go around treating me like a child, I was still older than she was. But now, she was treating me like some idiot. Hopefully, she’d stop acting all upset soon, and we could actually enjoy my newly regained youth. Because honestly, what’s the big deal? I’m still me. I still love her. Does any of this other stuff matter?

“Yeah, I can do that,” Twilight said as she put quill to paper before smiling at me. “Care to have a study session together Vinyl?” Tartarus would have to freeze over first, I thought as Tavi headed out the door with fire in her eyes.