• Published 29th Jun 2014
  • 7,505 Views, 233 Comments

Party for one, Party for all - darkmage1997



Pinkie finds an abandoned human orphan girl, and a runaway princess while on her way to meet her friends at the swimming hole.

  • ...
23
 233
 7,505

Chapter 3: Melody of the sun and moon and the luck of a plan

It was in the middle of the night when Pinkie heard the faint whimpering of someone. She looked to see that Melody and Clover weren't in bed with her. This made Pinkie really scared. As she turned to try and find Melody and Clover, she saw something that smashed her heart into smithereens. There in the corner of Pinkie's room, was Melody and Clover huddled up with their arms holding their legs close to themselves, without a cover, and shivering. Pinkie knew she couldn't allow her friends to suffer like this, so carefully trotting over to the girls, Pinkie tenderly scooped them up in her forelegs and carried them back to her bed. As she carefully walked over, Melody and Clover slightly stirred in her sleep. Blinking their eyes open, they saw Pinkie carrying her over to her bed. This caused Melody and Clover to shake in Pinkie's grasp. Pinkie then sat on her haunches, and tenderly cooed to them, "Shh, it's ok, we can go back to sleep in my bed." Pinkie said trying to soothe her.

"R-really? I would be beaten back at the orphanage for sharing anything." Melody said surprised.

"A-and I wasn't even allowed near mommy and daddy's room at night, even when I had a nightmare," Clover said with shock.

Pinkie quietly gasped Not being allowed to make friends and no sweets wasn't enough?! And what kind of parents won't comfort their own child?! she thought angrily, but she then calmed down when she remembered she had to soothe the girls, "Shh, it's ok, nopony will ever beat you for sharing, and you can sleep with me if you have a bad dream, so there's no need to be nervous, ok?" she asked with a tender smile. The girls just nodded. "Great! Now let's get back into a comfy bed." And they did just that. "Goodnight Melody and Clover," Pinkie said giving Melody a loving kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight, mommy" Melody and Clover said giving the worlds cutest yawns before falling asleep. Pinkie was awake enough to hear what they said, and let a tear of happiness roll off her cheek.

The next day

Sunlight peeked through the widow of Pinkie's room. When she felt the sunlight coming through the window, Pinkie start to stir I her sleep. Blinking her eyes open, she then looked down to see little Melody and Clover snuggled up next to her. Perhaps Princess Celestia knows if this decision is the right one she thought to herself. She then proceeded to nuzzle Melody and Clovers cheeks, "Melody, Clover, it's time to wake up sweethearts," Pinkie said in a soft tone of voice. Melody and Clover then began to stir in their sleep. Blinking their eyes open, they looked up to see Pinkie smiling down on them. "Good Morning sweeties," Pinkie said to her in a kind tone.

"Good morning Pinkie," Melody and Clover said looking up at the pink mare with a smile of their own.

"Would you two like some breakfast? We've got some oatmeal if you want some." Pinkie offered.

"Oatmeal? I've never had anything to eat besides hot and cold mush." Melody said looking a bit nervous.

"And I was only served really fancy breakfasts, so I've never eaten oatmeal before," Clover said looking down in shame.

"It's ok, I can make it nice and sweet for you two, depending on what you would like in it. And not having oatmeal is not something to be ashamed of Clover, so don't let it get you down," Pinkie reassured the girls.

"If it's ok, can I have cinnamon oatmeal?" Melody asked huddling up to Pinkie.

"Me too?" Clover asked curling into a ball and laying against Pinkies side.

Pinkie's heart melted at the gesture, "Of coarse sweethearts," Pinkie said giving Melody and Clover a hug.

"Pinkie, can we get dressed while you make the oatmeal?" Melody said lowering herself to the floor.

"Sure! I would like to see those pretty dresses Rarity gave you!" Pinkie said with excitement. "I'll be downstairs with your breakfast." Pinkie informed the two girls.

"Ok, Pinkie, we'll will be down soon." Melody said before grabbing the dress and heading into the bathroom with Clover. And with that Pinkie hopped happily out of her room to go and get Melody and Clovers oatmeal ready. As she walked downstairs, she saw her friends, including Spike, all seated at a table in the corner. They all looked up from their table to see Pinkie trotting in happily.

"Hey girls, hey Spike what's up?" Pinkie asked while trotting up to her friends.

"Well, we all thought we would meet here before we go and see Celestia and Luna." Twilight explained. "And Spike wanted to come and meet Melody and Clover." she said turning her attention towards the baby dragon.

"Yeah, Twilight came back last night telling me about your new friends. So what're they like?" Spike asked curiously.

"Well, they're sweet like an entire ocean of cupcakes, but really timid around somepony new." Pinkie said explaining Melody and Clovers personalities. "Well, they'll be down in awhile, so I'll go and make their oatmeal." Pinkie said before bouncing away into the kitchen.

As Pinkie began to cook the oatmeal, Melody and Clover both came downstairs in their ruby red dress and clover patterned dress.. The ponies and Spike all turned to see her, and the d'awwed at what they all saw. "Aww, you are so cute! That red really brings out your sweet nature Melody, and that green clover dress really suits you Clover darlings" Rarity said giving a blushing squee. Melody and Clover blushed when they were called cute. But as soon as they saw Spike, they squeaked and ran behind the counter. This made Spike worried.

"Was it something I did?" he asked looking up at Twilight.

"Of course not Spike, they probably never seen a baby dragon before." Twilight reassured him.

"Actually, I-it's because the caregivers always scared any girl who broke the rules by forcing them to look at scary pictures of reptiles." Melody explained, now feeling comfortable that the dragon that was with her friends was nice.

"A-and mommy and daddy told me that dragons would eat me if I didn't behave!" Clover said, now feeling silly for being scared of Spike.

"Oh my, that definitely isn't the right thing to do," Twilight said looking at where Melody and Clover were.

"And I prefer jewels," Spike explained.

"Dragons eat jewels?" Clover asked curiously. Spike nodded.

"Well, if you all are friends with Spike, then I guess we can try to overcome our fears." Melody said now coming out of hiding with Clover, and walked over to meet Spike. "Hello Spike, I'm Melody, it's nice to meet you," she said a little nervously but with a smile.

Clover walked up to him next, but as she was about to talk, she tripped and fell on the floor. The ponies all rushed over to see if she was alright, "Don't worry, I'm used to tripping, being as unlucky as I am, anyway, my name is Clover. It's nice to meet you Spike," Clover said with a small smile.

Aww, Twilight was right, they are little sweethearts. But why would Clover think she's unlucky? Spike thought to himself, "It's nice to meet you too, I'm Spike, Twilight's number 1 assistant." he said with a proud smirk.

Just then, Pinkie came back in with a bowl on a tray. "Here you go sweeties, now be careful, it's still very warm." Pinkie said giving Melody and Clover the tray, and a spoon.

Melody and Clover carefully took the first bite, and their taste buds melted at how sweet it tasted. Mm, this is what cinnamon and oatmeal taste like?! they thought to themselves before looking up at Pinkie, "It's yummy Pinkie, thank you!" Melody said before taking another bite. Clover nodded in agreement.

Pinkie and her friends all felt their hearts melt at their sweet natures. "Aww, your welcome sweetie," Pinkie said rubbing up and down on their backs. After a few bites, the girls had finished their oatmeal. "My you two were hungry weren't you? Here let me take that tray and those bowls for you," Pinkie said before taking the bowl and tray into the kitchen.

"Sweethearts, we are going to take you both to see two other Princesses like me, ok? And don't be scared, Celestia and Luna are both really nice, so there's no reason to be scared," Twilight said to the small children.

"Ok, Twilight, if you're sure," Melody said, feeling a bit uneasy.

"Don't worry Melody, darling, the princesses would never dream of doing anything to hurt either of you." Rarity said rubbing Melody's back.

"Ok, I will go now and wash my face," Melody said going off to the bathroom. Clover went with her, tripping along the way.

"Gosh, I hope what you girls find out about them isn't super bad," Spike said looking up at the ponies. They all looked down at the drake and nodded in agreement. While they were all waiting for Pinkie and the girls to come back, a Pegasus guard came in and spotted the pony friends.

"Princess Twilight, we have been given orders to bring two small human girls with us back to Canterlot for audience with the royal sisters." he said with a stoic expression..

"Very well, we will be out momentarily. OH! And try not to scare Melody or Clover," Twilight instructed the guard, from which he nodded and trotted back outside. As he left, both Pinkie and the girls came from where they were. "Alright girls, we leave for Canterlot Castle right away," Twilight informed the two, and with that the friends, save for Spike, all left. "Are you sure you don't want to come with us Spike?" Twilight asked turning back to look at the young drake.

Spike only nodded, "Yeah, someone has to stay and watch the castle while you gone. And don't worry, I will have everything cleaned up before you come back." he reassured the lavender alicorn, who just nodded and left to go and catch up to her friends.


As they were walking, the friends all noticed that the townsfolk were all looking at Melody and Clover and their new outfits, and d'awwed when they saw the little girls in their dresses, even a familiar pair of fillies, one grey and one pink, had to admit they were the cutest things ever.

"Sweeties, look around you," Twilight hinted to the small child. As Melody and Clover looked around, they blushed when they noticed everypony staring at them with warm smiles, but stayed close to Pinkie being the shy little girls they ate. They soon arrived at the carriages, and the guards also d'awwed at the little girls. "Alright girls, we leave now." Twilight said taking a carriage with Applejack. Rarity took a carriage with Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy took the carriage with Pinkie and Melody and Clover. As soon as they were seated, they took off for Canterlot.

I'm sure the princesses will know what I should do for Melody and Clover, Pinkie thought to herself. Just then, they saw Canterlot coming into view. "Look sweeties, there's Canterlot city!" Pinkie said to the little girls pointing towards the mountains. When they saw the city, they was amazed at how the buildings looked like castles.

"Wow, this place is so pretty!" Melody said with a twinkle in her eyes. This made Pinkie give her a warm smile. As they were about to land, Melody asked, "Pinkie, is that castle?" she asked still with that adorable look in her eyes.

Pinkie had butterflies in her tummy when she heard the little girl ask. "That's right pumpkin, and we're going to go and meet the princesses inside." Pinkie replied. This made Melody excited to meet two more princesses, but also a bit nervous because she thought they may not be welcoming towards her. The group, led by Twilight, continued to the entrance of the castle where they saw two guards stationed just outside the door.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle and friends, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are awaiting your arrival." one of the guards said giving them the right of way. The group then proceeded inside. When they reached the main hall, they saw, at the top of the stairs, the royal sisters, Celestia and Luna. The group all bowed respectfully.

"*giggle* Arise my little ponies," Celestia spoke with a motherly tone as not to scare Melody or Clover. "I received your letter Twilight, now if I may ask, where is the precious little ones?" she asked looking around to try and find the little girls. She then noticed a shaking in Pinkie's tail. Pinkie felt the shaking in her tail, and turned to look in her tail.

"Melody, Clover, it's ok, the princesses aren't scary, they're really beautiful," Pinkie said trying to soothe the poor dear children. Poking their head out of Pinkie's tail and looked at the princesses with wonder in Melody's eyes, but fear in Clovers eyes..

"Aww, you two are even cuter than what Twilight described you as! Any way, my name is Princess Celestia, the regal sister of the sun, which means I control the daytime." Celestia said introducing herself.

"Aww, you two are just so cute! My name is Princess Luna, I am the princess of the moon, and the night." Luna said introducing herself.

Melody politely walked towards them, and bowed her head respectfully, and the spoke, "Hello your majesties, my name is Melody Smith, it's nice to meet you." she said in a soft tone.

Clover walked up, but tripped when she came out from Pinkies tail. "Don't worry, I'm ok. It's nice to meet you Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, I'm Princess Clover Harver," Clover said with a small tone.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Celestia asked with concern. Clover only nodded. "Well, as long as you're sure, anyway, those dresses are the cutest I've ever seen!" Celestia said with a squee. But then she saw pain in Melody's blue eyes and Clovers gray eyes and frowned. This made Luna concerned.

"Tia, what's wrong?" Luna asked worrying for her sister.

"Children, tell me, is something troubling you?" Celestia asked in a soft tone to keep Melody and Clover from getting scared. Pinkie and the others became concerned for the girls. Melody and Clover then looked up to Pinkie for reassurance.

"It's ok sweeties, we only want you to be loved, and not alone." Pinkie said trying to help them.

Melody took a deep breath and started to speak with a hurt and broken tone, "I l-lost m-my m-mommy and d-daddy w-when I w-was o-only t-two y-years o-old." this made the mares gasp in horror. For such a sweet child to lose her parents at such a young age. "A-after t-they d-died, I-I w-was u-unlucky enough t-to b-be brought t-to the c-cruelest o-orphanage on E-Earth. T-there, I was a-always b-beaten f-for not being able to s-speak p-properly, s-sharing my b-bed and b-blanket with a-another orphan, f-for singing to try to m-make everyone h-happy, and w-worst of a-all, I-I w-wasn't a-allowed to even t-think of f-friends." The mares were horrified that such cruelty even exists. "T-the c-caretakers a-always m-made s-sure t-to m-make m-my l-life even m-more t-terrible, l-like b-blaming m-me for m-my p-parents d-death, a-and not allowing m-me t-to even l-look a-at s-sweets, a-and l-locking u-up a-any orphans that b-break the r-rules, a-and they u-use toys as f-furnace f-fuel." Melody couldn't hold back anymore and turned and hugged Pinkie while crying long and hard. The mares and Clover were all deeply saddened for Melody as well as enraged by the cruelty of these "caregivers". After a few minutes, Melody cried herself to sleep.

"A-and for me, my mommy and daddy were the king and queen of Transylvania. My story is similar to Melody's, except I was always yelled at, a-and f-f-forced t-t-to s-s-sleep outside, s-s-sometimes, w-w-without anything to keep m-m-me warm, a-a-and t-t-they said that I s-s-should n-n-never even l-l-let m-m-me c-come into t-their room I-if I had a n-n-nightmare," this made everypony's hearts break that she was void of comfort from her family. "A-a-and t-t-they s-s-say t-t-that I s-s-shouldn't w-w-waste t-t-time w-w-with stuff like f-f-friendship. A-a-and after a w-w-while, I b-b-became c-c-convinced t-t-that I was the unluckiest girl in the world," now Clover couldn't hold back, and cried long and hard into Pinkies chest fur, until she too fell asleep.

"The poor darlings certainly did nothing to deserve the cruelty of those charlatans! I will have to make future dresses that are extra special for them, they deserves it after all they've been through." Rarity said with tears stinging her eyes.

"Yeah! I never in my life thought ponies would sink that low!" Rainbow Dash said angrily.

"Ah certainly hope those varmints get what's coming to them!" Applejack snorted.

Fluttershy was chocked up with so much anger and sadness she screamed out, "HOW DARE THOSE MEANIES HURT THIS LITTLE PRINCESSES?!" she seethed with anger put into every word.

Pinkie's mane an tail both deflated, "The poor sweeties, to have to suffer the loss of her parents was bad enough, but that level of abuse?! I will have to plan an extra special party for them, and make extra special treats to go with!" she declared with determination.

"Celestia and Luna, if I may ask, is there a way we can alert the human authorities of this awful orphanage, as well as tell Clovers parents off?" Twilight asked trying and failing to hold back a flood of tears.

"There is Twilight, and we will need to bring Melody along to help us prove the orphans misery, and as for Clover, we will tell her parents that she will no longer be living with them," Celestia said with a furrowed brow.

"And I know where Melody and Clover came from, since they made a wish for a better life for themselves and the other orphans from Melody's orphanage." Luna said inciting gasps from the other mares. "What? You spend some time on the moon and you can hear the dreams and wishes of other worlds." this definitely surprised the mares.

"Um, Princess Celestia? Can I ask you something?" Pinkie asked with tears still glazing her eyes.

"Yes? What is it Pinkie Pie?" Celestia asked the pink pony, whose mane and tail were still deflated. This made Luna and the others curious.

"Well, after we give those mean meanies from the orphanage and those awful parents their just desserts, I was thinking if you would allow me to adopt Melody and Clover?" she asked the sun princess with hope in her eyes. To say that the other mares were surprised would be an understatement, they all had their jaws dropped like bricks. Gaining her bearings, Celestia looked at the party pony.

"I would love to allow you to be the mother Melody and Clover needs, but are you up to the task? Taking care of a child is a lot of responsibility." Celestia said, explaining what being a parent is like.

"I'm sure, and Melody and Clover needs a mommy to love her so badly after hers was unfairly taken from her." Pinkie said with her mane and tail gaining their poofiness again. Celestia nodded in understanding.

"Very well, I shall have the adoption papers ready once we get back." Celestia said making Pinkie even happier to the point she had tears in her eyes.

"Thank you so much Princess, and I pinkie promise to love Melody and Clover with all my heart." she said doing all the motions of the promise. Melody and Clover must've heard what they were discussing because they cuddled closer to Pinkie with a warm smile on their faces. This made everypony tear up with happiness, even Rainbow Dash, and she didn't care.

"All right, now let's go!" Celestia said before teleporting everypony out of the main hall. After she teleported away, a pair of yellow and red eyes, who saw everything also was teary eyed.

"So, there is unnecessary abuse about on Earth, eh? I guess I better go and spy on this orphanage. Secret spy agent Discord mission: expose the cruel orphanage caregivers and terrible parents." Discord said before teleporting away to follow his pony friends.

Author's Note:

And here is chapter 3! How sad that Melody had to go through all that. And how can those awful orphanage heads do that to an already miserable girl?! And it looks like Discord will be helping too! What will happen next? Stay tuned!